Acc Or Haste Belt?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Acc or Haste belt?
Acc or Haste belt?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-07 16:09:02
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Alexander.Nepharite said:
I would suggest marinara pizza over crab sushi for abyssea parties.

that's too elitist

plus

i just don't like pizza

i like to use tuna sushi instead

I think it has less to do with elitism and more to do with the 3hr duration on the food. It just ends up being cheaper as long as you don't die. If you die occasionally, grab stacks of sushi instead.
 Shiva.Superdan
Serveur: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-07 16:10:03
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Keman said:
ok lets see where to start I would use pizza but thats 5k for one and sushi is 5k per stack. Is using pizza really gonna help so much to actually icrease the amount of exp I get per hour in abyssea?

In abyssea I basicly do just full time that set ><, I have an enm+ set and what not just don't really marco it in. the only thing I macro in are my hospitaler earing and 3% cure adaman barbuta into my cure marco's.

The reason I don't marco in my emn+ stuff is because I can hold hate till about 50% and by that time Im needing to disengauge to get the next mob engauged.

when I say "Better then decent job" I mean I am engauged on the next mob either as or before the first one dies so fighting is as seemless as possible, I hold hate until I disengauge (as much as possible), and I can handle curing myself full time (with somesort of refresh and granted ***doesn't hit the fan).

Your xp per hour being increased by switching to food.. Is going a little too far, I think.

But, pizza WILL increase your dps. Which makes mobs die faster (Even if only by half a second) so it technically 'will' increase your xp/hr.. but proably not significantly. However, if you're wanting to boost your performance, then yes, eat pizza. It's a 3 hour long food.. 5k for 3 hours is nothing man.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-07 16:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Keman said:
The reason I don't marco in my emn+ stuff is because I can hold hate till about 50% and by that time Im needing to disengauge to get the next mob engauged.

Stop.

You should always macro enmity gear into volatile actions like provoke/flash/cures etc. Then you could hold hate on that mob while engaged on the next. And yes, Pizza will increase your performance more than sushi assuming XP mobs.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-07 16:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Keman said:
ok lets see where to start I would use pizza but thats 5k for one and sushi is 5k per stack. Is using pizza really gonna help so much to actually icrease the amount of exp I get per hour in abyssea?

olawd

so

like do you marco in your enmity marco on stuff where you need marcos to keep hate?

i hear enmity sets are real good sitting there in your inventory when you don't marco them in

so do you hold hate(as much as possible)

or do you hold it

i <3 the it's good enough so i'm going to make sure not to do any better attitude

now me

i mostly polo

ps in case you were wondering yes you're a leech
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-07 16:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Alexander.Nepharite said:
I would suggest marinara pizza over crab sushi for abyssea parties.

that's too elitist

plus

i just don't like pizza

i like to use tuna sushi instead

I think it has less to do with elitism and more to do with the 3hr duration on the food. It just ends up being cheaper as long as you don't die. If you die occasionally, grab stacks of sushi instead.

you're gonna drive me to start using sarcasm tags on my ***

like the rest of the forum forrest gumps
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-07 16:16:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Superdan said:
Alexander.Keman said:

In abyssea I basicly do just full time that set ><, I have an enm+ set and what not just don't really marco it in. the only thing I macro in are my hospitaler earing and 3% cure adaman barbuta into my cure marco's.

when I say "Better then decent job" I mean I am engauged on the next mob either as or before the first one dies so fighting is as seemless as possible, I hold hate until I disengauge (as much as possible), and I can handle curing myself full time (with somesort of refresh and granted ***doesn't hit the fan).

Your xp per hour being increased by switching to food.. Is going a little too far, I think.

But, pizza WILL increase your dps. Which makes mobs die faster (Even if only by half a second) so it technically 'will' increase your xp/hr.. but proably not significantly. However, if you're wanting to boost your performance, then yes, eat pizza. It's a 3 hour long food.. 5k for 3 hours is nothing man.

