Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-12-17 23:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Sub Blu. Do spells like geist wall and sheep song.
 Asura.Taberif
Serveur: Asura
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2016-12-17 23:33:23
Link | Citer | R

/war and JA rotation is more than enough to hold hate.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Serveur: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2016-12-18 01:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
Really beginning to think that x2 COR with solid shooting sets will outdo x2 RNG here.

This took the Flayer from 100% to 35%. Volt Strike finished it off after. Total run time was 5:35.

Not sure why you think cor x2 would out do rng x2 because of that screenshot. All I see highlighted is a summoner bloodpact, followed by a marksmanship weaponskill that is stronger on rng than cor and a Radiance skillchain, something both rng and cor can do with Fomalhaut. If you had shown me something corsair specific, we'd have a discussion.

Im not a SMN but ive been running into issues with blood pacts doing jack squat for damage in our group,Should they be doing acc/Blood back damage or attack? Like i said im not a SMN but im not sure why our smn isnt doing alot of damage,Thank you in advance
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2016-12-18 02:49:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
How do people deal with the imps on intense.

1. they always go for backline when pld aggroes
2. routinely lose hate and go and hit the healer

Asura.Thorva said: »
sentinel should pull mobs off backline at the start? do pld pop it as he goes in ?

Pld needs more than just that, sentinel will wear off before all the adds are dead. Consider /blu for AoE hate

Rampart. Don't even need to hit anyone with it. Just run in, aggro, pop it and run away to line up against a corner wall or wherever. I save Sentinel for if/when I get full erased to buy me time to rebuff. /blu for Geist Wall, Sheep Song, Soporific, Cocoon helps. A couple Geist Walls and you'll be ok, assuming your enmity set is solid. There is no reason to be /war on PLD these days for tanking situations. Cocoon and the other hate tools are too good to give up.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-12-18 03:14:16
Link | Citer | R

How do people deal with the imps on intense.

1. they always go for backline when pld aggroes
2. routinely lose hate and go and hit the healer

I didnt do the ambuscade this month but isnt this the normal behavior of enmity in ambuscade areas?

All mobs should have everyone in list so if your tank dont generate hate, they will move to the next on list. While dmg just affects the target being hit, enhancing magic, cures and job abilities generate hate in everyone that has that char on hate list. RUN has it easier as he can use foil thats a self enhancing magic with high enmity generation. PLD can use self cures. /BLU has a few AoE spells that can generate quick amount of hate, the biggest problem will be the risk of being interrupted and having everyone on range.

Also, the less you take dmg less hate you lose so make sure your tank is using good defensive set, there is no point in being a tank if your healer is cureskining him.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-18 03:51:33
Link | Citer | R

It's pretty easy to interrupt yourself on accident if you don't wait long enough after running in to start casting (and regardless it's still slower to cast something), so I would actually recommend opening with Pflug (or Sentinel if doing the PLD or /PLD thing) over Foil.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-18 04:09:05
Link | Citer | R

XI transmits/receives twice per second, iirc, so a half a second wait should be good.

Been doing it for so long it's like a damn reflex.
By Calinari 2016-12-18 04:49:49
Link | Citer | R

Can someone do everyone a solid and post about how amazing Banish is on vol2 so whm will do it, and this won't be worse than bashing my head on the desk for 15 minutes while blu's failchip away with clubs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-12-18 04:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Volt strike. Do volt strike.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-18 05:12:13
Link | Citer | R

Calinari said: »
Can someone do everyone a solid and post about how amazing Banish is on vol2 so whm will do it, and this won't be worse than bashing my head on the desk for 15 minutes while blu's failchip away with clubs.

