Pld/rdm Changes?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Pld/rdm changes?
Pld/rdm changes?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-06-21 12:43:59
Link | Citer | R

The white magic spell "Aquaveil" will now guard against spell interruption a set number of times.

Could be good but how many times...

Enmity generation for the following spells has been adjusted:
Sleep / Sleep II / Dispel / Blind / Blind II / Bind

I really doubt they are increasing the hate gain... but I can hope...

This is every decent hate spell on /rdm.
 Bismarck.Donnydusk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Yasutora
By Bismarck.Donnydusk 2010-06-21 13:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Looks like its Gravity/Flash spam, because I too doubt it'll be an enmity+ alteration.

As for Aquaveil, what was mentioned was so open-ended, i'm just going to plan SE will be SE, and make it three times lol.
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-06-21 13:28:02
Link | Citer | R

It's okay--we'll still have that crazy fun hate from Converting and healing. Might couple that with Aquaveil so we don't off ourselves.... :x
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-21 13:30:13
Link | Citer | R

My bets on decreasing it, I'm betting SE is trying to force people to play like the old days.

Still interesting to see, I don't think anyone saw that one coming.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-06-21 14:01:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure the point of this update was to kill rdm tanking but they are gunna end up taking out pld/rdm with them.

I really doubt aquaveil is gunna be any good either.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-21 15:02:22
Link | Citer | R

IDK about you but PLD/WHM seems more appealing to me since PLD gets Phalanx now and you'll be able you haste yourself at 80 until about 82 when you get refresh from /rdm.

Convert is nice but the risk to vert mid fight while tanking is kinda high.
 Shiva.Superdan
Serveur: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-06-21 15:04:55
Link | Citer | R

PLD/BLU self phalanx cocoon? :D

Phoenix.Lucasta
Serveur: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2010-06-21 15:15:55
Link | Citer | R

i am going to guess that aquaveil will work similar to seigan/third eye in that it will more or less negate spell interuption with a random succession of instances not to exceed a certain value (possibly based on enhancing magic skill). or maybe im way off... but from the wording the first thing i thought of was seigan.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-21 15:21:35
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Lucasta said:
i am going to guess that aquaveil will work similar to seigan/third eye in that it will more or less negate spell interuption with a random succession of instances not to exceed a certain value (possibly based on enhancing magic skill). or maybe im way off... but from the wording the first thing i thought of was seigan.
Most sense of it I have heard yet, until someone proves otherwise I'm rolling on that for now. I'm almost done with update and logged as /WHM so I'll be testing for sure.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2010-06-22 19:14:37
Link | Citer | R

According to Kanican they're getting nerfed to 1CE pitiful VE so I guess non /nin stuff go PLD/DRK Flash+Stun, LR and Soulearter(cancel immediately naturally) and abosrb-tp when we get 90(gets 320 CE and VE).
 Asura.Rielle
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Rielle 2010-06-22 19:30:51
Link | Citer | R

Aquaveil is actually really nice. It operates similar to shadows /nin and is a guaranteed shield against spell interruption. It seems to proc 3-5 times (I haven't really counted, but it's definitely more than one) and when however many random charges of it is used, it wears off, similar to Third Eye, with a comment about it in your log.
 Phoenix.Felos
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Felos
By Phoenix.Felos 2010-06-26 05:10:18
Link | Citer | R

So did anyone notice a complete lack of hate control after the update?

I have full Enmity build + full Enmity merits and have tried /RDM and /WAR post update and somehow went from tanking fine end-game, merit, etc.....but now can't hold hate for the life of me.

My only thought is that somewhere along the way with the modification to Blind spells with the update, flash got inadvertently reduced as well.
 Bahamut.Aretumis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aretumis
By Bahamut.Aretumis 2010-06-26 10:47:30
Link | Citer | R

Haven't noticed anything different, Felos.

PLD/RDM hasn't really suffered that much.. anything you HAVE to spam Sleep/Dispel on to keep hate is probably something you should be /NIN on anyway. Feel much worse for RDM/NINs I guess.
 Gilgamesh.Katori
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: agroyboy
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2010-06-26 10:51:30
Link | Citer | R

doesnt feel any different to me either i hold hate very well. always others DD's who love to WS at start of fight and pull hate then your trying hard as hell to get it back. i do think voke has less hate then flash