First Page 2 3 4 5
By Flunklesnarkin 2010-06-27 12:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Alriath said:
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Besides added Cure potency and Regen III, what does WHM really have over SCH?

Afflatus Solace/Misery, Esuna, Auspice, Sacrifice, Repose, Haste, etc.
Don't forget Barwatera, since you want to list as many useless spells as you can.

SCH gets Stoneskinga, Erasega, Sleeps, and Haste now anyway. Sacrifice is just there to make Esuna suck less, and Auspice is generally only truly useful in parties where WHM wouldn't be invited in the first place. Cure V is almost never actually useful, and apparently neither is Cure VI.

It's true that I'm mainly speaking for LV75 rather than 80, but all mage jobs are going to be the same at 99 anyway.

Did you just call Afflatus, Esuna, Auspice, Sacrifice, and Repose useless?

Ent, why don't you just get the *** out of here already. For one, you've quit; stop trying to act like the biggest know it all, omniscient son of a *** over a game that you bash left and right. All you do around here is tell other people they're wrong and talk out of your ***.

/thread

I've found myself using cure V alot more often in the new exp camps that pull 30k exp an hour. I have no idea how a rdm would be able to keep up with that kind of dmg taken solo. Mobs that do random 1K + dmg but they are squishy at least.

Baraera is a definite must with whm relic legs and blessed briault. If i read it right.. rdm barspells aren't accesionble either. Also shell V + merits .

A rdm probably could heal the new exp camps but they would have a hard time with just cure 4 and a lot less cure potency gear. Wrong tp move twice in a row and cure 4 wouldn't be enough.

Sure any job with haste can keep up a lolibri party hasted and healthy. That doesn't make them a good healer tho.

Birds have to be the most boring ***in the game.. haste times 6 and occasional cure III.

Im not going to argue about mp management because its pointless. The math is out there for you to make your own conclusion. Regardless of the math though, many healers dont play their jobs well so it comes down to the player.

[+]
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-27 12:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Rogueleader said:
I agree with you willoflame, i mentioned that earlier. But it takes time to cast sacrifice, run in range, and then esuna. Its much more efficient to just stay within range and absorb them naturally, less the mob does decent aoe dmg or has silence, then either do you're strag, or manually debuff

Haha yeah, it does take time! It's not bad though, there aren't too many AoE's that can completely break a whm with stoneskin up in one shot. And if there is, then DD shouldn't be there either :P. It's also hard to stay in range and still get ballad. That'd have to be either perfect positioning every time, or a lolmelee whm.
 Siren.Miayoko
Serveur: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-06-27 12:21:45
Link | Citer | R

Funkle I did a new XP camp as a lone RDM last night. Well, I had a bard. But, no. It is beyond hard. And we really needed my WHM there but we were already competing for mobs so I didn't have time to go change. I can tell you that my WHM would have definitely been a hell of a lot more useful than my RDM and SCH combined.

Edit: Personal preference on the MP management. Then again I usually duo and my boyfriend is an MP ***.
By ReverendC 2010-07-09 11:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Well time moves on, and I have spoken to some on this server, No one makes BLM parties, for some reason. WHM? They want RDM over WHM, So I guess it's time to change main job, because at this rate, other jobs will be level 99, by the time I hit 77 LOL. And no I am no troll. On the average, I spend 6 - 8 hours per day seeking. My crafting has gone up, along with my fishing skills. So in my opinion, on Gilga server, no sense beating a dead horse, give up on WHM and BLM . LOL I know it is bad when I see a level 75 WHM trying to solo, at Cape Terrigan.
 Sylph.Dmhlucky
Serveur: Sylph
user: Dmhlucky
By Sylph.Dmhlucky 2010-07-09 11:37:48
Link | Citer | R

I use cure 5 on a fairly often basis, especially in Dyna.

