Gear Tutorial; Some Assistance Please Good Sirs.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Gear tutorial; some assistance please good sirs.
Gear tutorial; some assistance please good sirs.
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-11 21:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Hello folks.

I'm in a situation where I am stepping up my game in my paladin, both in terms of skills and equipment. Although my tanking skills have been good I'm a bit at odds with equipment in terms of set up and execution because there are times where I can't make up my mind when to use the right things at the right time. For merits I'm in the process of shortening the timer of Sentiel and Chivalry as well as having MP merits, being galkan and all. Then there's the long long road of Atonement. Basically I'm looking for 2nd opinions and further suggestions and discussions on all of this.

Below is a list of what I have and wish to obtain. I do use them accordingly (ex; MDBs, HP, /nin and so on):

Swords: Joytoy, Malc+1

Shield: Koenings

Ammo: Lamia Bow, B.Seashell

Body: Nuevo Chestplate, Homam, Coral

Ears: Brutal, Etherial, Loquacious, +Cure Potency (macro only)

Hands: Relic, Koeing Hands

Head: W.Turban, Homams, Koening, Relic (macro only), coral earrings

Rings: Either, Death Ring (Aug:15mp, 6def), Herc ring, Jelly ring, Astral ring, Coral Rings

Legs: Homams, Relic.

Feet; AF

Waist: Warwolf, Swift

Back: Cerby, Boxers, Lamia

Looking to Obtain or in question <i>("why" is in parenthesis because i'm in quesiton about it)</i> is as follows:

Ammo; Fenrir stone(why?)
Body; AF2(why), Entire Iron Rams set

Askar: hands, feet

Rings: Bomb queen ring

I am not sure of anything else and others, given my time frame I cannot obtain *aegis shield, etc* at this time, but please feel free to give me any suggestions on what should I obtain and if I'm on the right track of things. Any advice or guides are greatly appreciated.

Hades.Triet
Serveur: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-06-11 21:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Body: Darksteel Harness +1
Legs: Crimson cuisses(mostly for kiting I suppose + elemental resistances)
Feet: Afv1 +1
Back: Valor cape
Waist: Trance Belt(Unless you get HP+ augment on Warwolf)
Ring: Sattva Ring(Unless you already got Rajas from CoP)

Also might want to look into those Synergy pieces, I think they have some dmg-% and enmity, not bad.

I believe the Fenrir stone is just for those time when you have to also rely on the dmg you do to keep hate? Valor Surcoat is kind of outdated, mostly just macro in for Cover.

EDIT: Also on your rings, if you mean Ether(you spelled it Either?)&Astral Rings, you can get rid of that MP isn't as important as HP+ or ENM+, unless there are no other options.
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-11 22:04:05
Link | Citer | R

By Hades.Triet 2010-06-11 21:53:30
Link | PM | Quote | Reply Score: 0 626783 [–] [+]

Body: Darksteel Harness +1
Legs: Crimson cuisses(mostly for kiting I suppose + elemental resistances)
Feet: Afv1 +1
Back: Valor cape
Waist: Trance Belt(Unless you get HP+ augment on Warwolf)
Ring: Sattva Ring(Unless you already got Rajas from CoP)

Also might want to look into those Synergy pieces, I think they have some dmg-% and enmity, not bad.

I believe the Fenrir stone is just for those time when you have to also rely on the dmg you do to keep hate? Valor Surcoat is kind of outdated, mostly just macro in for Cover.

EDIT: Also on your rings, if you mean Ether(you spelled it Either?)&Astral Rings, you can get rid of that MP isn't as important as HP+ or ENM+, unless there are no other options.

@Triet Yea, i forgot to add the V.Cape and W.Legs :-P My bad. As for the others I'll look into them. The trance belt seems promising and a future HP set up. Galka or not too much HP isn't a bad thing in my experiences. The Darksteel Harness +1 I didn't think of. I'll look into that as well.

Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-11 22:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Lot of improvements could be made but this is what my standard TP/Idle set looked like. Granted, I had a max HP set for when I needed it and a -PDT set, which I never did need, as well as a -MDT set for a few things here and there, not that I needed that all that often either.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-06-11 22:21:21
Link | Citer | R

I think most of the -PDT/MDT gear is for HNM stuff or certain special fights. And I completely forgot about that Bloodbead ring and Cassie earring.

EDIT: Also Ritter Gorget!!!
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-12 00:32:56
Link | Citer | R

@triet hmm, you're right actually because most of the time in events I've been using them less and less and i never use both only one or the other. Any other rings you suggest otherwise?
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-06-12 00:49:42
Link | Citer | R

I use Hercules' Ring and Mermaid's ring. I have the Bomb Queen Ring pop items, just don't know any people to help. And I need to work on getting Jelly ring/Patronus ring, not a bad -PDT set.

But some other good ones are Bomb Queen ring, Bloodbead ring, Jelly ring, Patronus Ring, and Shadow ring.

You can also check out Dasra's Ring and Nasatya's Ring (also gives 50 HP&MP)..
 Diabolos.Rydiya
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-06-12 00:50:54
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Triet said:
Dasva's ring?
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-06-12 00:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Rydiya said:
Hades.Triet said:
Dasva's ring?
Lol, that's actually the first thing that popped in my head when I first saw that ring. xD