Random Politics & Religion #22

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #22
Random Politics & Religion #22
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 79 80 81
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 13:44:18
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Quote:
I was assigned male at birth, and my parents named me Steven. But I’d known for many years that I am a woman, and now I had the identification to prove it.

That type of talk shows a cognitive dissonance and how unattached this person is from actual society. I have no problem with them undergoing whatever operation needs to be done to make them a woman, or even if they believe they had feminist aspect their whole life but simply using the word "assigned" as if they were given a number in a factory. No, you were born as male. You choose to be a female at one point in your life and use the correct means to get there, but you WERE born a male, not assigned that title.
Looking at the case file, H&H Electric has a strong defense.

Quote:
H&H contends only that Dawson is without evidence sufficient to establish an inference of sex discrimination because she cannot show that she received less favorable treatment than similarly-situated employees, who are not members of her protected class.

H&H's proffered reason for terminating Dawson is that she threatened to sue Remington and did so without first discussing her work-related problem with her immediate supervisor, as required by H&H's employment handbook. Holloway testifies that on September 17, 2012, the day he terminated Dawson, Remington employees Virgil Bennett and Danny Hopkins ("Hopkins") beckoned him to a meeting.[19] According to Holloway, Hopkins told him that he called the meeting because a Remington employee overheard Dawson state that she could sue Remington because she had not received safety training under her legal name. Holloway further testifies that Hopkins stated: "We don't appreciate one of your employees making a comment about Remington and where we work. We feel like you need to remove her from our job site due to, you know, the threat that she made."

It still hasn't gone to jury trial though. Been over a year and a half.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 13:45:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Again I was only saying that it is more likely to happen that the non issue he brought up... he didn't prove it's an issue just said that he wouldn't be surprised if it'd happen...

You know I wouldn't be surprised if it happened? Because you can be fined up to $250,000 in New York for using the wrong pronoun. It's not a huge logical leap we're talking about.

Now, I want an apology for your insensitivity to drought victims in Yemen.
Employers and landlords who intentionally and consistently ignore using pronouns such as “ze/hir” to refer to transgender workers and tenants who request them — may be subject to fines as high as $250,000.

Intentionally and consistenly... also it doesn't look like this law has ever been enforced against anyone has it? I mean some states sodomy is illegal as well as other ridiculous things that never get enforced... it's not really a logical to say that someone would get fired from their job over it becausethat law exists...

I refuse to apologize for my insensitivity to the plight of the people in Yemen...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 13:46:49
Link | Citer | R

I refuse to apologize for my insensitivity to the plight of the people in Yemen...
You also are uncaring on impalement victims of singular-horned quadrupeds.

You monster!
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-04-24 13:47:56
Link | Citer | R

I think it breaks down to people just wanting to feel "special" without doing a *** thing with their lives. We raise this generation of idiots who parents made them and told them they were special and could do anything, then they get older and realize they are nothing special. Your just as normal as anyone else. So they make up all these genders and self identifications so they can be in their "special little group." Do for me I'm special, give me ***I'm special, let me in to your ivroy league school for free cause I'm *** special.

Get over yourself people.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-24 13:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Talking out of your *** it is.
You've quite literally shown nothing by providing a link to the ACLU page... you're entitled to your own opinion though...
Look, you are (very lazily) asserting that this is a self-identifying trait only.

You clearly do not understand the legal difficulties associated with adding just 1 gender to various laws (every single law would have to go straight back to various local, state, and federal legislation if that law even hints at targeting a specific gender. Over 50% of the cases ever made throughout US history has been about interpretation of law, which makes laws that are very clear about a gender who is targeted must be altered to include any additional genders if they are considered to exist. And every law must be changed by legislation, meaning it goes through the entire process to be created/amended, and every law must be individually amended meaning you can't write a bill that is a one-size-fits-all and amends them all, especially when we are talking about business/civil/criminal laws.

It was a pain in the *** for states who had to alter all the insurance regulations and laws just to add the ability for same-sex individuals to be covered as married. Also took years to get it done.

Do you honestly think this dramatic change will occur overnight or even in the same legislative session?

And that's just the legal side of it. There's also a bureaucratic side to it too, which runs slower than the legislative side.

Seriously, just drop it. You are inferring a problem that doesn't exist (transgenders being fired for being transgender) and now you are stating things you very clearly do not understand (law).

Bah your forgetting that he intends to help usher in the new government that consists of only properly educated people with politically approved beliefs. This way there is no need for such feudal concepts as states, liberties or personal freedom. The Righteous Central Administration will determine that there are 84 individual genders and then approval all policies concerning them.

