~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 137 138 139
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2017-04-12 16:27:04
Link | Citer | R

you can dual wield a ilvl weapon for atonement trials, you don't even need burtgang in mainhand as you can use atonement with other weapons.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-04-13 12:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kenshi said: »
you can dual wield a ilvl weapon for atonement trials, you don't even need burtgang in mainhand as you can use atonement with other weapons.
True and that's a better option but its still slower than the strat me,Dani and Phuoc used for my trials.
We can put it to the test if you want. You come with your i119 AG burtgang and me with a Lv.75 sword - you use your strat and I'll use mine. I'll be through 20 mobs by the time you're through 5.

You see the problem with your strat is that you will often kill your targets before you get a ws off.

Our strat brings 20-30 mobs down to 10-15% HP, lines them up and sleeps them. You're literally one shotting atonement a mob every 2-3 seconds.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2017-04-13 12:32:34
Link | Citer | R

But you are using the time of 2 more ppl, to compare both you should x3 the result you obtain solo.
By Blazed1979 2017-04-13 12:48:35
Link | Citer | R

But you are using the time of 2 more ppl, to compare both you should x3 the result you obtain solo.
Phuoc only came to offer moral support (Burtgang trials require it lol)
Also the argument is what is the fastest way to achieve the goal, not what the most efficient use of one's time is. Helping others rarely is considered an efficient use of one's own time anyways.

Also, less efficient than the original strat I used but still more efficient than yours, you could sub BLM and Aoe nuke things down solo to 10-15% HP -> SleepgaII.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2017-04-13 13:01:45
Link | Citer | R

I still have some doubts, you are nuking with a lvl 49 skill. Also if the argument is whats the fastest then obviously 18 ppl.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-04-13 13:46:51
Link | Citer | R

I still have some doubts, you are nuking with a lvl 49 skill. Also if the argument is whats the fastest then obviously 18 ppl.
Yeah I think the case is closed at this point - slight difference between getting a friend to help (very feasible) and getting 18 people to help (do 18 people even exist today?)

If people want a fast way to go through Burtgang trials, its been provided.

No more ***-for-tat responses,you're welcome to those of you who benefited.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-04-13 13:52:27
Link | Citer | R

Skill's irrelevant when you're capped on magic accuracy regardless due to ilvl magic accuracy skill and high INT.
 Asura.Toralin
Serveur: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-13 13:59:27
Link | Citer | R

WSing for DMG in Omen people using CDC or Savage?
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2017-04-13 14:17:26
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Skill's irrelevant when you're capped on magic accuracy regardless due to ilvl magic accuracy skill and high INT.

Yea but take into account you are not using a ilvl weapon, so not getting the magic accuracy they give.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-04-13 14:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Who says you wouldn't be?
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2017-04-13 14:37:03
Link | Citer | R

you are doing the trials for burtgang so need it equipped, I guess you could always use a ilvl weapon and then change to burtgang, but anyway using trust you can drop the hp of an abyssea mob in secs meleeing, the difference is not that big.
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-04-15 16:10:39
Link | Citer | R

Anybody knows if "Change of successful block" stat is absolute or relative? I got a DM augment for +9 on Odyssean Helm and already have:
  • +3 off Rudianos's Mantle

• +3 off Souveran Schuhs +1

• +2 off Thureous Earring

That gives me a total of 17 and if it's absolute it's pretty huge for lol-blockrate Aegis.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-04-15 16:21:27
Link | Citer | R

It's absolute but it's factored in after Reprisal.
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-04-15 16:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
It's absolute but it's factored in after Reprisal.
Really? So if I have 50% block rate, reprisal will bring it to 75% and my gear would give 92%? From this previous post it seems that non-Ochain can't reach 100% but get pretty close to it (Priwen getting to like 95% under reprisal) so I may save the head (was going for phalanx) and see if I get something similar on legs and play around.

[Edit] I now understand better why you said after Reprisal after checking this. If I have 5% block rate reprisal will bring it to only 7.5% and then add my 17% compared to making (5+17)*1.5
By clearlyamule 2017-04-15 19:24:38
Link | Citer | R

I also seem to remember that Martel did some testing that showed it was added before block rate floors were calculated so for non ilvl/ochains it might add even less block rate than advertised
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-15 19:39:50
Link | Citer | R

So, is there a magic number figured per shield of any merit of how much + block rate is needed to reach 100%? would +10/20/30/40 ect be needed and only asking Prior to reprisal.
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-04-15 21:42:01
Link | Citer | R

If Martel tests are still valid and you consider Aegis(as you will use it most of the times), you will have 10% or less base block rate on anything endgame (reisen t4/omen) so even reprisal won't do much (extra 5%). You would need like 80 block rate to cap (think non-ochain caps at 95% or something) so even with shield skill and block rate stat, good luck reaching that.