LEAVE HIM ALONE HE HOLDS HATE GOOD ENOUGH

[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-07 16:16:23
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Keman said:
Edit: as far as WS's go I useally just use sanguine blade in abyssea. I can get lucky and get some 500+ vorpals but that is in no way consistant. do people actually make "WS sets" for saguine blade and does it really help?
There is another WS besides Atonement?
 Alexander.Keman
Serveur: Alexander
user: Keman
By Alexander.Keman 2010-09-07 16:16:43
Link | Citer | R

I noticed sometimes when I hold hate after I disengauge and I "go to engauge" the next one if I have to move I pull the mob with me and that seems to stunt the DD's damage on the mob as for it is chasing me.

Am I wrond here in thinking this way?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-07 16:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Keman said:
I noticed sometimes when I hold hate after I disengauge and I "go to engauge" the next one if I have to move I pull the mob with me and that seems to stunt the DD's damage on the mob as for it is chasing me.

party with better dds
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-07 16:17:54
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Keman said:
Switch Target, do not disengage. Provoke the next mob or Flash, whichever time isn't up. You don't need to move.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-07 16:19:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Alexander.Keman said:
Edit: as far as WS's go I useally just use sanguine blade in abyssea. I can get lucky and get some 500+ vorpals but that is in no way consistant. do people actually make "WS sets" for saguine blade and does it really help?

i cheat with ATT+30/MAB+30 atma
with Novio and Moldavite it ups Sanguine pretty decent with MAB+42 lol
 Alexander.Keman
By Alexander.Keman 2010-09-07 16:20:16
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Quote:
party with better dds

can I ask how them being better gives them the ability to attack a mob while its moving?

PLD is my only job really leveld so I don't really know to much about DD'ing
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-07 16:20:40
Link | Citer | R

I want to know what kind of DD's you pt with if they can't get hate off of you..

I'm not taking a dig at you really.. but..

on an xp style mob, wtf kind of alliance of DDs can't grab hate? Hell I tank half the time in aby as DRG and my DRG isn't great in any respect.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-07 16:21:41
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

you're gonna drive me to start using sarcasm tags on my ***

like the rest of the forum forrest gumps

:(

I love my marcos.
Alexander.Keman said:

Yeah, you should make a WS set for all your WSes. Though I don't know how high a PLD can get Sanguine Blade, due to their lack of options in MAB, INT, and MND gear.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-07 16:22:30
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Keman said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Quote:
party with better dds

can I ask how them being better gives them the ability to attack a mob while its moving?

you can ask how to quote

a decent dd is going to rip hate from a paladin long before the 50% mark no matter what the paladin does, and it will be a nonissue

if you have dd's at level 80 who still can't accomplish this, Hypnotizd just outlined the optimal procedure
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-07 16:27:03
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Keman said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Quote:
party with better dds

if there better it WONT be moving when your changing mobs @ 50%
they would have taken hate from u inside the first 20%, and u would be able to move freely mob to mob

least my SAM WAR and DRG accomplish this
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-07 16:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Alexander.Keman said:

Really yeah, Atonement is garbage on XP mobs, better off gearing for a different WS in XP.
By Archangelgab 2010-09-07 16:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Keman said:
I noticed sometimes when I hold hate after I disengauge and I "go to engauge"

Before you go on...
I disengage
He disengages
She disengages
They disengage

now rewrite these conjugations x 1000 each and you're good to go.

[+]
 Alexander.Keman
By Alexander.Keman 2010-09-07 16:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Not sure really what to say I didn't think I was this gimp/bad, but I guess being a PLD means you never get to party with other PLD's so I didn't really have anything to judge myself on so my self preception of myself was slightly inflated, so much as to think I was doing a good job.

I guess never really having bad abyssea partys did that too, all this does make me wonder what kinda exp per hour I could get in abyssea with all this advice.

Edit: ah ok no "u" in disengage, I really need to remember that one ><
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-07 16:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Keman said:
Not sure really what to say I didn't think I was this gimp/bad, but I guess being a PLD means you never get to party with other PLD's so I didn't really have anything to judge myself on so my self preception of myself was slightly inflated, so much as to think I was doing a good job.

