God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God did not create the universe, says Hawking
God did not create the universe, says Hawking
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 38 39 40
 Phoenix.Darki
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-03 02:40:03
Link | Citer | R

Prince I'm falling short on your math jokes, math is the only thing where my brain stops functioning.

anyways.
What
the ***
is
this
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-03 02:40:17
Link | Citer | R

>_>
 Cerberus.Ethics
Serveur: Cerberus
user: zerohoax
By Cerberus.Ethics 2010-09-03 02:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
I have a degree in particle physics, I don't need Google or Wiki to explain myself.
Stan said his IQ is = 140+
Let's x=>140 and y=Stan's Real IQ.
x = y Since Stan's IQ is = to his real IQ.
x^2 = xy Since x = y
x^2 - y^2 = xy - y^2 Since we need his real IQ to factor this equation.
(x-y)(x+y) = y(x-y) Factoring.
x + y = y Simplify.
y + y = y Since x = y.
2y = y Combine.
2y/y = y/y Divide both sides.
2 = Stan's real IQ.

I'm not even going to bother being mean to you. I hope you don't think you're fooling anyone though.

Can you guys stop asking him questions btw? He is going to get fired for using the WiFi @LHC.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-09-03 02:41:30
Link | Citer | R

I don't see why you couldn't just omit the "under god" part and say the rest of the pledge. Unless patriotism is against your morals/values too.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-03 02:41:53
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Ethics said:
I have a degree in particle physics, I don't need Google or Wiki to explain myself.
x^2 = xy Since x = y
x + y = y Simplify.
y + y = y Since x = y.
2y = y Combine.
2 = Stan's real IQ.

I'm not even going to bother being mean to you. I hope you don't think you're fooling anyone though.

Can you guys stop asking him questions btw? He is going to get fired for using the WiFi @LHC.

TRY AGAIN LHC WHAT? because no you are wrong lol.

Post deleted by User.
By Kanjirou 2010-09-03 02:42:07
Link | Citer | R

Prince, seriously: get over yourself. You're not doing anyone any favors with this attitude of superiority. You're clearly not terribly gifted at math, so it makes no sense for you to prop that subject up the way you've been, as some sort of sign that smart, reasonable people aren't religious, etc. You're giving those of us that DO study math and science a bad image by painting us as religious bigots. I'm absolutely sick and tired of this culture of superiority that's going around these days among (my fellow) atheists, as if science and "rationality" clearly and unequivocally disprove the existence of God -- and anyone who doesn't recognize that, who doesn't hop on board and 'get with the program', is just a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, backwards neanderthal that deserves to be mocked and ridiculed in public. I currently have several very devoutly religious friends in physics and mathematics Ph.D. programs who are insanely brilliant and could personally blow the ***out of you in any contest of wits. They observe and practice their religion regularly and, quite frankly, you can stuff your opinions about that up your ***. (Not to mention several of the Nobel Laureates throughout the years who considered their scientific work an act of worship.) The fact that these people exist might not make sense in your worldview, but do kindly keep it to yourself: the rest of us plan on getting along just fine, and we'd prefer it if you keep your bigoted nonsense behind your oh-so-superior lips.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-03 02:42:41
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Kanjirou said:
And what math did you exactly tutor?
When I wasn't taking graduate-level complex analysis or doing an independent study on elliptic curves? Most of the people who came into the lab needed help with calculus and trig. It was pretty boring. Let's keep comparing mathdicks. I'm sure it'll help your ego, which is what this is really about.
I used to operate a nuclear reactor... though tbh that doesn't even compare to all the stuff I had to learn about it that would never do me any good. Like seriously material theory and stress analysis...
make it blow up
If by blow up you mean an actually nuclear explosion you can't. They are designed for that to be impossible. However you can raise power fast enough to super heat the coolant and cause a steam explosion... Kinda like this. Goddamn EM's

Well at least they learned, best thing to read out of this thread. The thread that turned into ***, yes this thread.

