Random Politics & Religion #22

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #22
Random Politics & Religion #22
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 79 80 81
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 12:23:27
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
The Olympics aren't what they used to be where is man vs lion event ?
The movie Gladiator killed it.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-04-24 12:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
How is that different than dismissing someone claim to be a t-Rex or a ninja?

Marc Bolan pondering "if in 40yrs Nausi would accept or question his decision to be known as T Rex."
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 12:43:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
As for someone being fired for assuming someone else's gender I think we both know that's extremely unlikely... it's still more likely that someone get fired for being a trans person or something of that nature and even though you may think that's wrong as well you don't seem to think that side of its worth mentioning...

Well you haven't mentioned the potential impact of drought in Yemen. DO YOU NOT CARE THAT CHILDREN ARE STARVING, YOU HEARTLESS 1ST WORLD PIG?!?

See the problem with trying to make accusations based on things someone hasn't said?
How does this fit in to anything being discussed except maybe your own persecution complex?

You said I didn't think trans people getting fired for being trans was worth mentioning. That's ridiculous and out of place for the argument. I was making a short argument from the viewpoint of the problems of political correctness. I'm not writing a book about every facet of the transgender issue so that you can be appeased.
I mentioned that because in order to defend the position that it's a problem because it's wrapped up in political correctness you mentioned something that isn't even an issue... you know the whole someone getting fired because they got someone's gender incorrect... taking something that hasn't even been an issue and is extremely unlikely to become one and the whole you not mentioning it ever is more of a broad statement over your time here... that's why is stated it's not like you're against it you just never talk up about though you'll talk about something that isn't an issue to try and make a point for your stance against PC.

I can tell you I wouldn't be appeased with you writing a book like that... i don't really need to be appeased in any sense anyways...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 12:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I live in downtown Chicago
I found 99% of your life's problems right now.
Sounds personal... lol...
[+]
By eliroo 2017-04-24 12:47:21
Link | Citer | R

Whoa, Transgender is a totally different thing. I mean that ***is coming and honestly isn't bad for society. I was simply addressing the multiple meme genders that people want to identify as. That I see as a problem.

As society if we come to identify the Trans-gender as an actual gender it will resolve some pretty petty disputes and actually fix a real problem (That is people who are actually, in theory, trans-gender).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 12:49:44
Link | Citer | R

I mentioned that because in order to defend the position that it's a problem because it's wrapped up in political correctness you mentioned something that isn't even an issue...
You haven't even proven that it is a problem.

It is illegal to fire anyone because they are a transsexual. You would think that anyone being fired because of that would make national news, and yet, it's not reported....

You are asserting an issue that doesn't exist. How about suggesting legislation or regulation for the constant impalement of singular-horned quadrupeds towards humans and the multiple lawsuits associated with it?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 12:51:14
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Whoa, Transgender is a totally different thing. I mean that ***is coming and honestly isn't bad for society. I was simply addressing the multiple meme genders that people want to identify as. That I see as a problem.

As society if we come to identify the Trans-gender as an actual gender it will resolve some pretty petty disputes and actually fix a real problem (That is people who are actually, in theory, trans-gender).
There's also a lot of legal issues associated with it too, especially since there are laws that specifically target one gender over another.

Add 57 additional genders on top of that, and all hell breaks loose.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-04-24 12:56:52
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
“Well the one thing I would say — and I say this to people — I never realized how big it was.

Trump on being Transgend....eeerrr President.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 12:58:36
Link | Citer | R

I mentioned that because in order to defend the position that it's a problem because it's wrapped up in political correctness you mentioned something that isn't even an issue...

It is illegal to fire anyone because they are a transsexual. You would think that anyone being fired because of that would make national news, and yet, it's not reported....

You are asserting an issue that doesn't exist. How about suggesting legislation or regulation for the constant impalement of singular-horned quadrupeds towards humans and the multiple lawsuits associated with it?
It wasn't my intent to prove it was a problem... I only brought it up to say that it's more likely to be a problem than what Rav used as an example... its not like Rav put forth any proof that someone has been fired for getting someone's gender wrong... only that he wouldn't be surprised if it had happened somewhere...
By eliroo 2017-04-24 12:58:54
Link | Citer | R

There's also a lot of legal issues associated with it too, especially since there are laws that specifically target one gender over another.

Solid point.

