~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 137 138 139
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-03-14 15:11:25
Link | Citer | R

Ha, who would have thought that a Defending Ring PLD would ever be called gimp. (Only half-joking, it still has tons of merit for midcast, but it definitely knocks vocane selection* down a peg, between these rings and Gelatinous).
Vocane inherits the legacy of Sattva

The whole package sounds very attractive, even not playing.

(As a note, PLDs in NQ Souv. or similar should probably be using at least one of the Dring)

Even more ouch at the HP loss @ SIRD/WS sets now, but who knows what Omen Relic/Empy might have on it (lol inb4 it overlaps with head, legs, feet).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-03-16 08:59:29
Link | Citer | R

Before moonstuff, it wasn't difficult to maintain 3k HP while tanking if not using SIRD (edit: and SIRD isn't needed when single-target tanking or sometimes tanking a few with Ochain).

3300 or more should be viable now.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-03-16 10:43:00
Link | Citer | R

Ehh, depends on how bad you wanna screw your fastcast set.

My high HP fastcast only has like 60% FC while maintaining 3k HP(With food, iirc)

one moon ring will be pure hp gain over meridian ring, so 20 more HP for HQ? but using the second ring would cost me 4% FC, and using the back would eat 10 FC. The back does have a ton of HP on it, but making up 10 fastcast in other slots isn't easy.

I'm looking over my current sets, but I'm not seeing any way to significantly benefit from these new pieces in a high HP FC set. And the FC set is what's going to bottleneck the HP for all casts.

Maybe I'm just not seeing the key swap that would make this more useful. But going from my current High HP FC set, the cape just doesn't look that useful.
ItemSet 349261
D path Souveran/Carmine

Now, I do see a bit more use for this stuff in High HP midcast, and idle/hybrid sets. But since I'm not really looking to push HP much higher than 3k~, I'd have to look at where I could drop HP+ and what I could get instead.

Possibly some application for cure cheats as well, but the lack of enmity+ hurts moon gear there. And I think I already had more HP gap than I could fill in my current cure cheat.

Moonlight necklace(HQ).. does want. Straight up +5 more enmity than current neck, and 15% spell interruption rate down. The SIRD would let me drop Eschite hands or feet in SIRD set, regaining HP/enmity or whatever other potency the spell in question needed. And since it's also got the highest enmity+ on it, there's no enmity loss on that slot when using SIRD to spam enmity spells. Nice. The issue being that only the HQ is significantly useful and my god it's probably going to cost a ton. -.-;
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-03-16 13:07:49
Link | Citer | R

You and I talked about FC a page or two ago. Yeah you don't get to have it all but reasonable sets can definitely be made.

I do agree that it would be nice to see Enmity, FC (or even less-desirably SIRD) 10 on the cape. The cape has potential for an hp-filler for certain midcast so you can arrange other gear but it puts Ambu cape in the situation that most gear was in when compared to Souveran. Might be attractive, but dramatically less hp so really not useful.

I'm sure your curecheat was (well, obviously you optimized it so it wasn't) more than what you could fill, I know because mine was if I wanted it to be, but of course you use precast to optimize that.
 Asura.Azagarth
Serveur: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-17 01:31:38
Link | Citer | R

I figured tanks would know better than anyone else. Whats the proc on shadow ring and archon ring, archon cape and shadow mantle, and do they stack (rings)? I am at capped -dt and could easily replace both spots and still be on a few jobs, So id like to use these in my petrified/terrored sets.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-17 02:20:17
Link | Citer | R

Shadow Ring/Mantle values are listed on their BG page.

I don't think any testing has been done on Archon Ring/Mantle due to there being no easy way to gather up hundreds-thousands of samples and they would rarely be useful even if the proc rate was high anyway since you generally utilize enough buffs to not be taking >90% HP damage from attacks. If someone wanted, though, easiest way I can think of gathering Archon Ring data would be aggroing/reaggroing Long-Barreled Chariot in Abyssea-Altepa since he always uses Homing Missile upon aggro.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-17 02:24:23
Link | Citer | R

JP wiki has data from official guides that state that both archon pieces are 12% proc rates
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-03-17 07:13:25
Link | Citer | R

did jp wiki also have the proc requirements? meaning what % of hp dmg do you have to take for it to have a chance to proc?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-17 07:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Says damage greater than 85% of your max HP
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-03-17 07:34:05
Link | Citer | R

