Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 156 157 158
By Afania 2016-09-21 01:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Darksouls said: »
Afania said: »
Asura.Blittzjr said: »
Anyone have an updated Savage Blade set?

This is mine
ItemSet 326290

Missing suzaku ring, ambu backpiece has STR attk acc wsd. Herc augment is str attk acc wsd.

I built it before ambu set came out so I'm unsure if high attack on ambu set beats high wsd on herc, maybe time to check spreadsheet about it.....
Hi afania, may I know is there any special reason that you use rawhid boots over Aug Herculean boots? Thanks!~

No other special reason asides from same old "I can't get good augment" on herc because the base stat of herc is kinda low. Rawhide has 18(+10) str 18 mnd, if not considering massive attack from ambuscade feet I think it's better than other alternatives that I can think of unless carmine hq beats it.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-23 08:14:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Anyone have a recent copy of the COR DPS Spreadhseet ? Looked a few pages back and didn't see one. Last one I got from Afania was in June and its missing a lot of gear. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply, with the help from awesome Sudox of Ragnarok, I have another one with ambuscade gears and new pdif cap, and AG empy AM, and some weird mythic glitches. Your old link doesn't work probably because I removed it after uploaded another one.

But I haven't check to make sure they are working properly yet....cor guide on bg wiki and rl kinda distracts me....unless you could help me with the spreadsheet stuff =p

Thank you for your patience.
So I guess my reply didn't go through last time and I didn't notice... I'm sorry I don't have time to work on the spread sheet between adding features to BG Wiki(I think I am only one adding features at this point) though Fae and Spicy are adding/changing other content a ton, to help others (way more then my features help)!!!!!! and working on my own ffxi related stuff I been working on.

But I wouldn't mind if you sent me a copy of the one you been working on(pm link)! I could point out mistakes and such. Also I need to yell at Spicy for getting you to do COR Guide now!!! Spreadsheet > BG Wiki Guide(Your guide is great!) :P Alright I'm a little bias on that since I don't need a guide as much as I need to be able to plug in values for high tier content.
 Lakshmi.Ipsen
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Tyrael
By Lakshmi.Ipsen 2016-09-23 15:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Anyone using a STP build? If so for which gun. Thanks.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-09-23 16:28:02
Link | Citer | R

I mostly just use marked gorget 2 enervating and teles for another 9
Aeonic gun 10 and Adhemner kecks for another 7. Havnt gotten around to makeing a 10 stp ranged cor cape yet. You get 60 (70 if supercharged) stp i think from a 11 sam roll anyway and thats not counting a crooked sams. I tend to see alot of 400-500 tp returns with laststand so im alrdy 2-3 hitting like this.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-09-23 16:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cicion said: »
I mostly just use marked gorget 2 enervating and teles for another 9
Aeonic gun 10 and Adhemner kecks for another 7. Havnt gotten around to makeing a 10 stp ranged cor cape yet. You get 60 (70 if supercharged) stp i think from a 11 sam roll anyway and thats not counting a crooked sams. I tend to see alot of 400-500 tp returns with laststand so im alrdy 2-3 hitting like this.

False. I take it all back I love cici
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-23 17:20:41
Link | Citer | R

yemaya belt is a very good waist option for STP and racc. Path C adhemar wristbands are also quite good for STP and racc. If you can get decent augs on a herculean vest you can also get a lot of mileage out of the extra 3 STP and 3 crit rate. rajas ring and petrov ring are great for low racc situations, as well as carmine greaves +1. Going above an x-hit is not a bad idea by any means if you're using WSs that scale with TP, such as Last Stand and Leaden.
[+]
By Verda 2016-09-23 18:18:37
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to also mention Adhemar Kecks are one of the best ranged acc + STP options you can find.
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2016-09-24 00:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Pixie hairpin +1 or Herc helm for LS?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-24 00:13:04
Link | Citer | R

Pixie for Leaden. Dark affinity is enormous for it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-09-24 12:17:43
Link | Citer | R

Reminder for newer COR that you can stack the 1-5 Snapshot from Leaftip and Dusktip ontop of each other. Just built these two pieces:

I call it the "noone loves me enough to give me Flurry" set.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ipsen
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Tyrael
By Lakshmi.Ipsen 2016-09-24 15:10:22
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 346483
While this gives me a 4-hit build, it is not a true 4-hit bc of the low tp return on Leaden. Other suggestions welcome.

