Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-20 13:59:11
Link | Citer | R

Yes. It's close to a 1000/tick Bio on VD.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-12-20 14:03:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm 6boxing on E though with a not so optimal setup cause my friends chars are not up to date.

And it was literally instantaneous death:
12:48:19The Master Manipulator readies Tribulation.
12:48:20Nynja falls to the ground.
12:48:20Lythrial falls to the ground.
12:48:20Garuda readies Predator Claws.
12:48:21Vermy falls to the ground.
12:48:22Kehhiko falls to the ground.
12:48:22All party members have fallen in battle. Exiting in 3 minutes.
12:48:22The Master Manipulator uses Tribulation.Nynja is afflicted with Bio.
12:48:22Garuda is afflicted with Bio.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-20 14:31:03
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps something affects the potency of Tribulation. I know when I was hit by it on D, it wasn't doing more than 200. Been pretty consistently doing at least 800 on VD, though.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-20 15:33:12
Link | Citer | R

I've occasionally been hit by non-world shattering Tribulation Bios on VD as well.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-12-21 02:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Perhaps something affects the potency of Tribulation. I know when I was hit by it on D, it wasn't doing more than 200. Been pretty consistently doing at least 800 on VD, though.
It did Fantod before Tribulation, but I'm not sure if thats the sole culprit.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-12-21 18:09:27
Link | Citer | R

For Intense Volume 1 ambuscade, is there a way to take down the Soulflayer's shields w/o SMN?
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-22 13:59:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
For Intense Volume 1 ambuscade, is there a way to take down the Soulflayer's shields w/o SMN?
I would like to know this also.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-22 14:22:45
Link | Citer | R

I am not 100% sure on whether is true but I'll share my experience with the fight. There are two shield levels, single and double. It gains a shield level when it uses Immortal Shield (I think.) If it has a single shield up already, then it gains a double shield. The rate at which it uses shields seemed to be time related (from when you defeat the last Imp) and not TP related but I can't be 100% sure on this. We did it with PLD RNG RNG COR GEO WHM. We weren't able to do anything to it once the double shield was up (basically this was a loss), but if our DPS was quick enough we were able to remove the single shield (thus preventing the double shield.) Critical hits seemed to do damage through the single shield and may be responsible for removing the single shield (and perhaps this is why Volt Strike works.) We used Coronach on the Imps (we would otherwise sometimes pull them over to us) and Jishnu's Radiance on the boss because it did damage through the shield. I can't remark on whether SMN can do damage through the double shield. I am skeptical as if you can do fast DPS you'll kill it before it even has a chance to do that.

Also, take this with a grain of salt. These are casual observations over 8 fights only. I didn't apply the scientific method to them.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-08 21:13:40
Link | Citer | R

Anyone ever figure out what's up with the bio? Trying to last minute my hallmarks and it's doing 3000+ ticks on my PLD well over half the time(VD). Turning what should be 6-7 min runs into 15.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-08 21:54:34
Link | Citer | R

I don't believe anyone figured out what causes the varying potency of Tribulation Bio. If you aren't already, I'd probably just /RUN and keep up Lux/Pflug once you get to the Flayer. Maybe Entrust Attunement or Vex as well if you aren't using it on anything too important.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-09 08:50:44
Link | Citer | R

You can reliably resist it? That's helpful, rest of the fight is harmless so I'll give that a try.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-09 08:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snaps said: »

I am not 100% sure on whether is true but I'll share my experience with the fight. There are two shield levels, single and double. It gains a shield level when it uses Immortal Shield (I think.) If it has a single shield up already, then it gains a double shield. The rate at which it uses shields seemed to be time related (from when you defeat the last Imp) and not TP related but I can't be 100% sure on this. We did it with PLD RNG RNG COR GEO WHM. We weren't able to do anything to it once the double shield was up (basically this was a loss), but if our DPS was quick enough we were able to remove the single shield (thus preventing the double shield.) Critical hits seemed to do damage through the single shield and may be responsible for removing the single shield (and perhaps this is why Volt Strike works.) We used Coronach on the Imps (we would otherwise sometimes pull them over to us) and Jishnu's Radiance on the boss because it did damage through the shield. I can't remark on whether SMN can do damage through the double shield. I am skeptical as if you can do fast DPS you'll kill it before it even has a chance to do that.

