Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Anarchy & Detonator vs Slug Shot
Anarchy & Detonator vs Slug Shot
 Sylph.Maruraba
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2010-07-11 20:15:06
Link | Citer | R

Just posted this over at Alla as well. Hoping to get some decent ideas/numbers on either forum. :)

What does anyone think about the Anarchy gun from Trial of the Magians? It looks significantly easier to obtain than the Empyrean or "attacks twice/double damage" weapons, though that does leave the question of if the added 10% damage would make it a good rep for Martial Gun + Slug Shot.

Not quite sure how to figure out if it would be better damage or not, though Detonator's accuracy means we could pile on even more damage as well.

Plus, as the Magian Trials go further, it's possible we could get bonuses to other weapon skills further down the road.
 Asura.Solara
Serveur: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-07-12 11:03:11
Link | Citer | R

The TP modifier on Detonator will make Martial superior to the 10% dmg gun, even taking the 10% bonus into account. Funny enough, if you have enough racc in your gear, Anarchy is better than Martial for Slug.

That said, if you want an easy to make QD gun, it's the best option. It beats capped Magnatus (pre-Empyrean form) by 1 base dmg for much less effort. I won't be bothering with it though, I put in enough hassle for Magnatus already, I won't start another gun trial until the final mob for the ODD Spitfire is found and is killable without an alliance lol.
 Sylph.Maruraba
Serveur: Sylph
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2010-07-12 14:27:15
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the input, Solara!

I'm actually working on Spitfire myself, but not sure what branch to take after Hippogryphs. They all look good, but I do hate NM hunting. Hardcore.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-07-12 14:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Are you considering that the Detonator gun has 9 more base damage than a martial? With steel ammo that's a ~8.25% increase in base damage, along with the 10% to detonator.
 Valefor.Abeo
Serveur: Valefor
user: Vabeo
By Valefor.Abeo 2010-07-12 15:15:33
Link | Citer | R

I just recently finished my Anarchy with the 10% Detonator boost, and Solara is correct in all his statements. Instead of using it as a Detonator gun, I have tweaked my Slug Shot set a bit and added slightly more ranged accuracy, and it outshines Martial for SS now due to the 9 more base damage Anarchy offers. Martial is still going to be better for Detonator damage (or at least that appeared to be the case from eyeballing), 10% increase taken into consideration.