Prioritizing

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Prioritizing
Prioritizing
By Mirvana 2010-07-08 15:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Working on getting my DNC back up to snuff after a just shy of 2year hiatus from XI, and now that lv80 is here not sure of just what i should put most of my focus towards. Atm my priorities look somewhat like this:
1. Finish capping certain merits (Haste Samba and Dagger only lv3 currently, 0-NFR, 0-Rev.Flsh)
2. Regearing (Magian, AF2, etc.)
3. Genkai and exp for lv.80
4. Nyzul for Pyrrhic Kleos (only had floor 40 when I left...)

I guess its a kinda odd question to ask people not in this situation, but ya know... Just looking for some opinions.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-08 16:23:55
Link | Citer | R

I'd probably put NFR off til after hitting 80. Reverse Flourish is up to you. I'd also prioritize leveling over anything more than basics + what you can pick up on the way in terms of gear, since 5 levels will have a huge impact on your utility in the new content.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-07-08 22:06:21
Link | Citer | R

1: Haste Samba
2: Level 80/Reverse Flourish (both are probably about equally important)
3: Gear: Athame/Para, Haste stuff, I don't know your gear. If you want to post it I can help better.
4: Dagger merits, sword too if you can't get an Athame.
5: NFR and other group 2 merits
6: Pyrrhic Kleos, keep in mind you're not even gimp without it really. :x

I think that's about it.
By Mirvana 2010-07-09 07:47:02
Link | Citer | R

This is my current build. Not sure how to make it show up as the set on forums so link onry.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=109263

atm Im working on athame and dex/acc magians as I can. The major reason i wanna have the right priorities in line is that i only have about 3-4hrs a day to get on due to work.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-09 08:37:35
Link | Citer | R

fixed for you

[itemset] then your gear set number then [ /itemset] (without the space)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-09 09:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Mirvana said:
This is my current build. Not sure how to make it show up as the set on forums so link onry.

atm Im working on athame and dex/acc magians as I can. The major reason i wanna have the right priorities in line is that i only have about 3-4hrs a day to get on due to work.
You've got a very good starting point here for your TP set. The only huge upgrade I'd prioritize at 75 is Rajas Ring. Normally I'd say Dusk Ledelsens and work on a pair of haste pants (relic/ASA), but Aurore legs and feet are the way to go once you hit 78 so it's probably better to just grind out 3 levels and get some cruor/buy them off the AH. Other upgrades to look at are a higher acc neck, Suppanomimi, and a STR/attack mantle in lieu of Cuch/Etoile.
By Mirvana 2010-07-09 11:12:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The only huge upgrade I'd prioritize at 75 is Rajas Ring. Normally I'd say Dusk Ledelsens and work on a pair of haste pants (relic/ASA), but Aurore legs and feet are the way to go once you hit 78 so it's probably better to just grind out 3 levels and get some cruor/buy them off the AH. Other upgrades to look at are a higher acc neck, Suppanomimi, and a STR/attack mantle in lieu of Cuch/Etoile.

I have Rajas (not sure why i dont wear it on DNC tbh, guess just brainfarting on this one), Suppa requires redoing DM, and my LS is having some attendace issues lately so no JoL/dyna recently for torque/AFs...
Also atm most of my exp is coming from campaign due to time constraints, so doubt ima replace feet/legs til 78. Not sure if that alters other gear changes i should make or not (like getting 4th mantle until Etoile Cape).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-09 12:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Completely forgot about Fourth Mantle XD Just get what you can when you can, you clearly have a good idea of what you need to do.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-07-09 13:10:10
Link | Citer | R

Mirvana said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The only huge upgrade I'd prioritize at 75 is Rajas Ring. Normally I'd say Dusk Ledelsens and work on a pair of haste pants (relic/ASA), but Aurore legs and feet are the way to go once you hit 78 so it's probably better to just grind out 3 levels and get some cruor/buy them off the AH. Other upgrades to look at are a higher acc neck, Suppanomimi, and a STR/attack mantle in lieu of Cuch/Etoile.

I have Rajas (not sure why i dont wear it on DNC tbh, guess just brainfarting on this one), Suppa requires redoing DM, and my LS is having some attendace issues lately so no JoL/dyna recently for torque/AFs...
Also atm most of my exp is coming from campaign due to time constraints, so doubt ima replace feet/legs til 78. Not sure if that alters other gear changes i should make or not (like getting 4th mantle until Etoile Cape).

I wouldn't worry about a Skill Torque tbh if you're using dagger/sword combo, you should get PCC/PCA or Ancient Torque, best to give both weapons accuracy, less wiffs. Imo anyway.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-07-09 13:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Get a Tiphia sting or some other similar type of ammo. Also the Sharpeye mantle from Abyssea seems to drop really frequently, and it's 12 accuracy. This is of course if you can find some friends to help.