Relegion? Wait Wut?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Relegion? wait wut?
Relegion? wait wut?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
 Shiva.Weewoo
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-09 03:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Esaias said:
I do not know if this was the place for such a discussion.
Not that I have a problem with defending faith, I just find it hard to have a decent conversation without provoking someone to anger.

1. God exists believe it or not.

2. For his own reasons he chose Faith to be the desired method of worship.

3. If I am wrong I will know it within the next 100 years and so will you.

4. The scriptures say God became flesh, lived, taught, and died as a sacrafice for sin. and that whoesoever shall call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ shall be saved.

Faith is the subtance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.

I accept this by faith. Reject it if you will, Just saying there is a deadline.

The thing is, if faith is your validation for these things, then you have to accept that this "truth" only pertains to you and you alone. We have much more conventional methods of validating things between being fact or fiction. It's called the scientific method which requires and demands tangible evidence to support your given argument.
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 03:13:49
Link | Citer | R

@Darki: Answer my question dammit!

@Esaias: I believe all you say but i don't practice it, therefore I am one of the few people you will meet that has a full faith in god yet accept that he is going to hell lol.

catch 22 ftmfw!!

edit: well like 80% of what you said lol.
 Phoenix.Darki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
What do you believe, as far as creation goes, Darki? That's a legit question for clarity's sake.

(and there's always a chance I think I might agree with you in some ways)

To be honest, I can't really believe in anything solid, because there are so many theory's and so many possibilities of how it all started, no matter what you say or do, there's really no way to proove a past that's so far away from 'evidence'

Hey that's not terrible or anything. If you're open minded and don't just shoot down every idea put out, it's a good way to look at things.

You're more of a skeptic it seems like, but it's not a bad thing. Good to question "what is".

Yeah I question about everything, not to be an ***, I just like to think for myself and I don't accept anything with out going through it and having my own opinion.

I do like the big bang theory lol and the alien theory too. Doesn't mean they are real, and they are as far away and to the same level as the adam and eve theory TBH.

what do you believe on how it all started? it's a good question.

We can only know one thing eventually... how it ends lol doom dooom doooooooooom.
 Caitsith.Surreal
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-09 03:15:43
Link | Citer | R

I keep going off of point here but have any of you had any experiences with ghosts or anything like that? I do think in a way that ghosts have alot to do with religion, But alot of people deny them.. I've been called a basketcase before because I have seen ghosts, But if a ghost truly is our soul after death, That'd make for some interesting tea conversations xD
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-09 03:15:44
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:
Speaking of death, how about Near Death Experience?
Might lean towards the religious side due to out-of-body experiences or w/e happens.
Then again, might be just all a dream?

Unless we figured out how to revive the dead and let them tell us what happened to them during those times...

Not getting into a religious debate here, this is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE lol, but I will comment on this. i don't personally think if god existed he would let you see him when you die and allow you to be revived. There's no telling what the brain does when you're dead, all that stuff that people see 'while' their dead could be a very fast flash the second before they 'die'. There's no telling, that's just what i'd chalk it up to, some form of flash/dream.

Edit: for clarification this thread is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, not Semi's comment.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:15:57
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:
Might lean towards the religious side due to out-of-body experiences or w/e happens.

Unless we figured out how to revive the dead and let them tell us what happened to them during those times...

I will get to near death experience in a sec, I had one about a year ago, I almost died, or well... died and came back, judging over= what I saw before I woke up at the hospital.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:16:24
Link | Citer | R

@xet
what question?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-09 03:16:50
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:

You would love that movie Flatliners.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-09 03:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Alright guys, was fun debating with you but my batteries are toast and take 3 hours to charge and it's 1:20 AM :<
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-09 03:17:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
What do you believe, as far as creation goes, Darki? That's a legit question for clarity's sake.

To be honest, I can't really believe in anything solid, because there are so many theory's and so many possibilities of how it all started, no matter what you say or do, there's really no way to proove a past that's so far away from 'evidence'

Hey that's not terrible or anything. If you're open minded and don't just shoot down every idea put out, it's a good way to look at things.

