Elvawen stole my Hades Sainti +1
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-02-01 11:01:03
Link | Citer | R

Saiya said:
1: Perfectly within his rights to GM. Too many stories about crafters getting greedy because they see that succulent +1, and if it's clearly there in the log something will generally be done.

GREEDY? I'm sorry but crafters spend countless hours, millions of gil leveling to 100 just so we can provide the AH with gears for people to equip on their chars, and it's not all it's cracked up to be in the end money wise for most

Have you ever synthed something high level for some random *** (who probably won't even tip you) And seen something you have spent millions and millions of gil and hundreds of synths hopelessly trying to HQ, and it turns out HQ for some random jackass.

I have, not to say what this dude was right, but in general this is why I DONT SYNTH FOR RANDOM PEOPLE, NEVER, unles its something trivial and low lvl. Or I explain that I will provide them NQ result, unless they pay for HQ price, which usually isn't a problem for most.

Should I have to blow my money synths on some random idiot who /tells me? I dont have to. When it burns my 1/100 shot at a nice chunk of money and i get nothing, thats BS. It may not be right, but it is my very small HQ rate, my very slim chance of popping HQ and i dont wanna burn it off on some random.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-01 11:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Smurfo said:
etc

Might be the first time I've ever agreed with you.

I wouldn't condone going back on your word if you happen to HQ, but the situation is only too real. Non-crafters really don't understand that. I know somebody 0/140+ on Cursed Cap -1. Imagine how much money they've lost trying for that HQ. Imagine how upset they'd be if they made a Cursed Cap for somebody randomly and it ended up HQing?

People should try to see things from both points of view. It sucks he agreed to hand the HQ over and didn't, but you can't blame him for wanting to keep it.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-02-01 11:08:56
Link | Citer | R

yah, currently i'm 0 for 100+ on kaiser shields/body/head/hands, anything tier 0 lol its been a long time since i hit jackpot =( I can only imagine how pissed i'd be if i made a cursed cuirass for someone right now and it popped out a kaiser cuirass 30-50mil lol
 Seraph.Boozer
Serveur: Seraph
user: boozer
By Seraph.Boozer 2009-02-01 14:23:21
Link | Citer | R

Blackmist said:
Neonracer said:
Well I nvr bothered to look but did he already sell it already? the guy who complained some theif stole his stuff? so the Gm did make the other dood cough up his item? ... then he got his item and sold it? that's cold. All this could have been averted, if he just sold and and gave this guy a cut. I'm glad I don't deal with both of these guys.
its in his bazzard selling for 20 mil

lol... thats low.

Now, he is in the right to obtain a nq absolutely. But I disagree with him having rights to the hq. Maybe if he was a buddy or something...but a rare hq like that is deserving to the crafter getting a cut...after all, he IS the one with the skill to achieve the synth. Crafters take huge hits over and over again lvling their crafts and punching out nq's over and over again trying to make an hq.
Now.. I have handed over SH+1 to people in the past because i didnt have a SH to back up the synth...but deep inside you say to yourself "goddamnit". Crafting ain't easy to make a living at these days... to hq that item was a huge ordeal. The crafter definately deserves a piece of the pie.

Worst part of it all... the dude got the item and is selling it for face value now...and its is NOT even his accomplishment. Why should he reap all the benefits? why? because it was his materials? If life was that easy...we would never sell high end synth mats...just look for other people who spent months perfecting there craft to try and hq products for ya and steal the show from them. ***, crafters would just be pawns then.

