Random Politics & Religion #21

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #21
Random Politics & Religion #21
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 50 51 52
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-24 23:58:16
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Well the WH said there was no Plan B. You would think they would have to come back to it soon tho. I mean, repealing Obamacare has only been priority #1 for the last 7 years.
Strategery bro.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-25 09:34:11
Link | Citer | R

And in a suprising move...

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones backs off 'Pizzagate' claims
Seattle PI

Quote:
Alex Jones, the conspiracy-loving media personality, apologized Friday for his role in promoting "Pizzagate," the baseless viral story that a Washington pizza restaurant was the locale of a child sex-abuse ring run by Hillary Clinton and her campaign chairman, John Podesta.

In a surprising and rare bit of backtracking, Jones posted a six-minute video on his website, "InfoWars," in which he read a prepared statement formally distancing himself and his site from what became a textbook story of facts I don't like run amok. He addressed his apology to James Alefantis, the owner of Comet Ping Pong, the restaurant that was the supposed locale of the alleged conspiracy last year.

"I made comments about Mr. Alefantis that in hindsight I regret, and for which I apologize to him," Jones said. "We relied on third-party accounts of alleged activities and conduct at the restaurant. We also relied on accounts of [two] reporters who are no longer with us."

He added, "To my knowledge today, neither Mr. Alefantis nor his restaurant Comet Ping Pong, were involved in any human trafficking as was part of the theories about Pizzagate." The story, he said, "was based upon what we now believe was an incorrect narrative."

Jones, a staunch supporter of Donald Trump during the presidential campaign, offered no comment or apology to Clinton or Podesta for outlandish statements about their alleged involvement in the abuse of hundreds of children.

Jones didn't say what prompted his apology but it may have been motivated by a letter Alefantis wrote to him in February. The letter demands an apology and retraction for InfoWars' postings about Pizzagate; it does not threaten legal action, but refers to what Alefantis describes as "defaming" comments by InfoWars.

But the timing of Jones' apology suggests he was concerned about a potential lawsuit. Under Texas law, the Austin-based Jones had to retract or apologize for the stories by Friday - one full month after receiving Alefantis' letter - to avoid exposing InfoWars to punitive damages in a libel suit.

In a statement, Alefantis said, "I am pleased that Mr. Jones has apologized and admitted that he and his employees repeatedly spread falsehoods about me and my restaurant. I wish that he would have made this admission and apology months ago. And his apology, while welcome, does nothing to address the harm he and his company have done to me, my business, and my community."

A spokesperson for Alefantis said Friday that Alefantis and his attorney "continue to evaluate our legal claims."

As the story spread, Alefantis and his employees received multiple death threats. The rumors culminated in December when a North Carolina man, Edgar Madisson Welch, came to the restaurant with a loaded assault rifle and handgun in what he called an attempt to investigate the claims. He fired the rifle several times while inside the restaurant, according to court documents.

Welch coincidentally pleaded guilty on Friday to weapons and assault charges in an agreement with federal prosecutors in the District.

InfoWars wasn't the principal progenitor of the false story. The story spread primarily through such user-generated sites as Reddit and 4chan, as well as through fake-news websites and social media.

But InfoWars played a role, publishing numerous articles and commentaries that speculated about the alleged involvement of Clinton and Podesta. Pizzagate was sparked by cryptic comments made by Podesta in emails that were stolen and later released by WikiLeaks during the campaign.

Among the more damaging elements cited by Alefantis in his Feb. 22 letter was InfoWars' role in encouraging its followers "to go out and investigate the 'Pizzagate' conspiracy theory, to come to my restaurant and investigate lies."

In his statement, Alefantis noted, "We can all hope that Mr. Jones' retreat is the beginning of a process to hold accountable the people who motivated an armed gunman to travel across state lines and fire his weapon in a family-friendly restaurant."
By fonewear 2017-03-25 12:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Seattle PI

Quote:
Alex Jones, the conspiracy-loving media personality, apologized Friday for his role in promoting "Pizzagate," the baseless viral story that a Washington pizza restaurant was the locale of a child sex-abuse ring run by Hillary Clinton and her campaign chairman, John Podesta.

In a surprising and rare bit of backtracking, Jones posted a six-minute video on his website, "InfoWars," in which he read a prepared statement formally distancing himself and his site from what became a textbook story of facts I don't like run amok. He addressed his apology to James Alefantis, the owner of Comet Ping Pong, the restaurant that was the supposed locale of the alleged conspiracy last year.

"I made comments about Mr. Alefantis that in hindsight I regret, and for which I apologize to him," Jones said. "We relied on third-party accounts of alleged activities and conduct at the restaurant. We also relied on accounts of [two] reporters who are no longer with us."

He added, "To my knowledge today, neither Mr. Alefantis nor his restaurant Comet Ping Pong, were involved in any human trafficking as was part of the theories about Pizzagate." The story, he said, "was based upon what we now believe was an incorrect narrative."

Jones, a staunch supporter of Donald Trump during the presidential campaign, offered no comment or apology to Clinton or Podesta for outlandish statements about their alleged involvement in the abuse of hundreds of children.

