Scholar Ws Gear Set?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Scholar ws gear set?
Scholar ws gear set?
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-04 17:05:48
Link | Citer | R

Now that scholar has Occult Acumen unlike other backline jobs they can gain tp without direct attacking. This means every so often they can run up to a monster hit them with a weapon skill then run back to the back line.

My question to all you FFXIAH posters is this: Do you think making a gear set for a scholar while they are weaponskilling would be viable? if so what gear/ws would you use? and if not why not?

Just trying to gain opinions on this.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 17:07:27
Link | Citer | R

I guess if you never ever switch staffs...

Btw aside from elemental magic ws the elemental staffs aren't that great for wsing and the only good decent magic ws for sch is dark I think
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 17:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Is it feasible? I would've thought you'd be changing staves a lot. Correct me if my assumption is wrong, though. I'm not a Scholar.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sotek
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Otek
By Bismarck.Sotek 2010-08-04 17:15:48
Link | Citer | R

3TP per Stone V is serious business.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-04 17:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Even if you somehow worked out a plan where you could leave a single staff equipped for an extended period of time, TP return from spells is appallingly low. It's not worthwhile.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Serveur: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-04 17:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Even if you somehow worked out a plan where you could leave a single staff equipped for an extended period of time, TP return from spells is appallingly low. It's not worthwhile.

I see just as I feared >< oh well maybe in the next update there will be a piece of gear that augments the ablity so it is worth while.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-04 17:31:30
Link | Citer | R

Hm, maybe if you subbed DNC or SAM you could...um, well...maybe you could...oh, okay nevermind. -_-;;
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-04 17:35:26
Link | Citer | R

It's won't ever be worth while for lots of reasons..first being that you'd have to maintain 1 staff for all the spells you cast to reach the magic 100tp..the only place this might happen is Campaign and Beseiged and then when you go to WS it would be so shocklingly awful you would want to swap staffs and never think about ws again.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-04 18:56:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
It's won't ever be worth while for lots of reasons..first being that you'd have to maintain 1 staff for all the spells you cast to reach the magic 100tp..the only place this might happen is Campaign and Beseiged and then when you go to WS it would be so shocklingly awful you would want to swap staffs and never think about ws again.

This prolly :P

But hey, try it out if you wanna, nothing wrong with having fun in campaign and stuff!
 Cerberus.Juliusi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: juliusi
By Cerberus.Juliusi 2010-08-04 19:39:21
Link | Citer | R

for weapon skill set ill go with
perlar 5/5
then use liht staff
brutal earring
fang earring
rajas