Many of the dyna mobs can have cruel TP moves, or use nasty spells. A ninja expoldes? Cure 5 the tank and they don't die. A hexeye paralyzes everyone and cures get para'd Cure 5 can be a life saver. Fairy Ring? Spam Cure 5 and 4 on their recast timers.

Even without maxed cure cast timers, with just cure clogs, whm can get pretty close to rdms casting times. You also have to factor in reaction time. If you have good reflexes, you can beat out a rdm with No cure cast time - merits or gear.

Regen is a wonderfully efficient HP restoreing tool. And with /Sch and AoE, its just amazing. Whm has haste, whm has raise 3, whm has shellra 5, Devo, Martyr, Barspells, Curagas.

When people say Sch is limited by their stratagems, if they are in nuke mode, and have to switch over to cures, they have to go Light arts, if they wanna use an AoE, its a stratagem, then a Potancy, its another stratagem, and if all of this happened right after they did Addendum black and an AoE Bind, they are out of stratagems. Whm has better potancy without the use of JA's. Whm has natural Curagas, which are wonderfully effecient even without penury.

Whm was Built for cureing. Honestly, if you can't get an invite as a healer, its possible, you are anon, or listed as away, because the Longest ive ever seeked on Whm was an hour, and thats because it was after an Update, and people were doing other things.

And also, having no Rep, is just as bad as having a bad rep, If you get a good name as a whm, you'll be scooped up first, Whm is not like Brd, in that you'll be invited if you have the job leveled. You do need a fair ammount of reputation, and once you build that up, you'll be fighting the invites off. People will take a bad Rdm over a unknown Whm, but a good whm will typically beat out a good rdm in a bird merit party in terms of invites.

Also, why is it bad when you see a whm soloing? We have the highest Weapon rateing of the core mages: Rdm, Blm, Whm, Sch, Smn and even Brd. We have the same weapon rateing as Dnc, and Clubs are very damaging weapons as well as the weapon skills are versatile. As /Sch we have access to nearly limitless Mp, especially if the target has Mp, like crabs in cape, or nearly every Mob in campaign. We have Mystic Boon to restore Mp as well, or Hexa Strike for heavier damage. We also have rather good defense, and in fact, more than several Melee jobs, and a Good shield rateing and access to genbu's shield, which offers PDT-10% and Evasion +10.

Or, pair whm with /Nin and a K club and watchthe sparks Fly. A meleeing Whm is nothing to laugh at, we can kill things faster then a melee sometimes with the right setup, no, we were not designed to do it, but we are the mose viable mage to do it, and we also have little downtime.

I solo quite often, just because i don't often have time to party and a quick page in cape T offers a total of about 1500 exp, for maybe 20 mins of work. Sure partying beats that, but if you only have a half hour to play, why not.
[+]
 Asura.Braego
Serveur: Asura
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-07-09 11:42:59
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:

[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-09 11:44:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Braego said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Cure VI
Protectra V and Shellra V
PROTECT V and SHELL V =P

and Holy

gotta love Holy
 Sylph.Pwrless
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrless 2010-07-09 11:47:04
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Afflatus Solace/Misery, Esuna, Auspice, Sacrifice, Repose, Haste, etc.
Don't forget Barwatera, since you want to list as many useless spells as you can. SCH gets Stoneskinga, Erasega, Sleeps, and Haste now anyway. Sacrifice is just there to make Esuna suck less, and Auspice is generally only truly useful in parties where WHM wouldn't be invited in the first place. Cure V is almost never actually useful, and apparently neither is Cure VI. It's true that I'm mainly speaking for LV75 rather than 80, but all mage jobs are going to be the same at 99 anyway.

Cure V is the most useful spell I got.

I always have/ma "Cure V" <t> followed by /wait 4 and then /ma "Haste" macro. Cure V has very low if not, NO EMNITY at all. I prefer Cure V over Cure III.

