Relegion? Wait Wut?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Relegion? wait wut?
Relegion? wait wut?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 02:59:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Xet said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Anyone's allowed to say or believe anything that they want, Critizing another for them not having your belief is wrong and that's how wars get started. Everyone's bound to have different opinions, Not one person is the same.. So let's try to have a discussion without things getting out of hand lol.. Probably won't happen because this is a very taboo subject.

But I think everyone here is proving a very good point, and since I'm just not well educated into either subject I can't prove a good debater, I just say what I know lol.

Edit: I mean by what I say by what I know.. I mean random subjects that aren't necassarily saying that I'm completely disproving the existance of a god, Just pointing out little things that not everyone may see..
I believe in morals, something christianity lacks overall, not the people, just the religion overall... so it's pretty hard to maintain an argument with a christian with out them flipping out.

Well Religion just plain sucks anyway. Religion is made to evolve, the fact it doesn't means you get people from all denominations forcing out dated crap at you. Faith is vibrant and constantly tested and changed.

Also i disagree with an ealier statement. Chosing to have blind faith does not make you a robot at all as you still made the choice in the same way you chose not to have faith.

*** please, your ignorant because you said religion sucks, IGNORANT I TELL YOU, DONT SAY THAT ON A DEBATE THREAD, IT'S IMPORTANT! /chokes you

Or not, seeing as Xet actually uses logical debate, and I know he has the debating skills to keep it civil, rather than turning into a moron.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-09 02:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Just because humanity destroys religion, doesn't automatically falsify it.

Just because we've poisoned the well doesn't mean the water was never fit to drink.

True, but it goes so far back, it's hard to say the water was ever pure to begin with. Which reminds me of this:

Rule #6 & 7 in particular.
 Phoenix.Darki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
@Xet, he talked like his voice was comming out of the toilet, a weird small echo in between his words.

He still told me to preach these things you know? For the sake of the earth, then he told me to sacrifice my son to him.
yeah, because well, his voice came out of the toilet and told me he was god, I'll proceed with this action and instantly believe in him.

Using Christianity or any faith as a joke point in a debate based around religion makes you look as ignorant as I assumed you were.

see what I mean when christians flip out, and instantly proceed to flame you with the word 'ignorance'?
It waas a joke between me and my friend, you can run around from it, it wasnt directed at you in the first place, if it was that would've made me an ignorant, but the fact that you flipped out at it makes me wonder if I should continue our debate, since you keep running out of arguments, eventually you will call me something more than ignorant.

It's a joke, I could've used abortion as the subject of the joke, because it's also another taboo subject, does that make me ignorant? no actually, just makes me less sensitive to what you think about it.

I'm not a christian, and I'm far from flipping out.

(I CAN STEREOTYPE TOO!)Every atheist feels the need to ridicule over using logical debates.

You called me ignorant, you were debating with me TILL you chose to call me ignorant, I kept a certain respect towards you, did my joke offend you? it wasn't directed at you if it did. Now I don't care anymore over your opinion. and you've been setting me a kind of stereotype since this debate started, grading me as a kind of atheist. I assumed you were christian, but I guess your not, so my argument over christians flipping fails, let's say, You flip out. Therefor, argument over religion/god between you and I is over, You called me ignorant, that's as far as respect goes.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 03:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
@Xet, he talked like his voice was comming out of the toilet, a weird small echo in between his words.

He still told me to preach these things you know? For the sake of the earth, then he told me to sacrifice my son to him.
yeah, because well, his voice came out of the toilet and told me he was god, I'll proceed with this action and instantly believe in him.

If it said it was God what would you say?

If there was no way to determine that your toilet had been tampered with would you believe?

Really the thing would be to say "yes cos i'd have somekind of proof even if it was just hearing it"

Yet I don't believe alot of people would. They'd either ignore it or think they were crazy.

Discuss.

PS, I appologise for my spelling been up forever and im buzzing on sugar
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:02:23
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Xet said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Anyone's allowed to say or believe anything that they want, Critizing another for them not having your belief is wrong and that's how wars get started. Everyone's bound to have different opinions, Not one person is the same.. So let's try to have a discussion without things getting out of hand lol.. Probably won't happen because this is a very taboo subject.

But I think everyone here is proving a very good point, and since I'm just not well educated into either subject I can't prove a good debater, I just say what I know lol.

Edit: I mean by what I say by what I know.. I mean random subjects that aren't necassarily saying that I'm completely disproving the existance of a god, Just pointing out little things that not everyone may see..
I believe in morals, something christianity lacks overall, not the people, just the religion overall... so it's pretty hard to maintain an argument with a christian with out them flipping out.

