Anyone Still Play C&C: Generals?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Anyone still play C&C: Generals?
Anyone still play C&C: Generals?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-26 14:37:56
Link | Citer | R

Anyone still play this / wanna challenge me in this game?
 Sylph.Cohan
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-08-26 15:57:07
Link | Citer | R

I have both Generals and Zero Hour of this game lol
but i dont get out of school till 7pm CST
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-26 20:22:45
Link | Citer | R

word, you any good?
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-08-26 20:23:18
Link | Citer | R

I keep waiting for the mod that includes navies
By Zekko 2010-08-26 20:43:01
Link | Citer | R

Not generals but i do play Tiberian Wars lots. C&C3 series = *** yeah!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-08-26 20:55:09
Link | Citer | R

I have the entire Command and Conquer collection..

The only mode I've ever been decent at online is no WMD and no rush 10 mins.

I haven't played in a long time, but I could be persuaded to fire it up (not tonight, been in Abyssea PT, and still am for like 7 hours now, and going to bed soon)

If you're playing it for more then just tonight, send me a PM and I'll reply when I get it set up and I'll give it a go... Take it easy on me though, I haven't played in at least a couple of years.
 Valefor.Minature
Serveur: Valefor
user: minature
By Valefor.Minature 2010-08-26 21:28:21
Link | Citer | R

I was the #1 ranked player in Red Alert 2 for several months.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [135 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-08 13:08:37
Link | Citer | R

My offer still stands, we should get an epic battle going on, I got Zero hour now too.

Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-08 13:19:04
Link | Citer | R

I don't want to battle as I suck *** at RTS (outside of RA2 where I absolutely kicked ***)

Favourite general was Chinese infantry general.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-08 13:47:40
Link | Citer | R

I got RA2 installed too, haven't played it in months though.

I rape the computer with USA Air force General.

Although tbh in the original version when I would play as the USA I wouldn't build any tanks, as it was unfair advantage towards a brutal enemy, lol.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-08 14:08:10
Link | Citer | R

I used to be pretty pro with the Laser General in USA. 1 Laser Turret near the supply depot would automatically win the game against any other USA opponent, since they always picked the Airforce guy and did a Chinook-Rocket rush. Afterwards they had no cash to defend against my 3 marines and 1 Laser tank. Laser general was pretty good against the other "Abused" one too, the Chinese Infantry General, since the Laser based weapons fared much better against infantry than standard.

Every dude who played GLA was Dr. Thrax though, I always wondered why, he really sucks.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-08 14:14:32
Link | Citer | R

I remember old school red alert retaliation days on PS1 with dual link and 2 TV's. Me and my friend would give eachother exactly 60 minutes to do/build/prepare however we wanted on our own sides of the map... wasn't allowed to go past the half way point.

Epic 2-3 hour long battles that way lol.

I hate straight zergs and 20 minute games... defeats the purpose for me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-08 14:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:

That's why I hate RTS's most of the time. Supreme commander was epic if you built a force up first, same as Stronghold.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-08 14:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Zerging/rushing in RTS just *** ruins it completely.

Seriously i wish i could have recorded games back then... 2-3 hours of non-stop trying to break through lines/defenses and coming up with ideas all while defending your own ***on a massive scale is beyond fun and epic.

I even did some fun things with gameshark where each of us would get 1 and only 1 super Tanya that could basically 1 shot any unit or building... and if that tanya died you auto-lost lol. Protect the president kinda deal lol.

God that ***was so fun.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-08 14:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Zerging/rushing in RTS just *** ruins it completely.

Seriously i wish i could have recorded games back then... 2-3 hours of non-stop trying to break through lines/defenses and coming up with ideas all while defending your own ***on a massive scale is beyond fun and epic.

I even did some fun things with gameshark where each of us would get 1 and only 1 super Tanya that could basically 1 shot any unit or building... and if that tanya died you auto-lost lol. Protect the president kinda deal lol.

God that ***was so fun.

I loved doing stuff like that too. That's why I like playing with friends over randomers on the internet.

One of the reasons I loved the Advanced wars series was the fact that Zerging was near impossible too.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-08 14:47:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

That's why I hate RTS's most of the time. Supreme commander was epic if you built a force up first, same as Stronghold.
Same here that's why I hate using their online play.

I think my record is around 40-160 lol.

I know my win % is just around 25%
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-01-08 15:06:06
Link | Citer | R

What's cool is that Westwood (I guess EA now) has made all the old classics from the 90s freeware and available for download.

http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic

EDIT: With patches even so they can run on XP (win 7 probably)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-01-08 15:11:44
Link | Citer | R

havnt played in a while, good games/series tho
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-01-08 15:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
I remember old school red alert retaliation days on PS1 with dual link and 2 TV's. Me and my friend would give eachother exactly 60 minutes to do/build/prepare however we wanted on our own sides of the map... wasn't allowed to go past the half way point. Epic 2-3 hour long battles that way lol. I hate straight zergs and 20 minute games... defeats the purpose for me.

yea i remember doing that to, didnt give each other any time tho. but was still a lot of fun!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-08 15:17:16
Link | Citer | R

Glad to see I'm not the only person that hates Rush tactics. I mean, they're not bad, but players use them as the "All or nothing" Card, since any time a rush fails, the dude will ragequit out. I mean seriously 100% of the time.

I was 31/8 on Generals before I got sick of the same damn Chinook rushes.

If you want a good RTS that can last for hours (Or even days) I'd suggest Sins of a Solar Empire. It has a light Empire-building mechanic, but at it's core it's a fast paced RTS Through and Through, and surprisingly well balanced. You need a Hefty PC to run larger Galactic battles (Of 5 Star systems or more, the largest I've heard of was a 16 Star galactic battle, it's still ongoing as far as I know last time I checked Stardoc forums, little over 2 months now, but you can save Multiplayer games and rehost them)

With the Entrenchment Expansion, which included Starbases, the game duration really skyrocketed, but huge maps need to be very well-made or it can become virtually impossible for anyone to win because of the sheer scope of the game.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-08 15:27:24
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Glad to see I'm not the only person that hates Rush tactics. I mean, they're not bad, but players use them as the "All or nothing" Card, since any time a rush fails, the dude will ragequit out. I mean seriously 100% of the time.

I was 31/8 on Generals before I got sick of the same damn Chinook rushes.

If you want a good RTS that can last for hours (Or even days) I'd suggest Sins of a Solar Empire. It has a light Empire-building mechanic, but at it's core it's a fast paced RTS Through and Through, and surprisingly well balanced. You need a Hefty PC to run larger Galactic battles (Of 5 Star systems or more, the largest I've heard of was a 16 Star galactic battle, it's still ongoing as far as I know last time I checked Stardoc forums, little over 2 months now, but you can save Multiplayer games and rehost them)

With the Entrenchment Expansion, which included Starbases, the game duration really skyrocketed, but huge maps need to be very well-made or it can become virtually impossible for anyone to win because of the sheer scope of the game.

I'm a big fan of Sins, I played it a ton way back when. I've had matches lasting literally days before.

Oh man I need to get back into that.