Kinda scary thinking that people like flav actually desire that kind of "right thing" government.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-04-24 13:48:37
Link | Citer | R

The people in Yemen? Did you just assume their species?
[+]
By eliroo 2017-04-24 13:50:21
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like she got fired for constantly make her work about her gender and not about work.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-04-24 13:51:54
Link | Citer | R

We get it you are from Transylvania but some of us aren't !
By eliroo 2017-04-24 13:53:20
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Quote:
I was assigned male at birth, and my parents named me Steven. But I’d known for many years that I am a woman, and now I had the identification to prove it.

That type of talk shows a cognitive dissonance and how unattached this person is from actual society.

That's a very harsh conclusion, what about she believes she's born female but with male genitals?

If you read my whole statement the issue was with the word "assigned" not necessarily how she felt or how she transformed. I also find that conclusion relatively mild.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 13:53:34
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
You bet your *** I am. You don't agree with my premise? What are a Nausiphobe?
your premise that phobia is a real word with a real definition so that they can't use it as an opinion? I mean... are you using fake words with fake definitions in your opinions about them?

I am a Nausiphobe for sure...

A phobia is an extreme and/or irrational fear of something. How does he argument go that "because you won't deem irrelevant Bruce Jenner's chromosomes, you must have an irrational fear of him"?

Enlighten me you nausiphobe.
The point being that you can have an opinion that isn't necassarily true... hell the people using them might not even know they're true meaning... what you're saying though is like if I were to call you an *** I would literally be saying that you are the hope in ones ***...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 13:53:52
Link | Citer | R

Hole* lol...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 13:54:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Talking out of your *** it is.
You've quite literally shown nothing by providing a link to the ACLU page... you're entitled to your own opinion though...
Look, you are (very lazily) asserting that this is a self-identifying trait only.

You clearly do not understand the legal difficulties associated with adding just 1 gender to various laws (every single law would have to go straight back to various local, state, and federal legislation if that law even hints at targeting a specific gender. Over 50% of the cases ever made throughout US history has been about interpretation of law, which makes laws that are very clear about a gender who is targeted must be altered to include any additional genders if they are considered to exist. And every law must be changed by legislation, meaning it goes through the entire process to be created/amended, and every law must be individually amended meaning you can't write a bill that is a one-size-fits-all and amends them all, especially when we are talking about business/civil/criminal laws.

It was a pain in the *** for states who had to alter all the insurance regulations and laws just to add the ability for same-sex individuals to be covered as married. Also took years to get it done.

Do you honestly think this dramatic change will occur overnight or even in the same legislative session?

And that's just the legal side of it. There's also a bureaucratic side to it too, which runs slower than the legislative side.

Seriously, just drop it. You are inferring a problem that doesn't exist (transgenders being fired for being transgender) and now you are stating things you very clearly do not understand (law).

Bah your forgetting that he intends to help usher in the new government that consists of only properly educated people with politically approved beliefs. This way there is no need for such feudal concepts as states, liberties or personal freedom. The Righteous Central Administration will determine that there are 84 individual genders and then approval all policies concerning them.

Kinda scary thinking that people like flav actually desire that kind of "right thing" government.
Is this another one of those things Rav as talking about where people accuse you of things you've never said? Lol...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 13:55:46
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like she got fired for constantly make her work about her gender and not about work.
To be honest, she has a case, but she needs to prove that she was fired because she went from a he to a she and was fired solely on it.

Her case revolves around a bunch of paperwork when she was told to identify herself as per prior sex. The supervisor was probably wrong about that, and should have made her sign as whatever her name is now.

But all the company (being sued) has to do is prove that she threatened to sue the third party for not signing her name on safety paperwork and she is done. Which, by the looks of it, they have the evidence.

I'm now interested about this case. I think if it goes her way, it will make national headlines. The whole reason why it's not covered as strongly as it generally should is because she doesn't have much of a legal case against her ex-employers.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-24 13:56:14
Link | Citer | R

Jesus I used to think I posted a lot Flavin is going for the world record !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-04-24 13:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Learn to accept that you aren't the names they call you!

sticks and stones guide to bullying
[+]
By Nausi 2017-04-24 13:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
I think it breaks down to people just wanting to feel "special" without doing a *** thing with their lives. We raise this generation of idiots who parents made them and told them they were special and could do anything, then they get older and realize they are nothing special. Your just as normal as anyone else. So they make up all these genders and self identifications so they can be in their "special little group." Do for me I'm special, give me ***I'm special, let me in to your ivroy league school for free cause I'm *** special.

