Endgame: What Can I Expect?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Endgame: What can I expect?
Endgame: What can I expect?
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-05-19 13:31:21
Link | Citer | R

With a rdm/blm + brd/blm (troubadour merit), you could be better tank than paladin on gods at sky.

Elemental seal + troubadour + Elegy = slow for 8min
Elemental Seal + Slow II = Slow for (depend MND setup).
Haste from rdm + double march from = cast/recast very low, no need to use Ichi.

Have to use sushi, need merit katana too and good acc/haste setup.

I didnt tried yet this combo brd/blm + rdm/blm, but i think its the way to tank really easy gods.

Since sky need sneak all the time you are farming, you wont see brd sub /blm unless its a gods event all the day.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-05-19 13:34:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Nonsense aside, you're going to be doing whatever some idiot sky leader wants you to. A competent linkshell will NOT accept a NIN75 only unless you've done a lot of social networking.

Dynamis: DD. If you get hate, recast ni to not die. Ideally you want to be wearing full damage gear with no respect to evasion or damage taken.

Limbus: Same as dynamis in normal zones, can tank /drk using a stun/bind/sleep rotation to keep hate on omega or ultima. When tanking /DRK, use a terra's staff or earth staff instead of katanas. As mentioned, use damage taken- gear over evasion gear if shadows are down.

Sky NMs: Tank /DRK.

Sea NMs: Tank /DRK or /RDM.

Einherjar: Same as dynamis.

The problem is that in the DD situations, a real DD will fit the role better as hate changes enough your extra shadow and ability to evade are worthless. They maintain the same defensive capability over time while doing more damage. In tanking situations, a PLD will put out damage through atonement and a RDM will stay alive better. Depending on the threat to tank, most will opt for one of those 2.

Ideally, you'll get in a half decent sky shell and get to experience some of endgame and snag your byakko's and other key items while you level a real job to join a real linkshell. Pay attention to what's most fun for you about NIN, the great part of the job is that it can do everything. I'd recommend leveling MNK or WAR if you enjoy DD tanking / RDM or DRK if you enjoy soloing or /DRK tanking. Experience from NIN will make them easier to get used to, and you'll be widening your usefulness to potential linkshells dramatically.

A sky ls will take just about anybody even if nin75 is his only job, the member turnover rate is pretty high. These Linkshells do tend to not last very long and it sucks to be a mage because we want fookin Genbu for A.mitts but the 90% DD majority will have you farm and kill Byakko 3242334 times instead.

but its relatively good experience anyway. If todays sky linkshells are anything like the ones I was in then you'll probably still tank lots (cause of lack of or dead plds) and hopefully walk away with something to show for it. But mostly it is about social networking. Friends move on to bigger and better things and you can get dragged along with with them even if you dont meet elite ls requirements.

social networking is a key to endgame for sure.

But I hope the OP doesnt feel terrible about lvling nin. Nin is a good job just in endgame you dont want to have only one job. You're ls leader needs to be able to schedule and put alliances together and it can limit their workings.

I do have to say that I love nin in most assaults (thats not endgame but just saying).

and I concur that mnk is another great tanking job. Great in salvage...and...practically everything there is...
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-19 13:38:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
With a rdm/blm brd/blm (troubadour merit), you could be better tank than paladin on gods at sky.
Elemental seal troubadour Elegy = slow for 8min
Elemental Seal Slow II = Slow for (depend MND setup).
Haste from rdm double march from = cast/recast very low, no need to use Ichi.
Have to use sushi, need merit katana too and good acc/haste setup. I didnt tried yet this combo brd/blm rdm/blm, but i think its the way to tank really easy gods. Since sky need sneak all the time you are farming, you wont see brd sub /blm unless its a gods event all the day.
Seems a bit excessive. I've actually seen nin/drks effectively evasion tank everything but kirin without slow or elegy getting ballad/march. Not like anyone uses tanks on genbu usually lol
 Siren.Stunx
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-05-19 13:39:45
Link | Citer | R

ur morals to goto ***
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-05-19 13:43:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Seems a bit excessive. I've actually seen nin/drks effectively evasion tank everything but kirin without slow or elegy getting ballad/march. Not like anyone uses tanks on genbu usually lol

Yeah sure it is, but its funny as hell to see how fast you are :p

Kirin should probably resist earth spells so exit slow/elegy... and /drk better.

as for Genbu... anyway he dispel song so... ^^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-19 13:46:11
Link | Citer | R

Daus said:
A sky ls will take just about anybody even if nin75 is his only job, the member turnover rate is pretty high. These Linkshells do tend to not last very long and it sucks to be a mage because we want fookin Genbu for A.mitts but the 90% DD majority will have you farm and kill Byakko 3242334 times instead.
Dunno what you're talking about, I had 3x Zenith abjurations and my Genbu's Shield within a month of joining my first sky shell =P The LS leader loved me, I had perfect attendance, and it was a leader decided who gets what type shell. Good times, good times.

