Haste vs. Accuracy Endgame
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16
 Shiva.Daimos
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-06 01:10:38
Link | Citer | R

I believe the main problem you faced was (not to insult either of you) that a hard headed person was pitted against Tiger (another hard headed person)
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-06 01:25:05
Link | Citer | R

I'll admit that rather hard-headed, but that doesn't mean I'm unreasonable. There have been times where I've had no choice but to be grind my teeth and admit I was wrong, as much as I didn't want to. I've never resorted to making stuff up, then ditching the thread after trying to safe as much face as possible (I don't care anymore! This is the internet, don't take it so seriously! lol kbye) *cough*
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-06 12:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Someone: Cobra harness/ASA legs is better than certain recommended pieces

Nobody said they were better, we said they are acceptable until you reach the better pieces. (In this case, Homam(Mirke)/Homam(ASA/Skadi))

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Someone2: What?! Subpar gear is not acceptable and you must have the best!

Someone2 = You.

Bismarck.Ihina said:
forum troll

lol, you moron. /namecalling
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-06 14:12:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Nobody said they were better, we said they are acceptable until you reach the better pieces. (In this case, Homam(Mirke)/Homam(ASA/Skadi))

So you don't think ASA legs are better than Bravo's Subligar/Dusk Trousers? You don't think Cobra Harness is better than Scorpion harness? If you still think that I'm 'wrong', why don't you answer the number of things I've asked rather this throw out weak jabs and run like a coward. Not to mention that last post has considerately less fuel than other your other posts.

BTW, words are hard, so rate me down some more.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-06 14:35:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Quote:

So you don't think ASA legs are better than Bravo's Subligar/Dusk Trousers? You don't think Cobra Harness is better than Scorpion harness? If you still think that I'm 'wrong', why don't you answer the number of things I've asked rather this throw out weak jabs and run like a coward. Not to mention that last post has considerately less fuel than other your other posts.

BTW, words are hard, so rate me down some more.

I'm not the one rating you down. And I was under the impression you were stating that I said Cobra/ASA were better than Mirke Haub/Skadi (which I found weird). But uh, yeah, Cobra Harness is better than Scorpion Harness, and ASA Legs are better than Homam, Bravo's, and Dusk.* Fixed that for you. Sure, Homam look alot nicer and say "Look at me, I have homam, think more highly of me because I didn't cheat my E-peen by using loladd-on legs!", but the fact is, ASA Legs beat out Homam.

So what exactly is your point? Because we're beating a dead horse as this debate stands currently. And I'm not "running like a coward", obviously I'm replying to all your posts, sorry I can't respond within a few seconds because I have more important stuff in RL and RL > arguing over the internet with someone who just doesn't get it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-06 23:38:49
Link | Citer | R

My point is: in my opinion, it's a waste of time to go out of your way to get gear that you're going to end up replacing with something better anyways.

Sure, doing the ASA missions isn't hard, but it'll still take half a day at least, taking up time you could devote towards something else. Then you'd also have to waste your time redoing the mission, if you choose to, to get different augments on them once you obtain Skadi legs.

Sure, getting Cobra harness isn't hard, but unless you just happen to have the ANs on hand and have the rank, you shouldn't devote yourself to campaigning just for the sake of obtaining the Cobra harness, only to never touch it again once you obtain Homam/ACP body.

I think I've heard this said in this thread about a dozen or so times already.

I am one of the best geared THFs on my server, I have more gear sets for THF than most people have for any job (Have you seriously ever seen a THF with a mdef set?) and I have gear 99% of people wouldn't never even attempt to obtain(Hello Hectacomb Subligar +1). I carry 10 weapons with me, all which I use depending on the situation(I said 7 weapons earlier, but I wasn't counting the three in my inventory).

I haven't even gotten to my other jobs on my other characters. My WHM's Cure5 restores 975hp without m.ring/lightsday/lights weather @ -41enm; ask your LS's WHMs how much their Cure5 restores - I bet they don't even know. I can strip my BLM and be 20% closer to my Mandau, if I decided to.

I've spent all this time going back and forth with everyone without pointing out people's gear, but I can start now if you want. You still use Int+4 rings. I've put more gil into obtaining my Novio than every piece of gear you have for BLM. Since you don't actually have THF leveled, do you want to compare your RDM with my RDM mule? The one with perfect enfeebling skill set bar pimp hat+1, multiple enfeebling sets depending on the resistance of the mob along with 5/5 Darksteel+1 for utility purposes. In fact, do you want to compare any of your main against my mules? The answer is no, because I will embarrass you in every way. Truth is, you have a long, long way to go before you're even half the player I am.

