Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-29 13:12:22
Link | Citer | R

The MNK's name is Xsoldierx.
[+]
By ddbone 2010-09-03 10:15:02
Link | Citer | R

Just a word of warning, I did 400 wamouras on BLU and the spikes are not typical spikes they do like 50 dmg each, add in you'll be off handing a OAT weapon so you have the potential to have 150-200 per attack round when spikes are up.

Secondly their DEF goes way up when the curl up (basically anytime they take dmg) however their magic def goes down so that is a potentially (expensive) way for nin to solo, turn and ele wheel when they spike up.

Otherwise they are easy, on my BLU with a full fastcast build and haste I could solo using Ichi only np.

On topic:

I'm currently working on acc/DEX eva/AGI katanas and will work on OA2-3 as well.
By ddbone 2010-09-03 10:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for dbl post, not sure how to edit on here.

What the previous poster said was bang on. Go there (Mt.Z) on Fireday and you'll likely get a lot of help. I had some pt's of 18. Sometimes like 1/2 of those ppl will stay beyond Fireday once they see there is a few other ppl staying as well.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-03 14:54:31
Link | Citer | R

If anyone on carby feel like killing bombs...

well. 290 to go. Send a /tell lol
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-05 10:50:31
Link | Citer | R

Vermin killer - Good place : attohwa chasm

scorpions, antlions, flies.

Anyone wanna come kill ***with me!? :D
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-05 14:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Soo, has anyone paid someone to do the killings for them?

I would easily pay someone 1k per kill for abother 400 vermin mobs <.<

Not to speak of when its time for the wamouras ><
 Shiva.Superdan
Serveur: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-05 14:27:56
Link | Citer | R

As soon as I can actually get a pt.. (Real real real slow invites.. and when I do get invites, I get pt's of 4 tanks and 2 healers -_-) I plan to take NIN up to 80.. Just wondering if you guys would have advise on solo Katana's? I'm guessing Eva/agi ones.. But would one agi, one dex be better since I dont have slots for katana merits?

Also if you're looking for help on vermin, I suggest going out on certain days of the week. I know for the STR sword you get groups turning up to kill 200 vermin on firesdays, i'm presuming this is true for other weapons / days too.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-05 14:41:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Superdan said:
As soon as I can actually get a pt.. (Real real real slow invites.. and when I do get invites, I get pt's of 4 tanks and 2 healers -_-) I plan to take NIN up to 80.. Just wondering if you guys would have advise on solo Katana's? I'm guessing Eva/agi ones.. But would one agi, one dex be better since I dont have slots for katana merits?

Also if you're looking for help on vermin, I suggest going out on certain days of the week. I know for the STR sword you get groups turning up to kill 200 vermin on firesdays, i'm presuming this is true for other weapons / days too.

Guess it depends on what you plan on soloing? If you're just looking to solo EP-T mobs I guess you dont need acc/eva that badly. Cant really tell you though, I'm not much of a solo'er when it comes to NIN.

As for when it comes to teaming up with people for ToM, I guess I must have been extremely unlucky, because no one ever kill the ***I have to kill.

So far I have solo'd the NM in palbourogh mine 3 times, lumbering lambert 3 times, deadly dodo 3 times, 300 (or 400) birds, 400 clusters and now working on 500 vermins ><

And this is just for my offand katana.

Luckily I did most of my mozu when it was all new and everyone and their brother did VNM's for that, only really had problems to find ppl for tammuz, which we ended up lowmanning eventually.
 Shiva.Superdan
Serveur: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-05 14:56:23
Link | Citer | R

I was levelling my NIN up to solo / lowman NMs & lower end HNMs and whatever, plus I just find the job so damn fun, but I've pretty much solo'd to 65 so far which makes motivating myself to xp it quite difficult D:

I was extremely late to the party when it came to ToM because I was just too lazy.. I've only really started working on stuff since this level cap update. but so far I've completed a polearm, down to last 2 trials of 2 elemental swords & doing a couple blm staves.. /sigh so much work. However, I've almost always found people to team up with on the bigger trials by going during EST or JP prime time.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-05 15:14:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Superdan said:
I was levelling my NIN up to solo / lowman NMs & lower end HNMs and whatever, plus I just find the job so damn fun, but I've pretty much solo'd to 65 so far which makes motivating myself to xp it quite difficult D:

I was extremely late to the party when it came to ToM because I was just too lazy.. I've only really started working on stuff since this level cap update. but so far I've completed a polearm, down to last 2 trials of 2 elemental swords & doing a couple blm staves.. /sigh so much work. However, I've almost always found people to team up with on the bigger trials by going during EST or JP prime time.

You've been doing polearm and swords, which I believe is a lot more common weapons to upgrade than katana.

I see all kinds of people doing great katana, polearm, great axe, different staffs, swords etc all the time, but only a very few people going for katana. Atleast on the playtime I have. And 99% of the time the few people who is doing katana is either behind me or ahead of me in the trial, or simply doing a different trial.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-05 20:33:27
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
cgs

what u need is latheine(A) party @ birds/bats XD
need to start me some katanas

thinking dex/oa2-3 should be decent for not that used much NIN
since i have 0 katana merits, just a torque but pretty sure my PCC wins out on it

I started the OA 2-3 times katana yesterday, and I'm already past the first 3 NM's ^^

Now all I have to do is mindlessly whacking away of defenceless mobs. Til I get to the wamouras that is, kind of wonder if I can solo those as nin/dnc efficiently :/

i'm soloing the wamoruas right now

at the rate i'm killing them, i'll probably still be on them by the time you get to them ><

it is miserable going
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-06 10:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Heh, you can always slow down a bit and wait on me. or better yet, kill my stuff with me! lol
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-21 12:50:01
Link | Citer | R

I recently got ninja to 77 and I was wondering which ToM katanas you all would recommend? I like to spam my elemental wheel so someone on my server suggested the INT katana and a OAT katana but I am not sure :< Which is a better combination? Or forgo the INT katana and go with an eva or dex one for accuracy :O So many choices :<

thanks for the help :D
 Carbuncle.Lileana
user: Sumiyaka
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-09-21 16:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
I recently got ninja to 77 and I was wondering which ToM katanas you all would recommend? I like to spam my elemental wheel so someone on my server suggested the INT katana and a OAT katana but I am not sure :< Which is a better combination? Or forgo the INT katana and go with an eva or dex one for accuracy :O So many choices :< thanks for the help :D

Would depend on playstyle and what you use nin for.

Main hand
Kannagi: Strongest.
Tobi +1: If don't want to go for Empyrean.
Str: If unable to get Kannagi/Tobi will put out most dmg.
Dex: If you doing things you need Acc.
Int: for things you only use elemental Wheel.
Eva: for solo/when needed.

Edit: Forgot Uzura is pretty decent for main hand if you don't want to do Kan/Tobi/Str.

Off hand
OAT: for quick TP if you wish.
STR: for Pure dmg if you don't need acc.
Dex: for Acc if you need.
Int: for things you only use elemental Wheel.
Eva: for solo/when needed.

Lots of choices just depends on what you can actaully finish and how much you willing to put in to it. Myself I'm doing Str for Main hand and Dex for off hand. Then doing Eva x2 Intx2 later.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-21 16:31:50
Link | Citer | R

Thanks , its not that I am afraid of putting alot into it, most things I do now are solo anyways, with no events really doing staff ToM and the occasional quests in Abssyea /shakes fist stupid rdm af eludes me still

Just curious on which are the two most widely utilized as I have many jobs and I am not a ninja main so limited space is a factor :<
 Carbuncle.Lileana
user: Sumiyaka
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-09-21 16:39:16
Link | Citer | R

I See most using Uzura/Dex for main and Oat/Dex for off. Uzura and Dex are pretty easy to finish to. Oat not to sure how hard it is to get
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-21 16:42:16
Link | Citer | R

I know on this server not many do walk of echoes and with tomorrows release :X idk how possible it would be to get the OAT katana

Will look up the katanas you recommended though, thanks!
 Asura.Hyden
Serveur: Asura
user: Hyden
By Asura.Hyden 2010-10-11 22:43:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm almost done w/ my WSdmg+ Uzura+1 and have been working towards my Tobi+1 and have been debating.

