Planning for Perle
 Phoenix.Juggalo
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-27 13:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Hi all,

So I just hit DRG75 about week or two before the big update. I'm only on Floor 26 so I spent most of the time trying to hitch a ride on some Nyzul floor bosses for some Askar gear.

I held off on buying stuff just before the update in case there was a big swing in pricing and so now I am looking ahead on how to make the most of my DRG. I noticed the Perle gear and I'm not really sure what's worth getting (and in what order). I'm now about to be DRG80 see some now popping up on AH so it has me wondering if I should splurge or if there are other routes to go instead.

Anyways, here is the current state of my gear sets.
WS set (Penta Thrust for Piercing, Wheeling Thrust for else. No Drakesbane yet).

Here's what I TP in:

I don't have a Salvage group or a steady ZNM group, so Ares and Aurum gear are out of my reach right now. I'd love to get the Nocturne set, and am ready to go for that, but it's not available and hasn't been for a while. There's also Zahak's Mail, which I almost have enough gil to buy, but then like I said I waited to see if I should put money towards that or something else - especially if I can buy Perle Hauberk off AH (if it's better).

So what are your thoughts on Perle gear for my DRG? Any pieces I should get in place of what I have above for each item set?

Thanks for your advice!
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-27 13:45:23
Link | Citer | R

Legs have haste+2% which would be an improvement to your TP set if you can't get blitz legs/homam.

Edit: They also have acc+10, DEX+5 and some VIT making them nice penta/drakes legs as well as jump legs if you don't need the tp from Barone.

Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-27 13:46:45
Link | Citer | R

I would definitely get the perle pants..they've got 5 dex 5 vit 10 friggin acc and 2 haste (think like +2 enmity as well)..they are a very nice sub for homam if you can't get those, and in some cases might even be better for the loss of 1% haste. Zahak's Mail is definitely going to be better for Drakesbane (or Penta *ninja edit*) over the Perle Hauberk, but its definitely a great item to use instead (considering on my server the perle hauberk is only like 1m and Zahak's is still like 2M+ or 3M)

edit: lol as i was typing and thinking out my response, a similiar sentiment was posted...so there ya go hehe
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-27 13:47:18
Link | Citer | R

You'd see the most return getting perle pants first. Homam are still better but getting the haste in that slot will help you a lot. You should probably also pick up a blitz ring. Those dusk gloves are still better than perle hands, and homam feet are still better than perle feet.

I'm not sure what's on your body, but if it's not store TP then I think you're missing a 6 hit which means you should probably get one. You can use Rose strap I believe or askar body.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-27 13:52:10
Link | Citer | R

also for WSs you might want the perle celata...i mean its got 5 STR on it and some dex i think (or just get a wyvern helm)
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-06-27 14:15:21
Link | Citer | R

by next update this gear be obsolete just wait
[+]
 Phoenix.Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-27 14:27:54
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the quick replies! I did forget to mention, but yes, my ACP Body actually has Accuracy +10/Attack +10. But I see now, if I got those Perle legs, then I could definitely replace the Acc+10 on the ACP Body w/ a Store TP+ mod instead... just need to repeat the final fight!

I'm on final mission of both ASA and MKE, not sure what to pick for augments on those, but I had forgotten about those pieces when compared to Perle. Looks like you guys factored them in, though.

And I'm 2nd in line in my LS for Homam gear at the moment. Everyone is going for Legs, including me, so I've got a way to go on that (at the very least, two more Omega fights).

Thanks for the heads-up about the Wyvern Helm - I'll definitely pick that up and throw it into my WS. I have a Rose Strap but still use a Pole Grip for now... no Askar anything at the moment :/
 Asura.Railock
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Railock 2010-06-27 14:46:09
Link | Citer | R

I think the feet are good if you dont have N.feet. Just -1 STR and none of the slow.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-27 20:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Hi all,

So I just hit DRG75 about week or two before the big update. I'm only on Floor 26 so I spent most of the time trying to hitch a ride on some Nyzul floor bosses for some Askar gear.