Also, take this with a grain of salt. These are casual observations over 8 fights only. I didn't apply the scientific method to them.

A bit late but Last Stand can do damage through the shield, so in this setup have the cor switch to Tact if the shield blocks you.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-09 09:14:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

A bit late but Last Stand can do damage through the shield, so in this setup have the cor switch to Tact if the shield blocks you.

Double or single? I think every weaponskill I've seen will go through the single shield, and if you're doing good DPS you'll literally never see the double shield.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-09 09:16:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You can reliably resist it?
I wouldn't say reliably, but it's better than never resisting it.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-09 09:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Double or single? I think every weaponskill I've seen will go through the single shield, and if you're doing good DPS you'll literally never see the double shield.

I've never seen Last stand do 0, and I swear I've had double up.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-09 13:33:18
Link | Citer | R

Only thing under my control varying significantly was amount of buffs(reprobation / mind purge), so I tried leaving my PLD totally unbuffed(even took solace off whm) and so far bio's been the same ~1000 every time it came up. Not really positive confirmation and probably too late to matter, but worth a shot for anyone else trying
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2017-01-09 15:58:15
Link | Citer | R

This is pretty last minute, but last night I was able to do this with BST (me) as the only DD on D (had a PLD, COR, GEO, and 2 WHMs, which we only needed 1, but needed a sixth for gallantry and it let another ls member join the group). The fights were pretty slow at around 10-20 minutes each because it took like 4-5 ready moves with SCes to kill each imp and the AOE's by the Soulflayer were pretty annoying because they did quite a bit of dmg to me (put me at 300-400 hp with Shell V and would one shot me if buffs were dispelled) and also drew my pets attention which made me waste ready charges and messed up SCes.

I was using the lizard jug so I could make 2, 3,or 4 step Fusion and the PLD could also possibly make Light with Savage Blade if he had TP and didn't have amnesia. On the boss I started with the Lizard too and I made a 4 step SC with Run Wild on, which would take like 40-50% of the NM's hp, but at lower health, it started to use 2 nukes in a row and it made surviving harder, so I switched to Tiger to be further away from the NM and out of range of the spells. All the ready moves seemed to do around 15k from both the lizard and tiger, unless the Soulflayer had Mighty Guard up.

Also like others have said, the Bio will really mess you up if the Soulflayer uses it, but it didn't seem to use the move too often (probably like 25% of the runs or less).

After one of the WHMs had enough Hallmarks for the full HQ armor set, we replaced him with a SMN and fights went a lot faster with 2 DDs. Didn't really make too many SCes between the BST and SMN, but the imps died a lot faster.

Two BSTs could probably do pretty well on this too, but the BSTs have to move out of range a lot when killing adds if using lizard jugs. SMNs would definitely be easier, especially if they can coordinate BPs to make Light with Volt Strike closing it.
By Jumeya 2017-01-09 16:39:49
Link | Citer | R

Physical, slashing, non crit weaponskills were going through the double shield on our runs. If it ever happened, it was at the very last few %, and with tactitians roll, we just waited for enough TP to do savage blade twice (Cor and Rdm) to finish it up

PT GEO PLD RDM COR RNG RNG

Crit weapon skills (Jishnu's Radiance) took down the single shield, although unreliably vs a SMN's Volt Strike?

But we only got double shield twice? in dozens of runs

Sub 10%, due to the magic AoE spam (paired with buff dispels, so no shell, etc) being anywhere near melee range is not recommended.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-10 01:33:46
Link | Citer | R

Initial findings for Intense (Difficult) while triple boxing:

- Aura doesn't appear for about 15 seconds after they are aggroed; may be similar to Trolls in that aura doesn't appear until one of their HP drops below 100%
- Aura makes all the Lamia ignore whoever is at the top of the hate list and all target the same target who is 2nd highest on the hate list.
- Unclear on specifications of aura removal, but simply DDing one of the adds normally on RUN quickly removed the aura. I was fighting the Frigg, who appears to be a WAR. Also assisted by Skathi who is a RNG.
- Adds are resummoned 30 seconds after death.
- Killing an add triggers the boss to do a special move called "Imperiling Disregard" which is AoE Petrification + 10-15 second Doom; this is where my run ended. Don't know the range as I had everyone within 10 yalms due to the hate mechanics
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2017-01-10 01:43:12
Link | Citer | R

I threw a Sinker Drill on the boss to test damage and it removed aura. This was on VD. Really seems like a back tank PLD+ SMN/BST fight. Charm/Petrify etc can be avoided via not looking at them.