All of this took a hell of a lot of time and I didn't get this far by jumping every small increment along the way. Still, if you wish to actually make every little jump, I've stated time and time again that I can respect that opinion. All this only makes it funnier when people who don't even have the job leveled tells me how bad of a THF I am.

What's more, we're not even arguing. All you're doing is popping in, insulting me, then leave. Come back, say how much of a life you have, insult me again, then disappear. Repeat.

So what are you going to do now? Quote one sentence, call me another name? Throw out the real life card, again? I can go take a nap and pretend I'm spending time in real life too. And I wonder where everyone else is.

Hades.Kylos
Serveur: Hades
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-06-07 00:19:39
Link | Citer | R

I read a few pages of this.. and im pretty disgusted..

How is it possible, that you people have got so far into a computer game that you argue in this fashion.. and over what?? Your daggers!

Personally i am a THF 75 too, but im not going to give my opinion on which dagger is better then which, because i simply dont care about that.

Now.. seriously, have any of you actually gone back and read everything you posted? Its unbelievably sad, its not often i look through these forums, hell i dont even play FFXI like i used too, but it seems half the time when i do come in here.. this is what i find.

Now what i realise as well, is that whenever i come in here, the main antagonists of these arguments, and im not being racist in any way here, but the majority are always American, i do have a lot of friends who are american too.

Now i believe in free speech too, but when it comes down to this dribble that i just read through, i just had to say something, because i simply cant believe the immaturity and complete ego that i see here, its like your truly blind and have no idea how to have a bit of respect and work together towards an aim, instead your looking down your noses at each other because you want the biggest e-peen(hate that term) and to win an argument over some daggers...

Now i did understand what just happened, but it seems 2 of you just could not stop, specially Ihina, who apparently always need to have the last word.

Ihina my impression of you, is that you seem to be a pretty selfish and arrogant person, you cannot ever admit to be wrong, and will fight against anyone who implies it so you do not look foolish, im not saying you are wrong in this so called argument, all im saying is that your getting way too worked up over nothing, and you should not let it get to you.

You cannot say it has not got to you, look how much time you spent replying to these posts, and putting so much emphasis by using bold letters, and constantly finding answers to everything that people have said.

Before anyone says anything about me, well i can admit im far from the perfect person, and you may not completely agree with everything i said, but at least i am one trying to stop this completely stupid thread which should be just deleted.

I did see a few of you actually trying to work together to answer the questions, and put time and effort into finding the numbers to prove it, and did it in a nice way, and showed all your workings out without offending anyone, i applaud your efforts and those people should continue on like that.

Im sure i speak on behalf of any player on any server when i say..

For gods sake.. please just let this go and move on..
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-07 00:37:35
Link | Citer | R

Welcome to the internet, you must be new.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-07 00:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Welcome to the internet, you must be new.

I'm gonna have to agree with this.

And there are times when I have come to admit that I'm wrong after a lengthy debate; odds are, this won't be one of them.

Like I mentioned back on page12, I used to do this all the time. This is nothing compared to the kinds of posts I used to pump out. That last post was about 3k characters. I used to pump out 24k+ characters several times a day, on a daily basis, lasting weeks on end. Not exactly something to be proud of, but it'll help give you a frame of reference. It might seem a bit much to you, but it all comes easily to me.

edit: Furthermore.

If I wasn't majoring in CS, I would definitely major in psychology. I've already figured out the typical forum troll, but I've yet to figure out people like you. I've run across many like you before. Why does it bother you and why do you care? Does it make you uneasy for some reason to see two people going at it? Nevermind the former flamers who wish this thread to end so they can put it behind them and forget about it out of their own embarrassment, why does someone with no affiliation to the thread at all care what direction it's heading?
 Ramuh.Tousou
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-07 00:53:24
Link | Citer | R

I continue to be entertained and dancing Avatars are the ***.

Ironically, I've also learned a few things.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-07 04:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, I didn't even notice the whole 'last word' thing until Kylos said something, but I need to say this. And this is important.

A picture of Flonne isn't complete if her girlfriend isn't in it too. Fix that avatar, good sir.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-06-07 05:00:31
Link | Citer | R

ITT: If you have the best gear, you are the best player and any point you make is automatically valid.

