Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Holman
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-06-17 06:04:07
Link | Citer | R

I've been zerging on dragoon for awhile, but now I'm *** super happy.
 Asura.Shayka
Serveur: Asura
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-06-17 06:04:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Lil bit.

Until they RE-2hr our "Call Wyvern" of course.. :3
Don't say that! They might do it o.o

They had to give us something decent, many of us DRG's bitched I'm sure, for new abilities.
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-06-17 06:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Lil bit.

They had to give us something decent, many of us DRG's bitched I'm sure, for new abilities.
Will admit. That's why I quit mine. Not much to the job but to call a TP Feed, jump twice, three times if you pull hate, and stab ***. Lol *Prepared for the downrating* ... what? It's true...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-06-17 06:09:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Lil bit.

Will admit. That's why I quit mine. Not much to the job but to call a TP Feed, jump twice, and stab ***. Lol *Prepared for the downrating* ... what? It's true...

But now we get to Sekk in front of samurais! :3

INYOFACEEEE
*spanks Bart* </3
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-06-17 06:10:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Lil bit.

Will admit. That's why I quit mine. Not much to the job but to call a TP Feed, jump twice, three times if you pull hate, and stab ***. Lol *Prepared for the downrating* ... what? It's true...
I still <3 it and the wyvern anyway, its my favorite job lol and I guess I better get to working on SAM now, not that I feel like lvling another damned job D:

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Eliane
Serveur: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-06-17 06:11:55
Link | Citer | R

Yesssss DRG ftw!<3
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-06-17 06:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Lil bit.

I still <3 it and the wyvern anyway, its my favorite job lol and I guess I better get to working on SAM now, not that I feel like lvling another damned job D:

^

I haet subs. Curses!
You have the most uber hat to TP in though!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-06-17 06:14:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Lil bit.

^

I haet subs. Curses!

Drgs and Whms can't be bothered with that haste ***.

/walks away feeling cool
Lulz, well ***have you seen my headgear for DRG and WHM? I'm gonna start rocking the damned Glory Crown! Eff your Opo-Opo crown =p
 Asura.Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-06-17 06:14:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Lil bit.

^

I haet subs. Curses!
Its not even lvled, at all, even a little >< It and DNC need taken to 49 u.u, do not want.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-06-17 06:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Shayka said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Lil bit.

^

I haet subs. Curses!

Drgs and Whms can't be bothered with that haste ***.

/walks away feeling cool
Lulz, well ***have you seen my headgear for DRG and WHM? I'm gonna start rocking the damned Glory Crown! Eff your Opo-Opo crown =p
I'll move back to Assura (Yes, Assura) and rock my Qiqirin Hood. We'll be the coolest players evar! <3 miss you two~ G'night, I'm in a bad mood. :P
 Hades.Eliane
Serveur: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-06-17 06:15:46
Link | Citer | R

So in my understanding of this, DRG80 subbing SAM.

TP200% -> WS Self SC -> Spirit Link TP/Meditate? -> Hit a few -> WS ->3 Jumps -> WS?

All with Angon

:Q

Edit: Forgot Meditate!
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-17 06:17:35
Link | Citer | R

This is *** nonesense,
after I read all that my penis hasn't stopped tingling.
Question though, from everyone's understanding Spirit Jump is basically just another High jump?

And oh my god Conserve TP trait? <3

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-17 06:20:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
This is *** nonesense, after I read all that my penis hasn't stopped tingling. Question though, from everyone's understanding Spirit Jump is basically just another High jump? And oh my god Conserve TP trait? <3

I think someone said super jump but does damage. Which is kinda cool, hopefully a new animation.
 Lakshmi.Holman
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-06-17 06:22:30
Link | Citer | R

As long as it stacks with mythic golden.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-17 06:55:02
Link | Citer | R

Can we expect Sonic Thrust and Drakesbane to be our self light? :O!
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-17 07:14:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Can we expect Sonic Thrust and Drakesbane to be our self light? :O!