You're more of a skeptic it seems like, but it's not a bad thing. Good to question "what is".

Yeah I question about everything, not to be an ***, I just like to think for myself and I don't accept anything with out going through it and having my own opinion.

I do like the big bang theory lol and the alien theory too. Doesn't mean they are real, and they are as far away and to the same level as the adam and eve theory TBH.

We can only know one thing eventually... how it ends lol doom dooom doooooooooom.

Yeah definitely, and if you had a experience with a alien people would scream "where's your proof?!" D: It really does make you think twice about these things, There's just no way we're the only ones in the universe.. That'd be a big waste of space D:
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 03:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Surreal said:
I keep going off of point here but have any of you had any experiences with ghosts or anything like that? I do think in a way that ghosts have alot to do with religion, But alot of people deny them.. I've been called a basketcase before because I have seen ghosts, But if a ghost truly is our soul after death, That'd make for some interesting tea conversations xD

I have had an experience, it's what turned me from

Christian > Atheist > Agnostic.

I believe whole heartedly in for lack of a better term 'Ghosts'.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 03:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Alright guys, was fun debating with you but my batteries are toast and take 3 hours to charge and it's 1:20 AM :<

Sissy, it's 9:18 am and I haven't been to sleep yet!
By Esaias 2010-06-09 03:19:37
Link | Citer | R

There is actually a passage about God confounding the wisdom of the world with the foolishness of preaching.

I am not God and do not understand his method at times, but as I said before faith is the principle at hand.

Hope,in the unseen.

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-09 03:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

Sissy, it's 9:18 am and I haven't been to sleep yet!

Ive got an absinthe tooth that hurts and all i got was shitty loratabs and antibiotics, I have to wait a week before my root canal. So yes, he is a sissy, i've had liek 3 hours of sleep in the last 3 days. D:
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 03:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Esaias said:
There is actually a passage about God confounding the wisdom of the world with the foolishness of preaching.

I am not God and do not understand his method at times, but as I said before faith is the principle at hand.

Hope,in the unseen.

There is nothing wrong with faith, I'm simply unsure. It's ridiculous to condemn either way without facts imo.
Serveur: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-09 03:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Surreal said:
Siren.Screamingbabies said:
The bible says God exists.
The bible is correct because it was written by God.

Check and mate. Silly Atheists.

Not all of us are Atheists, Its people having a debate over a very valid subject.

Valid? Eh.

Waste of time? Fo shizzzzle

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 03:21:26
Link | Citer | R

@Darki
Shiva.Xet said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
@Xet, he talked like his voice was comming out of the toilet, a weird small echo in between his words.

He still told me to preach these things you know? For the sake of the earth, then he told me to sacrifice my son to him.
yeah, because well, his voice came out of the toilet and told me he was god, I'll proceed with this action and instantly believe in him.

If it said it was God what would you say?

If there was no way to determine that your toilet had been tampered with would you believe?

Really the thing would be to say "yes cos i'd have somekind of proof even if it was just hearing it"

Yet I don't believe alot of people would. They'd either ignore it or think they were crazy.

Discuss.

PS, I appologise for my spelling been up forever and im buzzing on sugar
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-09 03:21:37
Link | Citer | R

Posting without a mouse is such a pain in the ***, but I'm so enthralled and interested that I don't wanna stop =/
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:22:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:

I'm kind of prone anymore to mix-n-match it all. Like.. ok I believe in some physical science, age's of universe, Darwin, and Big Bang (in some ways).

I believe in the multi-verse theories, but to ME it still doesn't explain the "starter". I've always wondered what's beyond "that". The universe, ages of things, whatever.

To this point, I can't help but believe, FOR NOW, that a higher conciousness of some kind is involved.

Everything I believe is subject to change. Versatility can be a good thing, imo.

