[+]
 Asura.Rule
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-17 09:45:53
Link | Citer | R

+ this
Divine Emblem (PLD Lv.78 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Enhances the accuracy of your next divine magic spell and increases enmity.

and this

Shield Def. Bonus - WAR Lv.80
- PLD Lv.77 Reduces damage taken when blocking an attack with a shield.

and this!

Crit. Def. Bonus - PLD Lv.79
- BRD Lv.80 Improves defense against critical hits.

now i will be taken a little more seriously
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Serveur: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-17 09:50:08
Link | Citer | R

yeah mosdef bro I think its time to dust my PLD off 8D
We're baaaack!!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Rule
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-17 09:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Divine Emblem (PLD Lv.78 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Enhances the accuracy of your next divine magic spell and increases enmity.

Flash 1 every 10mins? meh well it's a boost nonetheless so I'll take it

i smell flash II coming?

i really hope i win bonanza so i can buy the rest of currency for aegis lol /dream
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-17 11:20:33
Link | Citer | R

PLD surely got some good stuff. I'm impressed with it and Phalanx was a shock to me. Now I'm debating if I should still bother to level my RDM.

Shield Def. Bonus is interesting to see, I wonder to what tier that will reach at 99, as well as how much it does help reduce.

Flash II I wouldn't bet on, but would be amazing to see.

In short I think PLDs came out nicely with this update~
[+]
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-17 11:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:
Finally thats all I have to say...!!!

You're still not getting into Nyzul with PLD :P.

Ok, ok, all silliness aside... Let's see how this will pan for endgame PLDs:

Well, you didn't get Yonin like you wanted. But you were given some other cool things. Square Enix finally decided to give you shell4. Not like that's a big deal though. Divine Emblem will possibly help save your life a lot more often, and build enmity while it does. Sometimes Flash is resisted, perhaps Flash + less level difference will allow safer shadow casting. However, if you do get hit, you will have Shield Defense Bonus. So perhaps smaller shields is the direction that Square Enix is going for the level 80 cap. Maybe there is a small shield with decent enmity coming out. So what if you think you will take too much damage? You have Phalanx now. Phalanx is great for damage reduction! And it's not too much MP either.

Now, should there be any RDMs reading this, thinking about unmeriting phalanx2... Remember that PLDs aren't the only tanks out there.

However, with this version update, I do believe that PLD now fits the word "Tank", you will now be walking tanks with Phalanx and Shield Defense Bonus.
 Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-17 12:06:41
Link | Citer | R

Why the heck did it make me quote myself twice more? lol
 Shiva.Lorielain
Serveur: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-06-17 12:18:42
Link | Citer | R

>implying PLD is useful
>implying this will make more conventional parties commonplace again
>implying I'm not burning birds right now in a perpetual shitstorm of amateur play and what the hell is that SAM using enpi for graahagjhavbsrhnboltn
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-06-17 12:57:39
Link | Citer | R

BLM's 2hr is more powerful than ours now. :[
[+]
 Bahamut.Aretumis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aretumis
By Bahamut.Aretumis 2010-06-17 13:48:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
PLD surely got some good stuff. I'm impressed with it and Phalanx was a shock to me. Now I'm debating if I should still bother to level my RDM.

'Course you should. There's way more to /RDM than just Phalanx.

EDIT: Don't forget Refresh will be available at some point as well.
 Odin.Kalico
Serveur: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-17 14:09:11
Link | Citer | R

I can see Phalanx scroll going up to 500k now lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-17 14:14:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aretumis said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
'Course you should. There's way more to /RDM than just Phalanx. EDIT: Don't forget Refresh will be available at some point as well.
Personally not interested in it really. I have very good MP management and maxed Chiv alone is usually enough for me.

Was mostly interested in it for Stoneskin and Phalanx but well, we get one of those now.

Odin.Kalico said:
This^ cause it's freaking true. Already top viewed item and will surely increase in price from this day forward.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-17 16:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:

at 600k on carby, prob hit 1 mil no prob. Prob ride 1 mil for a long time
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-06-17 20:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Demand wont be that bad to reduce supply to that point. RJ is like...nothing and drops it 30% of the time.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 20:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Lorielain said:
>implying PLD is useful
>implying this will make more conventional parties commonplace again
>implying I'm not burning birds right now in a perpetual shitstorm of amateur play and what the hell is that SAM using enpi for graahagjhavbsrhnboltn

>implying pld is only used in exp parties.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-17 20:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Funny... We just did RJ and it dropped.