On that note, it may be worthwhile to join a sky shell that's just starting up in order to attempt to jump the line for Byakko's Haidate. Alternatively, if you've got gil to throw around and don't feel like waiting send me a PM, as my LS sells Haidate.
By Nikolce 2010-05-19 14:00:51
Link | Citer | R

Becoming a man....

Your first time in Dynamis will be like your first wet dream both shocking and embarrassing... Like Tre said you can expect to die a lot and feel lost in your own home town. You will probably be screamed at in caps. You wont hug the wall close enough when they tell you too and you will pull the death house (wipe #1). You'll piss everyone off by lotting everything that comes up free lot especially when they find out you don't even have the job unlocked.

They should start you off easy and have you bringing statues back to the blms but then when you start to get comfortable doing it you'll go and prematurely ejacuvoke the one stone they were going to skip to save time. (wipe #2) You'll forget to bring food and drinks and meds and a reraise item and sit there with your shadows down screaming for Silena getting pummeled by a statue (which you will inexplicably try to solo) and then you will run the wrong way again and die. (wipe #3) You will be waiting a lot for raises. You will whimper and beg for r3s and therefore you will get a r1. You will run out of tools. You'll go the wrong way on your first sack pull for the win(wipe #4).

Yes, you will wipe your ls a total of four times but your ls will pull off a miracle last second win...however you wont be able to get up to get it because you don't have reraise on so you also wont be able to pass the relic some guy has been waiting a year and a half for and then it's over....

As you lay dead in front of the mog house you will be screamed at mercilessly in shout, you will not be raised and then you will delevel when you homepoint after having your shell broken.

If you eventually want to run with a late night EST linkshell I would recommend joining a weekend EU linkshell first (and vice versa) and working out all of your kinks on them. It's slightly less embarrassing getting punted by people you don't know.

Or you could shock the hell out of everyone by showing up both on time and prepared with everything you will need, do your job competently and thus be hailed as the Ubernoob

The choice, as always, is yours.
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-05-19 14:06:13
Link | Citer | R

omg Nikolce, did all that happen to you? lol! My first dyna wasn't nearly so traumatic. I was on rng, got pulled into a friend's ls because they were short on members. Never went through rules or applications or anything, friend just said 'I can bring these two!' and leader said pearl them and get them in the dyna zone. So... I didn't know how to use an assist macro, but I did have auto-target turned off. (Lucky.) I was mad because by the time I figured out which mob to fight, it was mostly dead and I'd only get off one shot or so at it. After my 2nd or so dyna, I had it mostly figured out. Good times! ^^
 Unicorn.Ignasio
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2010-05-19 14:14:29
Link | Citer | R

Totally clicked the wrong button =O
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-05-19 14:17:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
They should start you off easy and have you bringing statues back to the blms

Statues are pulled?

my ls the BLMs race to the front to see who can nuke down the statues the fastest :o

since me and my friend can 2 shot em, makes for great competition XD
Quote:
You wont hug the wall close enough when they tell you too and you will pull the death house (wipe #1)
hmm, skip death house too! what kinda dyna ls is this?
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-05-19 14:23:12
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Drama, ***, and noobs. Expect them. As for your role, mostly tanking and kiting.
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-05-19 14:44:49
Link | Citer | R

my quote button isnt working!
Quote:
Dunno what you're talking about, I had 3x Zenith abjurations and my Genbu's Shield within a month of joining my first sky shell =P The LS leader loved me, I had perfect attendance, and it was a leader decided who gets what type shell. Good times, good times.

On that note, it may be worthwhile to join a sky shell that's just starting up in order to attempt to jump the line for Byakko's Haidate. Alternatively, if you've got gil to throw around and don't feel like waiting send me a PM, as my LS sells Haidate.

gasp lucky. I got zenith tiara (which is still an abj)....maybe legs...think legs..in like 7 months maybe?....I didnt get zmitts til after I had morrigans gloves and I didnt even get them in sky, got them from Odin in a different ls.