Same for /ma "silena" <t> /wait 4 /ma "Haste" <t>

/ma Regen III /wait 7 /ma "Cure III" useful of WAR provoker/leader

For the Barmagics,.. generally /ma "Barfira" /wait 4 /ma "Barsleepra" /wait 4 "Auspice"

You can copy/paste same macro on 3x diff slots and have your Barthundra followed by barparalyzra / auspice and so on (the barmagiks and the barstatus DO STACK)

and though WHM's have these curagas lvl 3 and 4, I always use Curaga lvl. 1 It comes very handy vs. sleepga with low emnity.

along with Devotion and Martyr macros.... the list goes on and on.

I think WHM is a very desirable/versatile job to have (I've done it for 5 years) but most importantly when you make your own party, nobody will tell you what subjob you need to have.

Fenrir.Arianna
Serveur: Fenrir
user: arianna
By Fenrir.Arianna 2010-07-09 12:06:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I always have/ma "Cure V" <t> followed by /wait 4 and then /ma "Haste" macro. Cure V has very low if not, NO EMNITY at all. I prefer Cure V over Cure III.

Same for /ma "silena" <t> /wait 4 /ma "Haste" <t>

What? I don't even...

Cure V has a static amount of enmity generated, it is not 0.

Why haste after every C5? :x
[+]
 Sylph.Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrless 2010-07-09 12:11:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Arianna said:
Quote:
I always have/ma "Cure V" <t> followed by /wait 4 and then /ma "Haste" macro. Cure V has very low if not, NO EMNITY at all. I prefer Cure V over Cure III. Same for /ma "silena" <t> /wait 4 /ma "Haste" <t>
What? I don't even... Cure V has a static amount of enmity generated, it is not 0. Why haste after every C5? :x

Comes in handy to Haste after a cure 5 or even after a silena. Use Tab key to Haste some1 else OR /heal to avoid using it. Its all up to the choice of the healer... but is good to have the macro set, JUST IN CASE.

The time saved by spending 1 minute spaming cure/haste/silena/barmagiks/etc... allow me to Sit my fat Tarutaru *** for 1 minute of un-interrupted /heal.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-09 12:15:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah... I'll stick to my separate cure / haste macros.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-07-09 12:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Macros are for pussys. Hardcore players use the menu to cast spells.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-09 12:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Yeah... I'll stick to my separate cure / haste macros.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-09 12:17:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said:
i used to do this until Einherjar laggyasshit then i just made macros which are just as laggy but easier / less stressful especially when the jerk(s) equipmentchange
[+]
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-07-09 12:26:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said:

Have fun XP 80-120K XP in nyzule Isle hitting the menu 5,000 times. I use macros on all my jobs (main Pwrlessgirl) the same way I use a computer Macro to sort large contents of Data on a single key stroke. Its my choice.

But if you like the manual stuff, is your choice and it doesn't make you any better player. If you like, you can also try swapping Armor manually when WS and see if it works... Hell why don't you grab a typewriter and throw your computer away.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-07-09 12:26:55
Link | Citer | R

I don't think WHM is useless, but I do think it's very overrated. It really of irritates me how so many people think that no job other than WHM can main heal at an event because they're not called a "White Mage." I see it happen all the time where people will even take the shittiest WHM ever to main heal instead of an exceptional SCH just because the SCH is a SCH and not a WHM.

I also see people raving all the time about how they "need" a WHM to do whatever when in fact a good RDM or SCH would suffice or even do better depending on the situation. Of course there are some situations where a WHM is ideal, but I don't think any specific one of the three healer classes is actually 100% needed to do anything in this game. In my opinion it's the person playing the job that makes all the difference, not the job itself.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-09 12:27:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Pwrlessgirl said:
Asura.Dameshi said:

Have fun XP 80-120K XP in nyzule Isle hitting the menu 5,000 times. I use macros on all my jobs (main Pwrlessgirl) the same way you use a computer Macro to sort large contents of Data on a single key stroke. Its my choice.

But if you like the manual stuff, is your choice and it doesn't make you any better player. If you like, you can also try swapping Armor / weapons manually when WS and see if it works... Hell why don't you grab a typewriter and throw your computer away.

