Abyssea - Casual Or Hardcore ?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-22 13:59:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Events like salvage are all luck. Sure it's not that hard but most people get to do 100's of runs just to get their gear and then 100 more for the next person in line, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

No need to spread bullcrap about salvage, most drop require 20-30 dedicated run only to get. 1/100 droprate don't exist, there is only one idiot on BG that has ever experienced it. This on par with gettinga duelist's chapeau for instance.
And here I thought you knew how to shot statistics.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-22 14:09:20
Link | Citer | R

Ignore Pchan.

This is something which should be readily apparent to any regular BG browser.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-22 14:44:35
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Events like salvage are all luck. Sure it's not that hard but most people get to do 100's of runs just to get their gear and then 100 more for the next person in line, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

No need to spread bullcrap about salvage, most drop require 20-30 dedicated run only to get. 1/100 droprate don't exist, there is only one idiot on BG that has ever experienced it. This on par with gettinga duelist's chapeau for instance.

Perhaps I should be more specific... I don't mean get one 35, I mean get 5/5 of a set, and that's if your lucky enough to only need one set.
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
1/100 droprate don't exist, there is only one idiot on BG that has ever experienced it.

It only takes one to exist, and statistics say it's possible, just not probable but either way salvage is an event that takes a massive amount of time and luck particularly for key parts of very much wanted gear.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-22 14:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Pchan is so hardcore he doesn't need to level to 80 (or have relevant subs leveled).

[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-22 15:34:28
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
it's possible, just not probable

Everything in the game is based on random numbers, what you say also implies to abyssea.

@ argettio and rayensomething : try doing a useful post for once (not your BG-usal crap). Your opinion ?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-22 16:08:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

@ argettio and rayensomething : try doing a useful post for once (not your BG-usal crap). Your opinion ?

Not tried Abyssea as I quit but looks like an event you can take as seriously or casually as you want.

Those that are willing to spent hours playing will get the most out of it, but it seem even 'casual' players can get something out. Sounds like SE managed to create a decent event...
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-22 16:11:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Hey ***,

My name is Pchan, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are Gimp, badly geared, noobs who spend every second of their day trying to improve. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any Salvage pieces? I mean, I guess it's fun trying to do the best you can without the best gear, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than TPing in Dusk instead of Dusk +1.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was Leader of a botting Linkshell, and Duped Salvage pieces and got away with it. What accomplishments do you have in game, other than "Playing for fun"? I also get Dyna drops when I want them (or, I'll GM), and have a banging hot pup gear set (Just Solo'd Serket; ***was SO cash).

You are all Gimps who should just Stop playing. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It's me and my pup

[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Serveur: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 16:24:11
Link | Citer | R

lol is that nightwish on emoboy's shirt?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-22 16:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
lol is that nightwish on emoboy's shirt?

Who knows, I typed in the first two words that described Pchan into google.

Fat, Emo.
[+]
 Titan.Rohauce
Serveur: Titan
user: Rohauce
By Titan.Rohauce 2010-07-22 16:44:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Hey ***,

My name is Pchan, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are Gimp, badly geared, noobs who spend every second of their day trying to improve. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any Salvage pieces? I mean, I guess it's fun trying to do the best you can without the best gear, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than TPing in Dusk instead of Dusk +1.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was Leader of a botting Linkshell, and Duped Salvage pieces and got away with it. What accomplishments do you have in game, other than "Playing for fun"? I also get Dyna drops when I want them (or, I'll GM), and have a banging hot pup gear set (Just Solo'd Serket; ***was SO cash).

You are all Gimps who should just Stop playing. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It's me and my pup

lol'd hard
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-22 16:57:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
btw, casual to me is logging in for 3-5 hours a day

5 hours a day ? You are severely hardcore. It's hardly enough to work, eat, play and sleep.

sounds like you need to go play WOW or snes if you not putting 20 hours in a week because that to me is the bear minimum
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-22 16:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
bear minimum
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-22 17:02:45
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
bear minimum

word
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-22 17:07:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Everything in the game is based on random numbers, what you say also implies to abyssea.

[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-22 17:13:13
Link | Citer | R

from me to you, do this
this will give you the abyssite for better blue chests...