I guess never really having bad abyssea partys did that too, all this does make me wonder what kinda exp per hour I could get in abyssea with all this advice.

Edit: ah ok no "u" in disengage, I really need to remember that one ><

People on this forum can be overly harsh at times. You'd probably get a warmer reception if you asked for advice to improve your performance humbly, rather than saying "I want cheap ***and I keep hate good enough"

Honestly, most PLDs suck. The biggest contributing factor to a PLD imo in abyssea, is keeping up with the party and being ontop of that first assist. I don't expect them to keep hate. It just sucks when they get lazy, and then all the dumbass DD are like "Yo my button aint working?????? Which we atk???" /crowd disperses in 3 directions and mages waste a ***ton of mp.
[+]
 Alexander.Vivicide
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-09-07 17:17:01
Link | Citer | R

People that don't take things seriously and say phrases like "good enough" usually suck at this game.

There is no good enough. If I did thing "good enough" I wouldn't have bothered to get Adaman Hauberk, or Hachiryu Haidate.

Using terms like "good enough" just screams "I don't care about my damage" or "I don't care how good of a tank I am". Always strive to be better. If you don't then you are doomed to mediocrity.

No one is ever good enough in my book.
[+]
 Siren.Temeraire
Serveur: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-09-07 17:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Not sure that Marinara pizza is going to be cost effective for a PLD in a DD setup. Dorado sushi might help you absorb a couple more hits as a tank. It is the +enmity form of sushi. Not sure what the price on your server is, but it should be closer to Squid sushi's price than it is to Sole sushi.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-09-07 17:52:27
Link | Citer | R

oh lol you guys are evil today
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 10:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Accuracy > haste when haste is less than 50% and accuracy is less than 50%.

Once both values go over 50% haste will always beat accuracy.

Most likely you'll have 50% accuracy pretty easily.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-13 09:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Alexander.Keman said:

Really yeah, Atonement is garbage on XP mobs, better off gearing for a different WS in XP.
Sorry kinda bumping this from last week.

In my defense, I came back to the game and quickly leveled my 9 jobs from 75-80 and really didn't have a chance to play with all of the new abilities and WSs. I can say now from leveling PLD again from 80-85 Saguine blade is so much better in exp. Without any specific gear it was hitting 400+ and as PLD/WAR thats a nice bit of HP recovery.

Atonement can do more, but only if you pop Sentinel and do some cure spamming before and its really not practical in Abyssea exp with how fast mobs die. My apologies :)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-13 10:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:

Once both values go over 50% haste will always beat accuracy.

Most likely you'll have 50% accuracy pretty easily.

What most people who read ffxiah will take from this post...

Quote:
Quote:
Accuracy > haste when haste is less than 50%
Quote:
Accuracy > haste

"Ok, so accuracy belt is better, thanks!"
Phoenix.Excelior said:
/killsself
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-09-13 11:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Yeah, you should make a WS set for all your WSes. Though I don't know how high a PLD can get Sanguine Blade, due to their lack of options in MAB, INT, and MND gear.

As I was glancing through the thread, I noticed this and threw together a quick set which would be usable as a Sanguine Blade setup in terms of MAB/INT (could also switch the INT+ out for MND and use it as part of a Chivalry setup!)

I doubt it's practical, but it'd be fun to roll up to an EXP PT in it just to see the looks =P

Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-13 12:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Accuracy > haste when haste is less than 50% and accuracy is less than 50%. Once both values go over 50% haste will always beat accuracy. Most likely you'll have 50% accuracy pretty easily.
What most people who read ffxiah will take from this post...
Quote:
Quote:
Accuracy > haste when haste is less than 50%
Quote:
Accuracy > haste
"Ok, so accuracy belt is better, thanks!"
Phoenix.Excelior said:
/killsself

Sadly people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE D:

Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-09-13 15:39:49
Link | Citer | R

w/ pld i just stuck to wearing my warwolf belt and didnt worry about that slot much, then again my pld wasnt focused around damage dealing