Random Politics & Religion #21

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #21
Random Politics & Religion #21
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 50 51 52
By fonewear 2017-03-24 17:30:07
Link | Citer | R

If it wasn't for white men oppressing the world all the women would rule us by creating top ten lists on Huff Post !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-24 17:31:16
Link | Citer | R

WP thinks that the healthcare debate is over.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-24 17:32:08
Link | Citer | R

Washington Post also thinks wrestling is real...
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-03-24 17:39:12
Link | Citer | R

Well the WH said there was no Plan B. You would think they would have to come back to it soon tho. I mean, repealing Obamacare has only been priority #1 for the last 7 years.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-24 17:45:05
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
GOP failed again, not surprising. Ah, the sweet taste of Republicans' tears as they cry themselves to sleep over this disaster tonight.

Erm.... The Republicans here seem happy that it didn't pass. But hey, there's still Paul Ryan's tears as a consolation prize.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-24 17:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Well the WH said there was no Plan B. You would think they would have to come back to it soon tho. I mean, repealing Obamacare has only been priority #1 for the last 7 years.

Pre-vote rhetoric is likely to be different from what we'll hear in the aftermath. This isn't over yet.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-24 17:46:39
Link | Citer | R

Who says it's over?

Try #1 didn't work out. So what? Does that stop Try #2 from happening, or is that only when liberals attempt at anything?

GOP failed again, not surprising. Ah, the sweet taste of Republicans' tears as they cry themselves to sleep over this disaster tonight.
Let's see:

A Republican in the White House.
Republicans controlling the Senate.
Republicans controlling the House.
Republicans controlling most states.
Highly likely that Republicans will be in power for 4+ years.
Gorsuch's seat is all but assured, even if the Republicans have to pull the Reid Rule into play.
No Clinton in the White House.
Pelosi's not Speaker.
Schumer's not Majority Leader.
Kain's not Vice President.
Still plenty of time to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Yeah, lots to cry about.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-24 17:48:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Erm.... The Republicans here seem happy that it didn't pass. But hey, there's still Paul Ryan's tears as a consolation prize.
Still, we should probably let them celebrate.

I mean, they had nothing to celebrate about since 2012.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-03-24 17:53:01
Link | Citer | R

Pre-vote rhetoric is likely to be different from what we'll hear in the aftermath. This isn't over yet.

Maybe it comes back in the Fall, depending on whether or not they pass an actual budget or just a CR. They wasted a lot of time on this and it didn't even get to the Senate. You are talking about at least a full month on the legislative calender to get this done. Whenever they do come back to it, I wouldn't expect anything different to happen in the House.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-24 18:08:30
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-24 18:48:27
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-24 19:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
The question arises, when does Nunes recuse himself since he was not only a member of the Trump transition team but also one of the heads of the committee investigating it...
The answer is never. He doesn't have to recuse himself if a special prosecutor is installed.

And if one isn't, tell me what party chairs the ethics committee?

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I honestly believe the Dems will come to us. (WTF)
Right, why would we expect the liberals/democrats to bother to do anything but be partisan hacks?
You got it wrong King, its the GOP that needs to get democrats on board. The 60 votes bit in the sennate. And they need enough dems in the house to be able to jettison the Freedom caucus.

So if we actually bet a bipartisan health care law, whether its fix or R&R, what are your odds on it working as good as Germany's? Or even working?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-24 19:27:30
Link | Citer | R

I think we can all take solace in the fact that, no matter what happens in Washington, we should all thank our lucky stars that Clinton lost the Electoral vote.

Cause, boy, did we ever dodge a bullet there!
But took a Cheney to the face.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-24 19:32:23
Link | Citer | R

Chicago, I mean. Not the Cubs. I think the Cubs probably only have a few murderers on the team.
Some soccer team in Brazil just signed a convicted murderer* up as goalie. Somehow he turned up a get out of prison early card.

*Its gruesome. Trigger warning. Fo'real.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-24 19:36:59
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Right, why would we expect the liberals/democrats to bother to do anything but be partisan hacks?
You got it wrong King, its the GOP that needs to get democrats on board. The 60 votes bit in the sennate. And they need enough dems in the house to be able to jettison the Freedom caucus.

So if we actually bet a bipartisan health care law, whether its fix or R&R, what are your odds on it working as good as Germany's? Or even working?
You honestly think that there would need to be 60 votes?

You might as well say goodbye to the ol' filibuster, and thank Reid for killing it.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-24 19:37:37
Link | Citer | R

Without even hitting that link, oh no ******* way. Its just begun.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-24 19:48:26
Link | Citer | R

You honestly think that there would need to be 60 votes?

You might as well say goodbye to the ol' filibuster, and thank Reid for killing it.
Its the house really.

If the GOP tries to accommodate the freedom caucus they go down in flames. We saw that today.

The house has to craft something that will draw at least 60 dems. And those 60 kinda have to be blue dog dems. The fiscally responsible wing of the party. The blue dogs have often cooperated with the GOP establishment.

Bill was a blue dog. Tell me, when did we last have a surplus?

And, things being the way they are, if anything gets out of the house with 60+ dems on board it won't get filibustered in the senate.
By Viciouss 2017-03-24 19:53:55
Link | Citer | R

The filibuster isn't going anywhere o.O
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-24 20:25:29
Link | Citer | R

Without even hitting that link, oh no ******* way. Its just begun.

Single payer medi-care for all. Boom done.

.., if only it was that simple.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-24 21:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Hey its the victory they needed to rally behind. Next they will pull a hail mary and win the white house in the 2017 election.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-03-24 21:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, thanks for the free win.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-24 21:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, thanks for the free win.

Wont be the last.
By Viciouss 2017-03-24 21:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I don't see a lot of legislative victories for this admin because none of his ideas appeal to the Tea Party and they really don't care about anything other than themselves.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-24 22:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I don't see a lot of legislative victories for this admin because none of his ideas appeal to the Tea Party and they really don't care about anything other than themselves.
Sounds like the democrats.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-24 23:51:26
Link | Citer | R

Already talk about replacing Ryan as speaker.

Trump keeps removing establishment obstacles one at a time.

#stillnottiredofwinning
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-24 23:53:43
Link | Citer | R

They wasted 2+ weeks of the legislative calender on a bad healthcare bill that they were told was dead on Day 1. With a two week break coming in April there is no telling when or if healthcare will get done. Trump is obviously ready to move on to his budget wishlist but uh...I wouldn't expect it to be any different.

Just think how much more business would be done if the democrats hadn't passed that disaster in the first place. To bad they really screwed everything up huh?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-24 23:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Hey its the victory they needed to rally behind. Next they will pull a hail mary and win the white house in the 2017 election.
"Here's how Hillary can still win."
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 50 51 52