Get over yourself people.

It's more than that. They have wasted away their college endeavors learning about useless stuff. They are fully invested (and have been pushed there by the adults surrounding them) into this ideology. The economy is in the toilet and they are buried in debt.

It's a hard thing to believe almost everything you have spent your life doing is crap. Especially when the ideology places the blame for their troubles squarely on a clearly defined group of people.

I have a bit of sympathy for them. Someone else set the house of fire. But FFS it's time to get out!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-24 13:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Oh did you hear Trump was talking to an astronaut first transgender in space !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 13:57:35
Link | Citer | R

To emphasis, she has a case against the supervisor, but not against the company.

She should have sued the supervisor, not the company, but ACLU made that decision and they always go after the biggest bite.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-04-24 13:58:30
Link | Citer | R

Is this another one of those things Rav as talking about where people accuse you of things you've never said? Lol...

It is an argument strategy used here. It involves getting nice pretty suit that resembles the person you are arguing with and then filling it with straw and made-up ideas that you want or think the person has. When its full you mount it up and attack that instead of your opponent. Kind of like an arguing voodoo doll.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-24 13:58:58
Link | Citer | R

Maybe this person just filed a compliment to get a job at the ACLU...
By fonewear 2017-04-24 13:59:05
Link | Citer | R

Complaint *

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-04-24 14:00:56
Link | Citer | R

It is an argument strategy used here. It involves getting nice pretty suit that resembles the person you are arguing with and then filling it with straw and made-up ideas that you want or think the person has. When its full you mount it up and attack that instead of your opponent. Kind of like an arguing voodoo doll.

Sometimes you can achieve a similar effect by painting a herring red then letting it flop down a wet hill.
By eliroo 2017-04-24 14:02:21
Link | Citer | R

To emphasis, she has a case against the supervisor, but not against the company.

She should have sued the supervisor, not the company, but ACLU made that decision and they always go after the biggest bite.

I agree she has a case but even in her own testimony you can see how she is being a distraction and using her gender transformation as a talking subject with her co-workers. I don't think she has a strong case. She sounds like a PITA to work with.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-04-24 14:03:48
Link | Citer | R

You bet your *** I am. You don't agree with my premise? What are a Nausiphobe?
your premise that phobia is a real word with a real definition so that they can't use it as an opinion? I mean... are you using fake words with fake definitions in your opinions about them?

I am a Nausiphobe for sure...

A phobia is an extreme and/or irrational fear of something. How does he argument go that "because you won't deem irrelevant Bruce Jenner's chromosomes, you must have an irrational fear of him"?

The point being that you can have an opinion that isn't necassarily true... hell the people using them might not even know they're true meaning... what you're saying though is like if I were to call you an *** I would literally be saying that you are the hope in ones ***...

Of course you can believe the sky is green, but when millions believe something that isn't true we've got a problem.

The *** ANALogy (see what I did there) isn't a good comparison. *** is slang, transphobia isn't.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 14:05:56
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, she has a case, but she needs to prove that she was fired because she went from a he to a she and was fired solely on it.

Her case revolves around a bunch of paperwork when she was told to identify herself as per prior sex. The supervisor was probably wrong about that, and should have made her sign as whatever her name is now.

But all the company (being sued) has to do is prove that she threatened to sue the third party for not signing her name on safety paperwork and she is done. Which, by the looks of it, they have the evidence.

I'm now interested about this case. I think if it goes her way, it will make national headlines. The whole reason why it's not covered as strongly as it generally should is because she doesn't have much of a legal case against her ex-employers.
EPL cases are a lot of he said she said at first... you usually get two pretty conflicting views from the opposing parties and then when you get into it you start to see which party actually has anything to back up their claims... always document everything... a lesson no one learns... also never put anything down in writing you never want someone else to see... the things people send out in their work emails... sigh

In any case the article was more to show that there while there is a federal law against it there are still 31 states that don't really outlaw it or are very ambiguous...
By fonewear 2017-04-24 14:06:14
Link | Citer | R

You keep talking about *** like they are a bad thing...
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-04-24 14:07:07
Link | Citer | R

when the ffxiah discussin transgender politics

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-24 14:07:14
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Maybe this person just filed a compliment to get a job at the ACLU...

First she would need to discover that she identifies as a non-white person, then apply cosmetics and become transracial. When her application is turned down for not being genuinely non-white she can sue them....
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 79 80 81