Thanks.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-17 12:40:02
Link | Citer | R

thanks for the help, so sounds like archon stuff is pretty useless but both shadow are very nice if you can cap w/o those slotts.
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-04-11 15:48:16
Link | Citer | R

I got a thing. Now on to the hell that is magian trials. Gonna try out the AE method Martel mentioned in another thread and hopefully speed through this process.
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-04-11 16:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Grats! Those trials suck a lot, especially the killshot one as atonement is horribad but the final result is awesome
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2017-04-11 19:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kensetobyakara said: »
I got a thing. Now on to the hell that is magian trials. Gonna try out the AE method Martel mentioned in another thread and hopefully speed through this process.

My advice to you coming from someone who recently did trials, dont do AE method lol you will hate life. even fully naked just from job points and merits i evaded 99% of the time and it took me longer to do it AE method than what i ended up doing. if i had to do it all over again i would stay away from mass pulling.

What i did was single target mobs with DD atmas, and when mob was low hp then i would do atonement for the kill. for skeletons i went to escha qufim and did skels there just the ones near dragon as they are warrior types not casters. others i did in abyssea, but i repeat do not cleave its so not worth the headache lol.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-11 19:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Burtgang trials were oh so painful. God it was terrible
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-11 19:16:55
Link | Citer | R

Had my friend do them with me, other ppl doing WS kills with you instantly cuts the work in 1/2, and if they have a 119 version already they can get much higher damage and do them faster with am3 up etc. So maybe worth the extra attempt to get help for those trials.
[+]
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-04-11 21:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Colonelace said: »
My advice to you coming from someone who recently did trials, dont do AE method lol you will hate life. even fully naked just from job points and merits i evaded 99% of the time and it took me longer to do it AE method than what i ended up doing. if i had to do it all over again i would stay away from mass pulling.

What i did was single target mobs with DD atmas, and when mob was low hp then i would do atonement for the kill. for skeletons i went to escha qufim and did skels there just the ones near dragon as they are warrior types not casters. others i did in abyssea, but i repeat do not cleave its so not worth the headache lol.

Tried cleaving before I read this...and yup...even naked I just evaded everything, even with a mass group of mobs. I ended up doing about what you mentioned, except went DW with regain/DD atma and that seems to work. Still painful, but slightly less painful lol.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-04-11 23:09:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure which of my posts you referenced, but I'm pretty sure I'd have mentioned evasion as a potential issue. Wasn't much of one for me cause I did this pre-Job points(+22 eva) and I have an eva-/shield mastery set for exactly that issue.

Also, since this is abbyssea, straight up killing a few pulls of mobs can level up the repops, improving their acc.
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-04-11 23:15:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'm not sure which of my posts you referenced, but I'm pretty sure I'd have mentioned evasion as a potential issue. Wasn't much of one for me cause I did this pre-Job points(+22 eva) and I have an eva-/shield mastery set for exactly that issue.

Also, since this is abbyssea, straight up killing a few pulls of mobs can level up the repops, improving their acc.

You did mention it in the Burtgang trials thread. I just didn't expect the evasion issue to be quite as pronounced. Might have to see if I have any -eva gear hiding in the abyssal nightmare that is my storage.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-04-12 08:23:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Also, since this is abyssea, straight up killing a few pulls of mobs can level up the repops, improving their acc.

Konchstat is painful no matter how you slice it. The only nice part about PLD trials is the mobs are in kinda groups. Amorphs, for instance, include puddings and slimes which are next to each other. Undead includes wolves and skeletons which are next to each other.

I did this PLD/BLM post job points in a 99-0 set of gear I had on storage slips but... the gold set from VW (oh, Ogier's!) and just had no issue. I used Sea Daughter/Voracious Violet/MM (regain 50, regain 20, refresh 10--in case it's been a while)

Keeping phalanx up, mostly to reduce any enmity loss), I was AOEing down. You don't get a lot of resists and things will come down at a similar rate. I was probably midcasting aoes in ilvl stuff as well just for the bonuses to int/m.acc.

I did have whatever WSD gear I could put together for using atonement (since that 1% difference can be the difference between getting the kill and needing another point.