I think a lot of people have forgotten, or never learned, how to play WHM as anything but a cure, -na, and erase bot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-18 06:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Solo'd V2 Normal last night on COR because I was 100 points short on body. Ingrid did very well banishing it over and over to negate most of the damage resistance.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-18 08:03:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »
Im not a SMN but ive been running into issues with blood pacts doing jack squat for damage in our group,Should they be doing acc/Blood back damage or attack? Like i said im not a SMN but im not sure why our smn isnt doing alot of damage,Thank you in advance

Does your SMN have Nirvana? If not, might be hard to hit 30k+ Volt Strikes without it. I've gone with a couple of different NQ SMNs and the damage difference is pretty huge between them and the Mythic owners.

Pet rolls and Frailty are super important as well.

Ruaumoko said: »
Really beginning to think that x2 COR with solid shooting sets will outdo x2 RNG here.

2COR, 2SMN are both better than bringing a RNG from my experience.

Triple Shot, 4 Rolls (STP, Att, Racc, Allies) boosting damage/frequency of 3-step Radiance is pretty hard to beat.

I don't have Fomalhaut tho, so 1COR, 2SMN has worked better with low-delay gun (DP) riding Triple Shot to do light every 10 secs or so.

On VD when double shield goes up is where having 2SMN pays off too.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-18 09:48:34
Link | Citer | R

People keep mentioning radiance like everyone is just walking around with fomalhauts.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-18 09:53:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
fomalhauts
At least from my experience most of the good CORs, not roll only CORs on Asura are walking around with them... Might be why people keep bringing them up. I'm not saying every one of them are but a lot of the serious CORs are.

COR imo is either taken very seriously or "I'm here for rolls only" from what I've seen not to many in the middle compared to other jobs at least from what I have observed.

And yes I am one of those CORs with a Fomalhaut not trying to be a jerk just stating what I have seen from fellow CORs I know or know about on the server.
By Verda 2016-12-18 10:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
2COR, 2SMN are both better than bringing a RNG from my experience.

Not trying to be a douche but the number of RNG that are up to date geared vs the ones that have stuff left from when it was popular in delve is about 1 in 20. Meanwhile passionate COR have existed for a long time and never went anywhere. I wouldn't judge RNG's usefulness unless you're judging it based on a very up to date RNG passionate about the job, getting a setup they choose. Not to start a job war but a well geared RNG with a proper setup doesn't have anything to fear from COR dps, but neither is COR dps anything to sneer at. Since Imp's are weak to piercing, a well geared RNG would be able to spam 30k+ Jishnu's every other ranged shot. RNG needs COR in the party for Sam roll if nothing else to properly achieve that though, and SMN will also love Beast Roll. Just saying don't count RNG out, there's really no reason to.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-18 11:10:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
People keep mentioning radiance like everyone is just walking around with fomalhauts.

Is being mentioned because this month's ambuscade is so ranged friendly, and Fomalhaut is one of the most frequently made aeonics. And really, it doesn't change the strat, it just means you'll do light instead of Radiance.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-18 11:39:32
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
You're going to need at least 1250+ racc pre-food for VD intense. I sit at around 1400 racc in one set that I use for this event and was finally seeing accuracy numbers I was ok with- not happy, ok.

whats your acc set look like? Granted im not a rng and only throwing stuff together that i could get my hands on quickly, but im sitting at around 1200 racc. I dont see me squeezing all to much more out of it without spending some good time on it.

ItemSet 348327

Important notes-

No Telos Earring yet- that would be an obvious better option than one of my earrings.

Herculean body has augments of AGI+5,Racc+26,Ratk+20, WSD+2%, giving TP-relevant stats of AGI+35, Racc+41, Ratk+20.

Using Sublime Sushi with this setup puts me at 1401 racc before buffs...I'm also at 980 Job points so I'm missing a few gifts of Racc.

*edit- and for some reason its putting my +1 axe offhand.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-18 12:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Herculean body has augments of AGI+5,Racc+26,Ratk+20, WSD+2%, giving TP-relevant stats of AGI+35, Racc+41, Ratk+20.

I'm 100% sure a raw Meghanda Body +1 lands you with much better stats for TPing sans the 3 Store TP.

