Updated Sch Gear.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Updated sch gear.
Updated sch gear.
 Cerberus.Excelior
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-24 22:40:51
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have an impressive SCH nuking set since the new update? I'm a bit lost on what all new gear has been released for sch and what is now obsolete.
[+]
 Hades.Triet
Serveur: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-08-24 22:55:53
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't mind seeing some either. Though ya can probably just browse this and just add stuff to a newer item set. I might mess around with that later :3
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-24 23:01:35
Link | Citer | R

Well depending on what you are fighting you should be able to gear in alot more dmg so things like af body are now less useful. But yeah like triet said use the new items list then maybe look up which is acheivable to you.

Like the 10MAB might be out of your reach
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-08-24 23:16:56
Link | Citer | R

INT+33
MAB+29
ENM+11
Magic Crit. rate +5%

Obviously I didn't take ENM+ into consideration, but some of those pieces can be interchangeable with older gear (Moldy/Novio, etc.) or can be swapped with different pieces from the newer items.

P.S. I want those fkin feet.
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-08-24 23:31:56
Link | Citer | R

Teal body or Yhel
Teal Legs
Teal head (if you have the room)
Witchstone ammo

Aquilo's ring is better then snow or the other +5
Zodiac ring is a sweet boost if you favor weather/day nuking.

Aquilo's earrings for helices too.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-24 23:32:22
Link | Citer | R

As far as triet's set goes... depending on moonphase and if it procs obviously ugg will still be better.

5MAB gloves will probably be better.

Obviously novio/moldy for earrings. Or just the 5mab/macc set. Or 5mab and the int ones whatever.

And I think sch can wear the 7 int sash. If not relic might be better not sure.

Also there is a 1int+fastcast grip which is nice.

And there is always the other 6int ring with 1MAB. Also good demon rings coming out of abyssea.

That would be probably the best you can do. Obviously there will be some peices you might have to sidegrade and such
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-08-25 18:14:12
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Triet said:

INT+33
MAB+29
ENM+11
Magic Crit. rate +5%

Obviously I didn't take ENM+ into consideration, but some of those pieces can be interchangeable with older gear (Moldy/Novio, etc.) or can be swapped with different pieces from the newer items.

P.S. I want those fkin feet.
elemental obis will be always the best for sch
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-08-25 18:20:55
Link | Citer | R

not a bad setup but is this a realistic set for an average SCH to obtain? Not likely.
 Asura.Myrrh
Serveur: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2010-08-25 18:30:49
Link | Citer | R

Teal is obsolete. ..yet it will never not be used. Cheap, easy to obtain. Should just be renamed: "Basic level 80 mage gear."

You know... how AF used to be.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-08-26 00:41:07
Link | Citer | R

wasn't really trying to build a set just, trying to put in all the new items that SCH was able to use. Sure I left a couple pieces out like the subligar with MAB+4 and what not.

I was looking for that SCH JSE piece, but I couldn't find it on that list for some reason.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-08-26 01:01:42
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Triet said:
wasn't really trying to build a set just, trying to put in all the new items that SCH was able to use. Sure I left a couple pieces out like the subligar with MAB+4 and what not.

I was looking for that SCH JSE piece, but I couldn't find it on that list for some reason.

Just curious as to how realistic some of these items are for the avg sch to obtain =/ I think a realistic set vs a dream set / drool set would be nice to see :D
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-08-26 01:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Hades.Triet said:

Just curious as to how realistic some of these items are for the avg sch to obtain =/ I think a realistic set vs a dream set / drool set would be nice to see :D
Me too. But I bet it'll get ALOT easier when Lv99 is released.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-08-26 02:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Elemental obis obviously are not "always best for SCH" unless you are actually going to change weather every single time you cast a different element. Also yeah...Moldy and Novio for nuking, lose the Aquilo's Earrings. >_>
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-26 03:26:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Myrrh said:
Teal is obsolete. ..yet it will never not be used. Cheap, easy to obtain. Should just be renamed: "Basic level 80 mage gear."