The dude is lucky he even got the hq after heading straight to the boards here to complain. You don't go looking for a crafter to attempt a synth like that and then sell it...thats a slap in the face. He should just keep it for himself and use it. profits should be split the day its sold.
 Asura.Kyofooyo
Serveur: Asura
user: Kyofooyo
By Asura.Kyofooyo 2009-02-01 15:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Smurfo said:
Saiya said:
1: Perfectly within his rights to GM. Too many stories about crafters getting greedy because they see that succulent +1, and if it's clearly there in the log something will generally be done.
GREEDY? I'm sorry but crafters spend countless hours, millions of gil leveling to 100 just so we can provide the AH with gears for people to equip on their chars, and it's not all it's cracked up to be in the end money wise for most Have you ever synthed something high level for some random *** (who probably won't even tip you) And seen something you have spent millions and millions of gil and hundreds of synths hopelessly trying to HQ, and it turns out HQ for some random jackass. I have, not to say what this dude was right, but in general this is why I DONT SYNTH FOR RANDOM PEOPLE, NEVER, unles its something trivial and low lvl. Or I explain that I will provide them NQ result, unless they pay for HQ price, which usually isn't a problem for most. Should I have to blow my money synths on some random idiot who /tells me? I dont have to. When it burns my 1/100 shot at a nice chunk of money and i get nothing, thats BS. It may not be right, but it is my very small HQ rate, my very slim chance of popping HQ and i dont wanna burn it off on some random.

Yes, I agree that crafters can get greedy. I'm no big crafter myself, but I understand that in many situations, a crafter at 100 can make the money back from crafting the right thigns at the right time. not to mention the HQ's they make along the way. and now you say it's not considered greedy to steal someone's expensive synth mats just because you spent a some gil on leveling up a craft YOU chose to do. i may have misread this somehow, but i don't see how stealing in any way is considered fair.
 Caitsith.Hazou
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Hazou
By Caitsith.Hazou 2009-02-01 15:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Anytime I craft for a random person, I let them know that there is a 10% AH commission for any items of worth. You lose all your credibility if you don't treat it like a business. I fortunately have never ran into any crafters that just thieve HQs, but you should always ask people of reputation and others on how well they know "x" person.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Serveur: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-02-01 15:51:25
Link | Citer | R

Most charge a % if its an HQ Which i think they should. If its an NQ its free to the person.

Stealing it was wrong, no matter how you justify it. With something like that i would have used a guild crystal. Sign it. Let people know your the guy who crafted it. Reputation +10 business +20.
Then suck it up cupcake they weren't your mats.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-01 16:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Smurfo said:
Saiya said:

GREEDY? I'm sorry but crafters spend countless hours, millions of gil leveling to 100 just so we can provide the AH with gears for people to equip on their chars, and it's not all it's cracked up to be in the end money wise for most

Have you ever synthed something high level for some random *** (who probably won't even tip you) And seen something you have spent millions and millions of gil and hundreds of synths hopelessly trying to HQ, and it turns out HQ for some random jackass.

I have, not to say what this dude was right, but in general this is why I DONT SYNTH FOR RANDOM PEOPLE, NEVER, unles its something trivial and low lvl. Or I explain that I will provide them NQ result, unless they pay for HQ price, which usually isn't a problem for most.

Should I have to blow my money synths on some random idiot who /tells me? I dont have to. When it burns my 1/100 shot at a nice chunk of money and i get nothing, thats BS. It may not be right, but it is my very small HQ rate, my very slim chance of popping HQ and i dont wanna burn it off on some random.

The point was the guy just took it, assuming he wouldn't get a tip. As a crafter synthing a high-value item, he was entitled to a cut, agreed. But he should have SPECIFIED IT AS PART OF THE AGREEMENT. It's the thievery (and thus greed) that I object to, you seem to have missed the point of my post.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-02-02 00:55:50
Link | Citer | R

No, i fully understood the point of your post, but i didn't like the part where you made it appear that many crafters are greedy. You said "Crafters being greedy" rather than "whatever this dude's name is" which is a harsh generalization, wether or not you intended it, it is what you did.

If you are sticking to just this dude and his thievery as you claim i could accept that, but when you lump him in as just crafters in general that's an unfair insult to other people who craft, for the most part none of us would do that, me simply because i wont give up an HQ like that - so i dont make them for people unless they fully understand they will get NQ result.