Virtuosus, learn to RL less and FFXI more. This person obviously deserves your undivided attention. I'll be expecting a 24,000 character reply from you by Monday morning; anything less is subpar. I mean come on, his WHM cures for 975. You cannot attain that by getting a Light Staff before you get an Apollo's Staff, because that means you're gimp for the rest of your life and will therefore lose any argument.

I'm wondering if Ihina has yet realized that the item set he's referring to with INT+4 rings isn't even what Virtuosus uses (unless I missed the update in which Taru can use Elvaan JSE). Oh and before you move onto my sets, I'll save you the trouble: I wouldn't really consider any of my jobs worth mentioning to anyone, let alone your almighty self, as I am and have been without an endgame LS for quite some time and have lost/purged everything on my account twice. And no, I don't know how much my WHM Cure V's for.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 05:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Sure, doing the ASA missions isn't hard, but it'll still take half a day at least, taking up time you could devote towards something else.
Not relevant the time it takes you to do all missions. Only the final matters cause that's the only one you'll have to redo to swap them to pants for another job once they're replaced.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-07 05:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Sure, doing the ASA missions isn't hard, but it'll still take half a day at least, taking up time you could devote towards something else.

Because you can spam salvage and limbus all day to get pants that replace the ASA ones right?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-07 05:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Oh look just who turned a new leaf.

First, the only attack on me was my gear. Once I've shown that not only am I better geared and a better player ...wait what are you attacking me for now? What possible ground do you hold besides continually regurgitate that I'm incredibly arrogant? Going to toss your oh-so-powerful talent at sarcasm at me again? Quick to tell me I'm a bad player when you're not worth squat yourself. Enjoy sitting there, barking like a dog because that's all you can do.

Quote:
Oh and before you move onto my sets, I'll save you the trouble: I wouldn't really consider any of my jobs worth mentioning to anyone, let alone your almighty self, as I am and have been without an endgame LS for quite some time and have lost/purged everything on my account twice. And no, I don't know how much my WHM Cure V's for.

In other words: Yes, I'm gimp and you're better geared than me too(and I am, of course, where the bloody hell is your Morrigan gear), please don't insult me by pointing out my gear even though it's all right for everyone to insult you by pointing out your gear.

PS: HQ those wizard's gloves already. It's Limbus for god's sake. You can solo both pieces.

And your THF .... I don't even want to start. It just makes me sad. Oh so sad.

Oh this is fun. Maybe I should pick at more people's gear, even if it does contain superior gear I wouldn't dare to even attempt to obtain.

Quote:
Not relevant the time it takes you to do all missions. Only the final matters cause that's the only one you'll have to redo to swap them to pants for another job once they're replaced.

Hmmmmm as much as I hate to agree with you, I'm going to have to agree for this point. It still holds that redoing the fight (and reobtaining the key items) is still wasting time that could be put towards doing something else, so my point still stands, though drastically weakened for this item.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-07 05:55:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Because you can spam salvage and limbus all day to get pants that replace the ASA ones right?

Did you not read this thread at all? Or do you play a different game where you can only upgrade one slot for one job at a time?

BTW, Homam pants don't replace ASA legs, but thanks for joining in on our conversation anyways.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-06-07 07:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Oh sorry I didn't ding 75 into Morrigan's and AF+1 last month >_< I feel so bad about myself now. How could I imagine ever leveling a job to 75 without already having completed endgame gear for it already! And what was I thinking when I stopped doing endgame seven jobs ago?! And how ridiculous! I must've been drunk when I passed all but two items that I was called to lot against someone else on because I cared more about other people being happy with themselves than myself. I forgot FFXI was all about being better than everyone else.

And why should I be in a rush to get Wizard's Gloves +1 if I don't do endgame? I must be totally missing something here.

And when did I insult your gear? I must've missed this...because I don't consider myself in any position to mock your gear, assuming I even looked at it (if I did, I don't actually remember any of it). If you read closely, you'll realize that many of these posts are mocking your attitude, not gear nor player skill (which I don't believe can be properly judged over forums anyway). And in fact, the only reason anyone pointed out your gear in the first place was not the gear itself--I highly doubt anyone would care about a random person using PHarpe/Blau whether it is or isn't worse than Blau/Sirocco--but rather because of your uncalled-for elitism in a very modest thread.

