Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Elemental obi
Elemental obi
 Fenrir.Surgator
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-08-16 19:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering , someone have probabely have made test but i ask still because i am curous.

The elemental obi give full benefit of weather and days effect , so i was wondering if it give some perp - on the avatar of the same days and the obi on....... if some ppl have made a test just answer lol!
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2010-08-16 19:58:36
Link | Citer | R

To the best of my awareness, it only affects MAB and MACC. Only the HQ staves have the avatar perp hidden effect.

Im not sure the obis even affect avatar spells of that day/weather.
 Fairy.Basilo
Serveur: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-16 20:09:29
Link | Citer | R

I have 8/8 obis and 80 pup for a pet job and no they dont add to autos magic dmg when nuke matches elemental day or weather. Im sure this is same for say using hyorin obi on iceday with shiva doing a nuke wont add more dmg than without obi. Its only gear for pup that says "pet : +mab" that effects pet magic dmg.
 Fenrir.Surgator
Serveur: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-08-16 20:15:44
Link | Citer | R

and to wear them in the same days does it have a hidden effect that make perp- cost for the avatar? (i am sure at 98% not but since i never see or heard talk of that i put it here to have someone who will be able to answer it)
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2010-08-16 21:38:46
Link | Citer | R

No, Obis do not have a hidden effect of -perp.

Obis only affect Magic attack bonus and Magic accuracy for the caster on weather/day/both for that obi. No pets, no avatars, no automatons.

Obis do, on the other hand have a hidden effect of Treasure hunter +10... check it out. Equip them on your brd..
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-16 21:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Technically they don't give MAB it's a seperate factor. And the only real testing I've ever seen showed they didn't actually give macc which means compared to whatever else you were wearing you had less
[+]
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2010-08-16 21:53:37
Link | Citer | R

Verbatim

Gain Full Effect of Day/Weather Bonuses

* 10% for magic of the day
* 10% for magic matching single weather
* 25% for magic matching double weather

Now I know it doesnt say it directly, but adding those percentages(bonuses)...to the total damage of elemental(attack)... spells(magic) pretty much translates to the same thing :) Day/weather bonuses also mean less resists (more accuracy per say)

So yea.. same difference. Not to nitpick.
By Randomguy 2010-08-16 22:03:11
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't directly add MAB/MAcc, it just makes the proc rate of same day/weather bouns for casting spells 100% instead of 30%.

Meaning without the obis, Freeze II on iceday will have a 10% damage bonus 30% of the time.

With ice obi, Freeze II on iceday will have a 10% damage bonus 100% of the time, assuming you keep it on for the spell.

As for MAcc, same rules apply. Without obi you gain a "bonus" of 10% MAcc on the same day/weather spells 30% of the time, but with obi you gain a "bonus" of 10% Macc 100% of the time.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-16 22:08:07
Link | Citer | R

Well adding to MAB and adding 10% dmg is a big difference.

And like I said the only actual testing I've seen on the subject showed no real effect on day/weather and macc
[+]
By Randomguy 2010-08-16 22:13:13
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well adding to MAB and adding 10% dmg is a big difference.

And like I said the only actual testing I've seen on the subject showed no real effect on day/weather and macc
There is a MAcc bonus, although I didn't do any testing to prove it, because when I noticed it, I wasn't doing any testing.

Remember doing Gob pets in Newton when you were about level 59 or so? Remember trying to oneshot them with Burst and/or Flood?

Remember nuking Burst on Earthday/weather and every so often you have a 10% reduction on damage and you got resisted a lot more than on any other day?

Or was that too far back for you to remember? That was when I noticed day/weather effects on MAcc.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-16 22:18:42
Link | Citer | R

I've actually noticed higher resist rates on thunder/iceday at least when I'm not overcapped on macc due to wearing obi over witch sash.

But that's eyeballing not testing so I'll go with lodeguy/robonosto's
[+]
By Randomguy 2010-08-17 06:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Its hard to go with testing because of the 30% activation rate.

Unless its 100% activation rate for resists on wrong obis from the spells (i.e. Burst II with Earth Obi on Earthday)
 Bahamut.Weasel
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-17 10:34:56
Link | Citer | R

I'm agreeing with Dasva. I'm an Elvaan so my INT is already low, and not using my 7 INT belt noticeably affects my Macc, even in gamedays and weather that I have obis for.

But hey, this is a SMN thread. Uh, no, it has no effect on avatars at all... >.>
 Phoenix.Airbag
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-17 10:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Technically they don't give MAB it's a seperate factor. And the only real testing I've ever seen showed they didn't actually give macc which means compared to whatever else you were wearing you had less

thats what I have always thought, day/weather/obi doesnt effect macc only damage