Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2008-12-20 18:49:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Santoro said:
Erm..
Nepharite said:
Your plan is just riddled with problems as is.
How can you say this? the OP hasn't actually given away any specific details apart from the overall premise of his new concept. Stop trying to flame them for no reason, it may/maynot work but they have an idea that they believe is a worth while investment of time and energy so who are you to call them on it? Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for your 2 cents^^ It will be difficult to get ppl used to this new system but everyone on this thread heard it here first lol
 Unicorn.Jponryy
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Jponryy 2009-01-01 14:59:50
Link | Citer | R

Yojimmbo said:
Forming a Dynamis Shell.
You get paid to show up.
You get Ancient Currency.
You can fund a run.
You don't have to put up with leaving with just an Orc Liver.
More info as it becomes available...

Yah, my take on this is ... I would possibly fund dynamis runs, but if coins are going to some kind of free-lot, why would i dump my gil?

From a perspective of one who may want to fund runs in the near future it doesnt make any sense at all and any of the other 5 billion dynamis ls's would be a better option, unless your real agenda is to pay it yourself and you don't care to attract any people wanting to sponsor runs for a relic. Which I guess would make sense judging by your lack of concern for those who may want to do business.

If you could enlighten me as to how its possible to fund a run, keep the currency that funding the run pays for, and also pay out to an entire LS of dynamis goers maybe we can talk.

However, due to the nature of your posts and inability to propose your plans, only your promises, i think it's a pipe dream. You've offered grand promises but offered no real plan, it sounds just like a left wing politician's way and i don't buy into their lines of crap either, did you write Obama speeches?

Sorry democrats for my political bash but it made a damn good analogy. lol
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-01-01 15:26:47
Link | Citer | R

I know my opinion doesn't count for much as I've never done Dynamis, but I think you have a really good idea. Financially no, but if money is all that people care about anymore, then it's a sad world we live in. I wish you luck with your idea. ^^
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-01 15:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Mr. Yojimmbo, credit where credit is due, it's a novel idea. Allow me to be the first person to actually encourage you to do this.

Personal experience suggests your plan may work. Being a new linkshell, however, you might find it very difficult and very frustrating. We have been running a similar system to the one you described for about eight months now, and it works fantastic. Our benifit was we were established for well over a year before doing so, which made it a lot easier to pull off. It works, though, because none of my members have paid for runs since the spring of last year.

Good luck with getting this working, because it would be fantastic to hear of such a system working for others out there. If you have any questions about getting this to work, feel free to PM me, I'm sure I could be of assistance.

Fishheadman said:
Props to you for going against the norm and helping everyone get a little piece of the Dyna pie.

Now someone on Garuda start a Dyna shell like this

We've been doing this for about a year, you should ask around more!
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-01 17:00:24

Etrayis said:
Financially no, but if money is all that people care about anymore, then it's a sad world we live in. I wish you luck with your idea. ^^

Welcome the sad world of Vanadiel.

Being a leader of my Dyna LS, we're currently battling issues with a few of our members wanting to get paychecks for doing Dynamis because we're doing good and making a lot of profit off our runs.
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2009-01-04 15:49:44

Just a little bit longer and i'll post the URL,and than you can all eat me alive ^^;
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-01-04 16:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Luignata said:

Being a leader of my Dyna LS, we're currently battling issues with a few of our members wanting to get paychecks for doing Dynamis because we're doing good and making a lot of profit off our runs.

Only the leaders are profiting?
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2009-01-04 16:31:37

Baelorn said:
Luignata said:

From what I have seen the person with the Timeless Hourglass is the same person who keeps all the Ancient Currency,which I suppose is towards upgrading a Relic Weapon.But what to do with all those O.Bronzepieces if you are upgrading with Lungo-Nango Jadeshells?Hmmm,I assume they are being sold,the gil being used at the LS leaders discretion...hmmm,well that blows.I intend to change that.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-04 16:32:56
Link | Citer | R

You're an expert of propoganda. I can see it between your lines.
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2009-01-04 16:34:45

Wooooodum said:
You're an expert of propoganda. I can see it between your lines.

