Returning To Game (DRK Advice Needed)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Returning to Game (DRK advice needed)
Returning to Game (DRK advice needed)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-30 14:35:09
Link | Citer | R

I've been away just about when Abyssea came out. Currently I was taking Dragoon to 80 but I'd also love to focus on DRK.
Pretty much there are some things I would love to know and questions I have to ask.

1)Full Perle is pretty much the best I can do for TP Gain at the moment with no HQ Dusk and Crap (Missing Homam Pants so.. w/e it serves me well)?
2)Which Scythe should I focus on getting, I have Perdu at the moment should I work on Plaga Scythe? The farthest I am in ToM is camping that stupid Funguar in Ordella's Caves.
3)Off Topic Question, whats a good way to make some gil now. The Market seems totally different then it was pre update.

Thanks all.
 Bahamut.Lalo
Serveur: Bahamut
user: lalo
By Bahamut.Lalo 2010-08-30 14:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Bcnms are still a goodway to make an income, also some of the drops in abyssea are easy to get from nm's which can be low manned, plaga is a good scythe and the added affect is nice but in the intance u have a dnc in your party the darkness overwrites the haste samba ;(. Go for the lvl 80 scythe which has sTP I think u can possibly make it into a 5-hit scythe but not sure, perle is good for drk just remember to switch appropriate pieces for ws ^_~
also with enough cruor from abyssea you can purchase the gear and npc hem for a quick buck :)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-30 14:56:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I got my full Perle but the bad thing is I'm lacking Rose Strap so no 5 hit for me :(
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-30 14:57:28
Link | Citer | R

You can do Reckoning, Absolution or the OAT scythe. I wouldn't recommend Ultimatum since it transforms into Redemption and getting those items can be difficult.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-30 14:59:17
Link | Citer | R

Alright thanks guys.
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-08-30 15:02:28
Link | Citer | R

Yes go for Plaga sycthe. It is amazing and the en-dark is 20-24 a hit. The NM that drops it is Megamaw Mikey and is a mega-joke. It would take a bit, but you could even solo it on dark with a bit of time. IF you stand at 22.5 from it, you can nuke it, but it cant nuke you. THAT and the drop rate is incredibly high. I'll take a free 116dmg scythe over killing 300 of this thing while it that weather, then 400 of that thing while its this weather bleh

Full perle is really only best for maybe DRG. It is an awesome set for people who dont have homam n stuff, but its still pretty weak as a set. Stuff like Walmart turban should still stay on. And you are better off with shantotto legs than perle legs. Even the hands are BLEH compared to NQ dusk which are like 15k now.

Basically, if you wore it before, its probably still the best you can do aside from the scythe.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-30 15:06:17
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't do Plaga since it overwrites haste samba and if you want endark, we're getting that in the update. Might be weaker but it's better to be able to have haste samba if you want.

Edit: Plaga is 106, not 116.

Edit 2: Perle > Ebody/turban/homam set even. It's not worse than homam like the above poster said.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-30 15:41:14
Link | Citer | R

What about Perle hands for Guillotine compared to Chaos+1 and Hecatomb?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-30 15:41:44
Link | Citer | R

I would use Chaos+1 or Hecatomb, always.
 Cerberus.Zandra
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-08-30 15:51:36
Link | Citer | R

A few things

1) The standard Zerg set hasn't changed much at all however there is a better back piece and another 90 hp ring to get!!

2) unless you can capitalize on the 5-hit potential of the Askar body and the Reckoning store-tp scythe, the standard turban/homam setup has been over shadowed by the full Perle set.

3) Depending on what your WS set looks like perle can be integrated used for a few different.

4) Nukes are a viable for of dmg now that we have T3 nukes so tweaking/carrying a nuking set (abyss body) is a good idea.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-30 15:53:56
Link | Citer | R

Basically this is what I was using for Guillotine until I can merit scythe.

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-30 15:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Sea gorget, Sword Strap (if 528), Haub+1 and maybe warwolf belt depending on merits and food. You rarely need a lot of accuracy on normal mobs anymore. In Abyssea you don't need too much accuracy either if you eat Pizza.

Edit: Bomblet to Bomb Core when applicable.
[+]
 Asura.Kadoyuu
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2010-08-30 15:56:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I wouldn't do Plaga since it overwrites haste samba and if you want en-dark, we're getting that in the update. Might be weaker but it's better to be able to have haste samba if you want.