Jones didn't say what prompted his apology but it may have been motivated by a letter Alefantis wrote to him in February. The letter demands an apology and retraction for InfoWars' postings about Pizzagate; it does not threaten legal action, but refers to what Alefantis describes as "defaming" comments by InfoWars.

But the timing of Jones' apology suggests he was concerned about a potential lawsuit. Under Texas law, the Austin-based Jones had to retract or apologize for the stories by Friday - one full month after receiving Alefantis' letter - to avoid exposing InfoWars to punitive damages in a libel suit.

In a statement, Alefantis said, "I am pleased that Mr. Jones has apologized and admitted that he and his employees repeatedly spread falsehoods about me and my restaurant. I wish that he would have made this admission and apology months ago. And his apology, while welcome, does nothing to address the harm he and his company have done to me, my business, and my community."

A spokesperson for Alefantis said Friday that Alefantis and his attorney "continue to evaluate our legal claims."

As the story spread, Alefantis and his employees received multiple death threats. The rumors culminated in December when a North Carolina man, Edgar Madisson Welch, came to the restaurant with a loaded assault rifle and handgun in what he called an attempt to investigate the claims. He fired the rifle several times while inside the restaurant, according to court documents.

Welch coincidentally pleaded guilty on Friday to weapons and assault charges in an agreement with federal prosecutors in the District.

InfoWars wasn't the principal progenitor of the false story. The story spread primarily through such user-generated sites as Reddit and 4chan, as well as through fake-news websites and social media.

But InfoWars played a role, publishing numerous articles and commentaries that speculated about the alleged involvement of Clinton and Podesta. Pizzagate was sparked by cryptic comments made by Podesta in emails that were stolen and later released by WikiLeaks during the campaign.

Among the more damaging elements cited by Alefantis in his Feb. 22 letter was InfoWars' role in encouraging its followers "to go out and investigate the 'Pizzagate' conspiracy theory, to come to my restaurant and investigate lies."

In his statement, Alefantis noted, "We can all hope that Mr. Jones' retreat is the beginning of a process to hold accountable the people who motivated an armed gunman to travel across state lines and fire his weapon in a family-friendly restaurant."
"What Is This Mickey Mouse ***!?"
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-25 12:34:03
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

Seattle PI

Quote:

"What Is This Mickey Mouse ***!?"
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-25 12:41:07
Link | Citer | R

"I don't know if America belongs in Vietnam, I know I belong in Vietnam"
By fonewear 2017-03-25 12:45:01
Link | Citer | R

Is that you John Wayne ? Is this me ?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-25 19:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Is Seth Abramson the Scoobie Doo to Trumps Mr. McGillicutti?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-25 20:25:40
Link | Citer | R

But yet they STILL won't give up.

'Pizzagate' protest stakes out in front of the White House
Washington Examner. Which is slightly more reputable than the National Enquirer...

But yeah... they were there.
By Ruaumoko 2017-03-25 20:48:54
Link | Citer | R

Jesus...

I mean, come on people...
By fonewear 2017-03-26 07:46:01
Link | Citer | R

But yet they STILL won't give up.

'Pizzagate' protest stakes out in front of the White House
Washington Examner. Which is slightly more reputable than the National Enquirer...

But yeah... they were there.

Personal Pan Pizzagate !
By fonewear 2017-03-26 07:47:37
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Jesus...

I mean, come on people...

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-26 13:00:44
Link | Citer | R

And a truly Dewey defeats Truman moment....

Basketball Fans Treated To Ads Congratulating Republicans For Repealing Obamacare

Quote:
Basketball fans tonight in several Republican-adjacent TV markets are enjoying a series of ads, prematurely bought by the American Action Network PAC, inviting viewers to call their representatives to thank them for repealing Obamacare today—something that did not happen.
Example:

[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-03-26 15:38:55
Link | Citer | R

And a truly Dewey defeats Truman moment....

Basketball Fans Treated To Ads Congratulating Republicans For Repealing Obamacare

Quote:
Basketball fans tonight in several Republican-adjacent TV markets are enjoying a series of ads, prematurely bought by the American Action Network PAC, inviting viewers to call their representatives to thank them for repealing Obamacare today—something that did not happen.

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-26 15:48:25
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-26 17:06:29
Link | Citer | R

By Blazed1979 2017-03-26 18:03:47
Link | Citer | R

Awww...I was looking forward to the pandemonium that would have followed Trumpryan care.. I'm the kind of person that likes watching a good storm lift up livestock and throw them around like toys in a washing machine.

Baaaaaaa Republicans, Baaaaaaaaaaa!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-26 18:29:02
Link | Citer | R

A really good article on the whys of the fail even if it is from Slate:

Why Trumpcare Failed
You can’t unite a party that is fundamentally divided.

Openers:
Quote:
Republicans’ effort to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act failed on Friday. It failed because legislating on health care is hard. Successfully doing so involves a lot of trade-offs and, if it’s to be meaningful, will disrupt people’s lives. Only once in modern times has a party successfully pushed through comprehensive health care reform—Barack Obama and the Democratic Party with the Affordable Care Act in 2010.