SE isn't that nice, 5$ says it'll have fusion SC trait just like drakesbane lol.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-17 07:41:28
Link | Citer | R

DRG/SAM gonna pwn

Jump
High Jump
Spirit Jump
Meditate
Sekkanoki
Spirit Link
Conserve TP

About time they gave good stuff to DRG.

Edit: I forgot, Spirit Jump has a 90 second delay which makes it far superior to High Jump.
 Unicorn.Sedres
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-06-17 07:43:33
Link | Citer | R

It'll totally be Frag, I'm guessing all these new WS will let people solo lv3 like SAM have been doing for so long, like BLU have been doing for even longer, and so on, and so fourth!
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-17 07:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Spirit Jump:
We could come to the conclusion that it's got the reduced enmity of super jump, and the delay and attack of a regular jump. That's two pimped out jumps, and with a barone or conte piece, even 2 of them thats almost 60+tp when landing all 3.

And that's not even counting whether they double attack or triple attack.

My penis is tingling.
 Phoenix.Miraun
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-06-17 12:02:11
Link | Citer | R

Really guys? You're all FARRR too excited about the update. We really didn't get much.

Who cares about Conserve TP if it doesn't save an extra 16.7% TP. An extra 5-6 TP won't take a hit off of my setup, so it doesn't matter.

The spirit link thing doesn't matter at all. In the little thing that everyone has been saying with pairing it up with /SAM WON'T HAPPEN. Have you all forgotten that your wyvern uses all TP when it uses it's breath attack? So trying to integrate it into your zerg cycle will do nothing. Your wyvern needs to generate 33.4% TP before spirit Linking will be viable... and If that's happening before YOU, as the Dragoon, gets to 83.3% TP, then you're terrible. Again, it all matters on having a proper 6 hit build, and having the ability to SC faster.

Senkoki as /SAM doesn't matter much either. We don't have 2 good strong weapon skills to be creating a good level 3 skillchain with. I'd rather just SC at 100% every time I reach 100% than try to store up to 200%, use inferior weapon skills, and try to skillchain. Also, you should be WSing at 100%... if you're not at 100% when you WS, then you're likely not at 116.7%... see above arguments for taking a hit off of your setup.

Lastly, the jump. It SOUNDS nice, but we need to see what type of mods it has. If it hsa a lolMND mod or something instead of the VIT mod from our normal jumps, it won't be that strong, it'd just be the equivalent damage of a high jump (ie: not nearly as much as a normal jump). Wayy too early to be speculating... Although, an additional instant 1 hit will be nice, it's hardly as revolutionary as PLD's getting their own Phalanx.
 Sylph.Spiriel
Serveur: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-17 12:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Best skillchain DRGs could manage without Relic would be Drakes -> Gimpulse for a Gravitation. We'd need a Fragmentation or Induration trait to roll our own light/dark. Only way to get there now is with relic.

However, assuming 11 Store TP...

200% TP. Sekkanoki, Drakesbane, Meditate, Drakesbane, Jump, High Jump, Drakesbane, all fast enough to skillchain (if they would, which they won't.) I'm poorly geared and I can roll 600-800 on stuff like Omega. Triple that and I'm going to need Super Jump at the end of the chain, or the Paladins and Healers are going to murder me.

People are saying "Oh, spirit link for TP after a WS!" ...what does your wyvern do immediately after you weapon skill on a melee sub? Blow their TP on a breath. Not happening.

Pleased with this update, although pissed we didn't get Stout Servant. Wyverns take a pounding, SE. Give us a break already. As for Conserve TP? Nice, but just like Barone you can't count on it in a hit build, so it's merely a treat if it goes off, not something to spooge over.

Also, what the hell does "suppresses enmity" mean? Lowers enmity generation on the mob? Tanks are gonna be pissed, man. Lowers everyone's enmity on the mob? Tanks are gonna be pissed, man.
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-06-17 12:50:32
Link | Citer | R

Yeah Spiriel, I think you have the same views I do. Good to see you agree. Even a SC of Drakes > Gimpulse likely wouldn't be better than 2x Drakes.

