lolDDRUN

But DD RUN wins the parse ???!?!!
 Sylph.Dravidian
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-28 15:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Because exactly what you mentioned..................... bolstered Idris frailty.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 15:28:55
Link | Citer | R

I use crooked on SAM only when I'm running with Idris fury/frailty. Otherwise, crooked goes on Chaos. But if you're capping ratio, I'll gladly take some higher STP.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-28 15:32:37
Link | Citer | R

why CC just one roll when you can wildcard and do both? assuming WC is not needed for your run.
By Afania 2016-09-28 15:56:52
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Because exactly what you mentioned..................... bolstered Idris frailty.

But people crooked on sam without bolster frailty all the time =S

Nocki said: »
Afania said: »

lolDDRUN

But DD RUN wins the parse ???!?!!

Get me a lionheart then!

Shiva.Eightball said: »
why CC just one roll when you can wildcard and do both? assuming WC is not needed for your run.

Technically you can CC on both if you random deal right after the 1st one(which you should), but there's always a chance of random deal not resetting CC so Chaos should be prioritized.

It's not possible to wc on every single run, Im not talking about hard fights like master trial or T4, I'm talking about repeated fights which is still not gonna be pdif capped without bolster.

Almost every single htbc and ambu vd that I've been to cor crooked on sam with nq geo in pt. I'm very certain pdif isn't capped in such situations and I have no idea why people like to do that...
[+]
By Taffy 2016-09-28 16:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Hi Guys,
Looking for some Leaden info. Below is the set I currently use (or what I will be once completing a few augments) - I'm pretty close to that set atm but can't pull the numbers I've seen on Leaden from some of the other posts. What am I missing? Is WSD not the best priority over MAB for Leaden? Someone already mentioned changing the bullet so I will do that. Any advice appreciated!

Set is:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/346588
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 16:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Unless you're firing at 3k, TP bonus Moonshade is irreplaceable for Leaden. Drop Crematio for it. Drop resonance for either Garuda +1 or Arvina +1. Fotia Gorget and belt don't add all that much to Leaden. Sanctity Necklase and either Sveltesse Gouriz +1 or Eschan Stone will be improvements. If you're getting Voidstorm or it's darkday, Obi is 100% irreplaceable.

What are your augs like on Herculean? Depending on values, Carmine finger gauntlets +1 may be better than your Herculean gloves.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-28 16:13:28
Link | Citer | R

drop resonance ring get a Garuda or arvina+1 , done use either fotia pieces use MAB or sea weather/day belt

Carmine body is not that great unless it is +1 , if you have a maxed samnhau coat use that instead.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-09-28 17:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Straight off the front page...

ItemSet 325026

Like others have said, your accessories have issues. Samnuha Coat and Carmine body/hands are good substitutes if you can't get high MAB/AGI/WSD rolls on Herc. If you don't have dark weather, go w/ Eschan Stone.

Your weapons as well... Holliday just isn't that good of a Leaden Salute weapon... if you don't have R/M/E, try for a Doomsday with as close to 20STR/20AGI/25MAB/7%WSD as you can. Molybdosis is a weaker option if your group can tackle WOC. Fettering, Atoyac, Arendsi Fleuret are all going to be better for Leaden Damage. Like we mentioned in the other thread, the best combo is Fettering/Blurred+1 to get to 1750 TP as fast as you can. If you're pewing for TP, follow the set above.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 17:06:20
Link | Citer | R

Holliday is honestly not that bad IF you can get MAB and AGI augments. It also offers a lot more racc than Doomsday does. If you're on a budget, it works, but a perfect Doomsday is the goal if you're not after any RMEA.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-09-28 17:08:02
Link | Citer | R

It's not terrible, but better to put stones toward Herc augments instead, IMO.
By Taffy 2016-09-29 01:10:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Holliday is honestly not that bad IF you can get MAB and AGI augments. It also offers a lot more racc than Doomsday does. If you're on a budget, it works, but a perfect Doomsday is the goal if you're not after any RMEA.

I have Doomsday with some decent but not perfect augs. Holliday is currently augmented better than the doomsday imo though i can post augs on both tomorrow. I have moly and use that a lot more than any of my other guns atm, im currently about half way through aeonic gun too (I made dagger first). I also have probably stored a lot of various +2 alluvion stones so if doomsday is really worth it (bearing in mind I should finish aeonic gun in the next 2-3 weeks) then i'll go pull it out of storage.