I believe everything is infinite, there is no start or no end, we can't say we started at some point, I can only say we've always been eternal and all we've done is change of forms, that the particles that make us are a whole different universe with less time than us, that ourselves make a particle younger than the chain we belong to.
to me it's a big 8 that is never ending, it goes around and around.

but I can't say this because, this opinion could change any moment, I am not stubborn or stuck up on this, I can tell you I am open to hearing new opinions/theorys and actually change my view of this anytime, that's why I am not certain.

so we both have views that can change and shift.

and it all goes in circles too, I mean, look at the planets, they twist in circles, look at how life is created, the womb is basicly a circle... it's like it's infinite, our eyes are circles, you know? we probably see things in a certain shape, but it's actually another.

Have you ever tried touching something with out looking and drawing it? I have, and it turns out way differently than what we see, it is probably different too.

just expplaining the circles..derailed there sorry

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-09 03:23:31
Link | Citer | R

Wireless.... NEVER AGAIN!
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-09 03:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

I've had a experience with seeing them, but also with (Please don't laugh at me for this, this is true) a ouija board.. And no I don't mess with that ***anymore, It's way too dangerous, and IMO it SHOULD NOT be labeled for kids 10+ :/ It's how I found out I was pregnant, a friend asked me to join her in a session and I said ok because I was curious.

20 minutes later I ask the board if it has any information for me and it spelled out "yes", It then spelt out "You are pregnant" word for word and around that time my friend got mad at me and demanded to know why I hadn't told her lol >.> Like I would know these things right off the bat right?
We also messed around the marker beforehand and made sure that no one tampered with it while it was moving, and afterhand..

Anyways, I went to the store and took the test and it came out positive, I also took multiple more and they were all positive, I will never mess with a ouija board again because I was way too afraid to find out how some inanimate object knew I was pregnant before I did lol.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-09 03:26:01
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Surreal said:
The bible says God exists.
The bible is correct because it was written by God.

Check and mate. Silly Atheists.

Not all of us are Atheists, Its people having a debate over a very valid subject.

Valid? Eh.

Waste of time? Fo shizzzzle

It is a little bit of a waste of time, But it's also very enlightening lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:27:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xet said:
@Darki
Shiva.Xet said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
@Xet, he talked like his voice was comming out of the toilet, a weird small echo in between his words.

He still told me to preach these things you know? For the sake of the earth, then he told me to sacrifice my son to him.
yeah, because well, his voice came out of the toilet and told me he was god, I'll proceed with this action and instantly believe in him.

If it said it was God what would you say?

If there was no way to determine that your toilet had been tampered with would you believe?

Really the thing would be to say "yes cos i'd have somekind of proof even if it was just hearing it"

Yet I don't believe alot of people would. They'd either ignore it or think they were crazy.

Discuss.

PS, I appologise for my spelling been up forever and im buzzing on sugar

I was about to /rage quotes werent working with you.

The questions you've asked pretty much answer themselves to you, I'm sure your aware of this and only want my opinion, I pretty much agree we can also confuse all this with people's sanity. It's just two points to view it that have a neverending argument.

if it said it was god I would flush it down and /rage at my doctor for giving me narcotics pregnant. Not kidding there too.

Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-09 03:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Surreal said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

I've had a experience with seeing them, but also with (Please don't laugh at me for this, this is true) a ouija board.. And no I don't mess with that ***anymore, It's way too dangerous, and IMO it SHOULD NOT be labeled for kids 10 :/ It's how I found out I was pregnant, a friend asked me to join her in a session and I said ok because I was curious.

20 minutes later I ask the board if it has any information for me and it spelled out "yes", It then spelt out "You are pregnant" word for word and around that time my friend got mad at me and demanded to know why I hadn't told her lol >.> Like I would know these things right off the bat right?
We also messed around the marker beforehand and made sure that no one tampered with it while it was moving, and afterhand..

Anyways, I went to the store and took the test and it came out positive, I also took multiple more and they were all positive, I will never mess with a ouija board again because I was way too afraid to find out how some inanimate object knew I was pregnant before I did lol.

Sorry, couldn't help but think of:

Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-09 03:27:32
Link | Citer | R

This is what her board looked like lol
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11