And yeah, I'd agree my THF is one of my sadder jobs, in fact probably the worst excluding WHM and SMN, which are both essentially naked. I sold several things, including Blau Dolch, to spend on my BLM instead and I'm waiting to see how the update pans out before I spend anymore gil. But no, I wouldn't say I'm generally gimp, I'm just nothing special. Does it make me a bad person to not be as badass as you ._.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 08:03:26
Link | Citer | R

Goooooooo flippie
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-07 08:10:52
Link | Citer | R

Onion Dagger > All!

/thread
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 08:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Onion Dagger > All! /thread
Don't forget to Dual Beestinger and Hornetneedle for the ultimate in THF zergs! needs more haste yo.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-07 08:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
ITT: If you have the best gear, you are the best player and any point you make is automatically valid.

Virtuosus, learn to RL less and FFXI more. This person obviously deserves your undivided attention. I'll be expecting a 24,000 character reply from you by Monday morning; anything less is subpar. I mean come on, his WHM cures for 975. You cannot attain that by getting a Light Staff before you get an Apollo's Staff, because that means you're gimp for the rest of your life and will therefore lose any argument.

I'm wondering if Ihina has yet realized that the item set he's referring to with INT 4 rings isn't even what Virtuosus uses (unless I missed the update in which Taru can use Elvaan JSE). Oh and before you move onto my sets, I'll save you the trouble: I wouldn't really consider any of my jobs worth mentioning to anyone, let alone your almighty self, as I am and have been without an endgame LS for quite some time and have lost/purged everything on my account twice. And no, I don't know how much my WHM Cure V's for.

r8^

To Iniha: All my item sets were made for other people's questions, and none of them are used by me. Way to assume ***though, I'm not going to argue anymore because now you've just started bragging and I could really give two shits less about how much your WHM cures for, I'd rather have a shitty WHM who isn't a total douchebag than you anyway.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 08:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Wait, he's bragging about WHM cures, and this 975 is his average? Serious question before I post another reply (looking for someone else to answer aside lolIniha)
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-07 08:39:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Iniha said:
Also, do.not.use.ASA.legs.with.3%haste.and.7acc.please.
Bismarck.Iniha said:
Bravo's subligar/Dusk trousers to Homam legs to Skadi legs.

You're going to do an entire mini-expansion to get something you're going to replace anyways?
Bismarck.Ihina said:
BTW, Homam pants don't replace ASA legs, but thanks for joining in on our conversation anyways.
Bismark.Iniha said:
It would have been pretty childish to go back on your word again, huh? Once is plenty per topic.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-07 08:42:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Wait, he's bragging about WHM cures, and this 975 is his average? Serious question before I post another reply (looking for someone else to answer aside lolIniha)
Quote:
I haven't even gotten to my other jobs on my other characters. My WHM's Cure5 restores 975hp without m.ring/lightsday/lights weather @ -41enm; ask your LS's WHMs how much their Cure5 restores - I bet they don't even know. I can strip my BLM and be 20% closer to my Mandau, if I decided to

Taken out of context, but that's the main reference. It's actually on this page if you'd like to read it.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 08:52:08
Link | Citer | R

I can't even read his posts anymore. The sheer stupidity makes my head hurt.

Still lol. Seeing as this will now probably creep into WHMs too, our resident LS WHM has 180% potency and can break 1.2k Cure Vs, and she has every potency+ gear there is. So there, use your mighty math power and break that down for us.

If I have to I'll ask her to do testing and personally assist in it.

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but this guy is just being stupid and needs to grow up, accept, and drop it. I'm amazed this hasn't been thrown into the Flame Core yet.

Also why not just strip your BLM then and get that much close to your relic, might as well since you want to be teh 1773ist THF there is.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-07 09:02:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said:
This statement confuses me. Haste+3% > Hastes +5%?
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-07 09:03:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Haste +5%

Wait, wut?
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 09:04:17
Link | Citer | R

Both have haste+3
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-07 09:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but this guy is just being stupid and needs to grow up, accept, and drop it.

This is an incredibly ironic statement.

To be blunt, the easiest way for this to stop is for everyone to stop. Not one side, not the other... Both.

In reality, if anyone really wanted to see it stop, they'd be like "You know what.. The OP has more or less been answered, all I'm doing is bumping this up and prolonging the annoyance."

It's really not that difficult... No really, it's not. :p

The fact that it hasn't happened yet is probably the reason I continue to be incredibly entertained.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-07 09:06:02
Link | Citer | R

lol, my bad I was thinking of byakko's.

Edit: looked up homam pants versus ASA augments... why is ASA better than?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16