Holliday: Racc+12 Ratt+20 MAB+25
Pursuer's Beret: B15
Herculean Vest: AGI+7 Racc+33 Ratt+39
Adhemar Wristbands: C15
Camulus's Mantle: AGI30 Racc+20 Ratt+20 STP+10
Adhemar Kecks: C15
Adhemar Gamashes: D15
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-09-26 12:24:34
Link | Citer | R

First and foremost, the guide is great - but I was curious about the AF for it.

One of my Aeonic groups recommend that I level COR for a few fights where blm and melee are worthless.. so I was curious if anyone could give me a quick rundown on what AF pieces I should get and a brief explanation of what they can do.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-26 12:28:17
Link | Citer | R

Spicy.Dice said:
I wouldn't say melee are worthless. All the Reisen HELMs can be meleed down. Just waiting for people to catch on that it is better to melee Teles for 5-10 minutes instead of 20 minute mage fests.

You certainly want the empy hands (roll duration) and feet most importantly (boosts magic damage with QD).

The Relic legs are useful for snake eye and the feet for wildcard.

The empy body enhances tacticians roll, as do other pieces for lesser/never used rolls (b-b-b-blitzers!).

They are all just important macro pieces. Some hold you over until better gear.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-26 12:59:53
Link | Citer | R

Relic hat for rolls potency, relic body for random deal efficacy were forgotten by Paprika-san.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-26 13:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Relic hat for rolls potency, relic body for random deal efficacy were forgotten by Paprika-san.

Paprika-san said:
WRITING IN CHINESE LEAVE ME ALONE!

Thanks for adding to them, *pause*

I can't use the nickname I just though of.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-26 14:26:23
Link | Citer | R

I would argue that empy hands for roll duration, relic legs for snake eye, relic feet for wildcard and relic head IIRC for more roll duration are the most important roll pieces from relic/af/empy sets because first off long rolls are good for crooked card potency and the legs are seriously awesome for snake eye when you have several merits in it (each merit is 10% chance to reset snake eye when using snake eye) and the feet nearly eliminate rolling a 1 or 2 on wildcard because when you roll wildcard with them if you land on a 1 or 2 it automatically does an unseen re-roll one time in hopes of a better outcome and relic head IIRC adds duration based on how many merits in winning streak.

FYI on the snake eye pants, I have on several occasions used snake eye 3 times in a row on a single roll lol.
By tyalangan 2016-09-28 13:20:21
Link | Citer | R

Saw some Youtube videos by Shadowmistress and noticed the player's TP gain was incredible. Is everyone here getting consistent 2-3 second WSs? I noticed one of the videos the player did not mention using DW/STP/DA rolls (mentioned using Magic Defense rolls) and was still getting incredibly fast WSs.

I also have a RDM that has access to Temper II with maxed DW and that character doesn't even get TP as fast as I saw that COR get TP.

Is there something I am missing? I am not close to getting consistent self-skillchains and have max DW for fetting/atoyac.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 13:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Yeah can easily make back to back weapon skills between store tp and multihit weaps. I use sam roll whenever I can and if haste and acc are capped I can get superspammy(which D doesn't appreciate sometimes!)
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 13:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Are you overcapping DW? What are your STP and TA values? Also, are you accuracy capped? A lot of factors play into TP phase efficiency.
By Afania 2016-09-28 13:45:48
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
Saw some Youtube videos by Shadowmistress and noticed the player's TP gain was incredible. Is everyone here getting consistent 2-3 second WSs? I noticed one of the videos the player did not mention using DW/STP/DA rolls (mentioned using Magic Defense rolls) and was still getting incredibly fast WSs.

I also have a RDM that has access to Temper II with maxed DW and that character doesn't even get TP as fast as I saw that COR get TP.

Is there something I am missing? I am not close to getting consistent self-skillchains and have max DW for fetting/atoyac.

The short answer is cor just has way better melee gears. My cor tp set has like 21% TA plus tons of da, qa and stp, and mine isn't even HQ.

My RDM has like 4% ta in melee set and Im having hard time getting more.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lemuel
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tyalangan
By Cerberus.Lemuel 2016-09-28 13:47:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm solo so the best I could get is haste II from a trust and Ulmia march if I can afford to use her in battle (maybe I'm forced to in order to get the numbers I want)

I think I'm actually 1 DW away (29/30) from my max 80%. STP30, TA6. ACC capped.

