users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Acuben's Helm
Acuben's Helm
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-26 15:19:41
Link | Citer | R

I don't really understand what your issue is with blinking... when you write scripts and use them they activate faster than ingame macros. Mine have never cause me any issues unless I'm tanking on blu(lol) and am needing heals that the mage can't get of due to blinking.

If you don't want to blink that's cool, your acting like i'm condemning you, I'm not, but blinking doesn't effect headbutt spamming at all. You do realize though if you SPAM headbutt that is totally *** up your dot right? making the 2% extra haste totally useless to even have.... which makes your whole point about having them moot.

If you were just in say a merit party or event where you don't need to stun/it won't work, then melee will play a bigger role in your job and the extra haste may be wanted. Then again this will prolly be a HNM or something with greater evasion.. where you would then want more acc. This means you will prolly be /thf and your only purpose is to build tp for a CASA spell and acc is the main priority and eating pizza or meat to make sure you hit over 0 is a plus.

Edit: At fredjan that last set is close to mine, cept i'm 75 so homam legs, swift and foragers. Erlkings with 5dmg 4macc 4acc in main too. I really don't use blu anymore, but it's not hard to understand what they should be wearing, Davsa is kinda contradicting any points he has made. :/
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-26 15:21:58
Link | Citer | R

You've never been locked right after blinking and taking an action?

Cause it happens to me all the *** time on blu. Espeically since I switched to spellcast.

And not really contradicting. Different situations. I don't always stun lock on blu.

And you still haven't answered why you need a good 40-50 more acc in your tp set than your spell set
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-26 15:25:25
Link | Citer | R

I've never been locked up but I don't use spellcast, I use window macros. Those are the scripts I mean, I write them myself. Spellcast can *** you up if you need to swap ***extremely fast which you will with headbutt spams. You should use window macros for that spell, not SC.

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-26 15:27:13
Link | Citer | R

I would but it's extremely useful for other things. Like automatically switching. And doing stuff based on hp/mp which matters a bit since my full dmg spell/ws set is about 200 less mp than my dmg set.

I have other similar issues with cure and aspir sets.

I suppose I could just make multiple maccros for each spell/action and memorize mps/hps but no
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-26 15:32:19
Link | Citer | R

I use SC for my blm and such, but with the slow spell casting even with FC ***, it doesn't hurt the job like it would for blu.

I would take out the headbutt part of ur SC script, and just make a windower macro for it. Gearswaps+headbutt then wait 1 then tp set back again has never *** up and swung with my headbutt macro gear. It stops the animation from showing as well, so there is no lockup.

And that's another reason I don't use blu, as a galka even though mpr over time is more important than max mp, when u lose about 200mp in gear swapping to spell dmg set it really *** up all ur ***...

Edit: to clarify mpr as in refresh, not resting sets.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-26 15:37:45
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I love mp because well 3-4 homam peices (homam if not using walmrt) go out and among other things creek F clomps go in.

Another reason I'm more interested in gaining tp faster when I'm not locking is Sanguine blade. It can put up some fairly respectible consistenent dmg. And aside from the obvious mdt/MDB int is the only thing on the mob that will lower it's dmg.

Plus when I'm serious about stun locking which is when I get to come blu most the time I'm doing precious little meleeing. Some of the time I'm not even engaged