Well Religion just plain sucks anyway. Religion is made to evolve, the fact it doesn't means you get people from all denominations forcing out dated crap at you. Faith is vibrant and constantly tested and changed.

Also i disagree with an ealier statement. Chosing to have blind faith does not make you a robot at all as you still made the choice in the same way you chose not to have faith.

*** please, your ignorant because you said religion sucks, IGNORANT I TELL YOU, DONT SAY THAT ON A DEBATE THREAD, IT'S IMPORTANT! /chokes you

Or not, seeing as Xet actually uses logical debate, and I know he has the debating skills to keep it civil, rather than turning into a moron.

Now I'm a moron?

Ok. thats two for tonight
- ignorant
- moron.

Have you realized I haven't called you anything? not yet I assume, maybe you ran out of arguments with me and you have proceeded to stage 2. Offend.

typical. This is why we can't have a proper debate, because of people like you.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 03:04:26
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Using Christianity or any faith as a joke point in a debate based around religion makes you look as ignorant as I assumed you were.

see what I mean when christians flip out, and instantly proceed to flame you with the word 'ignorance'?
It waas a joke between me and my friend, you can run around from it, it wasnt directed at you in the first place, if it was that would've made me an ignorant, but the fact that you flipped out at it makes me wonder if I should continue our debate, since you keep running out of arguments, eventually you will call me something more than ignorant.

It's a joke, I could've used abortion as the subject of the joke, because it's also another taboo subject, does that make me ignorant? no actually, just makes me less sensitive to what you think about it.

(I CAN STEREOTYPE TOO!)Every atheist feels the need to ridicule over using logical debates.

You called me ignorant, you were debating with me TILL you chose to call me ignorant, I kept a certain respect towards you, did my joke offend you? it wasn't directed at you if it did. Now I don't care anymore over your opinion. and you've been setting me a kind of stereotype since this debate started, grading me as a kind of atheist. I assumed you were christian, but I guess your not, so my argument over christians flipping fails, let's say, You flip out. Therefor, argument over religion/god between you and I is over, You called me ignorant, that's as far as respect goes.

Bringing toilet humour into a serious debate simply showed me how much you simply want people to agree with you, rather than debate with you.

Weewoo, Xet, Bart and Surreal I'm enjoying debating with, they aren't resorting to toilet humour to get a point across. I knew how you were in other parts of this forum, I guess I thought too highly of you to think you would debate logically.
Serveur: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-09 03:04:29
Link | Citer | R

The bible says God exists.
The bible is correct because it was written by God.

Check and mate. Silly Atheists.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xet said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

If there was no way to determine that your toilet had been tampered with would you believe?

Really the thing would be to say "yes cos i'd have somekind of proof even if it was just hearing it"

Yet I don't belive alot of people would. They'd either ignore it or think they were crazy.

Discuss.

Please, let's not joke on a debate thread, it makes me ignorant and a moron that can't keep it civil, according to what Flion says.

I can't keep it civil because of a joke I didn't direct at him, but he can't keep it civil because he uses the 'offend' card.

btw your argument is invalid, IT WAS GOD.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 03:05:38
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Xet said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

Now I'm a moron?

Ok. thats two for tonight
- ignorant
- moron.

Have you realized I haven't called you anything? not yet I assume, maybe you ran out of arguments with me and you have proceeded to stage 2. Offend.

typical. This is why we can't have a proper debate, because of people like you.

It's nothing to do with how I feel in this debate, I just know what kind of person you are.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Surreal
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-09 03:06:14
Link | Citer | R

The only way we'll know he'll exists or not is once we die, If you guys do believe in life after death then death is not the end, It's just the beginning~ And then there's that other thing that's got nothing to do with religion but it's interesting.. If once we die we still keep our souls, Does that mean we can wander the earth as say, a ghost?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 03:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Xet said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Yet I don't belive alot of people would. They'd either ignore it or think they were crazy.

Discuss.

Please, let's not joke on a debate thread, it makes me ignorant and a moron that can't keep it civil, according to what Flion says.

I can't keep it civil because of a joke I didn't direct at him, but he can't keep it civil because he uses the 'offend' card.

btw your argument is invalid, IT WAS GOD.

The difference being Xet actually turned it into a logical and appropriate debate, something you obviously lack the skill for.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 03:06:40
Link | Citer | R

@Darki: I was just using your reply to breed more discussion.

@ Screamingbabies: ROFL

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Bringing toilet humour into a serious debate simply showed me how much you simply want people to agree with you, rather than debate with you.

Weewoo, Xet, Bart and Surreal I'm enjoying debating with, they aren't resorting to toilet humour to get a point across. I knew how you were in other parts of this forum, I guess I thought too highly of you to think you would debate logically.