If you actually need Store TP then Adhemar Gloves have much better value only giving up 3 Raac for 6 Store TP.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-18 12:58:32
Link | Citer | R

was a debate I had on the body, and for the exact reasons you mention (the Store TP loss in my high acc set).

I'll give the swap of meg+1 body/adhemar hands for herc body/meg+1 hands a try- as always, ty for making my rng better!
By Sidra 2016-12-18 13:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Just like to say, I have been running VD 2 on my DRG. Master DRG, Capped Staff merits and 5 merits into Shattersoul, wielding a Nilgal Pole (pimped my staff game after a Belphegor fight left me and my polearm feeling like a total scrub). I have been running it with Monks and Club wielding WARs and BLUs. I have yet to be outparsed by anyone. DPS w/ GEO support generally 900-1400, in a fight with generally lower DPS numbers because of the stuns.

I just think it's funny - what has Vanadiel come to when a mob is piercing resistant but weak to blunt, and Dragoons are running around kicking *** (and sadly beating some decent Monks....)

I am sure there are some ultra pimped Monks out there who would outdo me, but the simple fact that it's as good as it is, I am finding really ironic.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-18 13:10:30
Link | Citer | R

Sidra said: »
Just like to say, I have been running VD 2 on my DRG. Master DRG, Capped Staff merits and 5 merits into Shattersoul, wielding a Nilgal Pole. I have been running it with Monks and Club wielding WARs and BLUs. I have yet to be outparsed by anyone. DPS w/ GEO support generally 900-1400, in a fight with generally lower DPS numbers because of the stuns.

I just think it's funny - what has Vanadiel come to when a mob is piercing resistant but weak to blunt, and Dragoons are running around kicking *** (and sadly beating Monks....)

I am sure there are some ultra pimped Monks out there who would outdo me, but the simple fact that it's as good as it is, I am finding really ironic.

There's one part of your post that makes me very happy, and the obvious part that is sad. It's great to see you taking your job in a direction not typically meant, and you're able to participate effectively in an event where the masses will rally against piercing. Its sad that you're outparsing jobs designed around that mode of damage, yes. But keep rolling with what works for you- not your fault SE has set the metrics where they are.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-12-18 14:19:44
Link | Citer | R

So I have just been using Bow for V1...what is the deal with Gun and Last Stand? Does it not get *** blocked when the mob decides to only take crit damage?
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-18 14:50:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if it's been posted, but I think the trick to the Soulflayer is to remove its single shield as quickly as possible. If it gets a double shield then it seems impossible to do any damage to it.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-18 15:36:36
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
Not trying to be a douche but the number of RNG that are up to date geared vs the ones that have stuff left from when it was popular in delve is about 1 in 20. Meanwhile passionate COR have existed for a long time and never went anywhere. I wouldn't judge RNG's usefulness unless you're judging it based on a very up to date RNG passionate about the job, getting a setup they choose. Not to start a job war but a well geared RNG with a proper setup doesn't have anything to fear from COR dps, but neither is COR dps anything to sneer at. Since Imp's are weak to piercing, a well geared RNG would be able to spam 30k+ Jishnu's every other ranged shot. RNG needs COR in the party for Sam roll if nothing else to properly achieve that though, and SMN will also love Beast Roll. Just saying don't count RNG out, there's really no reason to.