Lol your awesome.
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2009-01-04 16:44:46

Wooooodum said:
Your ideas surely intrigue those on and off your server looking for a Dynamis shell of its nature. It intrigues me because I run one with the exact same system. Problem is, putting other linkshell's down and making assumptions and attempting to skew-whiff people's perspectives of those shells won't help much. It's kind of unnecessary, and it's a little needlessly hostile ;) (Neither of you are even on that person's server for crying out loud, let alone in their LS xD)

Who did I put down?If it offended you,sorry.I'm sure you run a tight ship,I just have to go against the grain on this one,but their are ppl out there who will be willing to give it a try,and thats all I need to move forward.I really wish that I could post up the rules in the Dyna I intend to run but I can't afford to have it out in the open yet.Besides I did say I would post the URL and I doubt ppl will jump ship from you LS and Server just to run on my LS lol stick with your guns and i'll stick with mine,but thank you for your 2 gil.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-04 16:46:56
Link | Citer | R

Yojimmbo said:
I assume they are being sold,the gil being used at the LS leaders discretion...hmmm,well that blows.I intend to change that.

That's what I was referring too!
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2009-01-04 16:51:59

Wooooodum said:
Yojimmbo said:
I assume they are being sold,the gil being used at the LS leaders discretion...hmmm,well that blows.I intend to change that.
That's what I was referring too!

I know that silly lol Yeah I think that blows and I intend to change that cause ppl should get incentive for having to go to do a chore as opposed to wanting to do Dyna and enjoy themselves.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-04 17:01:39
Link | Citer | R

You are missing a key point though, nobody's making them do Dynamis at all. If it's a chore, they're making it one themselves. It's not the linkshells individually making Dynamis a chore.

I don't think Dynamis is really planned for the "casual" player, it is the longest end-game event after all.
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2009-01-04 17:05:35

Fair enough.But it really bothers me when ppl show,run,and go home empty handed.I know that AF can never be guaranteed,but why not give incentive for running?One more lol Is Dynamis really end-game?
 Unicorn.Vxsote
user: VxSote
By Unicorn.Vxsote 2009-01-04 17:14:39
Link | Citer | R

Luignata said:
In other words, some of your members have come to the realization that a shell that turns all of its currency over to a leader or outside sponsor is basically ripping off its members? I'm almost surprised that more people haven't figured this out.

Wooooodum said:
Mr. Yojimmbo, credit where credit is due, it's a novel idea.

Actually, it's not that novel at all. I guess yoji hasn't heard of the linkshell I run (or maybe he has, who knows), also on Unicorn.

Screwdriver is a purely profit-sharing linkshell. We switched to our current business model in September of 2007 because we wanted our members to receive fair compensation for the work that they put in. Here's now it works:

The linkshell bank buys all glasses for entry, as we do not allow sponsorship. We choose our zones (including CoP areas) based on the needs of our members (for access and AFv2 pieces), not profitability, and we schedule cooperatively with the 5 or so other shells that run at the same times we do. All currency and wootz ore is sold at full market value; nobody receives a discount, not even members of the shell.

We use an attendance based point system to determine AFv2 lotting priority and payout amounts. Profits are paid out monthly, with all members paid an equal amount per point (equal shares, prorated by attendance) for the month. All member attendance records, point standings, and full LS financial data are kept on a website viewable by all members.

So, have we been successful? You be the judge: since October 2007, we have made actual payouts to members in excess of 156M gil. Our bank (unpaid profits, pending payouts, unclaimed payouts, and cash reserve) currently has over 38M gil on hand. And since linkshell inception, our members have received over 1200 pieces of AFv2.

For all the talk of setting a new standard for dynamis, I'd like to think that the one that I've set over the past year and change is the one that everyone should be trying to live up to.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-04 17:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis is end-game, yes.

I fully understand the point you and others make. It sucks to go to a three hour event and come away with nothing. That's why we split currency evenly at the end of runs; that way everyone gets their fair share.

Though in the same argument, the rewards from Dynamis are the artifact drops. Some of those pieces are some of the best available in the game. People should be prepared to put some time into obtaining these.

Edit:

Vxsote said:
Wooooodum said:
Mr. Yojimmbo, credit where credit is due, it's a novel idea.

Actually, it's not that novel at all.

That was sarcasm. Us Brits eh? :p
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2009-01-04 17:34:22

Hey watch this,just for lulz :D
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-05 15:30:55

Baelorn said:
Luignata said:

Vxsote said:
Luignata said:
In other words, some of your members have come to the realization that a shell that turns all of its currency over to a leader or outside sponsor is basically ripping off its members? I'm almost surprised that more people haven't figured this out.

I don't know where you two are getting this, I can only assume you're classifying us as your stereotypical dynamis LS. I can assure, we're not.

As of Julyish of '08, it stands the leaders of our LS have invested time, effort, and even our own personal gil for zero return, and leaders have actually sacrificed more then we've gotten in return. I personally have paid $80 out of my own pocket and hours of coding to create our LS website.

