Ambuscade Findings

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Findings
Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 28 29 30
By Pantafernando 2016-12-17 11:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Is it reasonable to try to cleave the imps with like, BLM ajas or BST pets?
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-12-17 12:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Imps are resistant to magic damage and have a decent amount of hp. I wouldn't suggest cleaving them.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2016-12-17 12:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Can't cleave them. Went on WAR for a VD run day 1 to test that, and all Fell Cleaves would do full damage to my target, and a whopping 82-83 damage to every other imp.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-17 12:51:33
Link | Citer | R

what JA's are rangers using for this? (im not a ranger) Several seem like they could be appropriate. Also, bolts or bullets?
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-12-17 13:18:35
Link | Citer | R

I found your answer.
Odin.Godofgods said: »
what JA's are rangers using for this? (im not a ranger) Several seem like they could be appropriate. Also, bolts or bullets?
Here
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-17 13:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
I found your answer.
Here

Or, can give some real answers.

Chain Last Stand to Volt Strike. Will make light in either direction, and most times you'll get better skillchain damage letting the summoner close.

You're going to need at least 1250+ racc pre-food for VD intense. I sit at around 1400 racc in one set that I use for this event and was finally seeing accuracy numbers I was ok with- not happy, ok.

You DON'T need an Annihilator. Stop this nonsense, its a 6-8 minute fight. A good tank and big SC numbers to take out each imp and you'll crush each one before they come to you.

On the boss, Decoy Shot and Camouflague are great. Camo esp if you have JPs in it to increase your crit rate.

Sharpshot/Doubleshot obviously as they are up.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-17 13:41:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I found your answer.
Here

Chain Last Stand to Volt Strike. Will make light in either direction, and most times you'll get better skillchain damage letting the summoner close.

You're going to need at least 1250+ racc pre-food for VD intense. I sit at around 1400 racc in one set that I use for this event and was finally seeing accuracy numbers I was ok with- not happy, ok.

You DON'T need an Annihilator. Stop this nonsense, its a 6-8 minute fight. A good tank and big SC numbers to take out each imp and you'll crush each one before they come to you.

On the boss, Decoy Shot and Camouflague are great. Camo esp if you have JPs in it to increase your crit rate.

EDIT- and while I'm on a tirade on community forced setups, did 13k hallmarks in less than one hour in a PLD,WHM,SMN,GEO,RNG....BRD! on the first day of this. So don't exclude an extra support job because you think you need crazy damage. We did better with him on solid BRD than average RNG.
By Pantafernando 2016-12-17 13:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Im totally rusty with RNG, but i think you should keep Velocity Shot up fulltime, equip a gearset with the most snapshot you can gather, then use the RA, use a wait 1 then change to your tp set, that should have a good amount of racc and stp, then obviously use a ws set when youre using a ws, adding the proper mod stat to your set, plus stuffs like wsd.

Dont forget the relic head reforged as it gives extra tp everytime your recycle procs. The faster you get tp, the faster you can use ws so it will be higher your dps. Shoot slowly, gain little tp, take long time to use ws means your dps will be bad.

Barrage has long cooldown timer, but you should use when its up.

Then you can choose your subjob. Either /SAM if you need stp, or /WAR to use berserk.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-17 14:07:05
Link | Citer | R

yeah- velocity shot 100%. That's pretty much a standard in any RNG party dynamic. ie not solo.

Open w/ barrage so you're ready for a WS that the summoner can close with volt strike and take an imp out in the first 10 seconds.

Barrage>Last Stand>Volt Strike

And then your Barrage is probably back up by the time you're on the boss. That time do Camo>Barrage. Use Sharpshot before each barrage.

...did I really have to type that last sentence?
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
Serveur: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-17 14:21:37
Link | Citer | R

I found your answer.
Here

To add to this, I kept up and beat several rng on my cor using compensator Path: A, pushing out 18k+ last stand at only 100% tp and breaking 30k wearing meng +1 ambu gear at 300% tp

side note: think I called it contemplator in a previous post
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-17 14:27:14
Link | Citer | R

I was doing really well in damage on my job master COR .. I only have Vanir Gun, don't have HQ abjurations or well-augmented Reisenjima gear; just Ambuscade, Reforged and other accessories. Last Stands were doing over 20k, and I was using /rng for the extra accuracy and abilities.

Granted, I haven't had the chance to match myself against an Afterglow Job Master Ranger yet .. but with an average RNG I'm keeping up well and giving extra buffs in the process. I like the RNG/SMN/COR combination for DPS. Only issue is we struggle with VD as it takes a really good PLD (and a good healer) to hold 'em without dieing. Only had one tank capable of that so far, so we do Difficult or Normal (for quick kills) instead depending on who we have.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-17 14:45:46
Link | Citer | R

Thank you.

...did I really have to type that last sentence?
since iv never played rng before.. yes. And thanks for doing so!

Is a gun/bullet marksmenship or a crossbow/bolt marksmenship better for this?
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-17 14:50:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I was doing really well in damage on my job master COR .. I only have Vanir Gun, don't have HQ abjurations or well-augmented Reisenjima gear; just Ambuscade, Reforged and other accessories. Last Stands were doing over 20k, and I was using /rng for the extra accuracy and abilities.

