Toshiro Mifune Avatar.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-07 13:08:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Only issue I've had so far (knock on wood) was a double charge to my debit card every once in a blue moon. I once tried correcting it through them rather than my bank in fear that they'll probably LM-17 my *** if they saw I voided the charge and took my money back. But all I really got was the run around and jumping through hoops on the phone for hours that got me absolutely nowhere and -$16 more than I should have lost.

At that point I just said *** it and let it slide... $16 wasn't worth the time or effort, but I hope you fight tooth and claw to get your account back since it was unjustly banned. I know I would.
double charge is when you have no money in account during the 1st day of the month, they charge you twice the next month since they didnt charge you for that month
 Shiva.Weewoo
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-07 13:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Only issue I've had so far (knock on wood) was a double charge to my debit card every once in a blue moon. I once tried correcting it through them rather than my bank in fear that they'll probably LM-17 my *** if they saw I voided the charge and took my money back. But all I really got was the run around and jumping through hoops on the phone for hours that got me absolutely nowhere and -$16 more than I should have lost.

At that point I just said *** it and let it slide... $16 wasn't worth the time or effort, but I hope you fight tooth and claw to get your account back since it was unjustly banned. I know I would.
double charge is when you have no money in account during the 1st day of the month, they charge you twice the next month since they didnt charge you for that month

I'm more than certain it was an error on their part as I had >$600 in the account at the time. There's no reason it should have gone through twice. Besides, even if I didn't my bank would overdraw and complete the transaction and give SE their money and just charge me extra for going under.

Luckily this has only happened twice in the 8 years that I've played FFXI
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-06-07 13:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Machiaveli said:
Toshiro Mifune Avatar.

He looks nothing like the kid from Bleach.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-07 13:21:11
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, Toshiro Mifune was the actor portraying Yojimbo iirc, he played other samurai's too in the old black and white 50's-60's japanese films.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-07 13:38:44
Link | Citer | R

You were banned because your name is too close to "testicles".
[+]
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-06-07 13:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Are you that guy from Naruto?
 Lakshmi.Galathea
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galatea
By Lakshmi.Galathea 2010-06-07 14:01:19
Link | Citer | R

This makes me NOT want to change my CC, which expires in September...

I do wish you the best of luck, SE hires lazy kids.
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-06-07 14:02:56
Link | Citer | R

LM-17 just mean you ban but not for real, I remember it happening it ask me if i wanting to change CC so i did pay for the game and my account was back :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2010-06-07 14:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Just keep calling/moving up the corporate ladder until you find someone who can help and make sure to articulate your frustration as it will help them to actually care enough to at least find someone who can help you.

Hopefully this ends soon for you..I had alot of problems with SE double&triple charging me... GL
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-06-07 14:34:17
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Ethereal said:
It seems a lot of people who have changed their CC information after the breach have been banned.. SE is a company run by idiots.

The night Square Enix's system got breached my alt-account's Content ID's were deactivated. I woke up in the morning and had a pop-up saying "You've been disconnected from PlayOnline". I started freaking out. Attempted to log back in and POL let me on.. so I thought to myself "Why...". I immediatly called Square Enix and the guy on the phone told me he could'nt help me, and that they were doing maintnance on that department and he couldn't access or change any of my information. I tried to activate my Content ID's myself, and it wouldn't let me. I then thought maybe I should check the CC, but I was certain that there wasn't a charge probem cause I have 3 accounts on the same card; this account being the only one that had errored out. I re-entered the SAME CC# and info.. and process went thru. I haven't had any problems so far, but if Square Enix is really just throwing out Bans for changing CC's, that's a bit ridiculous. Square Enix's support can be incredibly terrible, but they aren't THAT bad. If what your saying is true.. I'll be really pissed soon if my changing my CC results in a ban- when the error was entirely on SE's part.

To the OP, is there more to the story at all? It's really important you tell us if there really is. I don't wanna see me lose my account because of this.
 Fenrir.Thermistacles
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Thermistacles 2010-06-07 15:18:19
Link | Citer | R

There is nothing more. Changed cc friday morning, friday night lm-17 spoke to support said i had 72 hours chat today im perma banned
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-06-07 15:51:51
Link | Citer | R

that sucks, i was affected by the breach, so i followed the link in the email, after a couple hours someone comes on the chat and says hey let me check whats up, sorry cant help ya! GTFO!" and left.

so i actually called and then got a guy to pick up and they were very helpful, cause i couldnt remember if i had changed my account info before moving or not, so they gave me multiple chances to give them the right info. It really all depends on who you talk to.
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-06-07 16:36:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Thermistacles said:
There is nothing more. Changed cc friday morning, friday night lm-17 spoke to support said i had 72 hours chat today im perma banned

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd be pretty furious too. I would be very persistent though. I'd keep calling them until they gave me a valid reason why I was banned. Just annoy them to death and they will eventually give your account back :X
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-07 16:37:43
Link | Citer | R

I think the SE Chatroom is full of bots. They never talk like a real person and almost always ignore what you're saying.

Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-07 16:38:44
Link | Citer | R

What's this about a "breach?" I don't really follow SE news anymore. Did their billing system get compromised? O.o
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-06-07 16:42:03
Link | Citer | R

Something about some trolls breaking into the Square-Enix Accounts system and stealing IDs/Passwords or something.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-06-07 16:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
What's this about a "breach?" I don't really follow SE news anymore. Did their billing system get compromised? O.o

lol I hate to sound so obvious, but there's a notice about it in the RSS feed on the front of the site.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news19199.shtml

I too was affected, as one of my alternate accounts (a lesser camping mule with no SE ID and no security token) was completely stripped of sellables and moved to another server. I haven't had a huge issue getting SE's customer support team to help me yet, thus far they've been pretty solid. Though I guess we'll see how long it takes to get my account restored.
By Dreaudant 2010-06-07 17:14:45
Link | Citer | R

So i changed my cc and now i perma banned. Started friday with lm-17 talked to support said i had to wait until monday so after 5 hours on the phone friday below is what i got from se

Agent Kim: We have received your fax, David. However, it has been determined by the department that handles the bans that the ban on the account will remain in place.

yeah..they did that same ***to me changed *** cc then then send about 4 faxes to those dumbasses and oh "were sorry but further inspection of your account has caused, SE to not remove this ban on my char. next time i call them someones gettin cursed out
 Phoenix.Settiesama
By Phoenix.Settiesama 2010-06-07 17:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
My account was hacked and it took over a month for them to fix it.

I also change my credit card like.. every month.. and haven't been banned.. Might be another reason they're not explaining. oO
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
user: Malicfayt
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2010-06-07 17:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Something about some trolls breaking into the Square-Enix Accounts system and stealing IDs/Passwords or something.

.... seriously? I guess between that and this dude getting his account banned, i'm glad i have don't hold this company in very high regard when it comes to FFxi.

My friend in game got his account banned recently because he changed his CC, I guess this explains why, though i thought it was for some other reason.

SE seriously needs to shape up. Common sense seems to be less common these days.

I hope you among others here get their accounts back =(. This IS ***.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-07 17:31:43
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
the department that handles the bans

LOL @ them having a department for bans. I'd like to see the nameplate for the door into their cubicles.

2nd Floor
HR
Payroll
Bans
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-07 17:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Crimsontears said:
Fenrir.Thermistacles said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd be pretty furious too. I would be very persistent though. I'd keep calling them until they gave me a valid reason why I was banned. Just annoy them to death and they will eventually give your account back :X

Agreed. Many years ago I got one of those AOL "Free Month" CDs in the mail, and used it...and they charged me $20, which at the time, caused me to bounce another check, for which the bank charged me $30. I called AOL to gripe, and was told that they couldn't give any refunds...um, like HELL.

I spent the next 2 weeks emailing them at least 10 times a day, until finally, I got a supervisor...she tried to give me the same line, that they didn't give refunds, but I just kept saying, "You took money out of my account that you had no right to, and I want it returned NOW."

After another week she finally relented, and they not only refunded the $20, they gave me another $20...and no, I'm not kidding, they actually deposited $40 into my account.

I still call it "The Time I Beat AOL", LOL..

Point is, don't give up, keep bugging them for at least a REASON...I would think as a formerly paying customer, they owe you that much.

Good luck. ^,^;
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-07 17:39:43
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:
the department that handles the bans

LOL @ them having a department for bans. I'd like to see the nameplate for the door into their cubicles.

2nd Floor
HR
Payroll
Bans

Yeah it's pretty stupid...I work in call center myself...So i bet half the ***they say is BS and protocol, have to fill out their ticketing information and kind of fumble around the pre-made script and hope it sounds legitimate.
Realistically I'd say it makes sense why the general service rep wouldn't be able to do anything...but in all honesty they should have been able to put him in contact with someone rather than giving him a street address to mail to...lol we has gaem on internets but we can't help you over tha phone or internets, send us mail that takes two weeks to arrive lolamericans.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-06-07 17:51:38
Link | Citer | R

I dont know if things are different for JP/NA/EU SE support,
but in the past i've had payment rejected about 5 times and never been LM-17'd, i just try to login to POL it sends me strait to the Act. management page to update CC info and its all fixed within minutes, never have to talk to any SE support either. All they do is take 2x the money the following month.

EU POL support seem nice, had to use them serveral times for password resets etc. and they always do it within 5 mins
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-06-07 18:15:42
Link | Citer | R

And then PlayOnline wonders why FFXIV was slated to run without their pathetic interference. "But we've been doing great business with you in FFXI for the past 8 years!" Define great? It took you guys three days to get back to me about a password change... good game, have a nice day.
 Siren.Stunx
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-06-07 18:24:27
Link | Citer | R

changed cc info on xbox? doesnt xbox/ps2 bypass the new 3D code when changing CC's? maybe that triggered it?
 Bahamut.Haublice
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Haublice 2010-06-07 18:54:17
Link | Citer | R

I have channged my CC serveral times from different cards to different card types (visa, mastercard etc.) Never had a problem with it >.> I even just gave my RL friend his account back so his CC has changed 3 times in the last 6 months. IDK but it has to be a certain way you did it, or just bad luck.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-06-07 18:57:16
Link | Citer | R

@op

LM-17 doesn't necessarily mean permanent ban, most likely it's an owed balance to SE that wasn't deducted from your old CC, and once you changed the info, you scared the ***out of their greedy *** and stopped the account until you pay the due balances.

This happened to someone I know and got it back 72 hours later. Just try talking to another GM that's not an idiot. I hope you get it back.