I held off on buying stuff just before the update in case there was a big swing in pricing and so now I am looking ahead on how to make the most of my DRG. I noticed the Perle gear and I'm not really sure what's worth getting (and in what order). I'm now about to be DRG80 see some now popping up on AH so it has me wondering if I should splurge or if there are other routes to go instead.

Anyways, here is the current state of my gear sets.
WS set (Penta Thrust for Piercing, Wheeling Thrust for else. No Drakesbane yet).

Here's what I TP in:

I don't have a Salvage group or a steady ZNM group, so Ares and Aurum gear are out of my reach right now. I'd love to get the Nocturne set, and am ready to go for that, but it's not available and hasn't been for a while. There's also Zahak's Mail, which I almost have enough gil to buy, but then like I said I waited to see if I should put money towards that or something else - especially if I can buy Perle Hauberk off AH (if it's better).

So what are your thoughts on Perle gear for my DRG? Any pieces I should get in place of what I have above for each item set?

Thanks for your advice!

First thing you should aim for is a 6-hit, IMO atleast. Once you've done that I think you can really start haste building. Personally I love the idea of TPing in Perle Hauberk. The new goading belt RLY helps a non-askar 6-hit. But until someone figures out to how to get one get a rose strap until until you get askar body.

Other then that O-o

TP
Everything looks good. Get the legs for haste until you get homam. Get Askar body to start up you 6-hit career and you should be gold. Blitz ring also if you can spare ulthalum's for it.

WS
For wheeling keep barone until you eventually get Aurum legs :D. Use wyvern helm also, 2str vs 5str :). I suppose you can use alky's since you're mithra ;o.....

Other then that.. minor tweaks with some rare/ex gear will put you where you want to be
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-06-27 20:47:51
Link | Citer | R

ASA legs 2 str 2 vit 3 haste 7 acc ide go for that way you can skip homam and get something more usefull out of your work in your ls and can skip perle legs.

Than agian if you can think of a better use for them for a diff job by all means go for it, but if not the ASA legs are superior to both perle and homam.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-27 21:06:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm no drg but you might want to replace the Alkyoneus's Bracelets with something else.

At least for my sam I dont use them for penta.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-27 22:41:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:
I'm no drg but you might want to replace the Alkyoneus's Bracelets with something else.

At least for my sam I dont use them for penta.

Yeah, I was using them on my SAM and just kind of kept them on DRG, but I know what you mean. I need a good Hands piece in place of that, but the STR rocks.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-27 22:47:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Than agian if you can think of a better use for them for a diff job by all means go for it, but if not the ASA legs are superior to both perle and homam.

Perle is still great for Drakesbane.
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-06-28 00:03:54
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

Perle is still great for Drakesbane.

Well I was mostly talking about tp phase but ya I can agree they are nice for Drakes.
 Bismarck.Reiterpalasch
By Bismarck.Reiterpalasch 2010-06-28 03:42:08
Link | Citer | R

I made these up based mostly on what you've shown or what was in your equip history, so it should be very cheap/easy to upgrade:

TP:

Same as what you currently have.

Penta:

Took out STR and added some much needed acc. Being a multi hit ws you're going to want to make capped acc your top priority before anything else. This holds true for drakesbane as well, so don't just stack STR when you finally get it!.

Wheeling:

Swapped a few pieces for more STR. It's a 1 hit ws so you aren't going to need any acc for it (unless the update added some crazy high eva mob I haven't learned about yet?)

If you haven't started yet, work towards hecatomb gear. Hands/feet/body are pretty easy to get with a good group. The new perle gear looks great for TP/WS depending on the piece (and your wallet). I'd say make legs your #1 priority of the set though for now. I also recomend 15 acc, 4 STR / 4 AGI, WS damage +2% on the galea (this helps your SAM too)

Oh, and don't /NIN. It was bad at 75, it'll be even worse at 80.
[+]