You will need confluxes 1,4 and 6 in Lathiene. To do this the fastest possible way and using the least amount of Abyssea time, i suggest you go in, get time, go to #4 get broken rod, go to #6 tradegood rod, go to #1 and out, then back in to repeat. I also recommend a job that has 12% movement speed.
1) Buy Willow Rods from NPC in town. Make sure you leave 1 inventory spot open because the quest giver will give you a broken rod.
2) Enter Abys-Lathiene and get visitant status. Use conflux #1 to warp to #4
3) Flag the quest at #4. Use #4 to warp to #6.
4) Trade Willow Rod to NPC at #6 and use #6 to go to #1 and out.
5) Repeat

The time spent per quest inside Abyssea should only be about 1min. Each rank up takes 10 trades.

Dont worry about cruor costs for warping. Each completed quest only uses up 60 (85 and 95 for confluxes, but 120 quest reward).

I only used 59min total inside abyssea. That includes the initial run to get confluxes 4 and 6. Also includes doing the actual abyssite quest chasing down the guy. The abyssite quest gives 1k cruor which cuts your total cruor loss to 1000.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-22 19:05:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

You're right, the entire game is based on numbers, but not all of them are entirely random and some have a lower chance than others. But how does that have anything to do with your claims, where is your point?

Abyssea has content for hardcore people as well as casual but is very friendly to the casual player, this is a good thing why are you bitching?
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-23 04:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
[
Abyssea has content for hardcore people as well as casual but is very friendly to the casual player, this is a good thing why are you bitching?

Again, the only people in the thread defending abyssea as good for casual players are gimps with 10 level 80 jobs ... because the only thing they manage ingame is exping, and the extension was good news for them since precisely it gives easy exp (if you can afford exping 5 hours, that is). So very friendly to casual player is a nonsense right now. To justify themselves, you see the same idiots claiming that playing less than 5 hours a day is casual or that killing NMs in alliances (as in : not solo-duo, which casual player would prefer) is rewarding, totally forgetting that droprate combined with effort to farm the pop item, combined with number of player required to kill (which will impact the average money you'll earn from a run) makes it just yet another form of highly time consuming endgame event, no more casual than sky or limbus or salvage, and actually less rewarding since the gear is only .. level 80.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 04:35:01
Link | Citer | R

I could call you a gimp for not having jobs and relevant subs levelled. GTFO gimpchan.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-23 04:54:19
Link | Citer | R

It is casual. How is 120min/run x times/week a hardcore event? Sky/Sea/Dynamis when they were released required an incredible amount of time and manpower to attain anything. Abyssea doesn't, pretty much everything can be done with as little as 6, and it's far more enjoyable being able to farm pops while recieving high levels of XP, before popping an NM (also giving high XP) with a (usually) high drop rate. I don't know what your perspective is, but playing 3 hours a day doesn't make you a hardcore player. Hardcore by MMO definition would be spending the majority of your day playing, and sacrificing a lot of other time like sleep to achieve something. Ie: HNM etc.
The effort/time required to invest in Abyssea to be rewarded with anything is significantly lower than most other events, while being more enjoyable to do. I'm not accounting for things like going 1/1 on some item, I mean consistency.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-23 05:06:49
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
pretty much everything can be done with as little as 6

Don't think so tim

most of the NMs are like this.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-23 05:10:05
Link | Citer | R

First of all, there is a good handful of NMs in the new areas that you don't need a whole ally to kill. A good amount can be low-manned with 2-5 people.

Seriously, before you *** and moan and keep talking out of your ***, maybe you should actually go try abyssea before you make uneducated claims about something you have no idea about.

Almost seems like you are pissed off people can exp easily and fast.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-23 05:11:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Don't think so tim

most of the NMs are like this.

Really? Tell me OH WISE ONE, how many of the NMS have you done?

Just because people bring 18 to Fafnir, doesn't mean you need 18 to kill it.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-23 05:23:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
[

Again, the only people in the thread defending abyssea as good for casual players are gimps with 10 level 80 jobs ... because the only thing they manage ingame is exping, and the extension was good news for them since precisely it gives easy exp (if you can afford exping 5 hours, that is). So very friendly to casual player is a nonsense right now. To justify themselves, you see the same idiots claiming that playing less than 5 hours a day is casual or that killing NMs in alliances (as in : not solo-duo, which casual player would prefer) is rewarding, totally forgetting that droprate combined with effort to farm the pop item, combined with number of player required to kill (which will impact the average money you'll earn from a run) makes it just yet another form of highly time consuming endgame event, no more casual than sky or limbus or salvage, and actually less rewarding since the gear is only .. level 80.

