Why Do My Weapon Skills Suck?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Why do my weapon skills suck?
Why do my weapon skills suck?
First Page 2
By Devaraja 2010-08-18 12:31:29
Link | Citer | R

My weapon skills don't seem to do as much as other Warrior's out there, not really sure why... What am I doing wrong?

Raging Rush: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/174144

Steel Cyclone: http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=174145
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-18 12:37:05
Link | Citer | R

You are asking for a lot of trouble with a title like this..
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 12:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Devaraja said:
My weapon skills don't seem to do as much as other Warrior's out there, not really sure why... What am I doing wrong?

Raging Rush:

Steel Cyclone: http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=174145 <<== Link dont work
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-18 12:38:09
Link | Citer | R

Devaraja said:

Raging Rush:

Steel Cyclone:
Fixed for simplicity.

Edit: Half-beaten. Sorta.
By darkchildv86 2010-08-18 12:39:17
Link | Citer | R

i am a drk main so take this with a grain of salt but try perle head and warwolf on WS i think maybe to much acc on RR
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-18 12:40:27
Link | Citer | R

Do you have capped GA skill?

What merits do you have? (yes I am being lazy)

Do you have support (brd or cor in your pt)?

Are you eatting food?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 12:42:19
Link | Citer | R

Lose optical hat, upgrade to Forager's, use Alky on SC.
 Remora.Jathem
Serveur: Remora
user: jathem
By Remora.Jathem 2010-08-18 12:46:54
Link | Citer | R

If you have merits and some kind of acc food... use the warwolf for RR, look into getting n.feet and n.head (or unicorn cap if the latent's active until then, or the MKE head if you haven't used it for something else). Use Hauby+1 for RR instead of n.body, the dex matters more for most things you'll fight. Keep n.body for SC.

As said, upgrade to forager's. And pick up a Snow or Aqua gorget for RR over the PCC. And use a Berserker's Axe. Or better yet, the fire-path Atlas.
 Shiva.Daimos
Serveur: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 12:46:54
Link | Citer | R

RR in hauby(+1), Warworf > Virtuoso (use pizza if you have to)

Edit: Damnit I slow :(
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-18 12:47:48
Link | Citer | R

Gorget for Raging Rush, or just get King's Justice. It uses the same gorget as Steel Cyclone.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 12:49:02
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Jathem said:
And use a Berserker's Axe. Or better yet, the fire-path Atlas.
I don't advocate an atlas without proper sTP, don't even attempt this without a rose strap, as you can't 6hit(easily) without it.
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-18 12:53:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Daimos said:
RR in hauby(+1), Warworf > Virtuoso. Use pizza

Fixed
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 12:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Also for your SC build, If berserk is up your pDIF will most likely be capped(much earlier than alot of WS's) so using a bibiki seashell over that bomblet would be more beneficial.
By Devaraja 2010-08-18 13:04:02
Link | Citer | R

Whoa, thanks for the quick replies.

For the record, I generally eat pizza and have capped and merited Great Axe.

Gonna get to work on a new gorget and MKD ASAP!

(Also, sorry I didn't just post the item sets, I couldn't quite figure out how to do it.)
 Asura.Tamoa
Serveur: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-08-18 13:05:12
Link | Citer | R

I would never use Alky bracelets for RR.

And yes I would definitely lose the Ohat, preferably for Nhead but there are other AH items that are better than Ohat also. RR in Hauby (+1). Try it out and compare. And yes, definitely get a Foragers.
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-18 13:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Devaraja said:
Whoa, thanks for the quick replies.

For the record, I generally eat pizza and have capped and merited Great Axe.

The you should be ok to be a lot more aggressive, Bomb core, warwolf, foragers and n.head are all good items to beef up your damage.

Also parse your WS, don't be fooled by a WAR eating red curry and a full STR build (with little or no acc) on RR fluking 3/3 hit and getting a few crits. Its all about average (constant) WS damage.
 Remora.Jathem
Serveur: Remora
user: jathem
By Remora.Jathem 2010-08-18 13:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Daimos said:
Remora.Jathem said:
And use a Berserker's Axe. Or better yet, the fire-path Atlas.
I don't advocate an atlas without proper sTP, don't even attempt this without a rose strap, as you can't 6hit(easily) without it.

Even a 7-hit Atlas would probably be better than a 6-hit of either Byakko's or Berserker's, which IIRC is doable with just /sam and Rajas. 6-hit would be better, but it can be worked towards.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-18 13:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Besides the new all mighty V.Bhuj..what other GA are good now?

I haven't been on war much lately so I haven't even really checked out the new gear/axes.

I still am using Perdu but I am looking to try for V.Bhuj soon...but for ppl that don't have that or can't obtain it yet. What other GA are around that would be worth it.