We also need to consider that despite what some people think Gender is decided by Society, not by the individual. There has to be distinct features to classify a gender, otherwise we will always have an ambiguity towards it.

That being said, just to state again. I think we do need to identify Trans-Gender in some way or form, even if for posterity.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 13:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Solid point.

We also need to consider that despite what some people think Gender is decided by Society, not by the individual. There has to be distinct features to classify a gender, otherwise we will always have an ambiguity towards it.

That being said, just to state again. I think we do need to identify Trans-Gender in some way or form, even if for posterity.
No one is really pushing for 57 genders to be added as legally recognizable... it's a self identifier... I don't think you guys really even understand what it's all about to be talking about it like this anyways... you seem to have a general misunderstanding about its function...

How does society go about deciding gender?

Haven't we done that already?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 13:08:16
Link | Citer | R

I only brought it up to say that it's more likely to be a problem than what Rav used as an example
Then you really don't even understand Rav's point.

You were inferring a "problem" that doesn't exist into the conversation. The drought in Yemen does exist, however. Why don't you care about that and instead focus on a "problem" that doesn't exist.

More people are impaled by singular-horned quadrupeds than transgenders being fired because they are transgender. Why aren't you advocating for the regulation of the safety of humans against the singular-horned quadrupeds? Don't you care about the impaled victims?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 13:10:18
Link | Citer | R

No one is really pushing for 57 genders to be added as legally recognizable... it's a self identifier... I don't think you guys really even understand what it's all about to be talking about it like this anyways... you seem to have a general misunderstanding about its function...
....you really don't understand the law, nor do you even understand what they are even fighting for.

Just admit it, you are talking out your ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 13:13:42
Link | Citer | R

....you really don't understand the law, nor do you even understand what they are even fighting for.

Just admit it, you are talking out your ***.
The ACLU transgender page? Ok?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 13:15:03
Link | Citer | R

Talking out of your *** it is.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-04-24 13:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

If it was merely a self identifier, I don't think there would be much of an issue, but that simply isn't the case. People go out saying they are one of these obscure genders and want to be mentioned in a certain way. That is the issue we are talking about.

We aren't talking about the people who go to sleep saying "I think I'm a helicopter", we are talking about the people that go around telling everyone they are a helicopter, make whooshing noises, and demand that people refer to the as a heli, instead of he or she. The latter behavior is currently only prevalent on online forms(which is why is isn't much of an issue). We are all identifying the issues that would happen if such behavior took place in actual society. What if it becomes so big that people hold rallies to get helicopterkuns as a gender or start putting that their Gender is "heli" on their licenses.

I can hear the police report now:

"Police are looking for a suspect who robbed a bank, he is a middle-aged helicopterkun with a distinct whooshing sound."
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 13:16:54
Link | Citer | R

You've quite literally shown nothing by providing a link to the ACLU page... you're entitled to your own opinion though...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 13:19:25
Link | Citer | R

"Police are looking for a suspect who robbed a bank, she is a middle-aged helicopterkun with a distinct whooshing sound."
I already found the culprit.

Where's my reward money?
[+]
By eliroo 2017-04-24 13:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Sorry let me correct this:

I can hear the police report now:

"Police are looking for a suspect who robbed a bank, heli* is a middle-aged helicopterkun with a distinct whooshing sound."

Quote:
Where's my reward money?

Please fill out this online forum. I need you to select your gender from our 5000 gender database. If you feel like your gender is represented please tell us what it is and include whatever pronouns are needed.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-04-24 13:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Which part of science is the 57 genders part?
Why do you care what people choose to identify as? I don't really get it all either... it makes my head hurt when people try to explain it to me but other than that why does it get you all in a tizzy about it?
That's me in a tizzy?

If someone told you there were a ninja, would you still feel obliged to indulge them in their delusion? What about a T-Rex? Is there a line anywhere? Why is it that the only person obligated to give up their values (aka you have the chromosomes therefore you are male/female) is me?
What values are you giving up? You mean your belief that there is either only a man or a woman? Well you don't have to... I don't know why you think you do... believe whatever you want to believe just as they can... personally I don't really get all of it myself so I just go about my day like nothing much has changed... if someone wants to call themselves whatever they want then who am I to bother em or why would I even want to waste the energy...

If someone told me they were a ninja I'd probably say hey that's great man and then move on... same with the T-Rex... I wouldn't look at it as any kind of assault on me...

