Did Everyone Forget About This?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Did everyone forget about this?
Did everyone forget about this?
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-06-22 15:24:36
Link | Citer | R

This news article here for ffxi

New Trials (of the Magians) Await Ambitious Adventurers! (05/27/2010)

Mentions augmenting weapon skills this update. I have yet to see anything saying this was botched nor it being found so wth!
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-22 15:25:45
Link | Citer | R

I saw drg weapon with WS damage +10%, only certain one hit WSs unfortunetly :(
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-22 15:27:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna augment Hot shot!
**** YEAH!
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 15:27:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Leonstrife said:
This news article here for ffxi

New Trials (of the Magians) Await Ambitious Adventurers! (05/27/2010)

Mentions augmenting weapon skills this update. I have yet to see anything saying this was botched nor it being found so wth!
There are ToM weapons that give a bonus to said weapon skill. (i.e burning blade+20)

I just got off work so give me a few minutes to dig up the post I'm referencing.

Edit: Bah, can't find it off hand. Ignore me for now.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-06-22 15:43:45
Link | Citer | R

I know there are some Evoliths that enhance weapon skills but they were pre existing. ( just in case someone brings those up). As for the ToM I cant get online in game atm and cant find anything on wiki but its only been one day anyway.
 Ragnarok.Doluka
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-22 16:03:09
Link | Citer | R

If you're referring to the augmentation of the actual WSs themselves, I read something from one of the NPCs in Abyssea - Konschtat last night when I was looking around that might have been it.

It was the Galka to the right of the guy who gives you Visitant status and he mentioned something about needing a special kind of Abyssite and another "rare" item you get from exploiting a monsters weakness. Of course I could be completely wrong but there's a start if anyone wants to take a look.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-06-22 16:05:22
Link | Citer | R

Fantastic! That's exactly what I was looking for.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-06-22 16:10:10
Link | Citer | R

I was looking through some of the new H2H trials and there are 3 new trials that give weapons with effects like "Backhandblow DMG+10%" this is probably what they meant.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-22 16:26:16
Link | Citer | R

Posted this awhile ago in another thread, people just missed it. Messed up cause quotes broke.

Machaera
DMG37 Delay 238
DMG+4 Burning Blade +10%

It's the last trial in swords.

Hope that answers some questions as well as raise new ones. Going to explore this more.

Ok so I looked through. There are 5 trials based on the 80 weapons. It started at Burning, went to Shining, Circle then had a split, Savage (They all were +10% WS damage) or sTP +9

Also had a DMG+ 4, 7, 9 then 13 for Savage and 11 for sTP.

Going to poke around some more but there is info on that for you all.

Also Emp weapons are from DMG+ Trial weapons. From end of line before update, you are two trials away. It seems there is one more DMG+ then splits, first path I CONFIRM Emp weapons. For Almace from a Noblies or w/e it is, 50 helms of Briareus. No other trials afterwards on first path. Second path is a bleed down version similar to the OAT weapons that appears easier to get. the Sword one had 1 less DMG and about +10 delay to it.

@ Ragnarok.Doluka I'll be going into that tonight, I'll take a look. Thats what I took the WS enchancements to be at first and then found the weapons today.

*edited out usless info*
 Ragnarok.Doluka
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-22 16:29:37
Link | Citer | R

Looks like I was wrong then, lol

I wonder what it was that Galka was talking about now...
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-06-22 16:38:34
Link | Citer | R

not a nice lil group on lakshmi 6/8 on my Radennotachi 2 kills to go wee :) Chesma is a chump btw so is the ram
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-22 16:43:31
Link | Citer | R

those new WS ToM are GARBAGE, simply because the WS bonus is tied to a shitty weapon
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-22 16:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Whats also funny is that no info on the Emp weapons was posted here (I'm sure other places) and no one asked about it either.
 Asura.Rule
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-22 16:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Whats also funny is that no info on the Emp weapons was posted here (I'm sure other places) and no one asked about it either.

cause we figured someone would have figured it out by now
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-22 16:48:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rule said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
cause we figured someone would have figured it out by now
Yeah, I called it back when they first announced them, and how many people doubted me and said lol other systems? It's still basicly a trial and your just dragging something back from Abyssea, just like it is with VNM drops for true OAT weapons...
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-22 16:54:14
Link | Citer | R

how close are you to Masamune now Luar? i'm 4 trials away... Urd >> Lamprey >> new Couerl NM, and then those 50 gems or w/e
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-22 16:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
how close are you to Masamune now Luar? i'm 4 trials away... Urd >> Lamprey >> new Couerl NM, and then those 50 gems or w/e
Not a SAM. I only have PLD leveled lol.

I don't even have a DMG+ weapon, I took it down the OAT path as I don't have Promies done XD I'll start on my Almace this week though, it doesn't seem to bad now.

I do have two SAMs in my LS that are on Urd at the moment and planning to take it to Masa it seems.
 Asura.Rule
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-22 17:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Not a SAM. I only have PLD leveled lol.

I don't even have a DMG weapon, I took it down the OAT path as I don't have Promies done XD I'll start on my Almace this week though, it doesn't seem to bad now.

I do have two SAMs in my LS that are on Urd at the moment and planning to take it to Masa it seems.

i am a little confused here, you keep saying empyrean weapons are the final path of ToM, is this a known fact or just wild accusations?

cause everything that i see says empyrean weapons are abyssea

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/addon/ex8/index.html
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-22 17:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rule said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Not a SAM. I only have PLD leveled lol. I don't even have a DMG weapon, I took it down the OAT path as I don't have Promies done XD I'll start on my Almace this week though, it doesn't seem to bad now. I do have two SAMs in my LS that are on Urd at the moment and planning to take it to Masa it seems.
i am a little confused here, you keep saying empyrean weapons are the final path of ToM, is this a known fact or just wild accusations? cause everything that i see says empyrean weapons are abyssea http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/addon/ex8/index.html
Need items from Abyssea just like you need items from VNM to get OAT weapon, It's still a trial though and nothing more.

Proof? I saw Almace with my own eyes and anyone else can see it. Do trial search, 1201 via magian moogle, thats Almace, I'm pull that from memory so it thats wrong, search trial 1200, then take the first path, which should be 1201.

Advance down any of the DMG+ tiers via the moogle and you'll come to them. As for final path, it's only for now. I'll say right now that it's probably not the end of the line and they will either become augmentable (kinda doubtful) or evlove into even more powerful weapons (betting on right now)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-22 17:18:52
Link | Citer | R

lol my bad...could have sworn it was you talkin about who is now working on radenn due to theories that it might turn into Masa :P lol...i'm so pissed though..i have to do like 4 more NM paths for 4 different empyreal weapons...hate camping the same NM2-6x lol
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-22 17:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
lol my bad...could have sworn it was you talkin about who is now working on radenn due to theories that it might turn into Masa :P lol...i'm so pissed though..i have to do like 4 more NM paths for 4 different empyreal weapons...hate camping the same NM2-6x lol
No worries, I do like Masa. Think I'll dat swap my GS to it.
I went with Masa mostly cause it's a cool GK and it was a bigger talk than all the others really.