Xbox 360 Not Work In Besieged?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » xbox 360 not work in besieged?
xbox 360 not work in besieged?
 Bismarck.Patrik
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2008-12-22 13:24:07
Link | Citer | R

i started playing ffxi on 360 after ps2 broke a year ago and every time i do besieged the game freezes exactly 3 minutes before the besieged ends... i've tested this on friends 360s as well and it still happens. is anyone else having this problem?
 Fenrir.Alijah
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2008-12-22 13:44:34
Link | Citer | R

I have a few friends that have this problem. They've tried to avoid it by working for the first half hour-ish, and then hiding in a low traffic area to lessen the chance of lagging out and crashing. It tends to work, and they usually get max xp, just like the people who spent the entire hour fighting.

Just pick a safe spot to stand in, and keep an eye on your character and keep RR up in case you aggro and die. Sucks to go afk for the last half hour and then come back to an empty Al Zahbi and dead character.
 Asura.Hatheron
Serveur: Asura
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2008-12-22 13:55:57
Link | Citer | R

This same issue has happened to me several times. I'm to the point where I avoid Besieged altogether, much to my dismay. If SE corrected this, it would be nice, but there's really no correcting the 360's tendency to freeze when there's too much going on. This also happens in Campaign. Just like Alijah says, find a quiet place until things die down, and pray you don't die. :/
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2008-12-22 14:36:05
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I've done that same thing before in besieged. Where I'll do alot in the first half hour or so then go to a corner. Then I usually spam items and ablities + my 2hr as I get them.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2008-12-22 15:34:11
Link | Citer | R

I have to use my wifes PC if I want to do besieged. Like you said 360 will always crash at the exact same time before it ends. If she is using her PC then I just don't go.
 Leviathan.Mabon
Serveur: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Mabon 2008-12-22 16:20:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

I usually just enter a few minutes late. Even like 5 minutes seems to be enough for me. I have had my xbox crash at literally at the 59th minute.
 Caitsith.Lilyetti
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Lilyetti
By Caitsith.Lilyetti 2008-12-22 19:46:23
Link | Citer | R

ok i play on xbox also, and this has happened to me alot, first of all, i limit all the texts i can, and effects, i go /names to turn off the lag and it seems to help a bit, i dont do much besiged but i do alot, i tend to get about 3 to 5 besiged before i lag out of one
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2008-12-23 00:54:04
Link | Citer | R

im on the box and its never happend to me. guess im a lucky one.
 Pandemonium.Areis
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2008-12-23 01:37:35
Link | Citer | R

One of the big things with the Xbox people don't realize is just how much of your HD that FF takes up and how that can effect your performance. The more other things you have saved on your HD the less "run space" there is for temporary files. I never experienced serious disconnect issues on my Xbox in fact of all three platforms I've played on its been the most stable. However i had nothing besides FF installed (game saves on a memory card). You'll have similar problems with your computer if you totally fill your hard drive... usually if your getting anywhere near 80~90% capacity its time to get a new drive to maintain performance.
 Diabolos.Deltafox
Serveur: Diabolos
user: dfox
By Diabolos.Deltafox 2008-12-23 03:06:05
Link | Citer | R

The problem is with the amount of people/mob's in the area at the time, and the fact you haven't zoned for that full 57 min's sometimes more and xbox somewhere between the coding, the data that is sent to the server and the xbox itself they decide not to play together. This usually has to do with the amount of effects turned on and the display settings you have on your xbox. Sadly it hasn't always been broken. It first started out with the level 6 beseige's only to have it happen again at level 7 and level 8. I really wish they'd fix this.
 Ragnarok.Albender
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2008-12-23 05:07:12
Link | Citer | R

I have the same problem >.>
Will try to empty a bit my 360 HD.
And fight for a while and then IDL in a corner.
Bah..
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2008-12-23 05:43:59
Link | Citer | R

maybe you all should play on pc so that doesnt happen anymore.
 Ragnarok.Albender
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2008-12-23 08:11:25
Link | Citer | R

Chibixzero said:
maybe you all should play on pc so that doesnt happen anymore.