I'm sorry, I'm a moron and ignorant, that can't understand what you've just said :( so I will stop debating with you in a civil manner since you are SO civil you proceeded to call me a moron yourself on a debate, when I only simply joked with someone else.

Which is worse man? ofcourse, say I'm worse, it's truely what you will say, since my joke is worse and less civil than the fact that you labeled me as ignorant and a moron for a JOKE that WASNT directed AT you.

Lol.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-09 03:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Screamingbabies said:
The bible says God exists.
The bible is correct because it was written by God.

Check and mate. Silly Atheists.

Not all of us are Atheists, Its people having a debate over a very valid subject.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 03:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Surreal said:
The only way we'll know he'll exists or not is once we die, If you guys do believe in life after death then death is not the end, It's just the beginning~ And then there's that other thing that's got nothing to do with religion but it's interesting.. If once we die we still keep our souls, Does that mean we can wander the earth as say, a ghost?

Hence, Agnosticism.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-09 03:07:28
Link | Citer | R

Too lazy to read all this argument ***, but i heard someone get offended when they got called ignorant. For the record, ignorant means lack of knowledge in a certain field, to some degree everyone is ignorant about everything as you can't know all of anything. Ignorant isn't an insult, and maybe that's why he called you a moron for nto understanding what ignorant means, i'd also point out, he didn't call you a moron, he said Xet has the ability to debate without turning into a moron. Moron in that meaning being a person who insults someone in a debate for no reason.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:08:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
What do you believe, as far as creation goes, Darki? That's a legit question for clarity's sake.

(and there's always a chance I think I might agree with you in some ways)

To be honest, I can't really believe in anything solid, because there are so many theory's and so many possibilities of how it all started, no matter what you say or do, there's really no way to proove a past that's so far away from 'evidence'
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-09 03:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

Hence, Agnosticism.

Pretty much lol, If there was just one way to find out I really do think it's through death..
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 03:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

I'm sorry, I'm a moron and ignorant, that can't understand what you've just said :( so I will stop debating with you in a civil manner since you are SO civil you proceeded to call me a moron yourself on a debate, when I only simply joked with someone else.

Which is worse man? ofcourse, say I'm worse, it's truely what you will say, since my joke is worse and less civil than the fact that you labeled me as ignorant and a moron for a JOKE that WASNT directed AT you.

Lol.

Like I said, I thought too highly of you Darki, I assumed you'd leave toilet humour out of a debate you seemed to be very passionate for.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-09 03:09:28
Link | Citer | R

***, mouse is dying... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 03:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Surreal said:

An answer that at the moment is 100% correct.

Depends on the substance and implications of being a ghost. If it's a ghost i like the sound of then i sure hope so!
By Esaias 2010-06-09 03:09:52
Link | Citer | R

I do not know if this was the place for such a discussion.
Not that I have a problem with defending faith, I just find it hard to have a decent conversation without provoking someone to anger.

1. God exists believe it or not.

2. For his own reasons he chose Faith to be the desired method of worship.

3. If I am wrong I will know it within the next 100 years and so will you.

4. The scriptures say God became flesh, lived, taught, and died as a sacrafice for sin. and that whoesoever shall call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ shall be saved.

Faith is the subtance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.

I accept this by faith. Reject it if you will, Just saying there is a deadline.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:10:35
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Too lazy to read all this argument ***, but i heard someone get offended when they got called ignorant. For the record, ignorant means lack of knowledge in a certain field, to some degree everyone is ignorant about everything as you can't know all of anything. Ignorant isn't an insult, and maybe that's why he called you a moron for nto understanding what ignorant means, i'd also point out, he didn't call you a moron, he said Xet has the ability to debate without turning into a moron. Moron in that meaning being a person who insults someone in a debate for no reason.

^ Your an ignorant

How does it feel, your argument getting shunned with one word, shows his lack of being serious about the subject or some respect for the other person's view.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 03:11:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Lol.

Like I said, I thought too highly of you Darki, I assumed you'd leave toilet humour out of a debate you seemed to be very passionate for.

aw well, too bad. I guess I'm ignorant for it :(

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 03:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:

^ Your an ignorant

How does it feel, your argument getting shunned with one word, shows his lack of being serious about the subject or some respect for the other person's view.

You do lack knowledge in this field Darki, you simply spout age old arguments that have been discredited a long time ago, and then insult religion. (Yes, I saw how you smartly dressed it up in sarcasm.)

You need to learn that simply saying "In my opinion" doesn't make anything you say less insulting.
[+]
By semimmortal 2010-06-09 03:13:13
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of death, how about Near Death Experience?
Might lean towards the religious side due to out-of-body experiences or w/e happens.
Then again, might be just all a dream?

Unless we figured out how to revive the dead and let them tell us what happened to them during those times...
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11