In regards to Stout Servant... The job trait now exists, which is the important aspect of the update. This means that with potentially new pieces of DRG AF3, or any type of RSE in the future, we can see something like, "Stout Servant +1" on a piece of armor. Or perhaps augment our current (terrible) AF pieces to include it. Or perhaps we'll get it on the road from 85 to 99!

When I read "Suppresses Emnity" I read it as a hate that regardless of damage, generates 0 emnity... or minimal emnity. I don't think it will be any group effects like what you were stating, but in the end, your speculation is worth just as much as my speculation.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-17 13:05:35
Link | Citer | R

Clearly you havn't been pimping out drg too much, Drg can easily drop a self light SC. Just takes a little skill,
All times on Sekkanoki, Meditate, Jump, High Jump, Spirit Jump must be active. Here's a little breakdown if you don't understand :)

200% TP Sekkanoki/Meditate >> Gimpulse Drive >> Vorpal Thrust (Fragmentation) >> Jump, High Jump, Spirit Jump (Given you don't fail and miss them) >> Drakesbane (And there's your light.

Or you can just follow that same method, but replace all weaponskills with Drakesbane, and the mob should be dead, very very dead.

Your speculation about all these updates is rather negative, and you havn't thought much about it, but imagine the Aesir Ear pendant, Blitzer Poleyn with Conserve tp augment(+7), along with our new trait? Come on.

Sekkanoki alone obviously is useless unless you go with the rest and I agree, Drakes >> Drakes will far outparse the SC. But if you do Gimpulse >> Vorpal >> Drakes. Closing with drakes is gonna be hawt.

I've done so before with an Icarus Wing, and the final amount was a 1983 Drakes followed by a 1983 Light.
But if you're fighting a mob that takes all this, I hope you have super jump ready :o

Anyways, hope that pursuaded you away from some of your negative thoughts towards Drg on this update.

EDIT: Spirit Link, pretty awesome if you think about it, getting you to that 200% for sekkanoki just a little faster. And you can subout Wyvern Mail to drop it's HP allowing you to Spirit Link.
All in all, I think we are gonna seem some rather impressive differences in parsing stats.
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-06-17 13:36:10
Link | Citer | R

Your welcome to view my DRG gear on my profile, or browsing my obtained items... Yes, I have been pimping DRG. You touched upon it slightly, but here's where the logic is flawed:

Doing self-light with the outlined way above assumes 2 melee hits after the Vorpal Thrust paired with the three jumps, with minimal delay between the WS and 2 additional attacks... and it had best be a single DA round for timing, that wasn't done in either your WS gear or Jump gear.

Additionally, there are two situations where a 3 stage self SC could happen: 1) XPing 2) HNMing. When XPing: Dead before the third WS. When HNMing: it's gonna be interrupted by someone else. Doing it on a campaign mob? nobody cares!

However, if you're not skillchaining, the effects of Sekkanoki aren't there. You should be WSing at 100%, to wait is to create inefficiency. If you're waiting to 200% to burn Sekkanoki to do the same WS twice, then it's the exact same thing as WSing twice at 100%.

Now, if you have Gungnir, you can Geirs > Gimpulse for self-Darkness... which could(?) potentially add up to more than 2 drakes... if the mob is weak to SCing.

And again, Conserve TP, you need to conserve enough to reduce a hit off of your setup. And conserve TP on a the ASA legs is an absolute waste of an augment slot. I don't claim to know too much about Conserve TP, but from what I have seen, it's a small amount of TP potentially remaining (I've been told 5-10% additional TP), which would not be enough to cut off a hit on the WS.

I'm not saying that these changes are terrible, they're just not nearly as good as the first 20 posters are making them out to be. It's not revolutionizing the job, and it's not changing that much. It's an extra jump that is likely only going to have the same damage equation as a high jump. I'll take it with a smile, but I'm not going to say "OMFG, DRG IS OVERPOWERED AS HELL NOW"
[+]
First Page 2