What is so horrible about nuking in Teal Set, if you can't get Yhel Jacket? I use 3/5 Teal for my sch (head/body/legs) when I dont need the massive magic acc from AF body. Legs I think are better than Mahat, because of the extra MAB/M.Acc cuz sch does seem to lack that a lil, and its only sacrificing 3 int... Am I doin it wrong?

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-26 03:31:13
Link | Citer | R

thats not the definition of "obsolete" though Catastrophe... :(. Am I doin it wrong? Should I post my specific gear set?

Edit: Might as well post it now lol....
Weapon/Grip: had HQ staves but sold cuz of update and price plummet lol...I use NQ staves til my ToM ones are done with Wise Grip
Ammo: Sturms report
Head: Teal hat
Neck: Ele torque
Earrings: Moldy + Loq
Body: Teal if I dont need m.acc from AF body
Hands: Yigit
Rings: 2x Snow
Back: lulz Rainbow Cape
Waist: Obis (have Thunder/Ice/Light/Dark) I usually storm before I nuke with thunder or ice
Legs: Teal
Feet: Yigit

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-08-26 08:56:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Myrrh said:

just fyi teal body out dd hq weskit and teal legs are better than mahatma slops for nuking, on top of that it haves magic acc, it's not obsolete, until blm/sch/rdm get better gear on later lvl caps
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-26 09:04:44
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Asura.Myrrh said:
Teal is obsolete. ..yet it will never not be used. Cheap, easy to obtain. Should just be renamed: "Basic level 80 mage gear." You know... how AF used to be.
just fyi teal body out dd hq weskit and teal legs are better than mahatma slops for nuking, on top of that it haves magic acc, it's not obsolete, until blm/sch/rdm get better gear on later lvl caps
I wouldn't say obsolete but blm does have better options.

And HQ weskit is more on par with teal body. In that it will do more for T4 less for AM2 and about the same for Stone V and more on water V somewhat depending on gear. And assuming you haven't augmented it. Like if you don't have ALOT of MAB gear it will probalby win on stone V too
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-26 09:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Asura.Myrrh said:

Genie actually has a small edge over teal on higher tier nukes, I think an augmented NQ does too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-26 09:09:26
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Asura.Myrrh said:

Genie actually has a small edge over teal on higher tier nukes, I think an augmented NQ does too.

I still use my NQ weskit with +3 int on it, seems to do around the same as teal
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-26 16:42:00
Link | Citer | R

SCH thread says hi lol... We're comparing this stuff for sch, not blm, ya? Is my set atleast decent for sch? (I have to admit I do try to make it a decent set, but I'm mostly a level 80 DD (of my 6 80 jobs (well drg is 79) 5 of them are DD lol)... Any suggestions?
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-26 16:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
SCH thread says hi lol... We're comparing this stuff for sch, not blm, ya? Is my set atleast decent for sch? (I have to admit I do try to make it a decent set, but I'm mostly a level 80 DD (of my 6 80 jobs (well drg is 79) 5 of them are DD lol)... Any suggestions?

yeh but barone legs are still good for jump mkayy?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-26 16:47:05
Link | Citer | R

what? lol I was talkin about my sch set I posted..and yes I do macro those for jumps... super derail...ftw? lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-26 16:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Hey the sch started the derailment! He even mentioned rdm nuking!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-26 16:54:21
Link | Citer | R

lol
 Shiva.Kollosis
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2010-08-31 13:05:41
Link | Citer | R

I use teal body/legs nuking low resist mobs... i just really hope we get something other than teal to nuke in ; ; im tired of the models already :/ almost have my Yhel jacket tho so ill be happy for that ^^

as for the "new gear" listed above im kinda disappointed in it >< the only new gear i use is Witchstone, Pedant cape, and Cognition belt. i still rock my moldy/novio and prob always will.. Aquilo's rings ftw too, screw their earring counterparts.. for the exception of helices xD