Maybe you should give a helpful advise or avoid to post instead of telling console users to switc to pc...

>.>
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
Serveur: Unicorn
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2008-12-23 12:55:23

Patrik said:
i started playing ffxi on 360 after ps2 broke a year ago and every time i do besieged the game freezes exactly 3 minutes before the besieged ends... i've tested this on friends 360s as well and it still happens. is anyone else having this problem?

If you go down to where all the action is than yes you will freeze before it ends.When your kinda sure that its gonna end go into first person view and run to a corner so that the only thing you see is the wall.Just wait for it to be over.By doing this it will only load what is on the screen,this way it wont load text and ppl and mobs and such.I found this to work alot of times,if it still freezes,just switch to pc during besieged or don't do besieged anymore.From what i've seen you get more xp if you do Campaign or just PT/Solo in the same amount of time.IMO of course besieged isn't really worth it if you might freeze cause the xp really isnt all that great compared to other options D=
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2008-12-23 12:57:21

Areis said:
One of the big things with the Xbox people don't realize is just how much of your HD that FF takes up and how that can effect your performance. The more other things you have saved on your HD the less "run space" there is for temporary files. I never experienced serious disconnect issues on my Xbox in fact of all three platforms I've played on its been the most stable. However i had nothing besides FF installed (game saves on a memory card). You'll have similar problems with your computer if you totally fill your hard drive... usually if your getting anywhere near 80~90% capacity its time to get a new drive to maintain performance.

Very sound advice.I agree.
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2008-12-23 12:58:26

Albender said:
I have the same problem >.> Will try to empty a bit my 360 HD. And fight for a while and then IDL in a corner. Bah..

Better than dying tho lol it never freeezes this way and you don't run the risk of death just as the besieged ends.
 Siren.Narayan
Serveur: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2008-12-23 14:53:37
Link | Citer | R

FFXI 360 is a port of the PC version which is a port of the PS2 version most likely lol

One issue apparent in the PC version is SE's bad use of cache memory. It will cache like everything until you zone. So a double besieged or triple even is like hell on wheels. The wheel tends to be a red ring of death :P

Ive gone through 3 360s, I just play on my laptop now.

Id like to see a full rewrite of the game to accomodate the 360 and PS3 so we get the full use of the systems. Also would like to see the death or 'FFXI lite' for the PS2 as the excuse of 'well the ps2 just cant handle it' has gotten thrown out many times and is just lame nowadays.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-23 15:52:49
Link | Citer | R

A rewrite is highly unlikely imo, considering the amount of requests for more content, on top of basic maintanence etc. Shouldnt it be on microsoft's responsibility for how a game can run on its system? How about changing settings on the xbox to use less details or polygons etc?

Not looking for answers here btw. Just a couple questions to possibly make a point.
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2008-12-23 18:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Albender said:

Maybe you should give a helpful advise or avoid to post instead of telling console users to switc to pc...

>.>

Yea I got helpful advice. throw that crappy sexbox away and get on pc
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [350 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Pwnsalot
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Pwnsalot
By Lakshmi.Pwnsalot 2009-12-09 06:52:10
Link | Citer | R

This is an easy fix. Call either Xbox live support (1-800-4MY-XBOX) or POL (1-858-790-7529) and simply mention you want a list of ports XBOX uses so you do not crash in Beseiged. The reason you don't crash on PC is because PC uses less ports to play the game and load Besieged. After you get the list, just update your router settings and you're golden. At least I was :)
By Korm 2009-12-09 08:09:03
Link | Citer | R

My xbox froze at the end of every besieged too.. between that and 4 RROD I finally gave up an that piece of crap and went to pc for ffxi and ps3 for console gaming.