This Youtuber was solo so the Haste values must be the same as mine. So, maybe I just need more TA (as Afania mentioned @ 20+) from Adhemar. Not sure. I'm in Taeon + carmine legs now.
By Afania 2016-09-28 13:57:30
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »

Also just want to point out temper II potency increase with better enhancing set, so if your enhancing set is strong you can gain more attack round.

Alternatively the best way is to post on rdm forum and ask for tp set advice.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 13:58:31
Link | Citer | R

On your COR? You'll need some Herculean, too. Carmine legs should be dropped in favor of max aug Samnuha Tights outside of extreme accuracy situations. Herculean hands and feet can both get up to 6 TA total on them.

Unfortunately, Taeon is just extremely behind for gear these days. If you're watching somebody soloing content on COR, it's very likely they have up-to-date and well-augmented gear. If you can get similar sets, you'll be a lot better off.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lemuel
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tyalangan
By Cerberus.Lemuel 2016-09-28 14:10:01
Link | Citer | R

@Afania Yes, aware of Temper. That was just an example. Truly I am curious about COR but maybe what Oraen suggested is where my issue lies.

@Oraen I have been giving accuracy and DW priority over TA/DA/STP when given the opportunity so maybe my issue is the example of Samnuha. 3TA/3DA/7STP > DW6 + ACC. I am so afraid of not hitting cap on ALL content I face that I am sure I have overloaded on ACC and need to tighten my ACC especially now with the -eva to mobs.

Thank you all for the suggestions and tips. I'll tweak my gear towards attacking more and worry less about accuracy until it becomes an issue if it ever does anymore after the adjustments to mob evasion.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 14:23:14
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, overloading on accuracy is going to hurt you a lot. If you only need 1100 but you're at 1200, you're sacrificing a lot that you don't need to.

For COR/NIN, you'll need ~31% DW in gear (~56% total) to cap delay reduction with just Haste 2. My suggestions would be:

Adhemar jacket (5)
Eabani/Suppa (9)
Shetal Stone (6) reiki yotai is the end goal for waist for DW needs, but that's by no means an easy acquisition

You'll need 11% more after that. I would actually suggest a DW Ambuscape in this situation. You'll lose the 10 DA or STP, but that allows you to have no DW Herculean pieces and instead get a max of 8 TA from augments.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-28 14:23:36
Link | Citer | R

another thing to consider is Roll potency gear, if you are not using the potency ring (betiratia or somthing) Sam roll can be condiserably lower, IIRC crooked card + Sam bonus on Sam roll with the ring comes to like 90 STP on an 11 roll.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 14:28:05
Link | Citer | R

I think the highest you can hit with a crooked 11 SAM roll with the job bonus is 86, which is still absolutely ridiculous.
By Afania 2016-09-28 14:42:06
Link | Citer | R

How come everyone and their mother all use crooked card on SAM roll instead of chaos? Even when not rolling with bolstered Idris frailty.

According to spreadsheet crooked sam doesn't really beat crooked chaos unless your pdif is really capped.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-09-28 14:51:42
Link | Citer | R

How come everyone and their mother all use crooked card on SAM roll instead of chaos? Even when not rolling with bolstered Idris frailty.

According to spreadsheet crooked sam doesn't really beat crooked chaos unless your pdif is really capped.

They like the idea that wsing slightly faster means they're doing more damage.
By Afania 2016-09-28 15:05:58
Link | Citer | R

Nocki said: »

They like the idea that wsing slightly faster means they're doing more damage.

I think the issue is that even at no.11 crooked on sam only gives 14 more stp according to bg wikis numbers, if you rolled a mediocre number such as no.8 or 9 it only gives 8 more stp. Idk if 8 stp can shave one hit off on every weapon type.

Crooked chaos roll at No.11 is 11% more attack boost than none crooked 11, that's like 100 attack which is a lot. Even at lower numbers it's still consistent dps increase regardless of weapon type or hit build.

I would take 100 more attack over 14 stp, personally. Everytime when I see cor crooked on sam instead of chaos I just want to yell "stop!", but I guess that's because Im on lolDDRUN and *** resolution attack penalty.
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 156 157 158