Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-07-18 22:11:20
Link | Citer | R

Right now I use

I'm thinking change to either

or

but I don't really know what is best.

They are all really similar and I don't really think I need more RACC/Snapshot. I should still have 5 hit with any of the sets.

I don't have access to things like Zha'Go's Barbut etc (not sure what that means but most like I can't get the really high end items w/e).. just fyi before start suggesting stuff like that.

Any help etc would be appreciated- no one I know play COR really so looking for some help :)

Edit: Had my 3rd set wrong- so I think the extra 12 acc is better for TP than 3 str will do for my ws?
 Ifrit.Jurai
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-07-19 00:15:22
Link | Citer | R

;_;
 Alexander.Temaruma
Serveur: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-19 00:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Not a COR myself either, but from what rngs do I Like the second set on the page (or the first changed set)
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-07-19 00:36:07
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Not a COR myself either, but from what rngs do I Like the second set on the page (or the first changed set)
I just don't really want to lose STR on WS (first set keeps my Axe grip) but second gives me almost 10 more RACC for TP but I'll lose the STR+3 for WS.
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-07-19 01:17:29
Link | Citer | R

I opt for the Aurore legs- mostly cause no Behe+1 rings on AH atm and no reply.

Can't do much besides try for myself if have no suggestions or help. :(
 Bahamut.Drevin
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-07-19 02:01:48
Link | Citer | R

i'm not really a cor either, but i don't see the point in tping in str o.o; i'd say tp in ratt racc if you aren't meleeing. then swap in str/agi for detonator? i could be wrong about that though.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-19 02:12:43
Link | Citer | R

I am a cor, and honestly i dont think sticking snapshot in one place is gonna make a difference, i think you would probably come up with more DoT sticking with AF+1 head and rajas
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-07-19 03:16:11
Link | Citer | R

i would get a pair of Pahluwan Seraweels, and keep AF+1 head and Rajas. STR will outdo the racc if your shooting, almost always.

that being said, keep Aurore Brais for when you melee on the mob, those are great pants :o.
By Raldo 2010-07-19 09:33:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm not a math person, but I prefer build 2, but using the AF+1 head instead of Aurore.

Out of curiosity though, what do actually shoot for TP on? Usually I just do support and QD if I can't melee for TP, but maybe I'm just lazy.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-19 09:42:20
Link | Citer | R

wait.. hang on .. WHAT?!?

you dont have access to high end items yet you have relic+1 and AF+1, blood fingers, enkidu's legs.

im confused!
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-07-19 14:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
I am a cor, and honestly i dont think sticking snapshot in one place is gonna make a difference, i think you would probably come up with more DoT sticking with AF+1 head and rajas
Yea this is what I used to use but since I use Denali for QD as well- I just use them for TP too. Same RACC just 3 STR less so didn't think it would hurt me to just use Denali.

Raldo said:
I'm not a math person, but I prefer build 2, but using the AF+1 head instead of Aurore.

Out of curiosity though, what do actually shoot for TP on? Usually I just do support and QD if I can't melee for TP, but maybe I'm just lazy.
I like /SAM for pretty much w/e I get to play COR on unless they specifically ask for /Support. I dislike melee on COR and it's not as fun to me so I don't play it really.

Asura.Rinkydink said:
wait.. hang on .. WHAT?!?

you dont have access to high end items yet you have relic+1 and AF+1, blood fingers, enkidu's legs.

im confused!
AF+1 is rather simple to get with a Limbus ls and Enkidu my friend actually got the pop items for that for me trying for boots on brd and those just dropped. I've never done any other ZNM.

I meant say Salvage/VNM w/e etc events like that as I've no group anymore that really does those things. I don't even know what items come from those kinda things :\
 Bismarck.Altkey
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Altariel
By Bismarck.Altkey 2010-07-20 02:03:12
Link | Citer | R

Everything is situational, but against exp level mobs at 80, as /SAM with the gear options you mention you'd be far below accuracy cap without sushi. So I'm going under the assumption you're eating something like NQ Squid. If that is the case, I would suggest:

Tricorne+1/PCC/Earring Set
Frac+1/Blood Gnt./Raja's/Behemoth+1
Amemet+1/Bucaneer's/Enkidu's/Bottes+1

This should still give you capped accuracy with food *AND* a 5-hit build, which basically should give you 20% more weaponskill frequency.

You could actually TP in only Raja's or only Enkidu's for a 5-hit as well, but then you must keep one or the other on for WS. If you TP in both you aren't restricted in using any slot for WS (not that either one is a particularly bad WS option anyhow.)
 Leviathan.Noxious
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Nitrous
By Leviathan.Noxious 2010-08-07 09:05:24
Link | Citer | R

TP in Commodore hands, ws in wyrmal or Skadi's.

Aurore beret is nice for tp-build. Zha'go's barbut or Anwig salade would be even better.

Mirke wardecors w/ snapshot+5.

Impulse belt from Abyssea - Tahrongi.

Add those equips, and you'll have yourself a very nice ra-tp-build for your COR. You would even have 5-hit /sam.
 Leviathan.Noxious
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Nitrous
By Leviathan.Noxious 2010-08-07 10:00:33
Link | Citer | R

"...and I don't really think I need more RACC/Snapshot."

That's like telling melee dd they don't need haste. :P

There is no Snapshot spell and CORs don't have the Snapshot merits that RNGs do. If you want a successful ranged attack build, you'll have to push the Snapshot, while reaching for x-hit in other equip slots.