[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-07-09 12:32:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Pwrlessgirl said:
Asura.Dameshi said:

Have fun XP 80-120K XP in nyzule Isle hitting the menu 5,000 times. I use macros on all my jobs (main Pwrlessgirl) the same way I use a computer Macro to sort large contents of Data on a single key stroke. Its my choice.

But if you like the manual stuff, is your choice and it doesn't make you any better player. If you like, you can also try swapping Armor / weapons manually when WS and see if it works... Hell why don't you grab a typewriter and throw your computer away.
I think your sarcasm meter is broken. You should go get it fixed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2010-07-09 13:05:39
Link | Citer | R

---===Insert Title for Wall of Text here===--- :D

I've been a mainjob WHM for as long as I've been playing FF, and yes its not as easy to get a PT as other mage jobs like SCH or RDM due to the MP conservation. However, SE has released plenty of ways to get exp that its not that big of a deal. I got WHM 75-80 in a fairly reasonable time, without subbing SCH (I understand SCH is a great sub I've just been lazy levelling it so I just stuck to /SMN or /BLM, though now that i'm 80 I'll be playing around with /RDM for convert and fastcast).

Abyssea- I got WHM77-80 in 1 Abyssea run, in a full alliance farming for cruor, with the use of time-extension chests; and even capped my lvl 80 exp buffer. This was a situation where WHM did great, even though I was /BLM; I had plenty of refreshers, and because the mobs were dying so fast I was able to cast Cure4 without fear of drawing hate (where in a normal LS / Endgame situation I'd never risk taking hate). It was slow at the start, with each mob giving about 130exp for a full alliance of 18; but after about an hour the mobs were giving almost 300/kill and died faster than a standard exp mob. Also, there are EXP chests that dropped that were rewarding 1250EXP each.

Campaign- While not the most fun thing to do, Campaign isnt completely dead. It beats sitting in Whitegate with your flag up getting 0EXP/Hour.

Point to Wall of Text- While in a standard exp PT, WHM might not be able to keep up as great as a RDM or SCH, its still entirely possible to get EXP, and its still one of the best endgame healers possible. And in the event that one of the SAMs gets WS-happy on an HNM and takes hate and dies.... well, what other job can Raise3?
[+]
 Fairy.Muerte
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-07-09 13:21:00
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Pwrlessgirl said:
Asura.Dameshi said:

Have fun XP 80-120K XP in nyzule Isle hitting the menu 5,000 times. I use macros on all my jobs (main Pwrlessgirl) the same way you use a computer Macro to sort large contents of Data on a single key stroke. Its my choice.

^this a thousand times
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-09 13:40:02
Link | Citer | R

ReverendC said:
I thought a few years ago, when for weeks, I could not find a PT with WHM, that is was useless. I stuck with it though, and did what I could. I made 75, but recent events have made me go back to my opinion. I spent many hours seeking a PT and no one invited, I would guess this validates my opinion. Guess it is time to chang my main job, to some DD, so that someday, I will make it to at least 76 LOL, because as WHM I don't see that happening, anytime soon. Of course, I would think LS's have their own WHM's and have no need of a freelance. The LS's I have found so far are pathetic... unwilling to help level, unless it is the "select" few, that are close friends. Well enuf said LOL time for me to level some other job, maybe PLD.
were you /anon?
 Fairy.Muerte
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-07-09 13:41:35
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
ReverendC said:
I thought a few years ago, when for weeks, I could not find a PT with WHM, that is was useless. I stuck with it though, and did what I could. I made 75, but recent events have made me go back to my opinion. I spent many hours seeking a PT and no one invited, I would guess this validates my opinion. Guess it is time to chang my main job, to some DD, so that someday, I will make it to at least 76 LOL, because as WHM I don't see that happening, anytime soon. Of course, I would think LS's have their own WHM's and have no need of a freelance. The LS's I have found so far are pathetic... unwilling to help level, unless it is the "select" few, that are close friends. Well enuf said LOL time for me to level some other job, maybe PLD.
were you /anon?

