users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR and INT
COR and INT
 Diabolos.Yellowbluebus
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Yellowbluebus 2010-07-19 20:35:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure someone has probably gone over this subject before, but as a relatively new 75 COR, I keep seeing INT on gear and guns while not really knowing why it's there.

Taking for example, the new magian trial gun, Mayhem

I don't understand why there is INT on this when none of the Cor or Rng WS use it, and from what I can find, or have found so far, neither job uses INT for any type of bonus.

There is also the issue of INT being on the COR AF. Maybe I'm just being too picky and should ignore it but if there is any reason behind it, I'd love to know.

Thanks!
 Leviathan.Lexington
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-07-19 20:37:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure the bonus effects Quick Draw
 Diabolos.Yellowbluebus
By Diabolos.Yellowbluebus 2010-07-19 20:40:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Lexington said:
I'm pretty sure the bonus effects Quick Draw

That's what I thought originally as well, but according to wiki...

Damage comes from
Quote:
Damage formula: [2 * (Gun base DMG + bullet base DMG + Corsair's Tricorne bonus)] * (1 + (MAB / 100))] * (Elemental Staff bonus) * (Day/Weather Bonus)

And accuracy comes from
Quote:
Quick Draw accuracy is based on AGI.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-19 20:42:04
Link | Citer | R

It has int on it just by virtue of being the ice path. The sam GK ice path has INT on it. Ive tried, even with 2 int being 1 MAB, INT does nothing for QD. I tried adding 20 INT and dmg stayed the same.
[+]
 Leviathan.Lexington
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-07-19 20:43:51
Link | Citer | R

Ah well maybe good if you sub BLM :P
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-19 20:47:53
Link | Citer | R

Stop looking for connection on things like this. You get int because int and MAB go together usually. Random af and gear often has random stats

The only thing I can think of int helping you on cor is maybe a magical ws that isn't leaden salute
 Diabolos.Yellowbluebus
By Diabolos.Yellowbluebus 2010-07-19 20:57:55
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
It has int on it just by virtue of being the ice path. The sam GK ice path has INT on it. Ive tried, even with 2 int being 1 MAB, INT does nothing for QD. I tried adding 20 INT and dmg stayed the same.
That makes sense now that I think about it ;o Thanks for pointing that out.

Leviathan.Lexington said:
Ah well maybe good if you sub BLM :P
lol, probably.

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Stop looking for connection on things like this. You get int because int and MAB go together usually. Random af and gear often has random stats

The only thing I can think of int helping you on cor is maybe a magical ws that isn't leaden salute
Not really trying to look for a connection, rather I didn't want to look like a moron for not using it when I should be.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-07-19 21:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Putting aside the INT put onto the gun. It's still easily better than the Corsair's Gun +1, that is some massive Magic Attack bonus and 3 more DMG. Even with that INT on the gun.. I wouldnt think you'd look like a Moron using it...
 Sylph.Priy
Serveur: Sylph
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2010-07-19 21:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Its a great gun for Leaden Salute and QD, I don't have Armageddon yet but I'm pretty sure it wont be as good as Armageddon will turn out to be.
 Bismarck.Altkey
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Altariel
By Bismarck.Altkey 2010-07-20 00:37:33
Link | Citer | R

Exact values will depend on your MAB/MDB, but that gun should do something like 15-20 damage better per quick draw shot than the +8 Damage Magnatus. Once someone finishes Armageddon this still only lags behind by maybe 10 or so damage. I intend to finish my Empyrean but for anyone that doesn't want to deal with the ***-block that is Carabosse this one is an extremely good alternative.

In situations where the mob's INT is equal or less than your AGI (which should be most situations), Meyhem edges out Martial on Leaden Salute as well.
[+]
 Diabolos.Yellowbluebus
By Diabolos.Yellowbluebus 2010-07-20 18:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altkey said:
Exact values will depend on your MAB/MDB, but that gun should do something like 15-20 damage better per quick draw shot than the +8 Damage Magnatus. Once someone finishes Armageddon this still only lags behind by maybe 10 or so damage. I intend to finish my Empyrean but for anyone that doesn't want to deal with the ***-block that is Carabosse this one is an extremely good alternative.

In situations where the mob's INT is equal or less than your AGI (which should be most situations), Meyhem edges out Martial on Leaden Salute as well.

10 damage less isn't so bad in order to not give myself a second headache (I'm already working on chloris buds e.e) Plus, then I don't have to carry around more guns than I need to lol.

Thanks a lot for the info ^^/