Does the WSdmg+ from Uzura work in the off-hand? The sTP Uzura works in the off-hand so didn't really see why the WSdmg+ wouldn't I guess
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-10-11 23:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hyden said:
I'm almost done w/ my WSdmg+ Uzura+1 and have been working towards my Tobi+1 and have been debating.

Does the WSdmg+ from Uzura work in the off-hand? The sTP Uzura works in the off-hand so didn't really see why the WSdmg+ wouldn't I guess

ws+10% works in main hand only, this is because of how the stat procs. When you use a weaponskill, the actual base damage of the weapon itself increases by 10%. So if the weapon is in the offhand, it obviously wont increase the primary WS damage (although I suppose the extra hit from dual wield would still get the +10%).
 Ramuh.Aramachus
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Aramachus
By Ramuh.Aramachus 2010-10-12 00:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Im more of a solo/duo nin player, the katanas Im doing is
store tp uzura for main hand, OAT 2-3 for offhand, that is kinda the setup for maximum damage/maximum tp gain for nin/dnc.
at the same time working on 2 eva katanas for the big NMs you need every piece of eva you can get. there are lots of stages where you can combine trials, either the 2 eva katanas (50 monsters during weather, 50 lizards during weather or 200 diremite on wind, 200 vermin on wind...) or just with one of the others, being at the vermin stage of the oat katana too and ironically with the uzura aswell, I have 4 katanas with me now that I can use when going to aydeewa for the diremites.
As for a mainly event playing ninja, since eva sets arent of much use since you wont hold hate there, the eva katanas themselves dont have that much use so if you dont plan to take down hard NMs solo/duo but play a lot events probably acc or att katanas make more sense.
the oat katanas are awesome for anything offhand, just those have the worst trials imaginable, huge loads of monsters that take ages to complete.
The uzura is easy to complete if you just go along with it while you do other katana trials or whatever. At the vermin stage (4th stage) the uzura already has more damage than fudo had and the trial is -any- weaponskill on vermin so Ill mainhand that katana for everything Im doing and if it happens to be a vermin, the blade:jin will give a credit towards the trial until Im done. Grinding through the 800 ws is just too much if I can aswell get it along just playing and doing other things.
For a pure damage nin Im not sure if the store tp katana or the ws damage uzura will give the higher damage output, if the store tp katana will put you at least 9/10 hits faster to a ws, you got the 10% increased damage already so keep that in mind. on some thread I read about scythes and the store tp scythe can make your 6 hit a 5 hit build and so result in a 20% damage increase which is clearly better than the 10% damage increase from the ws scythe. sure katana got lower delay so the difference is not that big but, would be nice if someone could calculate that, Im not getting the whole stp calculation yet, too much reduction here increase there... >_>
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-12 07:34:39
Link | Citer | R

If you're going for top damage i think the OAT Enchu off hand or Kalamari path one main hand are you best bet combined with Uzura or fire path Sekka in the other hand. Unless you do WoE for Tobi or feel like spamming the NM for Kannagi item that is, if you do then one of those two is your best bet.

OA2-3 katana is sexy and all but unless you solo/duo alot useing /dnc like the above post (or like me) it's not as good for you. Other two paths should put out more damage but whats really good about the 2-3 hit is its drain samba epicness (seriusly up to 40+hp back a round is hot with how fast your rounds go).

Evasion Sekkas are really nice if you have an evasion set to go with them, slap on kurayami, yonin and blade kamu and you can lol at some of the hundred fists mobs as they try to hit you.

Not to derail but to the comment about not tanking during events, baring HNMs you should be able to hold hate through straight up damage and a voke at the start and maybe part way through.