If only they added shield skill on aegis to be comparable to 119 options it would be much better (+112 skill as Ajax would mean an extra 24% block rate more than tripling current one) but don't see that happening /cry
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-15 22:39:01
Link | Citer | R

So with the Srivatsa 119 + skill of 129 then what would I need to reach the 100% mark (even if 95% is closest to obtain for anything that isnt Ochain)
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-04-15 23:27:24
Link | Citer | R

According to JP testing on Apex crabs (link) , it offers a block rate around 40% vs ochain 70% on same mob. Meaning you'd need over 50 block rate between shield skill and block rate stat or over 30 with reprisal to get to cap. I honestly don't see the benefit of that shield for tanking compared to ochain amazing base rate
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-15 23:47:27
Link | Citer | R

I used it on a few mobs in Omen and was no diff than Ochain from my eyeballing. as far as the damage I took yes 10~15 with chain vs 30~35 with aeonic. but its a good shield 119 lvl and I replaced Ochain as a whole for now. once i get back to the Killer Mandi HELM I'll try it again
By clearlyamule 2017-04-16 01:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
According to JP testing on Apex crabs (link) , it offers a block rate around 40% vs ochain 70% on same mob. Meaning you'd need over 50 block rate between shield skill and block rate stat or over 30 with reprisal to get to cap. I honestly don't see the benefit of that shield for tanking compared to ochain amazing base rate
Well if you could get as high a block rate the benefit would be a decently higher dmg reduction. To the point where with some shield def boost could theoretically give blocks 100% dmg reduction so no tp for mobs. But reprisal being factored before the stat really kind of killed that and if it wasn't you pretty much needed DM augs on anything you'd actually want a tank for
 Asura.Aviagalka
user: Aviagalka
By Asura.Aviagalka 2017-04-20 17:15:35
Link | Citer | R

I'm just starting to get into seriously gearing Paladin and I was wondering if the +1 Souveran armor set was the way to go? Or a mix of that and af gear?
By FaeQueenCory 2017-04-20 18:08:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aviagalka said: »
I'm just starting to get into seriously gearing Paladin and I was wondering if the +1 Souveran armor set was the way to go? Or a mix of that and af gear?
It's not the absolute best in every slot.... but it's basically the best in every slot.

Special notes on the head and the legs:

Head: BiS. Period. Sure you can get DT and enmity and whatnot from other pieces... but it's the only iLv piece with "reverse Store TP" on it. And on WHM (and on PLD too), I've seen the massive difference that one piece has when in PUGs with PLDs using it and not. It seriously cuts enemy move use by a substantial amount.

Legs: There's so many options here... But if you don't have a Burtgang, you better be using them empy pants. Burtgang lets you forego the empy pants as you'll have that effect already in it... but that extra retention of enmity can be the key difference in you being able to keep hate off of your DDs.
Or at least that's what I've seen in others and experienced in myself.
But there's a bunch of legs options. If you can make Sulevia work, their TA+4% can be good for your DPS... such as it is. And it doesn't depreciate your AM3 if you're using Burtgang. But Souveran+1's enmity and everything else makes it near-BiS if not outright so. (It all really depends on all your other gear.)

And even if there is something else better than a Souveran+1 piece, as hard pressed as I am to think of what that is, each piece offers you some other utility to it so that having it is still worth the investment.
[+]
 Asura.Aviagalka
user: Aviagalka
By Asura.Aviagalka 2017-04-20 18:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Augment c then for all 5? Or that also kinda depend on your other gear?
By FaeQueenCory 2017-04-20 18:25:43
Link | Citer | R

Depends on all your other gear. And the path Ds of each Souveran piece.

As well as your personal tastes (I like path D for the body, as it already has large enmity and I like having that refresh.) Though path C is generally the go to for each.

Just be sure to hit your -50%PDT and -50%MDT.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-04-20 19:50:52
Link | Citer | R

I do path D for head and hands, and path C for body/legs/feet.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-24 10:17:03
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone go for more than 358 enhancing skill on Phalanx
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-04-24 12:08:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I do path D for head and hands, and path C for body/legs/feet.

^ Path D's aug is tanky for head and since cure-received-potency caps at 30%, even having 4 pieces of NQ allows you to cap in nearly any midcast/engaged/idle set you want to be.

As for refresh, there are other refresh bodies and PLD mp just isn't bad unless aspir spam.

Asura.Toralin said: »
Does anyone go for more than 358 enhancing skill on Phalanx

Not deliberately. Between Phalanx+ gear, maintaining good HP (so you lose the least while casting, and maintaining good -DT so you don't get walloped while trying to cast, there's not a lot of room left

F = 28 + Floor( (Enhancing Magic Skill - 300.5) / 28.5) means you're 0.5/28 (effectively 0,of course) into the next point of damage reduction so there's not even one single piece that is gonna give that to you
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-24 13:27:05
Link | Citer | R

-Damage Skill Level increase
-28 300 ---
-29 329 +29
-30 358 +29
-31 386 +28
-32 415 +29
-? 443 +28
-34 472 +29
-? 500 +28

I thought 358 got me to -30?
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-04-25 02:20:28
Link | Citer | R

It does give another point, you asked if anyone goes above 358 for anything. You could give up a spot to enhancing earring or torque, since there's no good HP necks.

If you don't have phalanx+ aug'd legs, Rev Breeches +1~+3 are an option til you get phalanx-augmented legs. Also get phalanx-augmented legs lol.

I'm not sure if a cap on Phalanx has ever been discovered.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 137 138 139