Forum » FFXI » General » Level 80 Merit Party Camps
Level 80 Merit Party Camps
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2010-06-30 03:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone gotten a good merit job to 80 and if so, have you found any good places to replace that ol' bird camp?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 03:45:46
Link | Citer | R

Nothing yet replaces bird camp. For the time being, the bets exp is just finding someone to sync to 75
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-06-30 04:06:22
Link | Citer | R

A party in KRT yields around 12k/h at 75 if you are good. 76 and onwards KRT parties are less than 10k/h.

Promvie parties are slow aswell.

Mamools give decent exp. 15k+/h if you are 75.

Problems is that most mobs in ffxi cap around level 82-83, the highest I saw was lvl 84 Aerns in sea and some golems in sky.
Misareaux Coast Birds are supposed to be lvl 85+ but I never partied there so I cannot judge.
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Nothing yet replaces bird camp. For the time being, the bets exp is just finding someone to sync to 75
/threat

Kinda "sucks" making level 99+ if there are no normal mobs that are 85+... does SE want us leveling of Vrtra?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 04:08:02
Link | Citer | R

The birds over tavnazia way is ok. But god do they hit hard and *** you up. Xp dies before 80 though so usually just resync with other people going 75+
[+]
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-30 04:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Keeping BRD @75 for this very reason. THF is going to be a *** to level to 80, let alone 99 lol ; ;
[+]
 Unicorn.Roxanna
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-06-30 05:10:44
Link | Citer | R

I am almost positive they'll add more mobs to old zones with each update. Just wish they'd add more zones for ya'll to level in.
 Asura.Isiolia
Serveur: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-06-30 08:48:02
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Roxanna said:
I am almost positive they'll add more mobs to old zones with each update. Just wish they'd add more zones for ya'll to level in.

Knowing SE, they'll add level 105 Soulflayers and Dahaks in.

'course, they -could- actually fix the MMM congestion issues instead of pretend like changing the JP midnight changeover will solve the problems there. Technically, mobs there scale, so it'd be good XP through 99...though limited, and currently subject to horrendous lag/congestion issues with even a moderate number of people doing MMM.

Or just start giving meaningful XP from most any activity...though that would cut down on grind, and we can't have that now can we?
 Sylph.Akibakei
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-30 08:53:39
Link | Citer | R

Spiders in Phomania Aqueducts? They are very high lvl and someone told me that they are still IT at 80.
[+]
By Jumeya 2010-06-30 08:55:26
Link | Citer | R

MMM mobs are always dependent on the level you entered in Sanitation team Alpha, thus, always a viable exp option and circumvents the problem with camps being open or not.

Now if only SE could get instancing right instead of having a huge clog where no one can enter while there's a group in the lobby.
 Sylph.Mayeh
user: Mayeh
By Sylph.Mayeh 2010-06-30 12:37:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Akibakei said:
Spiders in Phomania Aqueducts? They are very high lvl and someone told me that they are still IT at 80.
Sickle Slash for over 1 K. We had two deaths in 8 minutes. Not sure if this Sickle Slash is blocked by shadows. I was subbing WAR.
[+]
 Odin.Ravax
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2010-06-30 12:45:12
Link | Citer | R

There's a fly camp north of the bomb mob island in Riverne A. I haven't gone back as 80, yet, but they were conning VT-IT at 78. Lots of AoE damage gave us problems at first until the Whm moved in with the melee to make use of Misery and Cura. Island is completely clearable if DDs are too strong, though
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 12:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Mayeh said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:
Sickle Slash for over 1 K. We had two deaths in 8 minutes. Not sure if this Sickle Slash is blocked by shadows. I was subbing WAR.
That and spiderweb. Aoe slow that overwrites haste is *** annoying.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-30 12:57:41
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Mayeh said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:
It is blocked. I lead a test PT down there and we synced to 75 and did ok aside a few deaths when sickle came with downed shadows. Setup was PLD BLU SAM SAM WAR and RDM and it worked out fairly well. Might be TP burnable 78-80? (This was in the Sacrarium)

They are also in the Ducts but the best camp for those is past an Iron Gate, did those with 4-5 unsynced and I blood tanked /WAR in turtle gear capping just over 700 DEF and 150 VIT and was getting 700ish Sickles capping at 900. That was with PLD DRK(d/ced) DNC WHM and SAM and went fairly well for a messing around. WHM was 70 but didn't have many issues, everyone else was 75+ and had one death when SAM took hate and ate a 1.2k Sickle.

Highest Sickle I've seen was a 1.8k on our WAR >_>

Oh and yeah that slow is annoying as hell, but fairly manageble and erasble as well. Hardly noticed it was around.
 Caitsith.Lightwarrior
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Lightwarrior 2010-06-30 13:26:30
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Let us gain exp in dynamis!

I agree.

Perhaps they could do what they do in Abyssea. NMs are like the "glowing" mobs that give extra xp over the others.
 Sylph.Akibakei
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-30 13:45:19
Link | Citer | R

\
Sylph.Mayeh said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

well maybe we should stop trying to TP burn everything and get a real tank. NIN can tank the ***outta spiders.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-06-30 13:53:03
Link | Citer | R

I really wish we could actually get any kind of decent xp in some of the instance areas. I'd actually go to dynamis if we could make even what is the equivilant to a 10k/hr party... I mean the least that would do is make it so dying a few times wouldn't delevel you. And if you don't die much you'd make 10k xp or something.
 Titan.Xantavia
Serveur: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-06-30 16:30:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Akibakei said:
\
Sylph.Mayeh said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

well maybe we should stop trying to TP burn everything and get a real tank. NIN can tank the ***outta spiders.

