Trial Isatu > Enchu
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-06-26 00:10:35
Link | Citer | R

What the best:

Occ.Att.Twice high DMG low Delay (36/232)
(good for TP and weapon skill often)

Occ.Att 2-3 Times low DMG High Delay (23/242)
(good for TP and WS more often)

Double Attack +7 High DMG High Delay (46/242)
(good for TP and WS (but the high delay on it...))

Does the OAT better than the 2-3 Times? (the 2-3 times look to be the easiest to obtain in solo, but long way to get it).

Well, another questions is: what in main if you got choice:

Hochomasamune or Kannagi ?

I guess for the +10 DEX and extra fast cast i'd go Hochomasamune (but didnt know how to get it yet).

What to main and sub ?

What are you planning to get when you dont have gils for Relic/Mythic ?!

i'm still asking me if i should go 2 dual Physical Damage Taken -8% katana once i've done Evasion one and Kannagi/Enchu. they probably be better than staff on next lvl and it's a gain of DMG (enmity).

Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-06-26 20:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Personally i plan to go with the OA2-3 katana as an off hand. Wouldnt use this all the time though it will be situational just like soboro is to a sam.

If the mob is weak then throw it on for the extra tp gain but if its strong and moster tp is an issue your gunna want a second off hand katana probably the Hochomasamune although im sure thats a bit ridiculous to get so my aim is for evasion katana after i finish with kannagi and multi hit.

A little thing which could be fun if nothing else is you can dual weild the 3 hit and the 2 hit as long as you finish the 3 hit then start a new one on 2 hit it just wont update all the way... kinda pointless due to low damage but would be fun to see.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-06-27 00:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Dont forget we have a strong subtle blow, i think you can main hand Oa2-3 time katana all the time.

you cant dual wield them, they are same weapon rare/ex, just different augment.
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-06-27 13:29:33
Link | Citer | R

It would be the Enchu and and Isatu you would be dualing which is why I said it would be too weak. Even with the subtle blow i think it would add up in alot of situations and the base damage could be an issue at times.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-27 13:34:11
Link | Citer | R

The Single Best option is to get the Mainhand Double attack weapon first, complete it all the way to Enchu.

Then, Get the OAT High Damage Isatu. You lose 2 damage or so from not upgrading, but the Massive Double attack bonus and damage from the new mainhand weapon, coupled with the still amazing DoT for the new offhand, creates hands-down the most balldroping combo this side of Kikoku.

For clarity, at the end of this cycle, you will have

Mainhand: Enchu
Offhand : Isatu

So the Rare/ex doesn't come into play there as long as you complete the Enchu Double Attack first.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Lye
By Lye 2010-08-11 14:20:54
Link | Citer | R

DA enchu/ hochomasamune.

If you have the relic at 80

Kikoku/ DA enchu for non solo

Kikoku/ hochomasamune solo tank

I've tried to reason this so many times. The DA enchu, I just completed and am so happy with the results. DA can proc on both weapons, ws's, and has nearly unbeatable damage. For what I play nin for, I try to keep my damage/mob tp ratio as high as possible. Save your oat and oa2-3 for / dnc.
By Antisense 2010-08-11 16:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Are you sure DA can proc on both weapons?

I'm not trying to nitpick, but since these weapons take time to upgrade and you already completed Enchu DA, evidence like a timestamped screenshot can be used to support the contention that DA works on both weapons.

Note: there was absolutely no good reason before this update to think DA could work on both weapons in a dual wield config because there was no DA ever on single-wield weapons aside from the Niokiyotsuna, and I doubt anyone ever checked for that katana.
 Siren.Delirium
Serveur: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-08-11 18:40:35
Link | Citer | R

i think the assumtion on the double attack weapons is that it applies to your base double attack rate.
 Cerberus.Oulanbator
By Cerberus.Oulanbator 2010-08-13 04:14:45
Link | Citer | R

I'd like a confirmation it works on both weapons too.
It would definitely make the DA+7 the best weapon for now (but they could change the DA to OAT with next updates, which would probably ruin it :/)
 Fenrir.Arsi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Arsi
By Fenrir.Arsi 2010-08-13 04:33:12
Link | Citer | R

think about the upcoming level cap...

unless SE allow you to add something on top on your already augmented Enchu,

The DA+7 one will become off hand only, while the OA2-3 will still serve the purpose of building TP.

And the OAT one? Meh...
 Lye
By Lye 2010-08-15 14:50:51
Link | Citer | R

I've not parsed my results with my DA enchu, but I've noticed an increase in the TP gain. The main difference I've observed so far was soloing a limbus floor in 27 minutes to 23.5 minutes.

I'm almost certain it procs on both weapons because I haven't noticed an increase in proc on main, but not on off hand. Overall, the procs seem consistent. I'll parse it sometime.

@ Arsi: I'd never mainhand the OA2-3. The damage is too low. Having seen what effect the High Damage on DA Enchu has, I'll never look back. Then again, I don't /dnc often.