Since we've begun the Dyna LS, we've put all the profits of the runs into an LS mule. Every single dynamis we provide our members with free RR hairpins, and in key dynamis's, Xarca, CoP, we also provide Icarus Wings. In other Dynamis's such as Windurst, we provide Echo Drops. We are currently planning a system to provide free food, and a system to either provide free relic armor upgrades, or relic armor upgrades using a players Dynamis Points. We have also provided everyone in the LS with free Optical Hats and Rostrum Pumps, which we buy the pop items and kill the NM's for our members. We are actively researching other RARE/EX items that we can award our members.

Personal profit is against everything we stand for. When I commented earlier about profit, I brought it up because despite giving out all these rewards to our members, they still expect more. I stand by my earlier statement, this is a sad world we live in when gil becomes the mindset of a large number of individuals in this game. In our LS though, we strive to avoid this.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-01-05 16:12:32
Link | Citer | R

Yojimmbo said:
but everyone on this thread heard it here first lol

actually I doubt this is the first time anyone is hearing about nonsense like this... you know, like six years after Dynamis came out.
 Caitsith.Samina
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Samina
By Caitsith.Samina 2009-01-05 16:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Yojimmbo said:
Actually after a very extensive search and many a trial and error,I have come up with a Dynamis plan that will render most Dynamis LS worthless.While not completley worthless,I do believe ppl will want to go by my own plan for Dynamis runs.Recieving Ancient Currency on every run plus AF every other run will have LS leaders in a panic when members begin to ask for more than an Orc Liver,Colossul Skull,or my personal favorite after 2 hours-->Infinity Core.Dynamis LS reform is needed and in January my new LS will try to set a new standard^^

So what happens to the relic if the members only get it EVERY OTHER RUN? Do the leaders get it all when it doesn't go to the members? Wouldn't be a LS I would want to join
 Carbuncle.Bombard
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bombard
By Carbuncle.Bombard 2009-01-05 16:42:35
Link | Citer | R

Florida called, they want to recount the election ballots between Kerry and Bush... oh wait, it's not 2004 anymore.

You want a fair system? Pay for glass, lot all currency and sell it all, and hand out to each attending member their split after recouping the 500k glass price.

But then who gets to lot AF2? Does someone who shows up 1/10 runs get the same lotting rights as someone who makes all 10/10 for the same item? Is it point based? Does someone with multiple 75 jobs have the same rights as those who have fewer -- both with same attendance? Many people do dynamis for AF2, especially those in dynamis only linkshells -- not dynamis currency. I don't know the percentage of people who give up on a relic weapon after stage 2, but I'd like to bet it's pretty high.

It's very hard to simplify loot distribution without pissing off alot of people. Even with a fair, balanced system problems still occur from time to time.

Your ideas are far from different. It's been tried many times. Good luck to you though.

Different strokes for different folks.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-05 16:49:32
Link | Citer | R

He hasn't actually told us exactly how he's going to work things yet. I'd be interested to see, but it seems he hit the self destruct button on his FFXIAH.com account, haha.

I think you're looking into a little too much there though Samina, I think he's referring to the runs where an item somebody wants drops and the runs after where it doesn't drop. At least, that's how I saw it.

Everyone's just looking for an excuse to make this look bad. For whatever purposes, I don't know, but that's certainly how it seems at the moment.
 Carbuncle.Bombard
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bombard
By Carbuncle.Bombard 2009-01-05 16:54:18
Link | Citer | R

If you've been around long enough, you'd know this is either a sham, someone venting b/c they felt like they got screwed over on something, or just an idealistic person who just doesn't know much about how things are actually done in practice.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-05 16:58:47
Link | Citer | R

You're probably right. It works well for us, but from making it work, I can definitely see how it wouldn't work, if that makes sense?
 Unicorn.Vxsote
By Unicorn.Vxsote 2009-01-06 12:35:26
Link | Citer | R

Luignata, sorry if I misinterpreted the profit situtation with your linkshell. It sounded as if you were keeping most of it, and some other members wanted a cut. But if you really do reinvest everything, then that is entirely different (and good). I do occasionally use LS funds to purchase RR items for my members if I plan to ask them to make an unusual number of sac pulls, etc., but in general, I've found it simpler to just hand out gil and tell members that they are expected show up with appropriate food and supplies. Because we're strictly a dynamis shell, there are fewer options for rewarding members as you do.

Bombard said:
You want a fair system? Pay for glass, lot all currency and sell it all, and hand out to each attending member their split after recouping the 500k glass price.

But then who gets to lot AF2?

I'm guessing you didn't bother to read my post before you made yours... and while I won't claim that my system is perfect, it DOES get generally good reviews from my members.