This is what I would love to see. Open up parties to a wider number of jobs, based on what they can do, instead of strictly on who can hit the biggest WS numbers.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-06-30 16:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Xantavia said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

This is what I would love to see. Open up parties to a wider number of jobs, based on what they can do, instead of strictly on who can hit the biggest WS numbers.
[+]
 Alexander.Kryptonitic
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Kryptonitic 2010-06-30 16:47:51
Link | Citer | R

How about they bring out some lvl 88 Mandies with auto haste so people NEED a pld tank, then have them resistant to Elegy and lullaby so it's not all about the brd, as well as resistant to everything except skillchains and magic bursts. My god..... a party of Pld,Rdm,Sam,Thf,War,Blm.... It'd never catch on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-30 16:52:34
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Kryptonitic said:
How about they bring out some lvl 88 Mandies with auto haste so people NEED a pld tank, then have them resistant to Elegy and lullaby so it's not all about the brd, as well as resistant to everything except skillchains and magic bursts. My god..... a party of Pld,Rdm,Sam,Thf,War,Blm.... It'd never catch on.
Lol'd. I guess it's safe to say, Them there youngin's just don 'ike ta chang'
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-06-30 16:58:41
Link | Citer | R

I tried a pt on the spiders in sacrarium, went good until we killed all 8, then had to wait 7 mins for repops. They have 15 min repop or something stupid and only 8 or so pops.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maxz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: LQCH6027
By Carbuncle.Maxz 2010-06-30 17:17:31
Link | Citer | R

at level 80 abyysea yields very good exp for a pt of 6 was gettin around 15k no band this morning off the tigers and bunnys in la'thaine
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-30 17:28:09
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:
I tried a pt on the spiders in sacrarium, went good until we killed all 8, then had to wait 7 mins for repops. They have 15 min repop or something stupid and only 8 or so pops.
North and south corners (where some TW Tauri roam) near Keremet each have 7 pops, you can move between the two for fairly constant kills but it's still a nasty little camp due to Spider Web and Sickle Slash.

Everyone who keeps suggesting ridiculously hard EXP targets is forgetting that an ideal merit camp involves very high EXP/hr. If you want to make a traditional party with friends then knock yourselves out, but burn-type EXP and merits is here to stay.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-30 17:31:09
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing you did the room. The trick for the Spiders in Sacrarium is to go to the back near Keremet and use the two camps back there. We were killing one area and then jumped to the next and was able to alternate between them with no down time at all.

Do keep an eye out as there was EP elementals spawning on both sides that did aggro, didn't last long against us though when we did aggro on. Might be able to chain them in there as well.
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-06-30 17:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Anyone asserting that Promy camps are slow was likely there with a really shitty party setup at 75.

20k/hour with DDx3 (two handers), COR, BRD, & RDM @76.

Any camp is ***with a bad mix of jobs played by underwhelming peeps or at the wrong level of course.
[+]
By Nadrojj 2010-06-30 18:17:53
Link | Citer | R

I was there at 75 with pretty much your same set up except I was ranger. We didn't come close to 20k an hour, you guys must have a magical camp spot.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-06-30 20:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
I'm guessing you did the room. The trick for the Spiders in Sacrarium is to go to the back near Keremet and use the two camps back there. We were killing one area and then jumped to the next and was able to alternate between them with no down time at all.

Do keep an eye out as there was EP elementals spawning on both sides that did aggro, didn't last long against us though when we did aggro on. Might be able to chain them in there as well.
Ah yeah I was in the room at the start. Didn't see the spiders farther in. Might go back there then next time if all the misereaux coast/colibri/mamool/aern camps are taken again. lol
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-30 20:54:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
I'm guessing you did the room. The trick for the Spiders in Sacrarium is to go to the back near Keremet and use the two camps back there. We were killing one area and then jumped to the next and was able to alternate between them with no down time at all. Do keep an eye out as there was EP elementals spawning on both sides that did aggro, didn't last long against us though when we did aggro on. Might be able to chain them in there as well.
Ah yeah I was in the room at the start. Didn't see the spiders farther in. Might go back there then next time if all the misereaux coast/colibri/mamool/aern camps are taken again. lol
If your doing it at 75 have all melees (hell any mages too) /NIN and keep shadows up at all times. My current thoughts is to just bounce hate around the DDs but if your going to try and tank it NIN is probably the only one that could do it.

77-80 You can maybe TP burn it as normal but that as yet to be seen~
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-06-30 22:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Anyone not subbing NIN in the promy camps is killing your exp. Level 76 is the sweet spot with chains greater than 60. No magic camp, nothing special... Just DDs with shadows , two support (COR or BRD) and a good healer (RDM is nice).

If you were able to get good exp on birds, you should be getting similar (but not quite as fast) exp on promy mobs.

If you're pulling in 8-10k per hour, there's something wrong with your party. Or you're grinding with friends and you don't care. Either way, high exp rates are possible and it's not rocket science.
First Page 2