Edit 2: Perle > Ebody/turban/homam set even. It's not worse than homam like the above poster said.

Perle set better than Ebody/Turban/Homam? Not even, most people decked out in full Perle generally aren't anywhere near capped on ACC. No matter how much people qq over the homam/perle debate in most situations Homam/attack food will do a better job, but with that said Homam/Perle is situational at best.

Plaga Scythe is decent if you don't want to put in the time for a ToM weapon, but the ToM would help you more over time since they will be augment able to compensate for the level cap increase. as for en-dark... Hopefully it will be decent if not oh well

*as for the haste samba* If you aren't/don't have a TP/haste set .. don't bother (an example would be DD's who have full perle but no swift belt)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-30 16:00:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kadoyuu said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I wouldn't do Plaga since it overwrites haste samba and if you want en-dark, we're getting that in the update. Might be weaker but it's better to be able to have haste samba if you want.

Perle set better than Ebody/Turban/Homam? Not even, most people decked out in full Perle generally aren't anywhere near capped on ACC. No matter how much people qq over the homam/perle debate in most situations Homam/attack food will do a better job, but with that said Homam/Perle is situational at best.

Plaga Scythe is decent if you don't want to put in the time for a ToM weapon, but the ToM would help you more over time since they will be augment able to compensate for the level cap increase. as for en-dark... Hopefully it will be decent if not oh well

*as for the haste samba* If you aren't/don't have a TP/haste set .. don't bother (an example would be DD's who have full perle but no swift belt)

Have you even compared the stats?

Homam/Ebody/Turban: 14 Haste, 10 STR, 10 DEX, 28 ACC, 15 ATT.

Perle: 14 Haste, 22 STR, 14 DEX, 18 ACC, 25 ATT and 2% Crit.

Edit: Perle vs Ebody set is 12 str 4 dex 10 att 2 crit vs 7 acc
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-30 16:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeha I agree Perle would be better looking at older threads. You need dusk gloves+1 for Homam/Turban to win correct? People probably think that since the set is so cheap now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-30 16:09:31
Link | Citer | R

HomamX3 + Turban + Ebody only has +7 more accuracy than Full Perle.

Perle has same haste (+14%), but more attack, crit rate, and STR etc.

Full perle will be better generally. You would need stuff like Dusk gloves +1 and/or the new haste+4 legs etc. for Ebody, turban + homamX3 to be better again, to put it simple.

Full Perle is that good for DRG and DRK TP atm.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-30 16:11:26
Link | Citer | R

Perle is the sex, dont listen to fgts who are butt hurt over homam being out done :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-30 16:13:05
Link | Citer | R

By the way Mankey what ya been up too? I've been busy just training/doing school and ***. I should be enlisting on thursday and shipping Feb 16th. I figure it might be fun to hang around in game a little while I wait.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-30 16:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Yea man I am up for it, I've been trying to enjoy the last bit of summer and was out in Cali for a bit, just hit me up in game, if Gradd is on me, he will let me know and i'll hop on lol
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-30 17:00:44
Link | Citer | R

Burn in a fire Skar! >:(

Askar sucks dont use it! If you do me and Mankey will both prolly chop your balls off X:
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-30 17:58:56
Link | Citer | R

I'd only use Askar body for Diabolic Eye Up With Pizza+1 if acc is capped, blitz ring on, Kbead necklace too. Other then that I don't really use askar body lol. At 78 though Perle Hauberk should be good enough period tbh. The Crit rate should do wonders for DoT even compared to NQ Hauberk.
 Asura.Andradi
Serveur: Asura
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-08-31 07:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Burn in a fire Skar! >:(

Askar sucks dont use it! If you do me and Mankey will both prolly chop your balls off X:

Did askar murder your parents or something?

The only meaningful difference between Aurum (which you appear to use)and Askar if one requires a STP body is 6 acc (2 store TP might be a factor? It seems unlikely in most situations). 6 acc is twaddle these days.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-08-31 09:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Yeah I got my full Perle but the bad thing is I'm lacking Rose Strap so no 5 hit for me :(
sub samurai and get a ton of store tp gear :D
like....
reckoning, aurum body, hoard ring, rajas ring, brutal earring :o and put haste where needed