You had your hand in that. How does it feel?

so did you pathetic maggot swine, meat ball curry sauce and onions, good luck again.

I am aware. Since I do not actually think or say I am better than anyone else I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

If we put your unbelievable credentials, stupidity, and hypocrisy aside Stan. The main difference between me and you is I do not say ***like that over and over again because I know I am no better than anyone else. I even admitted such in this thread, and I do not sit here posting how others are pathetic maggots.

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Kanjirou said:
And what math did you exactly tutor?
When I wasn't taking graduate-level complex analysis or doing an independent study on elliptic curves? Most of the people who came into the lab needed help with calculus and trig. It was pretty boring. Let's keep comparing mathdicks. I'm sure it'll help your ego, which is what this is really about.
I used to operate a nuclear reactor... though tbh that doesn't even compare to all the stuff I had to learn about it that would never do me any good. Like seriously material theory and stress analysis...
make it blow up
If by blow up you mean an actually nuclear explosion you can't. They are designed for that to be impossible. However you can raise power fast enough to super heat the coolant and cause a steam explosion... Kinda like this. Goddamn EM's

Well at least they learned, best thing to read out of this thread. The thread that turned into ***, yes this thread.

You had your hand in that. How does it feel?

so did you pathetic maggot swine, meat ball curry sauce and onions, good luck again.

I am aware. Since I do not actually think or say I am better than anyone else I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

If we put your unbelievable credentials, stupidity, and hypocrisy aside Stan. The main difference between me and you is I do not say ***like that over and over again because I know I am no better than anyone else. I even admitted such in this thread, and I do not sit here posting how others are pathetic maggots.

tl;dr
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-03 02:43:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Stan, I think you should get this haircut >_>

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-03 02:44:29
Link | Citer | R

k so i just now got the RNA from pages before wth... they look like lifesavers candies lol
 Leviathan.Dissonant
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-03 02:45:17
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dissonant said:
I support the idea of ridicule for nonsense on forums. It all comes down to what one sees as nonsense.
Oh, so you admit that your opinion on God/religion is subjective.

Missed this on the last page sorry.

Well considering I am classified as a theist, yes my views on "god" are subjective. Peoples views on their religion are subjective. However that should not be used to downplay say me going on and on about how certain things in religion are moronic. If I am applying reasoning to say not believing in the bible because it condones slavery and child sacrifice I am going into the realm that is not so subjective anymore. It is not too subjective that slavery, murder, etc are bad so if you actually catch me debating religion instead of trolling and mocking it in general you be much happier with me.
Point well taken. The thing I am most tired of in this thread is Prince acting like he has all the answers. This was waaay more interesting when Fryguywhateverthehellhisnameis was posting and actually debating. This has turned into Prince calling people he disagrees with stupid and thinking he knows there is no god, which is the most ignorant thing anyone can do in my book.

Okay, lets sit here and think for a moment. I want you to take everything you know about the world. Then I want you to take everything you know believe about god. Then I want you to take everything you know about math and science. When you take all of that I want you to tell me that it is likely god exists.

In reality it is just not likely, and that is not to say there is no god. That is to say that should be the middle ground every person can come to.
I completely agree, never said I didn't. I said that it's ignorant that he thinks he knows.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-03 02:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Kanjirou said:
Prince, seriously: get over yourself. You're not doing anyone any favors with this attitude of superiority. You're clearly not terribly gifted at math, so it makes no sense for you to prop that subject up the way you've been, as some sort of sign that smart, reasonable people aren't religious, etc. You're giving those of us that DO study math and science a bad image by painting us as religious bigots. I'm absolutely sick and tired of this culture of superiority that's going around these days among (my fellow) atheists, as if science and "rationality" clearly and unequivocally disprove the existence of God -- and anyone who doesn't recognize that, who doesn't hop on board and 'get with the program', is just a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, backwards neanderthal that deserves to be mocked and ridiculed in public. I currently have several very devoutly religious friends in physics and mathematics Ph.D. programs who are insanely brilliant and could personally blow the ***out of you in any contest of wits. They observe and practice their religion regularly and, quite frankly, you can stuff your opinions about that up your ***. (Not to mention several of the Nobel Laureates throughout the years who considered their scientific work an act of worship.) The fact that these people exist might not make sense in your worldview, but do kindly keep it to yourself: the rest of us plan on getting along just fine, and we'd prefer it if you keep your bigoted nonsense behind your oh-so-superior lips.

