Link | Citer | R

lol anon administrator
 Asura.Yekyaa
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yekyaa
By Asura.Yekyaa 2010-09-06 16:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Ugh... after going through the whole "restore from backup" reapply patches, apply MouseFix, i forgot to get a backup copy of the new 09.06.2000 patch file and have since deleted the old one as well ;;
Any chance someone has a backup of today's ffxivgame.exe before the MouseFix patch is applied?
[+]
By Eugenitor 2010-09-06 16:39:23
Link | Citer | R

Here you go. (I'll leave it on the server for a couple of days)

Now all Cliff needs to do is fix the infinite loop gobbling up a whole core (doesn't matter what your system is, this bug EATS ONE CORE, or possibly half a core on Intel hyperthreaded systems) all the way from the frickin' title screen, and he will officially be God.
 Lakshmi.Azrial
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Azrial
By Lakshmi.Azrial 2010-09-06 16:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
If anyone is even slightly suspicious of something Cliff's worked on, they should probably stop using this site right now. =p

Haha, this made me lol pretty hard
 Asura.Yekyaa
user: Yekyaa
By Asura.Yekyaa 2010-09-06 16:46:04
Link | Citer | R

Eugenitor said:
Here you go. (I'll leave it on the server for a couple of days)

Now all Cliff needs to do is fix the infinite loop gobbling up a whole core (doesn't matter what your system is, this bug EATS ONE CORE, or possibly half a core on Intel hyperthreaded systems) all the way from the frickin' title screen, and he will officially be God.

Thanks, I assume since it was such a quick response, that you haven't managed to apply some Trojan to it ^^
By Eugenitor 2010-09-06 16:47:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yekyaa said:
Thanks, assume since it was such a quick response, that you haven't managed to apply some Trojan to it ^^

Well, if there is a virus, I hope you let me know.. because that's the same copy I've been running! (Still waiting for some kind of solution to this CPU bug before I actually start playing FFXIV again. Half of a dual-core system can't run it worth a crap.)
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-06 17:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Cliff != Scragg. Cliff is another of the site's three co-founders.

As he quit FF11 long before the community side of our web tools were written, he has no linked character but is still a site admin.

Also, anyone who guesses the significance of his avatar without consulting teh Google wins one (1)* cookie.

(* There is no actual cookie.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-06 17:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Cliff != Scragg. Cliff is another of the site's three co-founders. As he quit FF11 long before the community side of our web tools were written, he has no linked character but is still a site admin. Also, anyone who guesses the significance of his avatar without consulting teh Google wins one (1)* cookie. (* There is no actual cookie.)

Tic-Tac-Toe, across the bottom, now don't give me my not cookie.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-06 17:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:

Fail.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-06 17:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
NO U.

NO! I'm listening to It's a Sin, ATM. Can't hear the vid/wav/whatever.
 Bismarck.Calina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2010-09-06 17:57:29
Link | Citer | R

patch works great thanks^^

game sooo much easier to play using my razor naga then a controller hehe
 Asura.Ketak
user: Ketak
By Asura.Ketak 2010-09-06 19:02:55
Link | Citer | R

2 1 7 in binary?
 Asura.Meowzma
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-06 19:16:15
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
Asura.Meowzma said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Just tried it now at the title screen and it feels great. The cursor looks a little weird now though, like someone shrunk it in paint.

Why do you think they haven't added an option to toggle it on yet? If SE really doesn't want people using programs like windower, they need to stop "hiding" things that should be visible/usable in the first place...

+1 from me.

Who knows. In the Alpha phase, there weren't any settings for your graphics or the screen resolution, so you'd log in with everything on full blast @ 1280*720.

Only thing thing you could change is what port you wanted to use
Erm, can't remember if this applied for the alpha, (I think it did) but certainly from an early beta version there's been a config.exe you could open to tweak all that.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\ffxivconfig.exe"

Erm, nvm, 4th of July that was created on my system, so unless that was a reinstall, that coincides with closed beta release.