If you call Caitlyn, Bruce, you are told that you're a bigot or a transphobe. How is that different than dismissing someone claim to be a t-Rex or a ninja?

It's not about if THEY want to pretend to be whatever they want, that's all fine and dandy with me. Chop your *** off, take what ever hormone cocktail you want. It's you're body, but you start encroaching on my person when you insist I not be allowed to make My own opinions about it.
Well Bruce had his name legally changed to Caitlyn and you know the person's name is Caitlyn now so why are you calling that person Bruce? I mean you know what their name is now and people change their name through a legal process often enough so why are you insistent on calling Caitlyn, Bruce? That resistance could be seen as something similar to bigotry or transphobia so I get that even though I don't condone people attacking others in response... a name is a name though it's not that hard to call someone by their name...

Also, it's different because that is now actually the person's name... the other fictional people you are talking about clearly aren't ninjas or t-Rex's so that would be the difference...

Well I mean you are entitled to your own opinions... I mean isn't it only fair that they're allowed their own opinions too? Their opinion that because of your reaction to them you're a bigot or a transphobe or are they not allowed to have their own opinions about you? I mean you judged them based on their actions why can't they in turn judge you based on yours?

Phobia is an actual word with an actual definition (like racist and sexist). One is not phobic of trans people simply because they don't recognize them as their preferred sex. One cannot have the opinion of "I think you are a transphobe" because of that. That isn't phobia!
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 13:25:52
Link | Citer | R

I guess you were just begging for a huff post article!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6759862

Again I was only saying that it is more likely to happen that the non issue he brought up... he didn't prove it's an issue just said that he wouldn't be surprised if it'd happen...

As for rav's whole point about accusing people for things they haven't said I didn't accuse of him of anything... I simply brought up the point that he'd use something as ridiculous as he did to try and back up his original post on the matter... it's pretty obvious he hasn't brought up a defense for the other in the past and I even noted it's not like I think he's against it anyways only that he's not at all vocal about it...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-24 13:29:15
Link | Citer | R

You've quite literally shown nothing by providing a link to the ACLU page... you're entitled to your own opinion though...
Look, you are (very lazily) asserting that this is a self-identifying trait only.

You clearly do not understand the legal difficulties associated with adding just 1 gender to various laws (every single law would have to go straight back to various local, state, and federal legislation if that law even hints at targeting a specific gender. Over 50% of the cases ever made throughout US history has been about interpretation of law, which makes laws that are very clear about a gender who is targeted must be altered to include any additional genders if they are considered to exist. And every law must be changed by legislation, meaning it goes through the entire process to be created/amended, and every law must be individually amended meaning you can't write a bill that is a one-size-fits-all and amends them all, especially when we are talking about business/civil/criminal laws.

It was a pain in the *** for states who had to alter all the insurance regulations and laws just to add the ability for same-sex individuals to be covered as married. Also took years to get it done.

Do you honestly think this dramatic change will occur overnight or even in the same legislative session?

And that's just the legal side of it. There's also a bureaucratic side to it too, which runs slower than the legislative side.

Seriously, just drop it. You are inferring a problem that doesn't exist (transgenders being fired for being transgender) and now you are stating things you very clearly do not understand (law).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 13:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Which part of science is the 57 genders part?
Why do you care what people choose to identify as? I don't really get it all either... it makes my head hurt when people try to explain it to me but other than that why does it get you all in a tizzy about it?
That's me in a tizzy?

If someone told you there were a ninja, would you still feel obliged to indulge them in their delusion? What about a T-Rex? Is there a line anywhere? Why is it that the only person obligated to give up their values (aka you have the chromosomes therefore you are male/female) is me?
What values are you giving up? You mean your belief that there is either only a man or a woman? Well you don't have to... I don't know why you think you do... believe whatever you want to believe just as they can... personally I don't really get all of it myself so I just go about my day like nothing much has changed... if someone wants to call themselves whatever they want then who am I to bother em or why would I even want to waste the energy...

If someone told me they were a ninja I'd probably say hey that's great man and then move on... same with the T-Rex... I wouldn't look at it as any kind of assault on me...

If you call Caitlyn, Bruce, you are told that you're a bigot or a transphobe. How is that different than dismissing someone claim to be a t-Rex or a ninja?