Maybe with the price going up, supply will skyrocket too and people will end up dropping(undercutting) it down a few hundred thousand.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-06-17 22:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Hear me out rq on this...
Years ago, PLD got raise at 75. But then the common sense was.. "How do I have Raise at 50, if I (PLD) /whm, but I magically forget it, and re-learn it at 75?..."

So, seeing how that doesn't make sense. They gave PLD Raise at 50.(instead of the previous 75) (what you'd get it, if you /whm)

So. If the same story/theory goes again, shouldn't PLD get Phalanx at 66?

..thoughts?
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 22:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Well going by what you say, it doesn't make sense for a BLM/RDM to have gravity then magically forget it when the sub is taken away...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-06-17 22:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Well going by what you say, it doesn't make sense for a BLM/RDM to have gravity then magically forget it when the sub is taken away...
BLM never knows gravity on its own right.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 22:22:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
BLM never knows gravity on its own right.
fair enough..
[+]
 Asura.Matakuko
user: MATAKUKO
By Asura.Matakuko 2010-06-18 15:08:08
Link | Citer | R

SE and their lack of paying attention to details. PLD gains access to Phalanx at 66 when /RDM but have to wait til 77 to have it on their own regardless of subjob, wouldn't it just make more sense to learn it at 66 instead of 77? That's the problem with the world today the lack of simple common sense.
 Fairy.Rorrick
Serveur: Fairy
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-06-18 15:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Matakuko said:
SE and their lack of paying attention to details. PLD gains access to Phalanx at 66 when /RDM but have to wait til 77 to have it on their own regardless of subjob, wouldn't it just make more sense to learn it at 66 instead of 77? That's the problem with the world today the lack of simple common sense.

PLD also doesn't get access to Phalanx period without subbing RDM so majority rule says it shouldn't learn it at any level. PLD can get Stoneskin by subbing WHM or RDM but those jobs learn it at different levels. What level should PLD learn that at by your logic?

Ignoring that, how many events do you actually sub RDM to? Ouryu and ...? Love I guess if you're grabbing the pets.

You should try practicing what you preach. Common sense says they have a reason for doing it, whether you know it or not.
 Asura.Matakuko
user: MATAKUKO
By Asura.Matakuko 2010-06-18 15:21:24
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Rorrick said:
PLD also doesn't get access to Phalanx period without subbing RDM so majority rule says it shouldn't learn it at any level. PLD can get Stoneskin by subbing WHM or RDM but those jobs learn it at different levels. What level should PLD learn that at by your logic?

Ignoring that, how many events do you actually sub RDM to? Ouryu and ...? Love I guess if you're grabbing the pets.

You should try practicing what you preach. Common sense says they have a reason for doing it, whether you know it or not.

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Years ago, PLD got raise at 75. But then the common sense was.. "How do I have Raise at 50, if I (PLD) /whm, but I magically forget it, and re-learn it at 75?..."

So, seeing how that doesn't make sense. They gave PLD Raise at 50.(instead of the previous 75) (what you'd get it, if you /whm)

..thoughts?

Common sense says they would learn from their previous screw up.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-18 15:28:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

..thoughts?

Because Phalanx at lower levels (during XP party phase) without removing /WAR would be somewhat imbalanced. I don't see why jobs other than RDM would learn Phalanx before RDM can cast Phalanx on others. It is common sense.
[+]
 Fairy.Rorrick
Serveur: Fairy
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-06-18 15:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Matakuko said:
Fairy.Rorrick said:

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

..thoughts?

Common sense says they would learn from their previous screw up.

Common sense says having it before endgame kind of overpowers it in EXP parties and why should any other job get it before RDM can cast it on other people?

EDIT: Beat.
[+]
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-06-18 17:48:24
Link | Citer | R

I'm sensing that SE is against PLDs to sub RDM at later levels. They still want us to use WAR, and probably we won't have any other instant enmity tool rather than Provoke I think. I was planning and preparing myself to sub RDM 80+ , though having Phalanx spell now changes things. Now another question comes to mind, what kind of activities await us for later levels, are we really going to need WAR sub? (I know WAR sub is not used by PLDs lately rather than Dynamis and normal party setups) We will see. I'm a bit confused though...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 17:51:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
I'm sensing that SE is against PLDs to sub NIN at later levels.
Fixed, and /WAR sucks. /RDM and /BLU will still be where it's at for blood tanking. /RDM for CE generation, /BLU for all-out turtle builds. PLD's VE generation doesn't need any help.
First Page 2 3