Boss can use Imperiling Disregard without any adds dead, also. She took ok damage; 60ish sword swings with no real buffs/Geo stuff and Sinker Drill did 1700.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-10 01:50:54
Link | Citer | R

Overall this doesn't look like a difficult fight. 2 GEOs should render everything harmless. ID's Doom effect might be avoidable by just focusing on the petrification effect. RUN was the only one that resisted both the Doom and Petrification while using triple Flabra/Barstone, etc.. I'd imagine if their status effects were separate, I'd have at least gotten hit with the Doom.
By hobo 2017-01-10 01:54:16
Link | Citer | R

on VE intense I saw Frigg was spamming the charm dance at 50% consistently (it regened while I was charmed). I was messing around as cor, everything was dying at a rate I expected for vol2.
By Ruaumoko 2017-01-10 01:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Vol.2 is stupidly easy.

Just bring magic damage and physical damage to counter-act his 'mode' changes.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-01-10 02:23:11
Link | Citer | R

It feels like when the aura was up they would target whoever did the last action. Casting cure, casting an avatar, melee hit, etc... I died from eagle eye shot. Got up and casted cait sith for reraise and got targeted again before I could get it off.

Edit: 1 auto attack from ramuh is enough to remove the aura. Thunderspark doesn't seem to work. Physical, magic, or any of the other things we tried didn't seem to work on the regular lamia add though. may need to break the weapon to drop aura?
Edit 2: killing the main NM seems to force the Charm move to come out from the adds.

Were thinking you have to kill all 3 within 30 seconds. Get the main nm down to around 20-30% (super squishy) and get the 2 adds close to death. Then kill all 3 down before the main NM can resummon.
By Ruaumoko 2017-01-10 02:54:08
Link | Citer | R

Volt Strike absolutely flattens the Lamia.

Going to try optimize the setup for kill speed but it looks like SMN might be ruling the roost again this month. BLM might be do-able as well so will try that as well.
By Verda 2017-01-10 03:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Messed around solo in Normal, one Flan type mob no adds.
Most Flaming crush with no support did 9k to 16k. Volt strike about 11k to 15k, a few pred claws did 14k, except for this one oddity in the entire fight I can't explain:

[Goes] Special Attack ¨ Goes
[Ramuh] 55118 Volt Strike ¨ Goes

Maybe hitting it when it uses special attack? NO idea. On norm difficulty it just spams a few tp moves and uses T2 and T3 aoe. It also gets auras at some point, evasion down, def down, and slow. Magic bps did less to it than physical BPs which seemed odd for a flan.
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-01-10 03:19:37
Link | Citer | R

killing main nm caused both sub nms to spam charm so they will need to be killed close to each others time since main NM can resummon the sub nms.
 Phoenix.Jimie
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2017-01-10 03:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
Most Flaming crush with no support did 9k to 16k. Volt strike about 11k to 15k, a few pred claws did 14k, except for this one oddity in the entire fight I can't explain:

Maybe hitting it when it uses special attack? NO idea. On norm difficulty it just spams a few tp moves and uses T2 and T3 aoe. It also gets auras at some point, evasion down, def down, and slow. Magic bps did less to it than physical BPs which seemed odd for a flan.

When I started I was doing pred claws for 8k ish. I magic bursted wind blade twice and then my next 2 pred claws both 35-39k each.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-01-10 05:00:27
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »

at a point Goes will have a small set of spikes on its head, we noticed takes much less physical damage and more magical during that time.
edit: we just been going in and doing double darkness and mb'ing it down without any other concern thus far and no issues on VD. set up was pld cor drk (cdc>wf>quietus) blu blm rdm
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2017-01-10 06:25:08
Link | Citer | R

Good Morning!!!

Ambuscade Intense VD!!!

Charmga...!!! Hmmm... is there a way to avoid it? anyone figure it out yet? or is better to kite and Volt Strike?... Hmm Resummon...

Anyway... have a good day!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30