Wooooodum said:
You're probably right. It works well for us, but from making it work, I can definitely see how it wouldn't work, if that makes sense?
It makes perfect sense. There are always going to be skeptics when someone presents an unusual idea, and sometimes (like this case) with good reason. Even though yoji's general idea of everyone getting something is decent, his plan has obvious flaws... such as still allowing sponsorship. If you allow someone to sponsor a run, then you aren't sharing the profit. It pretty much defeats the entire purpose.

Additionally, Yoji's amateurish idea that he can "render most Dynamis LS worthless" pretty much shows how distorted a view he has of his own self-importance. The dynamis community is far too large to be revolutionized by a single shell, and he needs look no further than the other shells on his own server to see that.

And no matter how good your plan is, Dynamis also requires good execution. Before you can hand out rewards, your shell has to be good enough to turn a profit. And while the occasional wipe is part of any dynamis, nobody likes to repeatedly get their face pounded into the dirt with nothing to show for it. That's why people still join shells where the leaders keeps everything... because getting AF is better than getting nothing.
 Seraph.Dereaper
Serveur: Seraph
user: Dereaper
By Seraph.Dereaper 2009-01-06 13:09:02
Link | Citer | R

I run a dynamis shell very similar to this one, and im just posting to give my 2 cents on how mine works. I give my LS members options on how to lot relic. Option 1 is members pay 30k that gives them the chance to lot on relic for any job they have at 65+. option 2 members dont pay and are allowed to lot on two level 75 jobs that they choose prior to each run. Ancient currency is free fall minus the 100 pieces, as well as synth mats. 100 pieces goes to the dynamis run sponsor. We have had a very good success rate, and hope that with time we will only get better. If anyone on seraph is interested in this type of dynamis farming shell, please contact myself or Tabris. just remember it is a game of luck, but no one leaves without anything.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [87 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-03 14:02:37
Link | Citer | R

NECROBUMP!

Anyway, my brother is in VX's LS and he likes it but there was one thing that happened to him even I was pissed about but he never said anything. At the time he was like 4th in the BLM body relic list but only 1 person ahead of him showed up to the run so technically he was second that night. The person in front of him DC'd and never came back. Well low and behold the coat dropped, BUT instead of having him lot on it, one of the people leading the run told their roomate (The on who DC'd at the start and this dropped towards the end) to log on, zone in, and lot on it. Well he made it in time and lot on the coat. This was/is complete ***. He decided not to come back after DC he should have lost privlages to lot. End of story.

Aside from that one issue though the LS seems to be a good one.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Motokosun
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-05-14 07:25:35
Link | Citer | R

I know i'm way late, or am I?

I'm curious if Yojjimbo actually did anything with all his promises. I can't seem to find any post on wether he made the website, started the ls, and if so how it all turned out.

Also i'm interested if this was all just a fun wy for him to get some attention being as the character Yojjimbo hasn't sold or purchased anything since july of '08. This looks alot like someone using there mule so they could be heard for whatever reason.

I'm curious however if anything ever came to fruition.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [112 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Vxsote
By Unicorn.Vxsote 2009-09-03 10:15:40
Link | Citer | R

A little late.... but two good necrobumps deserve a third, so here I go too!

As far as Yojimmbo, I haven't seen or heard from him in quite a while. I doubt he ever made his shell. He may have just poofed or moved on to another server... I don't know.

I also wanted to address what Excesspain brought up. It actually took me a few minutes of research to figure out exactly what went on, but we have pretty detailed records. Here's the full story:

At the time of the run in question, excess's brother was actually 5th on the list for BLM coat overall. One person ahead of him didn't show up, making him effectively 4th that night (rather than 2nd). #1 did in fact DC due to circumstances beyond his immediate control. And after that, a coat did drop.

What happened next is the source of the controversy. One of the leaders (I was halfway across the country on vacation) took into consideration that #2 and #3 on the list had both been very fortunate with drops in recent weeks, and decided to allow #1's roommate log him in to lot the coat. It was a judgement call, and a few people questioned it, but IMO it was a fair decision.

But we don't really like making controversial calls, and the issue was discussed extensively among the leaders after the fact. As a result, we implemented a very specific policy on when proxy-lotting (as we call it) is permissible. Under the new rule, the roommate would not have been allowed to log in to lot.

Either way, Excess's brother wouldn't have received the coat that night, and I'm not sure why he believed he was next. All of our attendance and points standings are viewable to all of our members that choose to look at them. And based on our archives, I'm quite sure that my account of the standings that night is correct.

Meanwhile, my shell is still going strong. A couple months ago we passed half a billion in currency sales, with all profits still being paid out to members.