Sure, I can be greedy and i also inflate prices on AH when i can. I spent 3 years of my life as well as enough money to buy a relic getting here though so it's only fair to profit to me. If you spent 100-300mil leveling something with intent of profiting later down the line, and never made money back from it, you'd be a little irate i'm sure.

I think it's far more greedy to just tell people to screw themselves rather than synth for them, but that's fine with me. I'd rather avoid "omfg he made HQ and gave me an NQ" drama BS like this dude's dealing with.

It's also far more greedy to expect that a crafter who just popped out a very rare HQ item for you to just hand it over without giving them any kind of compensation, seeing as it's probably been 100 synths since and until they HQ another one of that item... and most likely they have already lost millions of gil trying for an item of this caliber.

You see the reason I posted what I did is it seems the general consensus of non-crafters regarding crafters is that we can either somehow magically control our HQ rates, we 'know how to hq' or that they grossly over exaggerate our hq rates, or quite simply dont even remotely understand HQ tiers and think that we can simply 1/1 an item over level 96 or with a lvl 60 subcraft at will.

Also that we all have billions of gil and we all are greedy. These things all are so far from the truth, it's like calling Michael Jackson straight, white, normal, and not a pedophile.

Maybe if you worded your post differently i wouldnt have responded, but when you categorize people of course you're going to have people who disagree.

One other thing, those who think reputation is going to affect this guy's business... I seriously doubt people slandering this crafter will hurt his profits in any way, shape or form, you never know when you buy something off AH or from a mules bazaar just who you are buying from, reputation has nothing to do with profiting as a crafter...

Sure, you might get more requests to synth for people but that is NOT = profiting, never, ever, ever have i actually made any reasonable amount of profit on the answering a /sh or /tell requests.

In all reality I find that reputation is more or less negative profits as well as a hassle, I was very well known on my server as a 100 goldsmith, had tons of signed gears all over the place, people would ask me to synth constantly and constantly i would lose out on money due to them getting HQ results and not even tipping.

Then i'd be forced to run an NQ streak at my own loss to make up for their 'luck' (because all it really boils down to in the end is them taking away from my averages) and this happened more often than you would think. When we are talking several mils i've lost for crafting for others, yes i learned from it.

I server transferred and came back with a new name after a few months away, and it's much much more peaceful.

No, i was not sticking up for this guy when I posted what I did, I was sticking up for all crafters in general, since the bolded, quoted part of my first post here clearly stated what another poster had said: "crafters being greedy" I was merely drawn into this conversation when i read that because there is already too much stereotypical *** about people who are a 100 craft.

You can go ahead and implicate other meanings from that as some already did, or you can read it literally, word for word and understand what i was saying.

If you think I was defending the person who stole this +1 item, this here would be defending him:

Honestly, i doubt the credibility of the OP in this situation, I would think most people would GM something like this immediately having it still in their logs if arrangements were made... Rather than flying to a forum to trash the other person.

If you have nothing at all to hide, and are 100% in the right and someone steals something from you that's valuable IRL, why would you hesitate to call the cops? Instead of putting word on the street that they did this and thinking anything is going to change just because you talked ***on them?

When people are going to court on a civil case, it's the burden of the accuser to provide proof that the defendant committed a crime or any wrong doing, simple word of mouth accusations are not enough to validate trashing someone's reputation or expecting any kind of compensation.

I could turn around and say this OP stole a KC from a toon i have on his server and everyone would flock around to believe it because they saw it on the internet, with no screenshots or anything to validate it?

Guess what? So far the OP has provided no factual proof and it's all hearsay so with that I rest my case.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-02 05:05:37
Link | Citer | R

All i can say to that is, you hear lots of stories about crafters stealing an HQ from an expensive synth, thus that is why my post was phrased that way. I 'have' heard too many stories about crafters doing this. Considering the volume of your reply, I can only assume I touched a nerve, sorry.