New Spells

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » new spells
new spells
By morph1 2010-08-27 04:56:38
Link | Citer | R

got this from the official site apparently se thinks that regen3 is addendum black haha emergency edit inc!!!

More jobs will be able to learn the following spells:

- White Magic
Regen III: SCH Lv.83 (Addendum: Black)<<<<<<<<<<<<< lol

- Black Magic
Aero III: DRK Lv.84
Aero IV: RDM Lv.83
Water V: SCH Lv.83 (Addendum: Black)
Aspir II: BLM Lv.83
[+]
 Fairy.Yunachan
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Yunachan
By Fairy.Yunachan 2010-08-27 05:54:18
Link | Citer | R

I would add also Animus Augeo / Animus Minuo....

Could they be spells enmity related?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-27 05:54:42
Link | Citer | R

There is a thread about this on the main page.
 Valefor.Yunon
Serveur: Valefor
user: yunonx
By Valefor.Yunon 2010-08-27 06:34:34
Link | Citer | R

My faithful translation website translates these to;

Animus Minuo = Courage to lessen
Animus Augeo = Courage to increase.

So yeah.
Enmity spells right there, I'd say.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-27 06:57:56
Link | Citer | R

I doubt I'll still be playing, since the Open Beta for FFXIV starts on August 31st. But if I am, I'm really looking forward to the Enmity spells on Scholar, finally giving them a truly unique role in a group, instead of just filling in the gaps.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-08-27 11:48:18
Link | Citer | R

this is crazy they actually added incredibly useful spells for sch, and regen 3? sch will obviously get cure5 and raise3 later on:) i feel sorry for whms
[+]
 Titan.Jullias
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Jullias 2010-08-27 13:42:59
Link | Citer | R

I do too, that enmity spell by it self is enough. Man that would make it enough to cancel out whm in parties and who needs cure v now when rapture pretty much does the same. I know it's not the same but it's good enough for now!
Kind of interested to see what else we get in the coming updates
The -ja set of spells makes me wonder though, old ff patterns showed that blm after a hill stopped getting Tier spells and started getting more unique spells so let hope sch get more then tier spells;(
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-28 04:01:03
Link | Citer | R

Don't hold your breath quite yet. Bard has had enmity songs for a long time (the merited ones) but no one ever uses them. Yeah, it's a bit different since you can only have two songs on as opposed to a completely separate buff like these will probably be... but I'm still skeptical. I feel like it won't change the job a whole much. Personally, I don't like how the job is shifting more into the light arts/support/healer realm. We need a magic attack version of Klimaform or something to balance it out. (That'll sure make the BLMs whine.)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sotek
Serveur: Asura
user: Otek
By Asura.Sotek 2010-08-28 14:49:06
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't expect too much from these. No doubt SE thinks they should be self target spells like Klimaform. Yeah you can Accession it, but do you really want to?

I'll cringe if they're just +/-X Enmity buffs.
Hopefully they turn out to work like High Jump. Casting +/-50% hate on someone would be useful. Though I still don't see much reason to use Libra. Really wish they're rework that to open a window with the full Alliances hate % that self updates for the duration (maybe 30 seconds or something?). I hate how it works currently, very easy to miss the information it gives in the chat log, even with most filters up.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-28 14:53:20
Link | Citer | R

yes the Animo IS emnity only..

more emnity
less emnity is pretty much the exact translation

makes those that go "whats the point in libra if u cant do anything with that knowledge!" ;) now u know
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-08-28 14:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sotek said:
I wouldn't expect too much from these. No doubt SE thinks they should be self target spells like Klimaform. Yeah you can Accession it, but do you really want to?

I'll cringe if they're just +/-X Enmity buffs.
Hopefully they turn out to work like High Jump. Casting +/-50% hate on someone would be useful. Though I still don't see much reason to use Libra. Really wish they're rework that to open a window with the full Alliances hate % that self updates for the duration (maybe 30 seconds or something?). I hate how it works currently, very easy to miss the information it gives in the chat log, even with most filters up.
The chance to work like high jump on a spell is just about zero and if it was like that, you would cast it on the mob and it would only affect you. -enm and +enm would be useful if you use them correctly. Aoe'ing a -enm on to a blm pt would be pretty damn nice in longer fights. With all the hate reset moves mobs keep getting a combo of these two spells would be effective in situations where you really need hate to be solidly on the tanks. +enm would help plds get hate back after a reset. I'd sure as hell like this on lacovie with the method we use.
 Asura.Sotek
By Asura.Sotek 2010-08-28 15:05:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rinkydink said:
makes those that go "whats the point in libra if u cant do anything with that knowledge!" ;) now u know

Would have been nice to get these with Libra, as it is it's like getting Addendum and then no spells for it for 5 more levels, seems wasteful, imagine what SCH could get this update if we got these last update like we should have.