Config in Alpha only changed network port, not screen size etc. There wasn't even an option to change controls on 360pad (though it did work, you had to guess what the buttons were).
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-09-06 19:16:24
Link | Citer | R

Can I give a hint?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-06 19:19:32
Link | Citer | R

I want ice cream..
By Viena 2010-09-06 20:28:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Scragg said:
Can I give a hint?

Is it alive?
By verbal 2010-09-06 20:35:13
Link | Citer | R

It's a glider in Conway's game of life.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-06 20:44:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Scragg said:
Can I give a hint?
[+]
 Asura.Meowzma
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-06 20:56:33
Link | Citer | R

Haha, a personal digg from SE.
By DAOWAce 2010-09-06 21:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
I believe the problem is it being server side rather then client side, I really do believe that once retail hits and we have a disk that installs stuff a bit more reliably that they will put stuff that should be client side... client side (IE, mouse, UI, idk what else really >.>)

Nah, not even that. I should've used the word 'sluggish'. It feels like the menu is operating in, well, software mode. The animation of the menu seems to be capped at 30FPS. It just feels so sluggish.

The latency with things like the craft menu, skills menu, item management, etc, that's all a whole different problem resulting in the servers being overloaded, and in Japan.

If we get regional servers and a non sluggish UI, I'll consider purchasing the game. Until then, I just can't play with the ridiculous lag in present time. 7 years ago was fine since I was on dial-up, it felt normal (and I was younger, more computer illiterate). Not so anymore, so it's extremely noticeable.
[+]
 Odin.Luthe
Serveur: Odin
user: utoxin
By Odin.Luthe 2010-09-06 22:11:59
Link | Citer | R

What I want to know, is when will Cliff release a pseudo-fullscreen mode for XIV? I really really want it. :)
 Kujata.Erim
Serveur: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-09-06 23:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Luthe said:
What I want to know, is when will Cliff release a pseudo-fullscreen mode for XIV? I really really want it. :)

You can sort of do that now using this.

The problem I have with this solution is that I lag pretty bad while doing it.
 Kujata.Erim
Serveur: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-09-06 23:41:52
Link | Citer | R

Oh right, and the emblem, if I remember correctly is referred to as the Glider. Shows association with hackers I think. I haven't seen it in a long time.
 Odin.Luthe
By Odin.Luthe 2010-09-07 09:20:33
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Erim said:
Odin.Luthe said:

You can sort of do that now using this.

The problem I have with this solution is that I lag pretty bad while doing it.

Yeah... which is why I want Cliff to do it. FFXI windower /rocks/. It actually performs better than SE's own windowed mode.
 Gilgamesh.Katsuuu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Brimah
By Gilgamesh.Katsuuu 2010-09-07 09:21:21
Link | Citer | R

Do you have a downgrade patch for version 2010.09.06.2000.

because i forgot the backed up, this morning :( I'm sorry!
Administrator
By Cliff 2010-09-07 12:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Luthe said:

I'd wait for Azaril to pull himself away from his girlfriend and/or work to do it. He put together a really great windower for windower 4.0, and I'm sure it would work great with FFXIV too.

Neither of us were in the closed beta so this is our first exposure to the game.

-cliff
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-07 12:21:36
Link | Citer | R

I also noticed that when the Receive ping gets high and/or the connection icon goes yellow or red, your character begins to lag on movement commands -- even continuous movement -- and jerks around a bit.

This is actually a good thing, in a way. (Minus the lag in the first place, which is pretty brutal.) It implies that character position is done on the server side and not the client, so hopefully FF14 won't be flooded with teleport hacks again.
 Odin.Luthe
By Odin.Luthe 2010-09-07 12:22:15
Link | Citer | R

Cliff said:
Odin.Luthe said:

I'd wait for Azaril to pull himself away from his girlfriend and/or work to do it. He put together a really great windower for windower 4.0, and I'm sure it would work great with FFXIV too.

Neither of us were in the closed beta so this is our first exposure to the game.

-cliff

Awesome. As long as there's at least a plan to investigate doing it, I'm happy. LOVE the XI windower. It makes playing on a computer bearable. :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8