It's not about if THEY want to pretend to be whatever they want, that's all fine and dandy with me. Chop your *** off, take what ever hormone cocktail you want. It's you're body, but you start encroaching on my person when you insist I not be allowed to make My own opinions about it.
Well Bruce had his name legally changed to Caitlyn and you know the person's name is Caitlyn now so why are you calling that person Bruce? I mean you know what their name is now and people change their name through a legal process often enough so why are you insistent on calling Caitlyn, Bruce? That resistance could be seen as something similar to bigotry or transphobia so I get that even though I don't condone people attacking others in response... a name is a name though it's not that hard to call someone by their name...

Also, it's different because that is now actually the person's name... the other fictional people you are talking about clearly aren't ninjas or t-Rex's so that would be the difference...

Well I mean you are entitled to your own opinions... I mean isn't it only fair that they're allowed their own opinions too? Their opinion that because of your reaction to them you're a bigot or a transphobe or are they not allowed to have their own opinions about you? I mean you judged them based on their actions why can't they in turn judge you based on yours?

Phobia is an actual word with an actual definition (like racist and sexist). One is not phobic of trans people simply because they don't recognize them as their preferred sex. One cannot have the opinion of "I think you are a transphobe" because of that. That isn't phobia!
Are you being serious?
By Nausi 2017-04-24 13:33:22
Link | Citer | R

You bet your *** I am. You don't agree with my premise? What are a Nausiphobe?
By eliroo 2017-04-24 13:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I was assigned male at birth, and my parents named me Steven. But I’d known for many years that I am a woman, and now I had the identification to prove it.

That type of talk shows a cognitive dissonance and how unattached this person is from actual society. I have no problem with them undergoing whatever operation needs to be done to make them a woman, or even if they believe they had feminist aspect their whole life but simply using the word "assigned" as if they were given a number in a factory. No, you were born as male. You choose to be a female at one point in your life and use the correct means to get there, but you WERE born a male, not assigned that title.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 13:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Look, you are (very lazily) asserting that this is a self-identifying trait only.

You clearly do not understand the legal difficulties associated with adding just 1 gender to various laws (every single law would have to go straight back to various local, state, and federal legislation if that law even hints at targeting a specific gender. Over 50% of the cases ever made throughout US history has been about interpretation of law, which makes laws that are very clear about a gender who is targeted must be altered to include any additional genders if they are considered to exist. And every law must be changed by legislation, meaning it goes through the entire process to be created/amended, and every law must be individually amended meaning you can't write a bill that is a one-size-fits-all and amends them all, especially when we are talking about business/civil/criminal laws.

It was a pain in the *** for states who had to alter all the insurance regulations and laws just to add the ability for same-sex individuals to be covered as married. Also took years to get it done.

Do you honestly think this dramatic change will occur overnight or even in the same legislative session?

And that's just the legal side of it. There's also a bureaucratic side to it too, which runs slower than the legislative side.

Seriously, just drop it. You are inferring a problem that doesn't exist (transgenders being fired for being transgender) and now you are stating things you very clearly do not understand (law).
I never said the process to add a gender wouldn't be difficult... I stated that no one is looking to legally add 57 more gender identifications... then you went off on a rant about how I don't understand things I wasn't even talking about or how I couldn't prove a problem that i wasn't trying to prove like you somehow made a point... idk what you're even doing anymore lol...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-04-24 13:37:12
Link | Citer | R

your premise that phobia is a real word with a real definition so that they can't use it as an opinion? I mean... are you using fake words with fake definitions in your opinions about them?

I am a Nausiphobe for sure...
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-04-24 13:37:53
Link | Citer | R

Let's just snuff out human rights, it's too much paperwork.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-04-24 13:38:59
Link | Citer | R

Again I was only saying that it is more likely to happen that the non issue he brought up... he didn't prove it's an issue just said that he wouldn't be surprised if it'd happen...

You know I wouldn't be surprised if it happened? Because you can be fined up to $250,000 in New York for using the wrong pronoun. It's not a huge logical leap we're talking about.

Now, I want an apology for your insensitivity to drought victims in Yemen.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-04-24 13:42:37
Link | Citer | R

your premise that phobia is a real word with a real definition so that they can't use it as an opinion? I mean... are you using fake words with fake definitions in your opinions about them?

I am a Nausiphobe for sure...

A phobia is an extreme and/or irrational fear of something. How does he argument go that "because you won't deem irrelevant Bruce Jenner's chromosomes, you must have an irrational fear of him"?

Enlighten me you nausiphobe.
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 79 80 81