Call me lazy but you ppl know better than I do..I haven't looked at ToTM yet either lol.
By Zelfyn 2010-08-18 13:20:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm not a WAR so I don't know gear options, but I do know how to calculate WS damage, so I can say this, attack is also important. The 35% STR modifier is pretty meager, so don't forget about attack. (One person said with berserk pDIF is capped, in which case more attack doesn't help. Capping pdif may occur with the right buffs, especially on weak mobs, but if your attack isn't over 750, then more attack still helps on any xp or higher mob)

For Raging Rush, if you aren't eating attack food and don't have attack buffs up, and are sitting at a low ~450attack for WSs, then your WSs will certainly blow and you will benefit from gear swaps that give you 2 or more attack for every 1 STR you sacrifice. If you have some attack buffs and have your attack is around 625 or so, then sacrificing 1STR for 2.5+ attack should improve your damage.

Unfortunately I don't have data regarding crit frequency on RR, so that wasn't incorporated in my calculations.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-18 13:33:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Besides the new all mighty V.Bhuj..what other GA are good now?

I haven't been on war much lately so I haven't even really checked out the new gear/axes.

I still am using Perdu but I am looking to try for V.Bhuj soon...but for ppl that don't have that or can't obtain it yet. What other GA are around that would be worth it.

Call me lazy but you ppl know better than I do..I haven't looked at ToTM yet either lol.
At a glance the STP Sumeru shouldn't be too bad as it's a true 6-hit with Rajas + Brutal with the advantage of being slightly faster than most GAs. STR Atlas is good if you can 6-hit it (minimum 12 STP fulltime /SAM for a fake 6-hit, 14 for true, can rearrange TP vs WS depending on options) though I suspect Vermeil could still be better with HQ gear. Not sure how the Kunluns fare vs other options but it wouldn't surprise me if the DA beat the OAT given your high base DA.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 13:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Sumeru is a good choice, and it's also veeery easy to obtain. I imagine Vermeil would still be miles ahead it though.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-18 13:38:11
Link | Citer | R

Honestly this is what I was shooting for when I was still playing. Granted I'm still rocking Perdu maybe I'll upgrade if I return to game but I have alot of ***going on atm.

Raging Rush

King's Justice

Maybe a Flame Ring would be a better choice for King's Justice or Hell a Blood Ring. But Iota is nice for Raging Rush.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 13:39:06
Link | Citer | R

WS in iota /point O-o
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-18 13:40:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Daimos said:
WS in iota /point O-o

Thinking back I'd only use Iota for Raging Rush/Drakesbane depending on the mobs AGI :P
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-18 13:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
WS in iota /point O-o

Thinking back I'd only use Iota for Raging Rush/Drakesbane depending on the mobs AGI :P

A 'real' DEX ring would probably be better

[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 13:48:45
Link | Citer | R

I use iota for WS in my high acc build, but I rarely have to use it anymore cuz I lovvin that pizza :)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-18 13:56:13
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
WS in iota /point O-o

A 'real' DEX ring would probably be better

As of now it doesn't matter to me currently, since I'm taking a long break, there's going to be more level caps so using a particular set for now may be pointless. As it was that particular set I listed was fine for Greater Colibri and I even said it may be out dated. I'm not really sure what we will be fighting though. I wonder what an Iron Giant's AGI would be? :P

On the side of things the new DEX+6 ring might be very nice for Raging Rush while also considering future equipment that hasn't been released yet. Pretty much dealing with what's needed right now while keeping an eye on further news when I'm bored.

Though I wonder what Magian trials hold? King's Justice Damage+10% on a ToM GAXE would be very cool but following the trend it's probably going to boost the level 80 WS.

All and all I wonder how much things are going to be changed once I'm done with basic and whatever deployments that await me. FF14 will be out by then though so... Yeah x_x

Appreciate the input though I just always found Iota nice for 2 handers crit WS because it effects Crit Rate some while giving more accuracy then a DEX ring.
 Ifrit.Zibo
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 16:40:38
Link | Citer | R

RR dex builds can be very situational, if you aren't near the dex-crit cap, then all of the dex you are adding to your RR builds aren't even adding 1% per, ofcourse the lower the mob's level is, the better a dex build is.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 16:47:50
Link | Citer | R

For old content Dex builds don't require too much effort, for new content, the STR-DEX bonus is there.
However, I have no idea if the extra bonus dex is coming close to dDEX range on abyssea mobs.
 Ifrit.Zibo
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 16:49:41
Link | Citer | R

I don't know their exact stat values, but I can imagine they would have grown significantly enough to make a dex build less attractive.
First Page 2