And did you have a subjob?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-09 13:45:09
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Muerte said:
ReverendC said:
were you /anon?

And a cure spell?
By ReverendC 2010-07-09 13:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Unlike some may think, if I seek, I do not go AFK, or am I anon, I sit and wait, while crafting or fishing. It just seems on Gilga, that parties are slim pickings, and the LS's that I have found are totally useless, LMAO, only way they can do Dyna is with 55 - 60 people, otherwise, we wipe in the easiest of the cities, 5 - 10 times. I am seriously considering leaving Gilga, for my old server. Only reason I came here was to help out a real life friend, who isn't on now...

But I do notice one thing interesting, almost no one, from Gilga made any comments. Guess most are noob's here, and have never been on a better server LOL.
 Fairy.Muerte
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-07-09 13:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Fairy.Muerte said:
ReverendC said:
were you /anon?

And a cure spell?

I'm sure he did, when you start the game they give you Cure if you pick WHM. And he sounds hardcore so he probably wanted to get that free scroll of Cure.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-09 13:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Muerte said:
I'm sure he did, when you start the game they give you Cure if you pick WHM. And he sounds hardcore so he probably wanted to get that free scroll of Cure.
Ah, a valid point. I chose WAR initially, so I had to buy my scroll.
 Fairy.Muerte
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-07-09 13:53:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Fairy.Muerte said:

That's pretty intense. Probably cost you a pretty penny.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-07-09 13:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Fairy.Muerte said:
I chose MNK initially, so I said '*** it, I'm not wasting my gil on Cure.' To this day, I do not have Cure.
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-07-09 14:05:46
Link | Citer | R

That cure 5 is useless opinion is very silly, as a few have said. Being in end game, I use cure 5 48% of the time. The rest is cure 3's. I've spent a lot of time and gil stacking MND so my cure 5 would recover a lot if needed. And it has been needed. A lot. I don't even cast cure 4 except for in zergs. I've pulled hate with my cure 4 in my -50 ENM set.

Some may disagree, but cure 4 really isn't needed. That's the useless spell (for whm), if you ask me. Nice for zergs (much like the new cure 6, for now). My cure 3's recover 288 HP, my cure 5's recover 1019. Then add in curaga's, and now being able to accession regen 3, which is something SCH still doesn't have. And if merited, can obviously do even more and save even more MP.

I've never seen a SCH replace a WHM as a healer for anything that counts. Ein, no. Dyna, no. Sky, no. Just about anything end game, no. Merit parties, sure. They mainly stick to nuking and crowd control.

In the last shell I helped run, a SCH tried to prove he could out heal me in ein. Everything accounted for. Barspells, regen, phalanx, him using that thing that gives him 50% potency every like.. minute?

I won. In the end he said "my strategems are what screwed me over." If he was able to use his strategems more often, it would have came really close. Most probably would have exceeded the average geared WHM.

There's a lot SCH can do that WHM can't do, and there's a lot WHM can do that SCH can't do. Main healing better than a good WHM is something a SCH can't do.

Even as far as -na's go. In some cases he would have to accession poisona, then accession erase, etc. While I would just stand in range and esuna 3 or more things off, just like that. And then he didn't have enough charges left to penury cure. Or do anything really.
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-07-09 14:27:21
Link | Citer | R

In the end I have come to think it's not so much about who is "best" but having a group of ppl who compliment each other.

WHM is an amazing healer. If for whatever reason ***hits the fan a RDM, SCH and other jobs could share the healing load, everyone wins.

DNC is one of the most amazing healers and co-tanks in the game.

SMN and PUP can both switch between physical and magical dmg.

It's all about versatility and team work.

Doing whatever needs to be done.

Who is best is not an individual, it is the team that works together and wins whatever they choose to do.