After making repeal of that law their top legislative priority for the past seven years, Republicans now join the much longer list of failures because, during all that time, they never reached a consensus. Rather than come up with a plan the party could unite behind, and with the ACA filling the space where bipartisan consensus could be had, they splintered and entrenched. You can’t bridge that divide. (For their own political sakes, they’re lucky they didn’t.)

The tactical mistakes made along the way are all symptoms of that underlying cause. Probably most of those tactical mistakes, too, were the least worst of a slew of bad options. Leaders could have tried something else at all of these turns and found themselves failing in a different way.

But let’s run through the tactical mistakes anyway....
There is no TLDR for their tactical analysis.
By fonewear 2017-03-26 18:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Just finished watching Stranger Things great show.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-26 21:25:41
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
I'm the kind of person that likes watching a good storm lift up livestock and throw them around like toys in a washing machine.
Let me guess. You were watching Schumer talk too?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-26 21:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm the kind of person that likes watching a good storm lift up livestock and throw them around like toys in a washing machine.

Hey now. Take it easy on Schumer. He may be a hyper-partisan buffoon, but at least he's... got... uhhhhhhhhhhhh... hold on, there's gotta be a redeeming quality there somewhere....

I'll get back to you.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-27 09:37:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Hey now. Take it easy on Schumer. He may be a hyper-partisan buffoon, but at least he's... got... uhhhhhhhhhhhh... hold on, there's gotta be a redeeming quality there somewhere....

I'll get back to you.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-27 09:38:11
Link | Citer | R

Hi I'm Amy Schumer and for just 1 dollar a day you can help me and my vagina ! Please send money now !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-27 09:43:16
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I'll get back to you.
Wrong Schumer.

Although, in your defense, they are both buffoons.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-27 09:45:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure if Schumer wasn't a Senator he would be a used car salesman !
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-27 10:35:19
Link | Citer | R

We need more political ads that resemble used car ads...

Quote:
"At Rob Jones for Senate, we've got the best deals for you and your family! This Tuesday only, if you vote for me I'll throw in ZERO NEW TAXES!"

... or more used car ads that resemble political ads...

Quote:
"Dave at Dave's Chevrolet was seen last summer kicking a puppy. Kicking a puppy?!? You wouldn't want to buy from someone who kicks a puppy... would you?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-03-27 10:39:52
Link | Citer | R

toys in a washing machine.

that's really bad for your washing machine....and your toys... you should stop doing that and also feel bad.

I didn't really follow the latest heathcare debate very closely...or at all. I can pretend to be upset about it if it will make you feel any better...

but obamacare is a bad, never ending joke with no punchline.. it's health insurance in name only. you have to pay for it, but it doesn't cover anything. Your "co pays" are just as much as the doctors takes from cash patients. If you can even find a doctor that is in your network that is taking new patients... the old needle in the haystack trick. good luck with that. I don't know where to start to try to fix it and I have a lot of company.

the insurance companies are dropping plans, the doctors never expected to be paid in the first place which is why they all ask for the co pay up front....

someone is making out like a bandit. if anyone knows their stock symbol, hook us up. thanks
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-27 10:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
toys in a washing machine.

that's really bad for your washing machine....and your toys... you should stop doing that and also feel bad.

I didn't really follow the latest heathcare debate very closely...or at all. I can pretend to be upset about it if it will make you feel any better...

but obamacare is a bad, never ending joke with no punchline.. it's health insurance in name only. you have to pay for it, but it doesn't cover anything. Your "co pays" are just as much as the doctors takes from cash patients. If you can even find a doctor that is in your network that is taking new patients... the old needle in the haystack trick. good luck with that. I don't know where to start to try to fix it and I have a lot of company.

the insurance companies are dropping plans, the doctors never expected to be paid in the first place which is why they all ask for the co pay up front....

someone is making out like a bandit. if anyone knows their stock symbol, hook us up. thanks

LLY Eli Lilly
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-27 10:47:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

So... don't use toys while waiting on your shipment of Lamby Dryer Balls from New Zealand? Better call the wife.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-27 11:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Is Trump already a lame duck president?

Quote:
(CNN)Donald Trump may just have achieved another first -- but this isn't one he will like. He may be on the verge of becoming the first president to be considered a "lame duck" within the first two months of his presidency.

If you define a "lame duck" president as someone who lacks the political capital to turn his ideas into policy, you might want to stick a fork in Trump because he's done -- at least for now.
In fact, what we saw Friday with Trump's healthcare failure is possibly just the tip of the lame-duck iceberg. Think about this for a moment: Trump and the Republicans for years have repeated, "Repeal and replace Obamacare," over and over to the point it was more than a mantra. It sounded like Hodor from "Game of Thrones," who was capable of only saying his own name.

Yet here's Trump just two months into his first term, failing to pass a piece of legislation that was one of the signature parts of his campaign despite his own party controlling Congress....
It goes on...
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 50 51 52