In attowha, if you're at skeles/dogs, you can pull that dog NM when he's up and main-target him. If you're using gearswap, you can ws without being engaged. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

/ws "Atonement" <stnpc> is your friend.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-12 08:52:52
Link | Citer | R

I did the Chigoes in Abys-Attowaha, could pull like 20 at a time and they had low HP so it didnt take long to chip them down to atonement kill range
By Blazed1979 2017-04-12 09:43:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Colonelace said: »
Asura.Kensetobyakara said: »

somewhere in this thread or the previous pld guide I posted how I took burt to AG in 1 day.

Long story short
-RDM friend AOE nukes everything down to 10-20% HP in Abyssea
-Have Regain Atmas
-Pop brew
-Cure 1 friend, Sentinel/Rampart/warcry in that order
-Atonement dmg will be capped

Find out how many aoe's your friend needs to cast to bring all the mobs down to the right HP%. Takes about 10 minutes to figure this out.

If memory is right I was getting 20-28 kills per brew. The only downtime you will notice is JA cooldowns. That includes running to NPC to grab new brew, back to camp, while friend has started on next pull.

The brew is for the regain. None stop atonement.

Also, if you want to really burn through this - another burtgang spamming atonements with you is brilliant.
His kill count counts towards your trial.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2017-04-12 10:19:30
Link | Citer | R

I did excal trials in 2 days, no need for brews or other people. Just get TP/multihit atmas, healer/buff trusts and go.
Pull entire camps, you will have max tp all the time due to atmas and shield, and just melee. When your target gets to 50%, WS is dead, autotarget the next and repeat. It only takes forever if you target 1 enemy at a time. Also, with 1 minute respawns, going back to the entrance to get a new brew seems like a terrible waste of time.
By Blazed1979 2017-04-12 10:22:01
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
I did excal trials in 2 days, no need for brews or other people. Just get TP/multihit atmas, healer/buff trusts and go.
Pull entire camps, you will have max tp all the time due to atmas and shield, and just melee. When your target gets to 50%, WS is dead, autotarget the next and repeat. It only takes forever if you target 1 enemy at a time. Also, with 1 minute respawns, going back to the entrance to get a new brew seems like a terrible waste of time.
Yeah, we're talking about Atonement.
Not KOR.
there's a slight difference.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2017-04-12 10:28:50
Link | Citer | R

I know you're talking about Atonement, but I don't see why the strategy should be so different. If you do less damage than KoR, then melee the enemy to 15% rather than 50%. That's only about 5 more seconds of melee anyways.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-12 10:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget Holy Circle for undead. One of the biggest boost to atonement dmg you can do there
 Leviathan.Frotaut
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2017-04-12 11:40:32
Link | Citer | R

I literally just did these trial. I was able to easily do everything up to farming tinnin x3 in a few hours. No trusts nrews or nonsense. Didnt use atmas cause one random crit would kill yhe mob when hp was low enough to atonement. 18% was the max i could kill shot at. Maybe about 30 secs or so a mob? Its boring and tiresome, i just threw on a movie and burned through it.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-04-12 11:51:31
Link | Citer | R

I know you're talking about Atonement, but I don't see why the strategy should be so different. If you do less damage than KoR, then melee the enemy to 15% rather than 50%. That's only about 5 more seconds of melee anyways.

Because nothing modifies Atonement's damage aside from Enmity and WSD gear (but not torque/belt). Before WSD, the cap is weapon level/ilvl x 10.

And yeah, it's only a few more seconds of melee but it's a few more seconds per mob, excluding the occasions where you accidentally kill it with melee.

TL;DR: Atonement's damage is crap and makes the trials annoying.

Every PLD wishes they'd buff it. At least when it came out, 750 was a good WS for a tank, especially against things a tank was going to miss with any other WS.
By Blazed1979 2017-04-12 12:05:16
Link | Citer | R

I've tried that strat. Realistically your 75 Burtgang is going to take a lot more than 5 more seconds to knock them down from 100-10/15%.

Burtgang trials are in a league of their own. Unless you've done them you really do not know the pain that they can be unless you've got some kind of strat to exploit everything you can in game to speed them away.

Thank God I'm done with them.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 137 138 139