Though Libra did have its uses by its self. Only use I found though was anything you don't straight tank, helps keep track of who's kiting currently. And even that's not really hard to tell anyway.
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
The chance to work like high jump on a spell is just about zero and if it was like that, you would cast it on the mob and it would only affect you. -enm and +enm would be useful if you use them correctly. Aoe'ing a -enm on to a blm pt would be pretty damn nice in longer fights. With all the hate reset moves mobs keep getting a combo of these two spells would be effective in situations where you really need hate to be solidly on the tanks. +enm would help plds get hate back after a reset. I'd sure as hell like this on lacovie with the method we use.

How would having it act like High Jump restrict it in anyway? I think you're taking my example a little to literally.
You cast the + version on someone at their current hate doubles (pretty useless for tanks though tbh).
You cast the - version on someone and their current hate halves.

Having just a simple +/-X Enmity boost would just be lame. That doesn't affect your current hate, it affects your hate gain. Yes it would be somewhat useful, but it doesn't direct the flow of battle, it will just mean tanks lose hate slower. I'd rather (if I wanted to go all out with this) out right prevent them losing hate by spamming Libra and keeping everyone else low on the hate list.

Edit: Oh and I completely forgot. Increase the bloody range on Libra. Having it halfway between out of AoE range and right next to the bloody thing is just stupid.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-08-28 15:16:16
Link | Citer | R

I'd like it to be that way but I'm not expecting it to be "That" good.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-08-29 17:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sotek said:
You cast the + version on someone at their current hate doubles (pretty useless for tanks though tbh).
Is that some kind of a joke? That sounds incredibly useful to me. The more quickly a tank can get some solid enmity, the quicker BLMs can start nuking, thusly shortening the length of a battle. For something like Omega it could certainly mean the difference between as much as two more pod ejections (maybe more?). Hell, a BLU tank with diffusion could arrive at the CE cap almost instantly. I mean sure, once you hit the cap it's not helping your tanks at all, but still, I wouldn't say it is even close to "useless."
 Asura.Sotek
By Asura.Sotek 2010-08-30 21:07:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, pretty useless. It helps the tank gain hate, not hold it. In fact I don't think there's any way to help a tank hold hate other than reducing others enmity. If it can direct the mob back at the tank should he lose hate at any point it would be a bit more useful, but if you can prevent that from even happening with the other spell... Yeah...
Or maybe I'm just underestimating how long it takes the tank to cap CE, ideally you'd want to use it when they're half way to the cap. A buff that simply doubles the enmity gain of everything the target does would certainly be more useful for that, though.

Also, how do you manage to not farm all pods at Proto-Omega? I've never once seen or heard of anyone timing out to it... Takes 10 minutes tops to get it low and wait for pods.
 Caitsith.Judaine
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-08-30 21:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Jullias said:
I do too, that enmity spell by it self is enough. Man that would make it enough to cancel out whm in parties and who needs cure v now when rapture pretty much does the same. I know it's not the same but it's good enough for now!
Kind of interested to see what else we get in the coming updates
The -ja set of spells makes me wonder though, old ff patterns showed that blm after a hill stopped getting Tier spells and started getting more unique spells so let hope sch get more then tier spells;(

/sigh, yet another SCH trying to be a mage it's not.

Cure 4 Gives MORE hate than Cure 5, that being said, Rapture adds 50% potency to Cure 4 making it close to (for the average SCH), about 675 HP cured, while Cure 5 from MY whm does upwards 850+ hp, AND doesn't take as much enmity.
Oh, and WHM get's probably the MOST -ENM gear out of any other job, so having a SCH main heal @ endgame and parties vs. WHM = not a good idea. Although, I'd pick a SCH over RDM for main healing, just because SCH is more versatile and they both only get up to Cure 4 so far, so one doesn't have a higher tier cure over the other.

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-08-31 02:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Whether you think it's there to replace jobs or not, the fact is that it happens. It's true that SE intended for SCH to be a versatile and strategic job but a lot of party setups force SCH to play a very specific role as either a healer or a nuker, as a BLM or WHM replacement. That's not really the fault of the person playing the job, though.

Edit: Also, in my opinion it's completely the person playing the job more than the job itself that determines whether it's capable of replacing another. An exceptional SCH is very capable of replacing and performing much better than a mediocre WHM. It could even replace an exceptional WHM in some situations since let's face it, WHM isn't necessarily always the most ideal healer...every job has its weaknesses.

I'm not saying that SCH's role is to replace other jobs, I'm just saying that it can be done and often is.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-31 02:10:44
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Oh, and WHM get's probably the MOST -ENM gear out of any other job, so having a SCH main heal @ endgame and parties vs. WHM = not a good idea. Although,
I wouldn't count that as one of the reason. Both jobs can cap -emnity from gear. But only sch can go past that

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-08-31 02:42:03
Link | Citer | R

Is that now just a SCH thread?