Chloris & The Two-Leaf Chloris Bud.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Chloris & the Two-Leaf Chloris Bud.
Chloris & the Two-Leaf Chloris Bud.
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2010-07-08 09:06:22
Link | Citer | R

So I don't really know anything about Abyssea, seeing as I've only tried it once after just arriving back from a 5 week trip to Greece. But from reading this, the item we need to update Oathkeeper into Rhongomiant comes from the 'final' boss of an area, as in the NM at the top of the heirachy.

Now is it me or do dragoons continuously get shafted for gear like this? If you want a love torque, you need to kill Jailer of Love, who's top of the sea heirachy (ignoring AV). If you want a valkyrie's fork, you have to kill Odin, final boss of Einherjar. If you want homam, you need to kill Omega, top of the apollyon heirachy. You see where I'm going with this. I see a trend occuring here...
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-08 09:08:31
Link | Citer | R

It's not just DRG, it's all Empyreal weapons. Different NM for different weapon, but they're all same rank I believe.
 Valefor.Madranta
Serveur: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2010-07-13 01:40:44
Link | Citer | R

Unless there are multiple ways to spawn Chloris, then according to the Wiki, the info on popping him seen earlier in this thread is wrong. The page was just added and states this: "Spawned by trading a Veinous Hecteyes Eyelid, Torn Bat Wing, Gory Scorpion Claw and a Mossy Adamantoise Shell to the ??? between (H-8) and (I-8) in Abyssea - Tahrongi"

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Chloris

Assuming this is true... the requirements for popping him just got even worse than we thought. 3 of those items needed to pop him are possible drops from NMs that require multiple pop items themselves, some of those pop items even come from NMs that require single pop items. The 4th is from the NM Chukwa which will probably be heavily camped because he drops the Creed Collar, an amazing new neck piece for PLD.

On the bright side, at least the lower tier NMs have some pretty good drops themselves.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-13 02:37:38
Link | Citer | R

Chukwa's repop is about 30 minutes, and I've never seen it not up and free. Especially if you go in a good time of the day, it should be easy to claim. You could easily kill it twice in one session if you kill it first, pop the other NMs, then go back and kill again if you didn't get key item. I went 1/1 on the key item from Chukwa, but I haven't popped any of the other NMs (I went 1/1 on Adze and 0/2 on Minhocao, so they seem to be a pretty decent drop rate in general). Make sure the person you want to pop Chloris is the one that claims/pops the NMs, otherwise they won't get the key item. And yeah, I thought I had read Overgrown Flower came from Gancanagh, my bad ;(

With the drop rate, if you spend 7 or 8 stones each week solely for Chloris, I think you could pop it once a week pretty easily. Maybe two every three weeks with bad key item luck. So it actually looks a lot better than when I thought you needed to pop Glavoid to get to Chloris. But again, you need to have a linkshell or small, capable group who is willing to dedicate 50 or so weeks for your weapon (and Chukwa's the only key item NM that drops anything too great, assuming you buy all the triggers for key item NMs).

Here's a nice chart for the NMs:
http://clarencedesu.podgytechie.com/Spira/Abyssea/spiraabystahrov07.jpg

Spira has some really great reference charts for the other areas as well (and for a lot of other events than Abyssea).
 Asura.Shinagami
Serveur: Asura
user: Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-07-13 04:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Swisha said:
and maybe sell my soul to get my buds...
I sell my soul to get buds all the time...irl >_>;
 Cerberus.Jogiyat
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Jogikat
By Cerberus.Jogiyat 2010-07-13 04:44:45
Link | Citer | R

You can get the key items randomly via Big Gold chests when your xping in the zone also. We've already gotten 4-5 pop sets this way not even including the ones you get from the NMs in the zone.

Hades.Eliane
Serveur: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-07-13 05:50:20
Link | Citer | R

The way to pop it has been known for a while. Or by saying way to pop it, one of two possible ways it might pop.

2 ??? requiring four key items from NMs are left unpopped as of present. Assuming looking at the Overgrown Mandy Bud and Chipped Sandworm Tooth items also, those 2 ??? through process of elimination pop both or either Chloris and Glavoid (again assuming Glavoid is the sandworm mob).

The ??? requiring the Tooth and Bud is thought to pop Iritham(sp?), the mean looking mob on the abyssea wiki page that pictures Tahrongi.

Tooth coming from Glavoid, Bud from Chloris