This idiot still hasn't even learned what Casual really means.

The only thing he's shown, is like any good Frenchy, he's got the Surrender Skill maxed and merited.

I will try to explain it one more time, casual has no baring on time invested. One can play Farmville for 90 hours straight (And die, True story btw), while another can play EVE online for twelve minutes. Does that make Farmville Hardcore, and EVE Casual? No.

It's all about being accessible, and Abyssea is very accessible to a wide variety of individuals. That's as casual as you can hope to get in a Subscription MMORPG. The simple fact that you consider Salvage Casual speaks volumes to the degree of your mental retardation.

Salvage.

->Requires Mission Progression
->Requires a Minimum of six people to Enter (not counting DC entry)
->Requires another event(Assault) to even be able to enter.
->Low Drop rates
->Arrapago Remnants

Abyssea.
-> 30 Minutes per 20 hours
-> TI Monsters are Soloable(Some) Never more than 3 required
-> Multiple Uses. Exp, Items(Gil), HNM(Items)
-> Empyrean Weapons are "Hardcore" Content. Abyssea itself is not.

Basically, You're pissed cause there's something you can't hack to get, and because you've burned so many bridges, you don't have anyone who is willing to help you "Pimp" lolpup. It's such a shame that an MMO would be subject to basic societal contracts.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Ianpyst
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: ianpyst
By Gilgamesh.Ianpyst 2010-07-23 05:35:21
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:

This idiot still hasn't even learned what Casual really means.

The only thing he's shown, is like any good Frenchy, he's got the Surrender Skill maxed and merited.

I will try to explain it one more time, casual has no baring on time invested. One can play Farmville for 90 hours straight (And die, True story btw), while another can play EVE online for twelve minutes. Does that make Farmville Hardcore, and EVE Casual? No.

It's all about being accessible, and Abyssea is very accessible to a wide variety of individuals. That's as casual as you can hope to get in a Subscription MMORPG. The simple fact that you consider Salvage Casual speaks volumes to the degree of your mental retardation.

Salvage.

->Requires Mission Progression
->Requires a Minimum of six people to Enter (not counting DC entry)
->Requires another event(Assault) to even be able to enter.
->Low Drop rates
->Arrapago Remnants

Abyssea.
-> 30 Minutes per 20 hours
-> TI Monsters are Soloable(Some) Never more than 3 required
-> Multiple Uses. Exp, Items(Gil), HNM(Items)
-> Empyrean Weapons are "Hardcore" Content. Abyssea itself is not.

Basically, You're pissed cause there's something you can't hack to get, and because you've burned so many bridges, you don't have anyone who is willing to help you "Pimp" lolpup. It's such a shame that an MMO would be subject to basic societal contracts.

+1

Pimpchan i believe its time for you to start waving that white flag of yours. We all know you have it handy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-23 05:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Sometimes, you just gotta admit defeat Pimpchan.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-23 05:50:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Don't think so tim most of the NMs are like this.

I didn't say everything. My group has about 9 and we've killed most La Theine NMs/VNMs so far. Bringing alliances to Abyssea is for kill speed increase not difficulty, there's lots of terrain to use. Just unfortunately you'll drain a lot more time doing it. So yes, 6 can comfortably kil most NMs if they're willing to sacrifice time to do so.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 05:54:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:

Sometimes, you just gotta admit defeat Pimpchan.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-23 06:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
[

Well, I only play 1-2 hours per day, if i play at all.

I'm quite happy about the fact that I can get 1-2 levels during that time when i exp in abyssea, if its a good ally.

so how is that not casual?

oh, and for salvage and the time issue: did you count all the assault runs you had to do in order to get APs too? I guess not :3

[+]
By Emilrelda 2010-07-23 06:26:20
Link | Citer | R

i think abyssea is causeal and hardcore with the new nms and mobs and vnms
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21