HA HA HA HA HA
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-03 02:46:26
Link | Citer | R

As ignorant as the people who say they "know" there is a god?
Absolutely.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-03 02:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely.

Well I think I should shake your hand and we can move on? :P
I'm good with that! :D
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-03 02:48:45
Link | Citer | R

I support the idea of ridicule for nonsense on forums. It all comes down to what one sees as nonsense.

Well considering I am classified as a theist, yes my views on "god" are subjective. Peoples views on their religion are subjective. However that should not be used to downplay say me going on and on about how certain things in religion are moronic. If I am applying reasoning to say not believing in the bible because it condones slavery and child sacrifice I am going into the realm that is not so subjective anymore. It is not too subjective that slavery, murder, etc are bad so if you actually catch me debating religion instead of trolling and mocking it in general you be much happier with me.
Point well taken. The thing I am most tired of in this thread is Prince acting like he has all the answers. This was waaay more interesting when Fryguywhateverthehellhisnameis was posting and actually debating. This has turned into Prince calling people he disagrees with stupid and thinking he knows there is no god, which is the most ignorant thing anyone can do in my book.

Okay, lets sit here and think for a moment. I want you to take everything you know about the world. Then I want you to take everything you know believe about god. Then I want you to take everything you know about math and science. When you take all of that I want you to tell me that it is likely god exists.

In reality it is just not likely, and that is not to say there is no god. That is to say that should be the middle ground every person can come to.
I completely agree, never said I didn't. I said that it's ignorant that he thinks he knows.

But humans believe in god, what then. They can and they are not dumb for doing so. you can not disprove he exists and say he can exist.

Unless you died and were revived say by drowning and saw heaven or hell.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-09-03 02:48:45
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely.

I don't think it's all that ignorant of someone to fully believe in a God. I do think it's ignorant to try and force that God on someone though.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-03 02:50:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Kanjirou said:

HA HA HA HA HA

Burn /thread.

the atheists that I love! No the type of person that I love this has nothing to do with theists or atheists I can not view people like that.

I was taught not to ; ;, yet I left him get to me.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-03 02:50:50
Link | Citer | R

Kanjirou said:

endrant? LOL
he's clearly superior. not more than i though
By Kanjirou 2010-09-03 02:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Cerberus.Ethics said:
x^2 = xy Since x = y
x + y = y Simplify.
y + y = y Since x = y.
2y = y Combine.
2 = Stan's real IQ.

TRY AGAIN LHC WHAT? because no you are wrong lol.

lol there is no freaking way this kid has a degree in particle physics.

I mean, if he does, maybe he can prove it to us all right now by drawing feynman diagrams for the interaction between two protons in a scattering experiment, deriving the corresponding perturbation expansions to leading order, and calculating cross sections. Or maybe he could just explain, in layman's terms, what that whole process is supposed to accomplish and why physicists care about it.

I'll be waiting with bated breath. -.-
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-03 02:52:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Stanflame said:

But humans believe in god, what then. They can and they are not dumb for doing so. you can not disprove he exists and say he can exist.

Unless you died and were revived say by drowning and saw heaven or hell.

I wouldn't say one is dumb to believe in god or god(s). I would consider people who follow the bible blindly the idiots.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 02:54:32
Link | Citer | R

Not really. It's more of POIDH.

Yes it might be true. But since you can't really prove a negative the only logical solution is to believe in things that can be proven and not in things that can't be
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-03 02:54:32
Link | Citer | R

reason is not faith lol
reason is the proof of our reality we cannot deny. with no reason comes death.

faith is believing on something, totaly different.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 38 39 40