I didn't mean to say that COR > RNG in general, only in the context of this fight, where 4 rolls/Triple Shot TP speed is probably going to offer more DPS than what a RNG would bring. I've gone w/ RNG's before and Jishnu and Last Stand numbers were really very good.
By Verda 2016-12-19 00:59:59
Link | Citer | R

4 rolls/Triple Shot TP
4 rolls can be significant but has to be weighed against everything else. RNG won't need hunters in that fight and you won't need allies because the imps die in one skillchain. As far as triple shot, it's been said before but triple shot is a 1.5 min long buff with 5 min recast, meanwhile double shot has the same duration but a 3 min recast. Pair this with the fact 3 hit sets are what you go for on a well geared RNG, meaning ws -> shoot -> shoot -> WS and RNG can already be 1k tp after 1 shot every time double shot procs, triple shot just gives you more tp overage to empower last stand, and isn't up nearly as often. There's other reasons besides (far superior acc/attack, conserve tp, faster attack speed, option for lower delay weapons for 3 hits so you ws time is sooner, relic head tp gain, dead aim traits, and so on) but in the interest of staying on topic and the fact experiences differ based on who you're comparing to (even a melee whm will at some point over take a poorly geared blu for example but that doesn't speak to the potential dps of either job), lets just say I disagree and have my own experiences to back it up, and only say anything because people tend to start saying things like RNG is just a bad version of COR which is strictly untrue especially if you only look at dps potential.
[+]
By geigei 2016-12-19 01:19:29
Link | Citer | R

rng cor cor smn works nicely (did that) but i would choose another rng over the 2nd cor, anyway this a 6min setup.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-19 03:17:31
Link | Citer | R

4 rolls/Triple Shot TP
4 rolls can be significant but has to be weighed against everything else. RNG won't need hunters in that fight and you won't need allies because the imps die in one skillchain. As far as triple shot, it's been said before but triple shot is a 1.5 min long buff with 5 min recast, meanwhile double shot has the same duration but a 3 min recast. Pair this with the fact 3 hit sets are what you go for on a well geared RNG, meaning ws -> shoot -> shoot -> WS and RNG can already be 1k tp after 1 shot every time double shot procs, triple shot just gives you more tp overage to empower last stand, and isn't up nearly as often. There's other reasons besides (far superior acc/attack, conserve tp, faster attack speed, option for lower delay weapons for 3 hits so you ws time is sooner, relic head tp gain, dead aim traits, and so on) but in the interest of staying on topic and the fact experiences differ based on who you're comparing to (even a melee whm will at some point over take a poorly geared blu for example but that doesn't speak to the potential dps of either job), lets just say I disagree and have my own experiences to back it up, and only say anything because people tend to start saying things like RNG is just a bad version of COR which is strictly untrue especially if you only look at dps potential.

I admire that you care enough about RNG to come out and advocate strongly for it. With that said, I want to reiterate that my original comment was neither intended as a dismissal nor a slight.

If you have a ballin' RNG, and have ideal support for it, ofc you'd be crazy not to bring RNG.

Barring that, tho, I'm leaning 2COR or 2SMN.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-19 07:13:49
Link | Citer | R

As far as triple shot, it's been said before but triple shot is a 1.5 min long buff with 5 min recast, meanwhile double shot has the same duration but a 3 min recast

Verda you noob ! 2x COR also means 2x Random Deal to reset on the Moogles easily between runs. Good chances our Triple Shots get reset and outdo your gimp Double Shots. Get back to working out so you can be as cool as us !

Submit to the COR masterrace !
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-19 19:57:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Pantafernando said: »
- About adds (Imps), do they need to be killed before boss, or one can go straight to Soulflayer?
- What would be the safest/fastest setup that you guys came up for dps so far? RNG or SMN? or a mix of those?
Soulflayer takes 0 damage until Imps are dead (or at least before 1 is dead; accidentally Volt Striked the Flayer at the start and it did 0 damage)

Haven't done a whole lot, but RNG COR SMN with a COR that is able to also deal ranged damage is probably the ideal combo for damage due to skillchain potential along with the wide array of buffs.

Soulflayer doesn't take any damage at all until imps are dead. my first fight i tried to strike him after each imp and they all did zero until they were all dead.

Not that it matters, but this isn't true (or at least there's more to it).
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-12-20 13:52:49
Link | Citer | R

Anyone seen that before? Tribulation OHKOed everyone.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30