Numbing Shot

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Numbing Shot
Numbing Shot
By Arrovin 2010-08-10 10:15:55
Link | Citer | R

Still messing around with it, but it seems to be a great weapon skill. Im not the best geared COR out there but I was able to break 1k dmg a few times.

A few things....

STR....Like with most ranged weapon skills, makes the biggest difference I have seen. (Too bad it wasnt Magic attack bonus huh?)

Im still trying to find out if the accuracy on the weapon skill should be stacked Ranged Acc or Normal Acc. Work has had me busy recently :(.

Overall I think COR got lucky, especially when seeing some of the others. haha.
By Untamedheart 2010-08-12 07:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Stack Ranged Acc. Studio Gobli has this weaponskill listed as a 60% agi modifier which breaks the mold of 30% agi modifier of all the other marksmanship weapon skills save coronach. It is something to consider when gearing as agi has a bigger impact on numbing shot if the figures from Studio Gobli are correct.
 Ragnarok.Bersty
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Bersty
By Ragnarok.Bersty 2010-08-16 23:37:38
Link | Citer | R

Recently obtained this on my COR w/ 5 Marksmanship Merits + Navarch's Choker (JSE neckpiece from Abyssea). My first couple shots with it I used my Slug Shot build which is mostly STR, r.ATK, r.ACC based, and I was able to get some 1k+ shots off. The paralyze seemed to proc. afterwards as it were. Potency can naturally be enhanced with an Ice Shot immediately afterwards (10% increase to the Paralysis potency).
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-16 23:47:59
Link | Citer | R

The only issue with this WS is it requires lots of merits for COR to unlock. I wanna say like +15 total skill. Which is 4 merits and a Faith Torque right?

But yes, Numbing shot is like THE COR ws, close-range ws for Mkris-Joyeuse TP and point-blank dome shot. Couldn't have asked for more.