I'll pick up arvina +1, have beatyl pendant and herc augments are fine. I've been saving alex for a Vajra but based on what I'm hearing about DP maybe this should be my focus....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-29 05:15:24
Link | Citer | R

For anyone who hates the random aug system with a passion(like me..) Compensator augmented is also a good stopgap gun if you can get it. And it's also useful pre-fight anyway for longer rolls.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-29 08:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Moly is a fairly good substitute for random augment guns but a maxed doomsday will beat it by a little bit, from what I understand Forma is next best gun for Salute after DP if not WSing at 3k tp but won't really be any good for wildfire. post your Holliday augs or use Afinas spreadsheet to see what beats what in DPS.

if you really love playing cor then yea you really can't beat a DP but you don't need to have DP to be a great cor so pick w/e job you wanna play the most for a mythic IMO.
By Taffy 2016-09-29 09:17:31
Link | Citer | R

Moly is a fairly good substitute for random augment guns but a maxed doomsday will beat it by a little bit, from what I understand Forma is next best gun for Salute after DP if not WSing at 3k tp but won't really be any good for wildfire. post your Holliday augs or use Afinas spreadsheet to see what beats what in DPS.

if you really love playing cor then yea you really can't beat a DP but you don't need to have DP to be a great cor so pick w/e job you wanna play the most for a mythic IMO.

Should I be using Moly over Holliday for Leaden? If so it will really simplify my gs..
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-29 09:40:58
Link | Citer | R

IIRC your holiday has MAB and agi augs on it right?
By Taffy 2016-09-29 10:26:20
Link | Citer | R

IIRC your holiday has MAB and agi augs on it right?

Correct
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-29 11:05:53
Link | Citer | R

how much of each on augment? if it's more than 10 agi and 25 MAB it will proly beat moly but you might have to test to see.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-30 14:13:56
Link | Citer | R

ok so usualy I go out to Ceizak battlegrounds and 3ktp salute Mandies when comparing gear selections and the last time I did this w/o buffs it was around 32k. just last night I was helping someone with unity fight V cluster and after we were done while it was still darksday and I had voidstorm 2 on using anrin obi on an Overgrown rose NQ morbol mob at 3k tp I only managed 25k... is there some glitch with anrin obi(sea darksday/weather obi) while on darksday and voidstorm 2? or did I only get a great resist? only did one Ws when we were done then warped lol so yea not a huge sample.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-30 14:22:17
Link | Citer | R

Prob resist.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-30 14:31:30
Link | Citer | R

A few monsters in the Plantoid family are generally strong to dark. Belladonna and Funguar for sure, and I *think* Rafflesia and Morbols too.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-30 17:02:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
A few monsters in the Plantoid family are generally strong to dark. Belladonna and Funguar for sure, and I *think* Rafflesia and Morbols too.

I thought the same thing but Bg wiki only lists resistance to water.
By lazskini 2016-10-04 00:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Is the Job Points priority on the front page still relevant?
R. Acc. > Wild Card > Triple Shot ??

Do I want to max these to 20 before putting any points in the other categories?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-04 00:14:55
Link | Citer | R

It really depends on how you play and what you use COR for. For example, if you don't really shoot then the ones related to that would be a low priority.
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-04 04:52:50
Link | Citer | R

lazskini said: »

If you have an event ls you may want to talk to them about what they need. A lot of LS seems to ask for capped random deal and roll JPs.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-04 05:13:57
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
lazskini said: »

If you have an event ls you may want to talk to them about what they need. A lot of LS seems to ask for capped random deal and roll JPs.
This is true for Wild Card too. If you don't find yourself using these abilities often for your ls then they can wait.

I'd still consider racc one of the most important of all, together with PR duration if anything for the benefit of longer crooked rolls.
[+]
By lazskini 2016-10-04 15:36:07
Link | Citer | R

Thanks everyone, I don't have an event LS and COR will be my first job doing actual content, more than likely joining random shouts.

I think I'll put even amounts of points into Wild Card, Roll Duration, Random Deal and RAcc, to cover all bases.
By Enucleation 2016-10-04 17:33:15
Link | Citer | R

Just make a couple friends and get stuff working, I came back after years of inactivity and a server change mainly working on RNG until I had a change of heart and went COR from nothing. I geared up my cor pretty well in about 2 weeks with only 1-2 friends helping me out and poked around Eightballs brain a bit. A lot of it you can do on your own so get crackin and good luck!
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-10-04 20:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Enucleation said: »
until I hchange of heart and went COR

:P i like how you put that lol.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 156 157 158