Forum » FFXI » Servers » Gilgamesh » Ronfare outpost
Ronfare outpost
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-05-23 12:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Ronfare outpost is windy finally!!! (have friends with 6+ years that only remember it windy once, on gilgamesh)

It was hard, but we made it! Took a decent ammount of gil and ppl spending things like 260k conquest points or event 200k allied notes. Apart from some low level xp and KRT windy ppl merit party.

I would like to thank everyone that helped. But mainly Annoulita, Boemir, Carmentisis & Storytellar. Whithout the help from these core Windy members of Illuminated & GTD, the outpost would never be ours.

Annoulita for her spam trades and xp in ronfare;
Boemir for a dedication to the cause on the last two days, equal to mine during the week;
Carmentisis for the xp in ronfare, even controling two chars to make windy get more points;
Storytellar for the xp, trades, but mainly for the hours of CB he willingly invested on this OP ;)

Thanks everyone that helped with what they could. You know how much i appreciated the gestures of good will to the "cause" ;) . I really wanted this and im very happy that we made it. Lets face it, if we didnt get this op it would have been a big loss for me. In so many diferent levels.

For all the windy ppl that knew we were trying to get this and didnt help a bit... Well... We didnt need you anyway and you better hope you dont need us either.

To all that said we would not make it... Well... go check Regions ;)

To EVERYONE from windy!!! if you didnt do it yet... RUN go get that supply quest!!! :p
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-23 13:00:53
Link | Citer | R

Sandy owns Gustaberg on Shiva atm.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-05-23 13:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Grats and all, but I don't think OP are worth all that much anymore with retrace and ease of exploration being active 9 times out of 10... definetely not worth the amount you spent on it >_>;
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-05-23 13:09:17
Link | Citer | R

i wish ease of exploration was active even half of that
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Boemir
user: Wheels
By Gilgamesh.Boemir 2010-05-23 13:11:38
Link | Citer | R

Well go tell that to the 30-50 (possibly more since I went away after) ppl that went there right after conquest tally to get the OP. In a game like FFXI, everything that makes moving around easier is worth doing
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-05-23 13:14:36
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Boemir said:
Well go tell that to the 30-50 (possibly more since I went away after) ppl that went there right after conquest tally to get the OP. In a game like FFXI, everything that makes moving around easier is worth doing

Oh yeh people will flock there to get it if it's available, but going to the effort of actually capturing it in the first place is a different kettle of fish.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-23 13:25:05
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Grats and all, but I don't think OP are worth all that much anymore with retrace and ease of exploration being active 9 times out of 10... definetely not worth the amount you spent on it >_>;

You do realise each server is different right?
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-05-23 13:31:41
Link | Citer | R

Its not worth it if you think only for yourself!... But for me and all my friends, i know will enjoy having it, it is worth it.

So take out your "ME" hat and put on your "WE" hat, im sure youll find it worthwhile.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-23 14:25:31
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sandy owns Gustaberg on Shiva atm.

Couple months ago, on Valefor, Sandy kept taking Gustaberg, happened like 3-4 times over a month or so.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-05-23 14:49:39
Link | Citer | R

Seeing Gusta being owned by another nation as an achievement in todays FFXI is foolish. Astral Burning has made it so that one party of Windurstians can turn the tide in a single night of burning, negating the entire week of everyone else from Bastok moving from 1-10.

Anyway, to the Original Poster (OP?!). Grats on getting that Outpost (OLAWDY OP). On my old server, Windy only had Ronfaure uhm...twice if I can recall. It's hard to do legit, so if you guys EXP'd traditionally and spent IS/AN/CP/Gil on it, I commend you on your hard work. Hopefully, even though you're likely to not get any thanks from the useless people who refused to help but will reap your reward, you feel satisfied knowing you helped your server in a time that everyone is in it for the "MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME" of the game.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-05-23 17:18:06
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
Anyway, to the Original Poster (OP?!). Grats on getting that Outpost (OLAWDY OP). On my old server, Windy only had Ronfaure uhm...twice if I can recall. It's hard to do legit, so if you guys EXP'd traditionally and spent IS/AN/CP/Gil on it, I commend you on your hard work. Hopefully, even though you're likely to not get any thanks from the useless people who refused to help but will reap your reward, you feel satisfied knowing you helped your server in a time that everyone is in it for the "MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME" of the game.

Its nice to see that someone undertood the spirit of the thing.

Its was done the proper way.

I have a pic in my char from the evolution of the last days. Up untill the 1st day on that pic i was crafting for skill ups and trading it. Most of the bar was from that. after that it was mainly 5 ppl from windy with some smaller help from many friends. The big jump 21 hopurs from tally was when big gil, conquest points & allied notes was spent for gear to be traded. Then up to the tally we mantained close to sandy and traded HL gear whenever we lost it to sandy.