users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Taru PLD
Taru PLD
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-06-02 18:06:00
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know a good HP, MDB (with some HP) and normal tanking set for a taru PLD?

recently lvl'd mine but i'd like to keep a fair amount of HP since i know we tarus lack in it lol.

Right now i have around 1300~ HP in Iron ram set + other pieces but i'd like some views on decent sets that work for taru PLDs
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-02 18:07:14
Link | Citer | R

The best set for taru is leveling rdm.
[+]
 Fairy.Maimed
Serveur: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-06-02 18:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Use everything every other Paladin uses and maybe just avoid swapping out Bomb Queen Ring, Gigant Mantle, and Bloodbead Ring. That should keep your HP at decent levels comparable to other races.

Unfortunately this isn't 100% rock solid advice to use in every situation considering rings play a valuable role in MDT-% setups.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-02 18:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Whatever other races use basicly, but remember that taru RSE gear give huge amounts of hp.
Hands and belt give really nice amounts.
 Leviathan.Scorch
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-06-02 18:15:16
Link | Citer | R

http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/ Enjoy.
 Shiva.Xet
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-02 18:15:38
Link | Citer | R

/war or /nin? IR set has MDB and HP. Gigant, bloodbead ring, cassie, BQ ring (which i still need) Step belt etc are all good for hp boosts.

Really hp helps alot but no matter if you /nin or /war you are only as good as your support. I think my pld/nin idles in 1211 before food (pescatora is an awesome hp boost capping at +150)

for /nin haste is more important then +hp and really as long as both sets can macro in hp gear so you 1400+ even if its in cure cheat then you should be fine as any thing that does <1400 you should recover and anything over 1400 is probably doing 2-4k.

Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-02 18:18:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Scorch said:

That website is awful.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-02 18:22:24
Link | Citer | R

Iron Ram should do you ok for a starting point and is effectivly the best in MDB sets aside Coral.

For a max HP build might have to mix and match things. Should also look into the level 70ish RSE stuff as well

Usually haste is mixed around and homan legs is usually idled in most of the time.

If I had to say something along the lines of normal tanking set, the one I see the most is Ares body, Bahamut mask, homan arms legs feet, sometimes asker hands and feet.

Not sure if that answers your question but I took a stab for you =( If you need more info ask~