Howling Fists! Help Please =D
 Shiva.Tyurruu
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Tyurru
By Shiva.Tyurruu 2010-08-05 08:51:32
Link | Citer | R

Hello again,
A friend of mine was helping me all morning getting Howling Fists, first time using it i hit 700+ with +10 STR and +1 VIT on a robber crab. I am a MNK62 at the moment.
I read that its a 20% STR and 50% VIT mod, so I bought some gear hoping it would be right for the WS, please if you can give any suggestions to which gear worth getting and which is worth keeping for the WS that would be great. Finding it Hard to get VIT gear at my level lol xD

My current TP gear is...

and Howling Fists WS gear...

Anything worth keeping from TP gear? any items worth camping/buying for my level?

Thank You for reading :D
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-05 08:53:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm not 100% sure, but I think STR will give you better returns unless there's a lot of VIT on an item, Genbu's kabuto for example, which you can't wear yet.

So go STR!

Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-05 08:59:25
Link | Citer | R

Spence is right, despite being only 20% STR, due to fSTR you will get more out of STR (unless the you can get tonnes of VIT from that gear).

Keep your Amemet+1 in your WS build.

Voyager Sallet or Wivre Mask (when lvl 65)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-05 09:01:44
Link | Citer | R

Keep the Amemet+1 on WS. Iirc Howling Fist is a 2 hit WS (like Ten is a 2 hit on Nin when you Dual Wield) so keeping the SH on might be better.
 Siren.Corrin
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Corrin 2010-08-05 09:48:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Keep the Amemet+1 on WS. Iirc Howling Fist is a 2 hit WS (like Ten is a 2 hit on Nin when you Dual Wield) so keeping the SH on might be better.

All h2h ws are st least 2 hits since one full combat round is 2 hits. Its as if you are dual wielding. But even so, Ive always found it worthwhile to just treat Howling Fist as a single hit ws and just load up on STR and the VIT. The second hit only has a TP mod of 1, even if you miss it, its not as big a deal as missing hits in Asuran Fists for example.

And pretty much what everyone else was saying, keep Amemet +1 and I'd use a 2nd str ring instead of unyielding. But looks pretty good otherwise :D
 Shiva.Tyurruu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Tyurru
By Shiva.Tyurruu 2010-08-05 14:12:47
Link | Citer | R

Thanks ~ ^.^