Granted, I haven't had the chance to match myself against an Afterglow Job Master Ranger yet .. but with an average RNG I'm keeping up well and giving extra buffs in the process. I like the RNG/SMN/COR combination for DPS. Only issue is we struggle with VD as it takes a really good PLD (and a good healer) to hold 'em without dieing. Only had one tank capable of that so far, so we do Difficult or Normal (for quick kills) instead depending on who we have.

Yeah I am with you on the cor is solid without r/e/m/a this month, I am using pretty terrible gear on cor (wouldn't mind some input as I am not used to /ra fighting I normally melee/leaden salute, not really sure what I am doing with all that pre-shot stuff. Send me message though no need to clog the thread, please keep in mind I don't have much beyond jse reforge and ambu gear)

But so far these sets and /war have been great for me, and I don't even use /war JA until main nm, should switch to /rng for the acc though as I miss terribly on main. But smn seems to be the beast for main anyway.

preshot
ItemSet 348297
ranged
ItemSet 348298
last stand
ItemSet 348299

I am swapping the meghanda +1 for this mointh ambu for the crit rate on last stand

Edit: In fact I actually would enjoy the help on my sets if someone can go through it with me in messages, also I see someone posted after me, I have them blocked both here and in game so I can't see their stuff assuming the post was about/for me.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-17 14:58:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Thorva said: »
I am swapping the meghanda +1 for this mointh ambu for the crit rate on last stand

Last Stand doesn't crit...
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-17 15:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Like other WS that lack a critical hit label in their description, Last Stand can't crit. That said, Meghanda+1 is still one of the better options for Last Stand- so depending on what you switched from, it may be fine.

EDIT: or did you mean you were switching from Meghanda to Mummu? If so, that's not a great idea unless you're ratio capped.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-17 16:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Like other WS that lack a critical hit label in their description, Last Stand can't crit. That said, Meghanda+1 is still one of the better options for Last Stand- so depending on what you switched from, it may be fine.

EDIT: or did you mean you were switching from Meghanda to Mummu? If so, that's not a great idea unless you're ratio capped.

I was using Meghanda +1, I started swapping to Mummu for the crit, but as you say it doesn't crit, however it does have more agi in it, same r.attk, slightly lower r.acc. I kept the meghanda +1 hands for the wsdmg, will swap body when I unlock is, 2 more agi, 4 less r.acc but adds a little sTP for the hell of it.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-17 16:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Mummu only has the slightly higher AGI (and I suppose STP) going for it. Like the rest of the Mummu set, it doesn't have ranged attack. It also has lower strength, which nearly negates the AGI advantage.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-17 16:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Mummu only has the slightly higher AGI (and I suppose STP) going for it. Like the rest of the Mummu set, it doesn't have ranged attack. It also has lower strength, which nearly negates the AGI advantage.

Oh crap, I misread that, time to change it all back.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-17 17:21:20
Link | Citer | R

Check the RNG sticky for some interesting info on Last Stand and WSD%- Verda did some good testing and found that it does help that WS even though it is multihit, making meg. gloves+1 a great option for that WS.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-17 17:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I kept the gloves, I just swapped the head/legs/feet last night after a few runs, some reason I thought I read r. attk was on there as well.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-17 18:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Is a gun/bullet marksmenship or a crossbow/bolt marksmenship better for this?

also, can u use the preshot build in ranger thread in a standard macro or only through gear swap?

and for last stand, are you able to use a reg ws st for that, or do you need to stay in racc set given the acc needed on nm
By Pantafernando 2016-12-17 18:25:11
Link | Citer | R

You can save the pre shot set in equipset, then use
/equipset X
/ra <t> <wait 1>
/equipset Y

where X is the equipset for pre shot and Y for shotting.

Yes, you can miss your ws. Some ws get acc bonus on first hit but ws like last stand, with 2 hits, will require you to keep you acc reasonable.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-17 19:04:48
Link | Citer | R

Is non AG anni good enough for this or does it need to be AG?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-17 19:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Is non AG anni good enough for this or does it need to be AG?

Not sure if troll.

But you really don't need an RMEA 119-III for VD if the rest of your gear is good and you are smart about buffs. The Soulflyer has no notable defense and not much HP. Only the shield gimick is preventing people from totally raping it in seconds.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-17 19:50:41
Link | Citer | R

whats your acc set look like? Granted im not a rng and only throwing stuff together that i could get my hands on quickly, but im sitting at around 1200 racc. I dont see me squeezing all to much more out of it without spending some good time on it.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-17 20:21:48
Link | Citer | R

now I have to check my R.acc but with decent augs and macros I assume 1400 is doable with food and gear.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-12-17 22:18:29
Link | Citer | R

How do people deal with the imps on intense.

1. they always go for backline when pld aggroes
2. routinely lose hate and go and hit the healer
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-17 22:23:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
How do people deal with the imps on intense.

1. they always go for backline when pld aggroes
2. routinely lose hate and go and hit the healer

Sentinel.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-12-17 22:33:01
Link | Citer | R

sentinel should pull mobs off backline at the start? do pld pop it as he goes in ?
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-17 22:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
sentinel should pull mobs off backline at the start? do pld pop it as he goes in ?

Pld needs more than just that, sentinel will wear off before all the adds are dead. Consider /blu for AoE hate
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 28 29 30