I had near perfect attendance for scheduled events but I didnt live in sky and some people'd spend all day farming byakko triggers and for extra points. Plus we had alot of blms and I believe they got priority, not to mention bad luck. Even in my current ls theres a running joke about not getting zmitts..they just dont exist. I quit that ls when it was my lot, but it broke soon after. I did walk away with a seal of byakko though..think I still have it.
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Knightofdragon 2010-05-19 14:47:04
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis - first voke/assister,
Sky - NIN/drk tank, thow you'll need pratice i'm afraid most Nin's can't tank well, and this is due to lack of focus, whats gives nin a bad rep. not to mention pld does have better surviablity. due to shield block/Sent.
Sea - Nin/drk kiter/eva tank.

And these events shldnt find much drama/***. Noobs you diffently find thow :D
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2010-05-20 03:51:09
Link | Citer | R

You can have alot of fun on Ninja, I run a Sea/Sky/Limbus ls, and for everything but JoL/Ultima, Nin/Drk is easier to gear well and can be more efficient than PLD. Even with access to an Aegis Pld, I still choose to use Nin/drk in -40%+ Damage gear + Defense Food, you take far less damage with shadows down than Pld. Pld is nice with full time movement speed and I still use it alot, but I feel more comfortable rolling with Ninjas. Specifically for things like Jailer of Prudence, Ninja makes things much easier, and its quite entertaining to be the Ninja for events like that. Having both jobs leveled, and geared well, I still choose to tank with Ninja 80% of the time. Nin/Drk for things like Byakko / straight tanking Kirin, is good times.

As for Dynamis.. Not much use, at all really. I mean, you can DD, and since Dynamis mobs are easy, you do fairly well, but generally its a downgrade if you have a true DD job available.

I hope you end up in a LS open to the use of Ninjas OP, but you should definately level another job regardless. Versatility is huge.

Bismarck.Aryden
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-20 05:19:10
Link | Citer | R

I have been, as nin, main assist in dynamis, puller, kiter, statue holder, DD, you name it. Even with shitty gear, i have tanked everything in sky, 90% of ground kings/HNMS (i exclude a few that i did as pld). The real fun of it is, even when you may not have the greatest gear ever, but you get slapped with double march, haste and a decent haste setup and you start windmilling on a mob so much so that even the mnk are cackling on vent about your attack speed, you'll love it. (even when your whiffing like mad on a god if your not tanking)

And i dont know where everyone is getting this "expect alot of deaths" stuff, generally in dynamis i was one of the LAST people to die because i DID have shadows and I COULD gtfo and kite.

make sure you have /drk, /rdm and /dnc. try out nin/drk in dynamis, put stun on 100 fisting mnks, stun -gas, etc. One of my favorite things to do is suprise blms by waiting for stats to come in, /assist the blm assist by stunning their target, dropping poison on another 2-3 stats and holding them in place till they get to nuking hardcore. Helped keep things more organized.
By Devaraja 2010-05-31 16:02:23
Link | Citer | R

It all depends on the shell you get, don't let any of this advice discourage you if you truly like your NIN.

I run my own sky shell, and we let our NIN's tank anything. I'm not the best tank, but I don't have any problems keeping up with our PLDs. The only thing Ninja can't really tank in sky too well is Kirin, but still, it's possible, we've done it many times.

Limbus is another fun event you can solo or duo for AF+1. To me, this is a Ninja's time to shine, no other job can do what you can do down there quite as well. Don't expect any Omega or Ultima kills though. :p
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-01 05:49:46
Link | Citer | R

I dont know since I got it to 75 havent used it for any endmage events. Every time I ask if we need a tank... cause hello I have a nin <.< I get asked to come sam lol

I dont know what kind of a shell you had Devaraja our nin tanked Kirin better than our plds <.<

edit I have /drk too
By Devaraja 2010-06-01 14:02:40
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
I dont know since I got it to 75 havent used it for any endmage events. Every time I ask if we need a tank... cause hello I have a nin <.< I get asked to come sam lol

I dont know what kind of a shell you had Devaraja our nin tanked Kirin better than our plds <.<

edit I have /drk too

We're lacking WHMs. (_ _)
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2010-06-01 14:06:06
Link | Citer | R

be all and end all of end game is

drama,leetness, opinions , theories end of story
By Zekko 2010-06-01 14:17:52
Link | Citer | R

I'll put this straight. If you want to do EG and you only have NIN. Just stop a level a mage, preferably BLM. Otherwise don't do EG
 Phoenix.Darki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-01 16:06:39
Link | Citer | R

From your job expect nothing important...
from endgame, noobs, rude people, corruption, not getting gear etc. etc. etc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-08-03 02:22:33
Link | Citer | R

and a lot of e-peens as well
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-03 02:24:51